Log In

Please consider registering
Guest

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Min search length: 3 characters / Max search length: 84 characters

Ranks

Lost password?
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
How do you celebrate the Beatles?
RSS
Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
2716 Posts
(Offline)
1
26 June 2010 - 3.59am

1. My siblings and I play a "Beatle game" where we pretend to be the Beatles.

2. We have Beatle-related code names.

3. We play "Beatle basketball:" we pick teams using characters, animals and things from songs.

4. We have The Beatles:Rock Band.
5. We have the remastered albums.

Now it's YOUR turn to share!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

Avatar
skye
AZ
2252 Posts
(Offline)
2
26 June 2010 - 4.04am

I keep giving them my money. a-hard-days-night-john-7

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!

Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
4618 Posts
(Offline)
3
26 June 2010 - 4.25am

skye said:

I keep giving them my money. a-hard-days-night-john-7


 

Ditto!!!

 

I'm addicted to this forum.

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

Marcelo
478 Posts
(Offline)
4
26 June 2010 - 4.30am

I drive everybody around me mad talking about how awesome they are/were as individuals and as a group. I also quote, sing or even shout their songs to everybody to hear.

I'd like to say "thank you" on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition.
John Lennon

Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
2716 Posts
(Offline)
5
26 June 2010 - 3.12pm

I'm going to combine my #s 4 and 5, so it will look like this:

4.We have The Beatles:Rock Band and the 2009 stereo remasters.

5.We TALK in lyrics.

6.We have debates over the meanings of songs.

7.We came up with a date for Beatles Day (July 6).

Oh yeah! a-hard-days-night-john-1

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

Avatar
jenn
Cardiff
56 Posts
(Offline)
6
28 June 2010 - 4.18pm

skye said:

I keep giving them my money. a-hard-days-night-john-7


I laughed.  (...because of the dead pan, but also because it's so true.)

Do what you want to do, and go where you're going to…

Avatar
c64wood
249 Posts
(Offline)
7
28 June 2010 - 8.21pm

skye said:

I keep giving them my money. a-hard-days-night-john-7


 

Yeah!  Yeah!  Yeah!

I know you know what you know, but you should know by now that you're not me ~ Ron Nasty

Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
8
28 June 2010 - 8.59pm


skye said:

I keep giving them my money. a-hard-days-night-john-7


 

I guess it can buy them love.

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
2716 Posts
(Offline)
9
29 June 2010 - 3.17am

skye said:

I keep giving them my money. a-hard-days-night-john-7


What about your funny paper? 

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

Avatar
A Fiendish Thingy
By the banks of her own lagoon
373 Posts
(Offline)
10
29 June 2010 - 4.13am

skye said:

I keep giving them my money. a-hard-days-night-john-7


 

You Never Give Me Your Money. a-hard-days-night-ringo-7
It's true, though. I give them LOTS of money. apple01

I'm in love, but I'm lazy.

Avatar
Sunii
644 Posts
(Offline)
11
29 June 2010 - 4.19am

I practically worship them.

That's celebrating, right? a-hard-days-night-paul-2

 

Thursday night your stockings needed mending.

Avatar
skye
AZ
2252 Posts
(Offline)
12
29 June 2010 - 4.28am

A Fiendish Thingy said:

 

You Never Give Me Your Money. a-hard-days-night-ringo-7


 

All the money's gone, nowhere to go. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I don't celebrate so much as question my sanity. My obsessions usually fade by now.

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!

Avatar
A Fiendish Thingy
By the banks of her own lagoon
373 Posts
(Offline)
13
29 June 2010 - 4.33am

skye said:

A Fiendish Thingy said:

 

You Never Give Me Your Money. a-hard-days-night-ringo-7


 

All the money's gone, nowhere to go. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I don't celebrate so much as question my sanity. My obsessions usually fade by now.


 

Guess that's what the Beatles do to people... a-hard-days-night-george-9

I'm in love, but I'm lazy.

Avatar
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

8734 Posts
(Offline)
14
29 June 2010 - 3.47pm

To no end…

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
15
29 June 2010 - 11.54pm

Zig said:

To no end…


The love you take is not equal to the love you make. By financial means of course.

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
2716 Posts
(Offline)
16
1 July 2010 - 2.56am

But what about the fantastic drum solos? Or the 3-way guitar solo? That, I think, is the most awesome solo of any kind in the Beatles.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
1143 Posts
(Offline)
17
9 August 2010 - 4.30pm

Marcelo said:

I drive everybody around me mad talking about how awesome they are/were as individuals and as a group. I also quote, sing or even shout their songs to everybody to hear.


Same here, most people dislike me now, but who cares. Am I right, c'mon give me knuckles.a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
1143 Posts
(Offline)
18
9 August 2010 - 4.32pm

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

I'm going to combine my #s 4 and 5, so it will look like this:

4.We have The Beatles:Rock Band and the 2009 stereo remasters.

5.We TALK in lyrics.

6.We have debates over the meanings of songs.

7.We came up with a date for Beatles Day (July 6).

Oh yeah! a-hard-days-night-john-1


I would love to celebrate Beatles day! And for Paul's birthday I sang "Birthday" over, and over, and over.

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
19
9 August 2010 - 4.34pm

I do it by listening to their albums...........

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

high.

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
2716 Posts
(Offline)
20
15 August 2010 - 5.01am

Dear Prudence said:

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

I'm going to combine my #s 4 and 5, so it will look like this:

4.We have The Beatles:Rock Band and the 2009 stereo remasters.

5.We TALK in lyrics.

6.We have debates over the meanings of songs.

7.We came up with a date for Beatles Day (July 6).

Oh yeah! a-hard-days-night-john-1


I would love to celebrate Beatles day! And for Paul's birthday I sang "Birthday" over, and over, and over.
 

According to my mom, "Young Paul wrote that song for Old Paul to sing."

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Joe
Ellie

Moderators:
Ahhh Girl
meanmistermustard
Zig
Joe

Top Posters:

Starr Shine?: 12313

Silly Girl: 8633

parlance: 7065

mr. Sun king coming together: 6429

Mr. Kite: 6131

trcanberra: 5857

Ron Nasty: 5567

Necko: 5482

mithveaen: 4618

AppleScruffJunior: 4056

Newest Members:

wiredtree

Swango

Eric mythemeshop

princepaulie

simonc

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 4014

Posts: 228190

 

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 3642

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: BluemeanAl, Ahhh Girl, Starr Shine?
29 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: Amber1965