Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles Trivia – Even Easier!
9 April 2022
11.02am
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
7561sp_Permalink sp_Print

Monkberry Moon Delight said

An even easier one: Which instrument did Brian Epstein play in the band?

His primary instrument was the amplified Fender briefcase, except for the lone time he joined George Martin in a harmonized dual Wah-Wah electric necktie solo, recorded on a loop of tape and played backwards and upside-down at triple speed intermittently throughout “Tomorrow Never Nose”.

Why did Ringo quit the band for two weeks in September 1968?

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

meaigs

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

9 April 2022
11.19am
meaigs
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 717
7562sp_Permalink sp_Print

Von Bontee said 

Why did Ringo quit the band for two weeks in September 1968?

He was invited to play Butlins with Rory Storm. George convinced him that the Beatles would play Pontins the next summer if he would come back.

What was the worst thing about touring, according to George?

My hot take is that after the Beatles split they went down the paths of spiritualism, solipsism, alcoholism, and Paul McCartney

-- Jason Carty, Nothing is Real podcast

11 April 2022
6.17pm
meaigs
Hollywood Bowl
Members
7563sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m starting to feel like a jinx on this game. Every time I post to it, it drops off the “most recent threads” list paul-mccartney

The following people thank meaigs for this post:

Von Bontee

My hot take is that after the Beatles split they went down the paths of spiritualism, solipsism, alcoholism, and Paul McCartney

13 April 2022
3.06pm
Shamrock Womlbs
Waiting for the van to come
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3971
7564sp_Permalink sp_Print

meaigs said  What was the worst thing about touring, according to George? 

That they had to play for nobody. They couldn’t believe it since they sold thousands of records all around the world but when it came to their live shows there was nobody in the audience. So they played in empty stadiums and theaters.

What happened to Bongo, Ringo’s replacement in their ’65 two days tour, after Ringo joined the boys again?

The following people thank Shamrock Womlbs for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

"I Need You by George Harrison"

15 April 2022
10.21am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5445
7565sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bongo was fired from the band due to overuse of the cowbell. john-lennon-salute_gif

Why was “Cold Turkey “/”What’s The New Mary Jane ” ruled out as a Beatles single?

The following people thank vonbontee for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Shamrock Womlbs

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

20 May 2022
4.29am
Monkberry Moon Delight
On the run with the band
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 387
7566sp_Permalink sp_Print

vonbontee said
Why was “Cold Turkey “/”What’s The New Mary Jane ” ruled out as a Beatles single? 

When the documents were sent to Apple, they accidentally ended up in the cafeteria instead of the music departement. The cooks, who were preparing a thanksgiving dinner for the visit of US record executives from Capitol records, thought that serving the turkey cold and with marijuana as a side dish, was a stupid idea and used their veto (to create a more democratic work environment, every employee at Apple was given a yearly veto usable for any decision in the corporation of their choosing, but Paul secretly encouraged the staff to save their vetos for impeding Yoko Ono feature appearances).

What’s Pauls strategy to avoid lurking fan girls when he’s leaving his home?

The following people thank Monkberry Moon Delight for this post:

vonbontee, Rube

Queen says no to pot-smoking FBI members.

22 May 2022
10.52am
meaigs
Hollywood Bowl
Members
7567sp_Permalink sp_Print

Monkberry Moon Delight said

What’s Pauls strategy to avoid lurking fan girls when he’s leaving his home?

He had a tunnel dug connecting all his homes, Abbey Road studios, and Junior’s Farm. He has a lookalike emerge from the entrance of each at the exact moment that he emerges from one of them (picked at random). Unfortunately he insists on wearing an original 1960s Beatles wig, so the girls can always tell which one is the real Paul.

What did Jimmy Nicol do at Pete Best’s 50th birthday party?

The following people thank meaigs for this post:

Monkberry Moon Delight, Rube, Von Bontee

22 May 2022
4.43pm
Monkberry Moon Delight
On the run with the band
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 387
7568sp_Permalink sp_Print

meaigs said
What did Jimmy Nicol do at Pete Best’s 50th birthday party?

Jimmie (drums) and Pete (drums) founded a band with Stuart Sutcliffe (bass), Norman Chapman (drums), Tommy Moore (drums), Colin Hanton (drums) and Chas Newby (bass). The ‘Birthdeatles’ was seminal in pioneering the drum’n’bass-genre. But they figured they had too many drummers and Pete got thrown out once again.

When and where did Paul marry Jane Asher?

The following people thank Monkberry Moon Delight for this post:

meaigs, vonbontee, Rube

Queen says no to pot-smoking FBI members.

