Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The Baker's Dozen
20 April 2020
12.53pm
Teddy Salad
SL, UT
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1110
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4961sp_Permalink sp_Print

13 Iconic Dates In The Beatles’ History

1. February 1, 1964 (I Want To Hold Your Handhits #1 “in the USA”)

2. 11 February 1963 (“Please Please Me ” recording session 

3. August 29, 1966 (Their last concert at Candlestick Park in San Francisco)

4. 5th October 1962 (‘Love Me Do ‘ b/w ‘P. S. I Love You’ released in the U.K.)

5. February 9, 1964 (Beatles first appearance on Ed Sullivan Show)

6. August 16, 1962 (Pete Best gets sacked)

Yes, I'm livin' in hope

nutopia.jpg     

We surrender, to peace and to love

20 April 2020
1.28pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444
4962sp_Permalink sp_Print

7. June 25, 1967 (Our World satellite broadcast)

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

20 April 2020
11.43pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
4963sp_Permalink sp_Print

7. June 25, 1967 (Our World satellite broadcast)

8. July 6, 1957 (John and Paul meet)

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

21 April 2020
12.12am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4964sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. 1 February 1964 (I Want To Hold Your Hand hits #1 “in the USA”)
2. 11 February 1963 (“Please Please Me ” recording session)
3. 29 August 1966 (Their last concert at Candlestick Park in San Francisco)
4. 5 October 1962 (‘Love Me Do ‘ b/w ‘P. S. I Love You’ released in the U.K.)
5. 9 February 1964 (Beatles first appearance on Ed Sullivan Show)
6. 16 August 1962 (Pete Best gets sacked)
7. 25 June 1967 (Our World satellite broadcast)
8. 6 July 1957 (John and Paul meet)
9. 28 October 1961 (Raymond Jones walks into NEMS and asks Brian for a copy of My Bonnie  by The Beatles)

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

21 April 2020
6.56am
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1047
4965sp_Permalink sp_Print

9. 28 October 1961 (Raymond Jones walks into NEMS and asks Brian for a copy of My Bonnie  by The Beatles)
10. 27 August 1967 (Death of Brian Epstein)

You are all my friends.

21 April 2020
10.48am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444
4966sp_Permalink sp_Print

9. 28 October 1961 (Raymond Jones walks into NEMS and asks Brian for a copy of My Bonnie  by The Beatles)

11. 22 August 1962 (Cavern Club: First Beatles filmed performance)

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

21 April 2020
12.26pm
kurwabobrze
The Top Ten Club
Members
Forum Posts: 63
4967sp_Permalink sp_Print

9. 28 October 1961 (Raymond Jones walks into NEMS and asks Brian for a copy of My Bonnie  by The Beatles)

12. 10 April 1970 (The Beatles break up)

22 April 2020
7.59am
Teddy Salad
SL, UT
Candlestick Park
Members

12. 10 April 1970 (The Beatles break up)

13. 09 November 1961 (Brian Epstein first sees the Beatles live at the Cavern Club)

I found it interesting that most of the events we consider iconic occurred early in the history.  Anyway…

13 Beatles Songs You Don’t Really Care For And Why (can repeat if the “why” is different)

1. What Goes On (I always feel like this song sounds like a cover even though it’s a Lennon/McCartney/Starkey original)

Yes, I'm livin' in hope

nutopia.jpg     

22 April 2020
12.45pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

13 Beatles Songs You Don’t Really Care For And Why (can repeat if the “why” is different)

1. What Goes On (I always feel like this song sounds like a cover even though it’s a Lennon/McCartney/Starkey original)
2. Penny Lane (it exists, it goes by ok but it’s just too meh whilst folk rabbit on for hours about how amazing it is. Sorry but turn the 45” over and indulge in brilliance). 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 April 2020
6.37pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
4970sp_Permalink sp_Print

2. Penny Lane (it exists, it goes by ok but it’s just too meh whilst folk rabbit on for hours about how amazing it is. Sorry but turn the 45” over and indulge in brilliance). 

