Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles Trivia - Even Easier!
6 July 2022
5.13pm
vonbontee
Inside an Apple Orchard in a Letterbox
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5021
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Shamrock Womlbs said
In 1967, for a brief period, George had to play on the streets (see picture below) to earn some extra money… What took him to that situation?

things-you-didnt-know-about-george-harrison-0b6b0c8b-8c7e-495d-b7b3-2a3e7e0e4083.jpgImage Enlarger

George had sunk 750,000 pounds into an ill-fated creative business venture, partnering with Magic Alex to create a 72-string, eight-channel amplified sitar, with built in tape-looping delay system, fully adjustable rhythm generator, various triggerable distorting effects, and a multitude of built-in Mellotron-style timbres that could simulate all manner of other instruments, as well as a large number of bird calls and animal noises. The instrument was to have been self-powered by a revolutionary onboard system Alex had conceived, whereby ambient human negativity would be transformed into natural electricity. Unfortunately, however, 1967’s universal good-vibes mood among the general public couldn’t generate enough of the necessary negative energy for the prototype instrument to ever function properly.

Why did Ringo refuse to contribute harmonies to “Because “?

The following people thank vonbontee for this post:

Beatlebug, Shamrock Womlbs

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

funniestpost-5.pngofftopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

6 July 2022
6.47pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24658
7582sp_Permalink sp_Print

He felt Harmony should do it herself as he could lie in bed and discuss philosophy with Yoko.

Who was Sexy Sadie and why was a song written, recorded and released by The Beatles on their self-titled 1968 album ‘The White Album ‘?

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

10 July 2022
10.00pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 17746
7583sp_Permalink sp_Print

This guitar, of course

sadie722.jpegImage Enlarger

After George brought in “While My Guitar Gently Weeps “, John was also inspired to write a song about a guitar, but instead of the sadness of George’s theme, he chose an ode to the delicious beauty of the Fender Stratocaster.

Fill in the blank: I’ll ___ Instead

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Von Bontee

It verges from the sublime to the ridiculote
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
ScotsIrishFlag-1.jpeg avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.png Vietnam Heritage and Freedom Flag
StarSpangledBanner.png

10 July 2022
10.34pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5020

“I’ll Sit Right Down And Cry All Over My Own Damn Face”, an informal name the boys gave for the extended – often to 10 minutes – instrumental workout based on the chord pattern to their 1962 showstopping Elvis cover

Hamburg/Liverpool audiences were allegedly in awe of this occasional set closer, sadly never recorded because the tape ran out, for a drink.

How, exactly were Martins George, and Sweet Loretta, related?

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!"
-- Paul McCartney

Winner-Funniest-Post-and-Most-Creative-Contribution-2017-1.pngfunniest-post-badge2018.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Ahhh Girl, Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16104
Ron Nasty: 12128
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8743
Necko: 7975
AppleScruffJunior: 7555
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6403
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2764
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5140
Newest Members:
robiieeee, rgraber131313, nowhereman909, neil909, neil_909
Moderators: Joe: 5271, meanmistermustard: 24658, Ahhh Girl: 20899, Beatlebug: 17746, The Hole Got Fixed: 8403
Administrators: Joe: 5271