Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The Baker's Dozen
30 June 2020
10.37am
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5221sp_Permalink sp_Print

13 Movie Songs (Beatles/Solo) with description of the onscreen activity

1. Can’t Buy Me Love – Beatles frolic on a soccer field

2. I Should Have Known Better – Beatles sing to schoolgirls (including Pattie Boyd) on train

3. Live And Let Die – Singer B. J. Arnau performs a voodoo fire dance in a trance

4. One After 909 – Film footage of the Beatles-plus-Billy performing the song on the Apple rooftop is juxtaposed with the street-level reactions of spectators and policemen to the loud performance

5. Your Mother Should Know – The Beatles singing while walking/dancing down a staircase in the style of light entertainers

6. Help ! The lads perform the song while a nefarious cult leader throws darts at Ringo.

7. It’s All Too Much – Jeremy Hilary Boob, Ph.D rides a colorful fountain into the sky in celebration of the Blue Meanies defeat

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

30 June 2020
11.48am
jamessick
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 381

2. I Should Have Known Better – Beatles sing to schoolgirls (including Pattie Boyd) on train

3. Live And Let Die – Singer B. J. Arnau performs a voodoo fire dance in a trance

4. One After 909 – Film footage of the Beatles-plus-Billy performing the song on the Apple rooftop is juxtaposed with the street-level reactions of spectators and policemen to the loud performance

5. Your Mother Should Know – The Beatles singing while walking/dancing down a staircase in the style of light entertainers

6. Help ! The lads perform the song while a nefarious cult leader throws darts at Ringo.

7. It’s All Too Much – Jeremy Hilary Boob, Ph.D rides a colorful fountain into the sky in celebration of the Blue Meanies defeat

8. If I Fell – The band and stage hands are still setting up for a television recording/rehearsal, getting Ringo’s drum kit barely in place before the drum cue in the song starts

The following people thank jamessick for this post:

Teddy Salad
30 June 2020
8.24pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
5223sp_Permalink sp_Print

7. It’s All Too Much – Jeremy Hilary Boob, Ph.D rides a colorful fountain into the sky in celebration of the Blue Meanies defeat
8. If I Fell – The band and stage hands are still setting up for a television recording/rehearsal, getting Ringo’s drum kit barely in place before the drum cue in the song starts
9. Hottest Gong in Town – George appears as a white-jacketed bowtied slicked-back hair 1938 nightclub singer as Madonna and Sean Penn enter a club and are seated in Shanghai Surprise.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

sigh butterfly

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

30 June 2020
8.38pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
5224sp_Permalink sp_Print

7. It’s All Too Much – Jeremy Hilary Boob, Ph.D rides a colorful fountain into the sky in celebration of the Blue Meanies defeat

8. If I Fell – The band and stage hands are still setting up for a television recording/rehearsal, getting Ringo’s drum kit barely in place before the drum cue in the song starts

9. Hottest Gong in Town – George appears as a white-jacketed bowtied slicked-back hair 1938 nightclub singer as Madonna and Sean Penn enter a club and are seated in Shanghai Surprise.

10. I Need You – The Beatles perform in a field while being aimed at by tanks. 

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

1 July 2020
8.21am
Teddy Salad
SL, UT
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1110
5225sp_Permalink sp_Print

9. Hottest Gong in Town – George appears as a white-jacketed bowtied slicked-back hair 1938 nightclub singer as Madonna and Sean Penn enter a club and are seated in Shanghai Surprise.

10. I Need You – The Beatles perform in a field while being aimed at by tanks. 

11. Another Girl – The Beatles perform antics on and near the beach, including switching instruments and pretending a(nother?) girl is a guitar

Yes, I'm livin' in hope

nutopia.jpg     

We surrender, to peace and to love

1 July 2020
11.32am
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
5226sp_Permalink sp_Print

9. Hottest Gong in Town – George appears as a white-jacketed bowtied slicked-back hair 1938 nightclub singer as Madonna and Sean Penn enter a club and are seated in Shanghai Surprise.

11. Another Girl – The Beatles perform antics on and near the beach, including switching instruments and pretending a(nother?) girl is a guitar

12. You’re Going To Lose that Girl – The Beatles perform a take of the song in studio while the floor is sawed off around Ringo’s drum kit. 

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

1 July 2020
12.07pm
Teddy Salad
SL, UT
Candlestick Park
Members

sir walter raleigh said

12. You’re Going To Lose that Girl – The Beatles perform a take of the song in studio while the floor is sawed off around Ringo’s drum kit. 

“It was you buzzing. You naughty boy.” ahdn_john_08_gifMy favorite lines from the film!

