Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The Baker's Dozen
26 January 2021
5.30pm
Magill
Isle Of Wight
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 458
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5801sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. Do You Want To Know A Secret ? (Opens with 13 seconds of rubato)

2. I Me Mine

3. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds

4. Fixing A Hole (one of the worst examples of Ringo’s internal metronome letting him down, the whole song ends 8BPM faster than it starts. A significant enough deviation to include it imo, but feel free to disqualify this

5. Within You Without You (it gets faster at “about the love that’s gone so cold”)

George for lifeahdn_george_06.gif

2021: Hmm.png

26 January 2021
6.04pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5448
5802sp_Permalink sp_Print

13 Beatles songs that don’t maintain a consistent tempo throughout:

2. I Me Mine

4. Fixing A Hole (one of the worst examples of Ringo’s internal metronome letting him down, the whole song ends 8BPM faster than it starts. A significant enough deviation to include it imo)

5. Within You Without You (it gets faster at “about the love that’s gone so cold”, and frequently abandons beat altogether)

6. She Loves You (extended pause before the final “…be glaaaaad!, yeah yeah yeah…”)

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

26 January 2021
7.17pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
5803sp_Permalink sp_Print

2. I Me Mine
4. Fixing A Hole (one of the worst examples of Ringo’s internal metronome letting him down, the whole song ends 8BPM faster than it starts. A significant enough deviation to include it imo)
5. Within You Without You (it gets faster at “about the love that’s gone so cold”, and frequently abandons beat altogether)
6. She Loves You (extended pause before the final “…be glaaaaad!, yeah yeah yeah…”)
7. Happiness Is A Warm Gun (time signatures all over the place)

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

27 January 2021
4.39am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
5804sp_Permalink sp_Print

2. I Me Mine
6. She Loves You (extended pause before the final “…be glaaaaad!, yeah yeah yeah…”)
7. Happiness Is A Warm Gun (time signatures all over the place)
8. Love You Too – The opening instrumental section picks up speed to the point where the verse starts and it flies thru.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 January 2021
6.47am
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1047
5805sp_Permalink sp_Print

2. I Me Mine
8. Love You To – The opening instrumental section picks up speed to the point where the verse starts and it flies thru.
9. I Am The Walrus – (song slows down for the “sitting in an English garden” part)

The following people thank Jolly Jimmy for this post:

Magill

You are all my friends.

27 January 2021
8.16am
Teddy Salad
SL, UT
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1110
5806sp_Permalink sp_Print

2. I Me Mine
8. Love You To – The opening instrumental section picks up speed to the point where the verse starts and it flies thru.
9. I Am The Walrus – (song slows down for the “sitting in an English garden” part)

10. Magical Mystery Tour (at least three tempos)

Yes, I'm livin' in hope

nutopia.jpg     

We surrender, to peace and to love

27 January 2021
8.42am
Magill
Isle Of Wight
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
5807sp_Permalink sp_Print

i think I started this thread up again, right?

27 January 2021
11.42am
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
5808sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. Do You Want To Know A Secret ? (Opens with 13 seconds of rubato)
2. I Me Mine
3. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
4. Fixing A Hole (one of the worst examples of Ringo’s internal metronome letting him down, the whole song ends 8BPM faster than it starts. A significant enough deviation to include it imo)
5. Within You Without You (it gets faster at “about the love that’s gone so cold”, and frequently abandons beat altogether)
6. She Loves You (extended pause before the final “…be glaaaaad!, yeah yeah yeah…”)
8. Love You To – The opening instrumental section picks up speed to the point where the verse starts and it flies thru.
9. I Am The Walrus – (song slows down for the “sitting in an English garden” part
10. Magical Mystery Tour (at least three tempos
11. Dig A Pony

Hey @The Hole Got Fixed, when you search this subject in google your database is prominently displayed. What’s next, maybe lunch with Mark Lewisohn?apple01

Screen-Shot-2021-01-27-at-9.35.58-AM.pngImage Enlarger

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

27 January 2021
4.44pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
5809sp_Permalink sp_Print

2. I Me Mine

4. Fixing A Hole (one of the worst examples of Ringo’s internal metronome letting him down, the whole song ends 8BPM faster than it starts. A significant enough deviation to include it imo)

5. Within You Without You (it gets faster at “about the love that’s gone so cold”, and frequently abandons beat altogether)

9. I Am The Walrus – (song slows down for the “sitting in an English garden” part

11. Dig A Pony

12. Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite

sigh butterfly said

Hey @The Hole Got Fixed, when you search this subject in google your database is prominently displayed. What’s next, maybe lunch with Mark Lewisohn?apple01

Screen-Shot-2021-01-27-at-9.35.58-AM.pngImage Enlarger

Roll out the red carpet, I’m famous!

I’ll be signing autographs for the next week only, so get in quick a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

27 January 2021
11.06pm
sigh butterfly
Rishikesh
Members

The Hole Got Fixed said

I’ll be signing autographs for the next week only, so get in quick a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

I still have the autographed book you gave me at the BBH. Btw-I found this newspaper folded up between the pages. Hope things have calmed down since then!beatlemaniacs_02_gif

3d62170e-19af-4536-8019-bb806f2afc07.b1db8596ffb43a55ce6c56c4f3f3b3c7-1.jpgImage Enlarger

12821430_1685040395080890_84561711844431531_n-291x420-1.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

Magill, The Hole Got Fixed

You and I have memories

28 January 2021
6.37am
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
5811sp_Permalink sp_Print

2. I Me Mine

11. Dig A Pony

12. Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite

13. You Never Give Me Your Money

13 PLACES THE BEATLES PERFORMED THAT NO LONGER EXIST

This could either be a full concert or just a song or two such as for a TV show.  You need not be super detailed with dates and such if you do not know info.