3. I Want You (She’s So Heavy) (too long, doesn’t evolve, bad hiss even by my lo-fi standards, bad edit at roughly 4:33, inane lyrics, a bore, etc. Skip forward a track and listen to one of the best)

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

22 April 2020
6.43pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
4971sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. What Goes On (I always feel like this song sounds like a cover even though it’s a Lennon/McCartney/Starkey original)

2. Penny Lane (it exists, it goes by ok but it’s just too meh whilst folk rabbit on for hours about how amazing it is. Sorry but turn the 45” over and indulge in brilliance). 

3. I Want You (She’s So Heavy) (too long, doesn’t evolve, bad hiss even by my lo-fi standards, bad edit at roughly 4:33, inane lyrics, a bore, etc. Skip forward a track and listen to one of the best)

4. Yellow Submarine (for me it just completely throws Revolver  off course and is probably the Beatles song I skip the most. I mean it’s okay and I’ll enjoy listening to it if I’m in a certain mood for inane silliness and I appreciate its place in pop culture, but overall it’s just some annoying childish thing that makes me want to tear my hair out because of how repetitive and drab it is. It’s not even the best song on its own album for its own movie. Just bleh)

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Teddy Salad

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

22 April 2020
9.24pm
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1047
4972sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. What Goes On (I always feel like this song sounds like a cover even though it’s a Lennon/McCartney/Starkey original)

2. Penny Lane (it exists, it goes by ok but it’s just too meh whilst folk rabbit on for hours about how amazing it is. Sorry but turn the 45” over and indulge in brilliance). 

4. Yellow Submarine (for me it just completely throws Revolver  off course and is probably the Beatles song I skip the most. I mean it’s okay and I’ll enjoy listening to it if I’m in a certain mood for inane silliness and I appreciate its place in pop culture, but overall it’s just some annoying childish thing that makes me want to tear my hair out because of how repetitive and drab it is. It’s not even the best song on its own album for its own movie. Just bleh)

5. Hey Jude (actually just the na na coda.  When song was new, I thought it was cool and I liked the novelty of a seven minute song on a 45.  But now I get inpatient with the endless repetition.  On an album or CD, I think the space could have better devoted to another song.  It also inspired other musicians to pad ordinary songs with unnecessary repetition to make it seem like an epic classic.  I’ll bet you can think of examples.”

You are all my friends.

23 April 2020
1.06am
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
4973sp_Permalink sp_Print

4. Yellow Submarine (for me it just completely throws Revolver  off course and is probably the Beatles song I skip the most. I mean it’s okay and I’ll enjoy listening to it if I’m in a certain mood for inane silliness and I appreciate its place in pop culture, but overall it’s just some annoying childish thing that makes me want to tear my hair out because of how repetitive and drab it is. It’s not even the best song on its own album for its own movie. Just bleh)

5. Hey Jude (actually just the na na coda.  When song was new, I thought it was cool and I liked the novelty of a seven minute song on a 45.  But now I get inpatient with the endless repetition.  On an album or CD, I think the space could have better devoted to another song.  It also inspired other musicians to pad ordinary songs with unnecessary repetition to make it seem like an epic classic.  I’ll bet you can think of examples.”

6. Tell Me What You See (I find this one pretty unremarkable, so much so in fact that I always forget it even exists. I think it’s the singing: John and Paul both sound like they aren’t putting a whole lot of effort into it, especially in the verses. The bits when they sing the title are actually pretty okay, but the best and really only interesting part of the song, for me, is the humming at the end. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a bad song, it’s just…. not a very good one.)

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

23 April 2020
3.36am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

4. Yellow Submarine (for me it just completely throws Revolver  off course and is probably the Beatles song I skip the most. I mean it’s okay and I’ll enjoy listening to it if I’m in a certain mood for inane silliness and I appreciate its place in pop culture, but overall it’s just some annoying childish thing that makes me want to tear my hair out because of how repetitive and drab it is. It’s not even the best song on its own album for its own movie. Just bleh)

5. Hey Jude (actually just the na na coda.  When song was new, I thought it was cool and I liked the novelty of a seven minute song on a 45.  But now I get inpatient with the endless repetition.  On an album or CD, I think the space could have better devoted to another song.  It also inspired other musicians to pad ordinary songs with unnecessary repetition to make it seem like an epic classic.  I’ll bet you can think of examples.”

