Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The Baker's Dozen
26 August 2019
9.58am
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5457
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4561sp_Permalink sp_Print

No harm done, no need to apologize…I know categories have been repeated in this thread alone…it’s years old!

1) And Your Bird Can Sing – “And Your Bird Can Sing ? Another one of my throwaways, fancy paper around an empty box” 

2) Run For Your Life

3) It’s Only Love – “That’s the one song I really hate of mine.”

4) Maxwell’s Silver Hammer

5) Cry Baby Cry – “A piece of rubbish!”

6) Mean Mr. Mustard

7) A Taste Of Honey (he often sang ‘a waste of money’ onstage instead)

8) If You Got Troubles – I don’t think the other Beatles liked it either

9) Across The Universe Let It Be version: “I think Paul would subconsciously try to destroy my songs, he would deny it of course” 

10. Hello Goodbye  

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

26 August 2019
11.45am
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 913
4562sp_Permalink sp_Print

1) And Your Bird Can Sing – “And Your Bird Can Sing ? Another one of my throwaways, fancy paper around an empty box” 

2) Run For Your Life

6) Mean Mr. Mustard

9) Across The Universe Let It Be version: “I think Paul would subconsciously try to destroy my songs, he would deny it of course” 

10. Hello Goodbye  

11. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

26 August 2019
9.10pm
CakeMaestor
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 767
4563sp_Permalink sp_Print

2) Run For Your Life

6) Mean Mr. Mustard

10. Hello Goodbye  

11. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

12. Polythene Pam – “A throwaway song that I wrote in India.”

Side note: Why is this game called the Baker’s Dozen if 13 answers have to be listed? Shouldn’t it be twelve?

We do a little trolling

- Faul

27 August 2019
7.18am
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1047
4564sp_Permalink sp_Print

2) Run For Your Life

6) Mean Mr. Mustard

10. Hello Goodbye  

11. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

12. Polythene Pam – “A throwaway song that I wrote in India.”

13. How Do You Do It – None of the Beatles wanted to record this song.

By definition, a baker’s dozen as opposed to a regular dozen, totals 13.  I guess this comes from some bakeries that gave you another free donut when you buy 12.

You are all my friends.

27 August 2019
7.22am
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
4565sp_Permalink sp_Print

THIRTEEN MOVIES THAT MENTION THE BEATLES BUT DO NOT STAR THE BEATLES NOR ARE ABOUT THE BEATLES

1)  Goldfinger – 007 says to Jill:  “My dear girl, there are some things that just aren’t done, such as drinking Dom Perignon ’53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s just as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs”

I’d like to think that was the true reason Oddjob gave him a karate chop soon thereafter.

The following people thank Jolly Jimmy for this post:

Richard, 50yearslate

You are all my friends.

27 August 2019
8.40am
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5293

THIRTEEN MOVIES THAT MENTION THE BEATLES BUT DO NOT STAR THE BEATLES NOR ARE ABOUT THE BEATLES

1) Goldfinger – 007 says to Jill: “My dear girl, there are some things that just aren’t done, such as drinking Dom Perignon ’53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s just as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs”

2) Almost Famous – William tells Stillwater that they will be on the cover of ‘Rolling Stone’ magazine, and the band’s lead singer says: “The first issue I bought had the Beatles on it. The Beatles! There were four of them, and there are four of us!”

And in the end

The love you take is equal to the love you make

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

27 August 2019
8.50am
CakeMaestor
Hollywood Bowl
Members
4567sp_Permalink sp_Print

1) Goldfinger – 007 says to Jill: “My dear girl, there are some things that just aren’t done, such as drinking Dom Perignon ’53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s just as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs”

2) Almost Famous – William tells Stillwater that they will be on the cover of ‘Rolling Stone’ magazine, and the band’s lead singer says: “The first issue I bought had the Beatles on it. The Beatles! There were four of them, and there are four of us!”

3) Blues Brothers – Stephen Lawrence says: Who do you think we are the fu**ing Beatles or something?”

We do a little trolling

- Faul

27 August 2019
11.24am
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
4568sp_Permalink sp_Print

3) Blues Brothers – Stephen Lawrence says: Who do you think we are the fu**ing Beatles or something?”

4)  I Am Sam – Movie is about a mentally challenged father fighting over custody of his daughter.  But he is a big Beatle fan and talks about them throughout movie.  Soundtrack features lots of Beatle covers.

You are all my friends.

27 August 2019
11.32am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5446

1) Goldfinger (1964) – 007 says to Jill: “My dear girl, there are some things that just aren’t done, such as drinking Dom Perignon ’53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s just as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs”

2) Almost Famous (2000) – William tells Stillwater that they will be on the cover of ‘Rolling Stone’ magazine, and the band’s lead singer says: “The first issue I bought had the Beatles on it. The Beatles! There were four of them, and there are four of us!”

3) Blues Brothers (1980) – Stephen Lawrence says: Who do you think we are the fu**ing Beatles or something?”

4)  I Am Sam – Movie is about a mentally challenged father fighting over custody of his daughter.  But he is a big Beatle fan and talks about them throughout movie.  Soundtrack features lots of Beatle covers.

5) Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner? (1967) – Cheerful elderly priest advises his friend and congregant Spencer Tracy not to worry about his daughter entering into a hasty interracial marriage: “What was that the Beatles sang? We Can Work It Out , Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!”

