Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles Trivia – Even Easier!
8 March 2022
1.46am
Monkberry Moon Delight
On the run with the band
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 387
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
7541sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Which Beatle took longest to try LSD and why?

Paul is very loyal, sometimes too much for his own good. He was the last to marry because he felt committed to Jane Asher, having written a song about her. And he was the last to take a trip because he felt committed to marijuana, having written a song about it. When he finally broke up with them, the news “Cute people dumps Jane and Mary Jane at the same time” made big headlines, and shortly afterwards, LSD Paul could already be sighted riding on colourful rainbows along the other Beatles and Linda.

What was George Martins one stipulation for working with the Beatles?

The following people thank Monkberry Moon Delight for this post:

Ahhh Girl, meaigs

Queen says no to pot-smoking FBI members.

8 March 2022
8.54am
Shamrock Womlbs
Waiting for the van to come
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3968
7542sp_Permalink sp_Print

That they’d have to pay his bills from that moment on.

What song did George Martin suggest to release as their debut single? was it finally released? Why or why not?

"I Need You by George Harrison"

8 March 2022
9.24am
meaigs
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 717
7543sp_Permalink sp_Print

The song was “Wenn ist das nun Stück gitt (geht) und Schlottermeyer?“. It was originally considered because of the Beatles’ familiarity with German, but was eventually rejected because it was considered too dangerous. The song was later discussed by renowned British documentarians, Monty Python.

How did Hunter Davies get the gig to write the authorised biography?

The following people thank meaigs for this post:

Von Bontee, Shamrock Womlbs

My hot take is that after the Beatles split they went down the paths of spiritualism, solipsism, alcoholism, and Paul McCartney

-- Jason Carty, Nothing is Real podcast

10 March 2022
3.22pm
Monkberry Moon Delight
On the run with the band
Paris Olympia
Members
7544sp_Permalink sp_Print

meaigs said

How did Hunter Davies get the gig to write the authorised biography?

He provided Paul with a song idea. As we all know, Paul loves song ideas that come from dreams, so Hunter Davies let him have a peek into his dream diary for inspiration. And because Hunter Davies has been dreaming up some messed-up stuff, Maxwell’s Silver Hammer was created.

How did John Lennon and Yoko Ono first meet?

meaigs

12 March 2022
12.15am
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5448

They met when John imagined that he attended one of her performance-art happenings, and offered her an imaginary five shillings for an imaginary pair of scissors, to snip off an imaginary piece of her brassiere. This historic meeting was filmed, with John unmistakably present and visible (if we imagine him):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=…..-P-x97bwrI

What did John imagine himself saying to Yoko immediately after the imaginary snipping?

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

12 March 2022
3.05pm
Tony Japanese
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 913
7546sp_Permalink sp_Print

John imagined himself saying, “Imagine if we’d never met, Yoko. Imagine what our lives would be like if we’d never fallen in love. Now where is that 5 shillings I gave to you?”

Which famous musician was lined up to replace George Harrison after he walked out of the Get Back sessions? 

The following people thank Tony Japanese for this post:

vonbontee
14 March 2022
7.16am
Monkberry Moon Delight
On the run with the band
Paris Olympia
Members
7547sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tony Japanese said
Which famous musician was lined up to replace George Harrison after he walked out of the Get Back sessions? 

Ravi Shankar, but mostly as bait to lure George back. They all knew that if they got Ravi, George would eventually show up in his proximity.

Name three Beatles songs that are referred to in the lyrics of Glass Onion .

Ahhh Girl

14 March 2022
11.23am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

Monkberry Moon Delight said

Tony Japanese said

Ravi Shankar, but mostly as bait to lure George back. They all knew that if they got Ravi, George would eventually show up in his proximity.

Name three Beatles songs that are referred to in the lyrics of Glass Onion .

Every song on the ‘Yesterday and Today’ album (John was quoted in 1980 as saying “That came from Yoko and was a bit of fun that all those fans who read into the lyrics never got.”). 

Love You To ‘ – “You know we’re as close as can be, man” – John’s reference to his alleged romance with Paul.

“Well here’s another place you can be” – ‘There’s A Place ‘ – John was never good at remembering Beatles song titles and he wasn’t wearing his glasses when he was singing the lyrics so got it wrong. This was corrected on the 2018 Giles Martin remix when an impersonator sang over the line and everyone hoped no one noticed. No one bothered listening instead but check it out. If you cannot tell then you’ve been deluded. 

Why is Paul not on the ‘Revolver ‘ track, ‘She Said, She Said’?

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Ahhh Girl, vonbontee

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

15 March 2022
4.35am
Monkberry Moon Delight
On the run with the band
Paris Olympia
Members
7549sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said 

Why is Paul not on the ‘Revolver ‘ track, ‘She Said, She Said’?

He insisted rigidly that ‘she’ said absolutely nothing, having had an argument with Jane Asher the day before that ended with them both sulking silently.

Why was John not on the SPLHCB track Within You Without You ?