6. Tell Me What You See (I find this one pretty unremarkable, so much so in fact that I always forget it even exists. I think it’s the singing: John and Paul both sound like they aren’t putting a whole lot of effort into it, especially in the verses. The bits when they sing the title are actually pretty okay, but the best and really only interesting part of the song, for me, is the humming at the end. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a bad song, it’s just…. not a very good one.)

7. Eight Days A Week (Hackwork monotony at it’s finest, it’s just so much of nothing. ‘BFS’ hits a massive dip with this at the end. The handclaps provide some interest, very slight, and it’s never good when the handclaps are the only highlight).

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Teddy Salad

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

23 April 2020
10.07am
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
4975sp_Permalink sp_Print

6. Tell Me What You See (I find this one pretty unremarkable, so much so in fact that I always forget it even exists. I think it’s the singing: John and Paul both sound like they aren’t putting a whole lot of effort into it, especially in the verses. The bits when they sing the title are actually pretty okay, but the best and really only interesting part of the song, for me, is the humming at the end. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a bad song, it’s just…. not a very good one.)

7. Eight Days A Week (Hackwork monotony at it’s finest, it’s just so much of nothing. ‘BFS’ hits a massive dip with this at the end. The handclaps provide some interest, very slight, and it’s never good when the handclaps are the only highlight).

8. I Wanna Be Your Man (I feel bad for harping on the Ringo songs but like it’s just not good. At least the Stones’ version has some sort of style to it– but this version is just bland and uninteresting. The vocal work that Ringo does is not good and really monotonous. The only parts I really enjoy are where Paul and John come in with the backing vocals during the chorus. Also, the repetitive and uninteresting lyrics don’t help the case of this song at all.)

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

24 April 2020
11.29am
Teddy Salad
SL, UT
Candlestick Park
Members

1. What Goes On (I always feel like this song sounds like a cover even though it’s a Lennon/McCartney/Starkey original. EDIT: I commented elsewhere on the forum that this sounds like No Reply lite. No dis to NR, just that this is a much poorer re-hash of the same concept.)

7. Eight Days A Week (Hackwork monotony at it’s finest, it’s just so much of nothing. ‘BFS’ hits a massive dip with this at the end. The handclaps provide some interest, very slight, and it’s never good when the handclaps are the only highlight).

8. I Wanna Be Your Man (I feel bad for harping on the Ringo songs but like it’s just not good. At least the Stones’ version has some sort of style to it– but this version is just bland and uninteresting. The vocal work that Ringo does is not good and really monotonous. The only parts I really enjoy are where Paul and John come in with the backing vocals during the chorus. Also, the repetitive and uninteresting lyrics don’t help the case of this song at all.)

9. She’s A Woman (Lyrics sound like they were dashed off as filler for the single, which seems to be verified by Paul’s and John’s comments on the song. Hasty recording session shows in the poor sonic quality.  Don’t particularly like Paul’s Little Richard here, which sounds weak and watery, almost sickly. I do like the chunky guitar and the piano backing.)       

Yes, I'm livin' in hope

nutopia.jpg     

24 April 2020
1.21pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4977sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. What Goes On (I always feel like this song sounds like a cover even though it’s a Lennon/McCartney/Starkey original. EDIT: I commented elsewhere on the forum that this sounds like No Reply lite. No dis to NR, just that this is a much poorer re-hash of the same concept.)

8. I Wanna Be Your Man (I feel bad for harping on the Ringo songs but like it’s just not good. At least the Stones’ version has some sort of style to it– but this version is just bland and uninteresting. The vocal work that Ringo does is not good and really monotonous. The only parts I really enjoy are where Paul and John come in with the backing vocals during the chorus. Also, the repetitive and uninteresting lyrics don’t help the case of this song at all.)

9. She’s A Woman (Lyrics sound like they were dashed off as filler for the single, which seems to be verified by Paul’s and John’s comments on the song. Hasty recording session shows in the poor sonic quality.  Don’t particularly like Paul’s Little Richard here, which sounds weak and watery, almost sickly. I do like the chunky guitar and the piano backing.)       

