Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The Baker's Dozen
5 October 2019
5.05pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

@Tony Japanese said

Ron Nasty said

The person who adds the thirteenth answer, TJ, chooses the next category.

I was relying on you, of all people, to pull me up on my answer RN 

ahdn_john_08_gif

DOH.gifImage Enlarger

I wasn’t really paying attention. Afraid we can’t allow Reg Varney – while the route of the buses he was on was often a mystery, it was rarely magical.

13 PASSENGERS ON THE Magical Mystery Tour BUS NOT COUNTING BEATLES

1) Jolly Jimmy Johnson. Hey, that me! Ha Ha Ha!
2) Some tourists visiting Liverpool
3) Little Nicola
4) Aunt Jessie
5) Buster Bloodvessel
6) Miss Wendy Winters
7) Shirley and her wild accordion
8) Mal Evans
9) That little person who was always taking pictures. Not sure if he was ever named. [Nasty note: actor George Claydon, credited as photographer.]
10) Nat The Rubber Man
11) The tour leader (for the aforementioned tourists)
12) The head of the official Beatles Fan Club.  Don’t know her name.  She didn’t have lines.  But she talked about her experience in books and the DVD extras. [Nasty note: Good Ol’ Freda Kelly.]
13) Tony Bramwell

New List:

13 places in Liverpool – not musical nor their homes – associated with the Beatles (as a group)
eg. if I’d said America instead of Liverpool, Blue Jay Way would be okay because it’s somewhere George stayed, the Hollywood Bowl would be wrong because they performed there.

1) Ye Cracke, the art school pub where John, Stu, Rod Murray and others hung out

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Richard, Tony Japanese

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

5 October 2019
8.33pm
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5285

13 places in Liverpool – not musical nor their homes – associated with the Beatles (as a group)
eg. if I’d said America instead of Liverpool, Blue Jay Way would be okay because it’s somewhere George stayed, the Hollywood Bowl would be wrong because they performed there.

1) Ye Cracke, the art school pub where John, Stu, Rod Murray and others hung out
2) Strawberry Field in the Woolton suburb

And in the end

The love you take is equal to the love you make

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

6 October 2019
8.25am
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 913
4623sp_Permalink sp_Print
eg. if I’d said America instead of Liverpool, Blue Jay Way would be okay because it’s somewhere George stayed, the Hollywood Bowl would be wrong because they performed there.

3) Liverpool Institute High School for Boys – All-boys grammar school where Paul, George and Neil Aspinall (among others) were to meet and form friendships.

7 October 2019
9.54am
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1047
4624sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Tony Japanese , I get the Reg Varney joke after reading his Wikipedia page.  He played a bus driver in several British TV shows and movies.

For purists, I’ll add Maggie the starlet as an alternate #13.  She was always seen in a mink coat but did not say much.  The midget photographer wanted to take her picture just before The Fool On The Hill segment.

But please go ahead and pick a new category.  I’m out of ideas and would have thrown the floor open anyway.

You are all my friends.

7 October 2019
10.15am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
4625sp_Permalink sp_Print

eg. if I’d said America instead of Liverpool, Blue Jay Way would be okay because it’s somewhere George stayed, the Hollywood Bowl would be wrong because they performed there.

3) Liverpool Institute High School for Boys – All-boys grammar school where Paul, George and Neil Aspinall (among others) were to meet and form friendships
4) The Philharmonic

7 October 2019
2.17pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
4626sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is Penny Lane all right to add?

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

7 October 2019
4.34pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4627sp_Permalink sp_Print

If Strawberry Field is ok, then Penny Lane should be too.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

50yearslate
7 October 2019
8.01pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
4628sp_Permalink sp_Print

Alrighty then

3) Liverpool Institute High School for Boys – All-boys grammar school where Paul, George and Neil Aspinall (among others) were to meet and form friendships
4) The Philharmonic

5) Penny Lane

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

7 October 2019
8.35pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4629sp_Permalink sp_Print

Penny Lane is fine, @50yearslate, it’s one of the reasons I included Blue Jay Way in the example. I just wanted to avoid a list of childhood homes and Liverpool clubs.

4) The Philharmonic
5) Penny Lane
6) Smithdown Place – where Penny Lane is really about

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

50yearslate, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

7 October 2019
8.47pm
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members
4630sp_Permalink sp_Print

3) Liverpool Institute High School for Boys – All-boys grammar school where Paul, George and Neil Aspinall (among others) were to meet and form friendships
4) The Philharmonic
5) Penny Lane
7) The ‘Cast Iron Shore’ (the River Mersey shoreline from Dingle to Otterspool in south Liverpool)

And in the end

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

7 October 2019
9.07pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
4631sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ron Nasty yay! I just wanted to make sure ‘musical’ didn’t include ‘Liverpudlian places mentioned in their songs.’

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

8 October 2019
10.51am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444

4) The Philharmonic
5) Penny Lane 
6) Smithdown Place – where Penny Lane is really about
7) The ‘Cast Iron Shore’ (the River Mersey shoreline from Dingle to Otterspool in south Liverpool)

8) Lime Street (where Maggie Mae plies her trade)

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

8 October 2019
1.28pm
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
4633sp_Permalink sp_Print

4) The Philharmonic

5) Penny Lane 

9) Blacklers — the large department store where George briefly apprenticed as an electrician.

9 October 2019
9.44am
CakeMaestor
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 767
4634sp_Permalink sp_Print

4) The Philharmonic

5) Penny Lane 

8) Lime Street (where Maggie Mae plies her trade)

9) Blacklers — the large department store where George briefly apprenticed as an electrician.

10) Royal Albert Hall – Famously mentioned during John’s line in “A Day In The Life

We do a little trolling

- Faul

9 October 2019
11.00am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444
4635sp_Permalink sp_Print

I believe the RAH is in London, not Liddypool a-hard-days-night-ringo-8apple01

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

9 October 2019
1.29pm
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
4636sp_Permalink sp_Print

vonbontee said
I believe the RAH is in London, not Liddypool a-hard-days-night-ringo-8apple01

You’d be right. Sorry @CakeMaestor we can’t count your answer.

The following people thank Tony Japanese for this post:

CakeMaestor
9 October 2019
2.02pm
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members
4637sp_Permalink sp_Print

3) Liverpool Institute High School for Boys – All-boys grammar school where Paul, George and Neil Aspinall (among others) were to meet and form friendships
4) The Philharmonic
5) Penny Lane
10) Dovedale Primary School – attended by John, George, and Pete Shotton

And in the end

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

9 October 2019
4.14pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4638sp_Permalink sp_Print

4) The Philharmonic
5) Penny Lane
11) The Grapes (3 drinking establishments in this list – those Beatles!)

9 October 2019
6.58pm
CakeMaestor
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 767
4639sp_Permalink sp_Print
4) The Philharmonic
5) Penny Lane

12) Saint Peter’s Church, Woolton’s Graveyard – The place where John and Paul first met, and the place where ‘Eleanor Rigby ‘ was buried. 

We do a little trolling

- Faul

10 October 2019
8.47am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

4) The Philharmonic
5) Penny Lane

12) Saint Peter’s Church, Woolton’s Graveyard – The place where John and Paul first met, and the place where ‘Eleanor Rigby ‘ was buried. 

13) Walker Art Gallery

13 family relationships in Beatles songs ( group or solo)

1) her brothers and her sisters can’t get a word in edgeways (Paul’s She’s Given Up Talking)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5517
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24960, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694