Ahhh Girl

15 March 2022
8.39am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444
7550sp_Permalink sp_Print

George announced the song’s title after previewing it for the other three, and he happened to look directly at John while saying the “…Without You” part; John, misunderstanding, nodded and immediately left.

Why is Ringo not on the White Album track “Blackbird “?

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

23 March 2022
8.58am
Monkberry Moon Delight
On the run with the band
Paris Olympia
Members
7551sp_Permalink sp_Print

vonbontee said
Why is Ringo not on the White Album track “Blackbird “?

He said he didn’t believe in Blackbirds, having never actually seen one. And the friendly cook on his Sardinia vacation didn’t say anything about some damn Blackbird either, he just mentioned Octopuses. Paul shrugged it off as Ringo probably going through a phase or just being totally stoned on a cocktail of baked beans and magic mushrooms, and decided to record the track without him.

Why is George not on the With The Beatles track “Don’t Bother Me “?

Ahhh Girl, Von Bontee

23 March 2022
4.25pm
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members

He couldn’t be bothered.

Why is John not on the Abbey Road track “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer ?”

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

Ahhh Girl

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

23 March 2022
6.04pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Von Bontee said
He couldn’t be bothered.

Why is John not on the Abbey Road track “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer ?”

He was in hiding due to his belief that all songs were to be taken literally as they were pieces of real life and there really was a mad killer running around bopping people on the head (after all he did find a hammer in the recording studio).

How did his fellow Beatles entice him back to recording music?

Ahhh Girl

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

24 March 2022
4.52am
Monkberry Moon Delight
On the run with the band
Paris Olympia
Members
7554sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

How did his fellow Beatles entice him back to recording music?

They assured Lennon that if all the Beatles songs up to that point are real life, then Lennon himself is a loser, stood up by his girl, wanted by the authorities for burning down a wood cabin, sitting alone in a tree, his eye picked by an eagle and his bone licked by a worm, literally a walrus and nothing is real anyway. Some random serial killer would be the last of his problems.

What’s the worst illness poor Ringo had as a child and how did he get well?

Ahhh Girl, meanmistermustard

24 March 2022
5.04am
meaigs
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 717
7555sp_Permalink sp_Print

The dreaded lurgy. He recovered by listening to the goon show. Laughter is, after all, the best medicine.

Who is the biggest inspiration for Paul’s bass playing?

My hot take is that after the Beatles split they went down the paths of spiritualism, solipsism, alcoholism, and Paul McCartney

-- Jason Carty, Nothing is Real podcast

6 April 2022
10.56am
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members

That would be Stu Sutcliffe stuart-sutcliffe, whose ineptitude on the instrument inspired Paul to try to do better. It took him little time to overtake Stu’s abilities once he decided not to follow his example of using a paintbrush as a plectrum.

Why did Paul cut the couplet “You say ‘suck’ / And I say ‘blow, blow, blow’ ” from “Hello, Goodbye “?

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

meaigs, Ahhh Girl

7 April 2022
6.05am
Monkberry Moon Delight
On the run with the band
Paris Olympia
Members
7557sp_Permalink sp_Print

Von Bontee said

Why did Paul cut the couplet “You say ‘suck’ / And I say ‘blow, blow, blow’ ” from “Hello, Goodbye “?

Relationship problems with Jane Asher and thus a luck of both those things during his current life period.

What’s the only Bottles song featuring a John Lennon drum solo?

7 April 2022
4.46pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
7558sp_Permalink sp_Print

Flying ‘ – but it got cut out of the final mix when Ringo wanted to sing “la, la, la…” due to not getting his contractual one vocal per release number. It proved insufficient and this omission resulted in the John, Paul and George running off to India. Unfortunately he found them.

What was the first song Lennon/McCartney gave away and who did they give it to to record?

vonbontee

9 April 2022
1.33am
Shamrock Womlbs
Waiting for the van to come
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3968
7559sp_Permalink sp_Print

The song was “Yes?” and they give it to George Martin so he could use it as the automatic message in his answering machine.

Based on which Bottles movie a famous toy company designed one of their toys?

"I Need You by George Harrison"

9 April 2022
4.12am
Monkberry Moon Delight
On the run with the band
Paris Olympia
Members

Shamrock Womlbs said
Based on which Bottles movie a famous toy company designed one of their toys?

A Hard Day’s Night . A previous generation of children had grown up with their Day’s Night toys being of the standard making, which was usually very soft. Unlike other classic children toys, the Day’s Night hadn’t really developped since the 1930s. In 1964, the day of the film premiere, the new HARD Day’s Night hit the stores, which was a huge success, and everybody knew the advertising slogan “The new Day’s Night – Hard like a working dog, hard like a sleeping log! Get yours today”. Other than its new hard form, the toy also came in four different Beatles-related models, with the Ringo edition being sold out on a regular basis. Children from the ages of 3-33 love to play with it to this date, even though still nobody knows, what a Day’s Night, whether soft or hard, exactly is.

An even easier one: Which instrument did Brian Epstein play in the band?

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: kelicopter
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691