10. Your Mother Should Know (it lasts for 149 seconds and 120 of those I spend wanting the song to end. It’s just so boring. Nothing happens and my God how the lyrics are crap, and that’s before Paul starting dah-dahing. There is nothing to save this song from being dull.) 

24 April 2020
1.47pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777
4978sp_Permalink sp_Print

10. Your Mother Should Know (it lasts for 149 seconds and 120 of those I spend wanting the song to end. It’s just so boring. Nothing happens and my God how the lyrics are crap, and that’s before Paul starting dah-dahing. There is nothing to save this song from being dull.) 

11. She’s Leaving Home – zzzzzzz. Boring orchestration boring melody. The only good part is John’s response on the chorus. Subject bores me, lyrics bore me.

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

24 April 2020
2.49pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
4979sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. What Goes On (I always feel like this song sounds like a cover even though it’s a Lennon/McCartney/Starkey original. EDIT: I commented elsewhere on the forum that this sounds like No Reply lite. No dis to NR, just that this is a much poorer re-hash of the same concept.)

9. She’s A Woman (Lyrics sound like they were dashed off as filler for the single, which seems to be verified by Paul’s and John’s comments on the song. Hasty recording session shows in the poor sonic quality.  Don’t particularly like Paul’s Little Richard here, which sounds weak and watery, almost sickly. I do like the chunky guitar and the piano backing.)       

10. Your Mother Should Know (it lasts for 149 seconds and 120 of those I spend wanting the song to end. It’s just so boring. Nothing happens and my God how the lyrics are crap, and that’s before Paul starting dah-dahing. There is nothing to save this song from being dull.) 

11. She’s Leaving Home – zzzzzzz. Boring orchestration boring melody. The only good part is John’s response on the chorus. Subject bores me, lyrics bore me.

12. Magical Mystery Tour (Every time I hear this song I just cringe so hard. Sure it has some energy but its only purpose is to introduce the MMT EP like how Pepper had its intro, but at least Pepper’s intro had cool instrumental and guitar parts and good vocals and a cool character element to it which makes it actually listenable as a song in itself, whereas MMT is just 3 minutes of annoying insubstantial garbage that I just don’t care for at all)

||She/They ||

3 May 2020
11.25pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
4980sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. What Goes On (I always feel like this song sounds like a cover even though it’s a Lennon/McCartney/Starkey original. EDIT: I commented elsewhere on the forum that this sounds like No Reply lite. No dis to NR, just that this is a much poorer re-hash of the same concept.)

9. She’s A Woman (Lyrics sound like they were dashed off as filler for the single, which seems to be verified by Paul’s and John’s comments on the song. Hasty recording session shows in the poor sonic quality.  Don’t particularly like Paul’s Little Richard here, which sounds weak and watery, almost sickly. I do like the chunky guitar and the piano backing.)       

10. Your Mother Should Know (it lasts for 149 seconds and 120 of those I spend wanting the song to end. It’s just so boring. Nothing happens and my God how the lyrics are crap, and that’s before Paul starting dah-dahing. There is nothing to save this song from being dull.) 

11. She’s Leaving Home – zzzzzzz. Boring orchestration boring melody. The only good part is John’s response on the chorus. Subject bores me, lyrics bore me.

12. Magical Mystery Tour (Every time I hear this song I just cringe so hard. Sure it has some energy but its only purpose is to introduce the MMT EP like how Pepper had its intro, but at least Pepper’s intro had cool instrumental and guitar parts and good vocals and a cool character element to it which makes it actually listenable as a song in itself, whereas MMT is just 3 minutes of annoying insubstantial garbage that I just don’t care for at all)

13. Matchbox – I used to really enjoy it, but now I find it to be flatlined and boring in its tone.  Ringo can be more monotoned in his singing, and this is probably that to it’s fullest.

13 Paul McCartney Solo (And Wings) Medley Song Pairs (Songs Must Be Two Different Tracks)

1. Tug Of War & Take It Away

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22212, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691