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

28 August 2019
6.17am
CakeMaestor
Hollywood Bowl
Members
4570sp_Permalink sp_Print

1) Goldfinger (1964) – 007 says to Jill: “My dear girl, there are some things that just aren’t done, such as drinking Dom Perignon ’53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s just as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs”

2) Almost Famous (2000) – William tells Stillwater that they will be on the cover of ‘Rolling Stone’ magazine, and the band’s lead singer says: “The first issue I bought had the Beatles on it. The Beatles! There were four of them, and there are four of us!”

3) Blues Brothers (1980) – Stephen Lawrence says: Who do you think we are the fu**ing Beatles or something?”

5) Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner? (1967) – Cheerful elderly priest advises his friend and congregant Spencer Tracy not to worry about his daughter entering into a hasty interracial marriage: “What was that the Beatles sang? We Can Work It Out , Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!”

6) Boyhood (2014) – Can’t recall too much about this movie, but I do remember the father jokingly compiled all the solo Beatles greatest hits into a “Black Album” during a car drive.

We do a little trolling

- Faul

28 August 2019
8.30am
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
4571sp_Permalink sp_Print

5) Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner? (1967) – Cheerful elderly priest advises his friend and congregant Spencer Tracy not to worry about his daughter entering into a hasty interracial marriage: “What was that the Beatles sang? We Can Work It Out , Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!”

6) Boyhood (2014) – Can’t recall too much about this movie, but I do remember the father jokingly compiled all the solo Beatles greatest hits into a “Black Album” during a car drive.

7) Panic Room – When Jodie Foster and her daughter are locked inside the Panic Room, the daughter hides in a corner and shouts the names of Beatles albums.

The following people thank Tony Japanese for this post:

vonbontee
28 August 2019
9.24am
CakeMaestor
Hollywood Bowl
Members
4572sp_Permalink sp_Print

7) Panic Room – When Jodie Foster and her daughter are locked inside the Panic Room, the daughter hides in a corner and shouts the names of Beatles albums.

8) Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (1978) – The entirety of it. It is heavily referenced to the Beatles but is not by or about the Beatles.

We do a little trolling

- Faul

28 August 2019
10.09am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22238
5) Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner? (1967) – Cheerful elderly priest advises his friend and congregant Spencer Tracy not to worry about his daughter entering into a hasty interracial marriage: “What was that the Beatles sang? We Can Work It Out , Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!”

7) Panic Room – When Jodie Foster and her daughter are locked inside the Panic Room, the daughter hides in a corner and shouts the names of Beatles albums.

8) Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (1978) – The entirety of it. It is heavily referenced to the Beatles but is not by or about the Beatles.

9) Minions – An Abbey_Road scene , the closing credits scroll over Got To Get You Into My Life , and the Minions do Revolution in Minionese

28 August 2019
11.47am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5446
4574sp_Permalink sp_Print

9) Minions – An Abbey_Road scene , the closing credits scroll over Got To Get You Into My Life , and the Minions do Revolution in Minionese

10) Kiss Me Stupid (1964)

Zelda Spooner I suppose you have never heard of the Beatles either.

Dino Oh sure. And I can sing better than all three of them.

Zelda Spooner There are four of them!

Dino Oh, haven’t you heard? One of them got his hair caught in his guitar and was electrocuted.

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

28 August 2019
12.49pm
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
4575sp_Permalink sp_Print

9) Minions – An Abbey_Road scene , the closing credits scroll over Got To Get You Into My Life , and the Minions do Revolution in Minionese

Dino Oh, haven’t you heard? One of them got his hair caught in his guitar and was electrocuted.

11) High Fidelity (2000) – The record store guys include the Beatles in their many discussions about vinyl.

You are all my friends.

1 September 2019
8.38am
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
4576sp_Permalink sp_Print

11) High Fidelity (2000) – The record store guys include the Beatles in their many discussions about vinyl.

12) Mr. Holland’s Opus (1995) – Mr. Holland and his deaf son Cole react to death of John Lennon .   Cole shows he can still enjoy music despite being deaf by playing Sgt. Pepper and feeling vibrations on speaker.  Later in movie Mr. Holland sings Beautiful Boy.

You are all my friends.

3 September 2019
7.37am
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
4577sp_Permalink sp_Print

12) Mr. Holland’s Opus (1995) – Mr. Holland and his deaf son Cole react to death of John Lennon .   Cole shows he can still enjoy music despite being deaf by playing Sgt. Pepper and feeling vibrations on speaker.  Later in movie Mr. Holland sings Beautiful Boy.

13) Dumb and Dumber (1994) Harry is looking at the records in a jukebox and notices it contains The Monkees, to which Lloyd replies, ‘yeah, they influenced The Beatles’

3 September 2019
7.39am
CakeMaestor
Hollywood Bowl
Members
4578sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Tony Japanese I believe it is your turn to come up with a topic.

We do a little trolling

- Faul

3 September 2019
10.01am
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
4579sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ll give you a choice (i.e. you can choose any that haven’t yet been done)

13 songs that were started/recorded during album sessions but ultimately left off that album:

13 actors who have portrayed John Lennon in film/television:

13 covers of Beatles songs that reached #1 in the UK or USA:

13 ‘mistakes’ on Beatles records:

13 times The Simpsons referenced The Beatles:

13 ‘Paul is Dead’ clues:

The following people thank Tony Japanese for this post:

vonbontee
3 September 2019
1.53pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
4580sp_Permalink sp_Print

13 Paul Is Dead Clues

1. He wears a black carnation in Magical Mystery Tour , while everyone else wears red.

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: LucyInTheSkyWithHackneyDiamonds
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22238, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694