23 May 2022
10.29am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
7569sp_Permalink sp_Print

When: 18 April 1963

Where: in his dreams

That dream didn’t last very long. mccartney-shrug_01_gif

George is to John as Ringo is to _______________________.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Rube
23 May 2022
11.08am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
7570sp_Permalink sp_Print

George is to John as Ringo is to Paul as Linda is to Yoko as Pattie is to Mo as Neil is to Mal as Stu is to Pete as Billy is to George and we are all together.

Why did the Beatles ultimately decide against taking the London Symphony Orchestra up to the Apple rooftop to accompany Billy and themselves?

meaigs, Ahhh Girl, Rube

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

10 June 2022
4.04pm
Shamrock Womlbs
Rishikesh
Members
7571sp_Permalink sp_Print

They thought taking up the best Liverpudlian tea break music quartet would be enough.

What incident made Henry the Horse leave the Get Back sessions?

Von Bontee, Rube

10 June 2022
5.05pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
7572sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yoko ate his oat & barley biscuits.

What were three of the Things We Said Today that we will remember someday when we are dreaming with not a lot to say?

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Von Bontee, meaigs, Shamrock Womlbs, Rube
12 June 2022
9.53am
Shamrock Womlbs
Rishikesh
Members
7573sp_Permalink sp_Print

1 – Nothing

2 – is

3 – real

What did Faul, Paul’s replacement, do after knowing that Paul was not really dead and , in fact, was making and recording music with the other 3 members of The Bottles?

12 June 2022
3.47pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24963
7574sp_Permalink sp_Print

Put in an advance order for the record in his furthest away music shop to not hear the results whilst claiming he played the knives, forks, spoons and spatula on the record. 

Why is Paul firing a gun in the track ‘Oh Woman ! Oh Why’?

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Rube, vonbontee

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 June 2022
10.51am
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456
7575sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul was trying to shoot off the legs of his rival – namely Faul, who’d been lurking around the studio provoking the pistol-wielding Paul, in hopes of getting shot and thereby generating his own “Faul is dead” rumours.

Why didn’t John play any harmonica during the “Revolver ” sessions?

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

Ahhh Girl

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

18 June 2022
4.06am
Shamrock Womlbs
Rishikesh
Members
7576sp_Permalink sp_Print

He did but, you know, they made guitars sound like pianos, pianos sound like guitars and harmonicas sound like tubas.And you know that they made tubas sound like violins so whenever you hear a violin it is indeed  an harmonica sounding like a tuba that sounds like a violin.

During the Get Back sessions we could see Yoko painting japanese letters. What message did those letters form?

Ahhh Girl

18 June 2022
4.17am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Three messages.

‘One down, three to go’

”JJJJJJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where’s the marmalade for my toast?”

“Oh God ! Another run thru of ‘The Long And Winding Road ‘!!! I’m sorry for all I have done to harm others and I promise I’ll do better if you let it end. Help Me!”

Next question

It is believed that if you play the “number 9, number 9, number 9′ sections of ”Revolution #9′ backwards you hear a hidden instruction. What is it?

vonbontee, Ahhh Girl, Shamrock Womlbs

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

18 June 2022
9.23am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
7578sp_Permalink sp_Print

“Oi, yer record player’s malfunctioning there, mate; you should get that mended.”

It is believed that if you play the opening of “I Saw Her Standing There ” backwards, you’ll hear Paul counting down from four to one. What is the hidden significance behind this?

Ahhh Girl, Shamrock Womlbs

offtopic-1.png

22 June 2022
6.38pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
7579sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul was starting the last game of Hide and Seek before the group had to give up playing to be professional musicians. During the 1964 World Tour George slipped into denial over Ringo’s absence due to tonsillitis and became convinced Ringo was hiding so spent the entire time searching for him, even on stage during live performances. This was the source of inspiration for Monty Python’s ‘Albatross’ sketch.

What was the official reason the Beatles gave for ‘A Collection Of Oldies But Goldies’ becoming the first Beatles album not to reach #1 in the UK album chart? 

Von Bontee, Ahhh Girl, Rube

6 July 2022
3.35pm
Shamrock Womlbs
Rishikesh
Members

The reason the Beatles gave was “we are not really sure why and, honestly, we couldn’t care less”. The real reason was that the person in charge of updating the charts was on vacation and had no backup so… mccartney-shrug_01_gif

In 1967, for a brief period, George had to play on the streets (see picture below) to earn some extra money… What took him to that situation?

things-you-didnt-know-about-george-harrison-0b6b0c8b-8c7e-495d-b7b3-2a3e7e0e4083.jpgImage Enlarger

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24963, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694