Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
George interview December 1974 - where he is joined by John!
22 September 2013
12.36pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Wow! This is George being interviewed by Radio KHJ 930 AM broadcast on 21 December 1974. Part One is just George. Part Two though, John has turned up and joins in. This must be the last occasion when the two were interviewed together.

This is the joy of being a Beatles fan, and the interweb – you think you have a rough idea of things, and then something turns up that you had no idea existed. A fecking radio interview with George and John in 1974!

Can you imagine the face of the interviewer? Probably very happy he’s got an interview with George, and then John turns up for the last few minutes of the interview.

I was trying to think where to put this, and there are threads it could have happily have sat in (the John-George post-Beatles relationship being a good one), but I thought this deserves its own in the end. I didn’t want it getting lost.

Enjoy!

Part One: George

Part Two: George and John

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

22 September 2013
2.24pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929

Oh I found this a few months back. I don’t know if I posted it, I certainly meant to.

It’s great to listen to it again, thanks. :D

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

22 September 2013
7.34pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

The one with John was posted in the thread that looked at John and George’s relation post-beatles (looks like it got lost). Its a very cool find and always worth a listen.

Makes you wonder not only what is out there that we haven’t yet came across but also what’s in the vaults or collector’s closed hands.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 September 2013
8.13pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

As what we’re hearing is the edited radio broadcast, doesn’t the raw tape – recorded on whatever night it was recorded – become one of the great lost tapes? I very much doubt that everything recorded that night ended up in the broadcast. I would love to hear that tape!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

22 September 2013
8.39pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

I’d love to hear and see more of the Anthology moments when all three were together and reminiscing. Its such a shame that drugs and drink were so heavily consumed when John and Paul were together on that ’74 tape. Maybe something sober from John and Paul were together in the mid-70’s is out there.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694