1. International Amphitheater, Chicago, IL – Beatles did a show 9/5/64.  It was demolished in 1999.

You are all my friends.

28 January 2021
8.05am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5812sp_Permalink sp_Print

This could either be a full concert or just a song or two such as for a TV show.  You need not be super detailed with dates and such if you do not know info.

1. International Amphitheater, Chicago, IL – Beatles did a show 9/5/64.  It was demolished in 1999.
2. The Cavern Club, Mathew Street, Liverpool – Beatles played there 292 times. While there is still a Cavern Club on Mathew Street, it is a rebuild further up the street; the original was demolished in 1973.

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

28 January 2021
8.11am
Magill
Isle Of Wight
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
5813sp_Permalink sp_Print

2. The Cavern Club, Mathew Street, Liverpool – Beatles played there 292 times. While there is still a Cavern Club on Mathew Street, it is a rebuild further up the street; the original was demolished in 1973

3. Ed sullivan show – When ed sullivan died, it couldn’t go on as a show anymore.

28 January 2021
8.59am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5814sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Ed Sullivan Show is a TV show and not a place, @Magill. The building in which they performed still exists.

28 January 2021
9.04am
Magill
Isle Of Wight
Ed Sullivan Show
Members

In that case,

2. The Cavern Club, Mathew Street, Liverpool – Beatles played there 292 times. While there is still a Cavern Club on Mathew Street, it is a rebuild further up the street; the original was demolished in 1973

3. Casbah Coffee Club – It’s been told to have been destroyed and replaced with a new one, similar to the cavern club.

Thanks, @Ron Nasty. I got into the Beatles in May 2020, so i’m still learning, and can sometimes be confused with things.

28 January 2021
9.07am
Magill
Isle Of Wight
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
5816sp_Permalink sp_Print

sigh butterfly said

The Hole Got Fixed said

I still have the autographed book you gave me at the BBH. Btw-I found this newspaper folded up between the pages. Hope things have calmed down since then!beatlemaniacs_02_gif

3d62170e-19af-4536-8019-bb806f2afc07.b1db8596ffb43a55ce6c56c4f3f3b3c7-1.jpgImage Enlarger

12821430_1685040395080890_84561711844431531_n-291x420-1.jpgImage Enlarger

Where can I get the Holey Bible?

28 January 2021
9.12am
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
5817sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. International Amphitheater, Chicago, IL – Beatles did a show 9/5/64. It was demolished in 1999.
3. Candlestick Park, San Francisco, CA – Site of last official Beatles concert on 8/29/66.  Place was gradually torn down starting in 2013.  Giants and 49ers play in new stadiums.

I agree with Ron.  The Ed Sullivan Theater is still used for the David Letterman Show and Stephen Colbert Show on CBS.  I am hoping Forum users may be more familiar with their local area for this list.

You are all my friends.

28 January 2021
9.20am
sigh butterfly
Rishikesh
Members

Good morning from rainy California @Magill. It’s available at Target stores or Amazon. It contains some practical “New Age” advice which is right up my alley ya know. 

https://www.target.com/p/the-h…..A-81825212

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=the….._sb_noss_2

You and I have memories

28 January 2021
9.25am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Afraid the Casbah Coffee Club still very much exists, @Magill; it was in the basement of Mona Best’s home at Hayman’s Green, which is now a Grade II listed building, and is run as a tourist attraction by the Best family. AG and I went there on her first trip to Liverpool, with a tour given by Roag Best (son of Mona and Neil Aspinall). Still features the original paint job done by John, Paul, George and Ken Brown, as well as the silhouette of John painted by Cynthia, and graffiti by John (which got him a clip round the ear from Mona).

Casbah-Coffee-Club.jpgImage Enlarger

Casbah-Coffee-Club-interior.jpgImage Enlarger

When it was given Grade II protection in 2006, Bob Hawkins, who headed English Heritage’s Protection unit in the North of England said of it:

The basement Casbah Club rooms are historically significant because they represent tangible evidence of The Beatles’ formation, their growth in popularity and their enduring cultural influence throughout the world. The club survives in a remarkably well-preserved condition since its closure in 1962, with wall and ceiling paintings of spiders, dragons, rainbows and stars by original band members along with 1960s musical equipment, amplifiers and original chairs. We know of no other survival like it in Liverpool or indeed anywhere else.

Sorry.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Magill, Richard

28 January 2021
9.54am
sigh butterfly
Rishikesh
Members

1. International Amphitheater, Chicago, IL – Beatles did a show 9/5/64. It was demolished in 1999.
2. The Cavern Club, Mathew Street, Liverpool – Beatles played there 292 times. While there is still a Cavern Club on Mathew Street, it is a rebuild further up the street; the original was demolished in 1973.
3. Odeon Cinema, London Road, Liverpool – On December 7, 1963, The Beatles played twice at one of Liverpool’s largest cinemas which was also the venue for the northern premier of A Hard Day’s Night in 1964. The cinema was recently demolished and is currently being developed as part of a £35m project to build 500 student homes.

JS14171557.jpgImage Enlarger

The Beatles in Liverpool, Friday 10th July 1964. Back home for evening premiere of ‘A Hard Day’s Night ‘ at the Odeon Cinema. Pictured, Beatles with Lady Mayoress at Town Hall for Civic Reception.

You and I have memories

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691