The following people thank Teddy Salad for this post:

sigh butterfly

Yes, I'm livin' in hope

nutopia.jpg     

2 July 2020
6.02am
alittlebitolder
There Is A Place
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 524

11. Another Girl – The Beatles perform antics on and near the beach, including switching instruments and pretending a(nother?) girl is a guitar

13. Get Back – After the police have arrived, Mal turns off the amps. John looks like ‘what’s happening’ but George just thinks ‘f**k this’ and rebelliously turns his amp back on again! Then they carry on, Paul ad libbing, John looking defiant and then completes the scene with his immortal line! Whoever thought up the script for this deserved an Oscar! 🙂

2 July 2020
6.09am
alittlebitolder
There Is A Place
Carnegie Hall
Members
5229sp_Permalink sp_Print

There are 12 Lennon-McCartney songs consisting of a single word plus one Lennon-McCartney-Harrison-Starkey. Can you name them all, without peeking at lists of Beatles songs? Can you please leave the group composition to the end! (Apologies again if this has been done before!)

I’ll start off with something that happens a lot where I live … 

1. Rain

The following people thank alittlebitolder for this post:

Teddy Salad
2 July 2020
7.11am
Monkberry Moon Delight
On the run with the band
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 387
5230sp_Permalink sp_Print
There are 12 Lennon-McCartney songs consisting of a single word plus one Lennon-McCartney-Harrison-Starkey. Can you name them all, without peeking at lists of Beatles songs? Can you please leave the group composition to the end! (Apologies again if this has been done before!)

Queen says no to pot-smoking FBI members.

2 July 2020
7.42am
Teddy Salad
SL, UT
Candlestick Park
Members
5231sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. Rain
3. Help !

Yes, I'm livin' in hope

nutopia.jpg     

2 July 2020
8.51am
alittlebitolder
There Is A Place
Carnegie Hall
Members
5232sp_Permalink sp_Print
There are 12 Lennon-McCartney songs consisting of a single word title plus one Lennon-McCartney-Harrison-Starkey. Can you name them all, without peeking at lists of Beatles songs? Can you please leave the group composition to the end!

Sorry, @Monkberry moon Delight , we can’t use ‘Piggies ‘ as it is a George Harrison song … only those by Lennon – McCartney. 

1. Rain
2. Help !

2 July 2020
9.00am
Monkberry Moon Delight
On the run with the band
Paris Olympia
Members
5233sp_Permalink sp_Print

alittlebitolder said

Sorry, @Monkberry moon Delight , we can’t use ‘Piggies ‘ as it is a George Harrison song … only those by Lennon – McCartney. 

I’m an idiot. paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

1. Rain
2. Help !
3. Blackbird

2 July 2020
11.38am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22238
5234sp_Permalink sp_Print

There are 12 Lennon-McCartney songs consisting of a single word title plus one Lennon-McCartney-Harrison-Starkey. Can you name them all, without peeking at lists of Beatles songs? Can you please leave the group composition to the end!

1. Rain
2. Help !
3. Blackbird
4. Girl

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Teddy Salad
2 July 2020
1.56pm
Monkberry Moon Delight
On the run with the band
Paris Olympia
Members
5235sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. Rain
2. Help !
3. Blackbird
4. Girl
5. Michelle

2 July 2020
2.18pm
alittlebitolder
There Is A Place
Carnegie Hall
Members
5236sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. Rain
2. Help !
3. Blackbird
4. Girl
5. Michelle

6. Revolution

2 July 2020
3.09pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
5237sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. Rain
2. Help !
3. Blackbird
4. Girl
5. Michelle
6. Revolution
7. Wait

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

2 July 2020
3.21pm
Pablo Ramon
Some Time in NYC
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 687
5238sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. Rain
2. Help !
3. Blackbird
4. Girl
5. Michelle
6. Revolution
7. Wait

8. Birthday

2 July 2020
3.33pm
Teddy Salad
SL, UT
Candlestick Park
Members
5239sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. Rain
2. Help !
3. Blackbird
4. Girl
5. Michelle
6. Revolution
7. Wait

8. Birthday

9. Yesterday  

Yes, I'm livin' in hope

nutopia.jpg     

2 July 2020
6.24pm
kelicopter
Sitting in an English Garden
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1107
5240sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. Rain
2. Help !
3. Blackbird
4. Girl
5. Michelle
6. Revolution
7. Wait

8. Birthday

9. Yesterday  

10. Misery  

(This is a great round, really struggled to think of that! Thought of about 4 Harrisongs though, he favoured a one word title it seems!)

I think it's great you're going through a phase,

and I'm awfully glad it'll all be over in a couple

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22238, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694