Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles Biscuit Kinda Mafia! Night
11 January 2020
7.30am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2201sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am with these rules in place. And I knew Kaniffee was Yoko! If we got one more vote, we could of nailed them. 

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

11 January 2020
12.06pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
2202sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t know. I don’t like the sound of the mandatory lynches. The only problem is the lack of people voting and having mandatory lynches is not going to fix that. Let me know what rules you’re going with and I’ll see if I want to play.

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

11 January 2020
12.45pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
2203sp_Permalink sp_Print

when you’re just peacefully browsing the forum and all of a sudden you stumble onto the phrase ‘mandatory lynches’ a-hard-days-night-paul-4

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

11 January 2020
1.42pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2204sp_Permalink sp_Print

mandatory get eaten by George then

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

11 January 2020
1.44pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
2205sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve been quietly stalking this thread, trying to figure out how the game works and I think I’ve got the gist.

I’m up for a game if others are a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

11 January 2020
6.55pm
Tangerine
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1276
2206sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was actually the John, but i guess you could say I was the mastermind behind it.

There were so many times where I was so frustrated I wanted to just give up and reveal myself because this game was so unbalanced by virtue of no one actually saying anything.  This is such a hollow victory because we barely had to do anything.  When no one talks the game state doesn’t advance, which means the easiest way to win the game as scum is by night killing the few people who actually do talk.

@50yearslate your strategy is bad.  Not lynching on day 1 no matter what is just a bad strategy.  Day 1 lynches don’t have to be random, but it requires significant discussion to happen, and no one’s going to be all that invested in the discussion if there isn’t even a chance of a lynch.  It made it that much easier to pinpoint that you were a likely power biscuit specifically because the only other person legitimately saying anything was Starr Shine?, who’s way more experienced and harder to read.  Town would have been better off starting with night because then I probably wouldn’t have NKed you specfically.

50yearslate said
Whahdjsnfi? That is a very confusing and run-on sentence. Yes, I changed my vote so each person would have one vote and we wouldn’t be lynching a random person in the first round. If I’m the high energy or the cracknel you’ll really regret voting me out. I’ve said it before and I will say it again: voting someone out during the first round is a BAD IDEA.

Saying stuff like this is like generally a bad idea because it gives too much away.  The scum already knows who is and isn’t scum, the biggest thing they’re on the lookout for is behavior that indicates who might be a power biscuit so they can NK them.  Invoking this in your statement instantly raised you to the top power biscuit candidate by virtue of no one else talking. Starr Shine? was gonna be the default NK because she was the most experienced non scum player, but because of this one statement, I thought there was a good enough chance of you being a power biscuit, and I was right.

50yearslate said
^ and THAT, my friends, is why you were RIGHT not to listen to Starr Shine and throw me out!

*sigh* and of course I’m eaten the *one* time I have actual powers… ah well it was fun while it lasted

I need the point to be made that this is the exact wrong conclusion to come to about the no lynch and NK.  Lynching someone, and the discussion that would have come from it would have been very illuminating, regardless of if the person lynched was scum.  How people voted and why is the main things people will talk about late game to figure out who the scum are.  Lynching you specifically wouldn’t be good for town, but the fact that people voted out who ended up being a power biscuit would at the very least generate more discussion than being NKed does.  Analyzing the NK is only useful to the point that it can actually suggest something that leads to the people behind it.  When scum NKs a power biscuit everyone knows it’s because they’re a power biscuit so it doesn’t necessarily reflect on a specific person strategy wise.  You getting lynched would have been more informative to the rest of the town than getting NKed which is why not lynching at all is bad for town.  

I saw that I was at L-1 several hours before night and I realized my chances were better if I just said nothing and left the thread unupdated, then if i tried to fake defend myself, so that’s what I did.  I could have easily been lynched but I benefitted from town’s inactivity.  This last day I wonder if people never actually saw the thread because of how long night lasted, but like.  Realistically what you do when you have a confirmed town die with a scumread on someone, especially someone as experienced as starr shine?, is you analyze their read and why they had it, and usually follow their example.  

Who was the cracknel by the way? Did they ever investigate or anything?

11 January 2020
7.57pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2207sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yah, I was kinda disapointed that nothing came out of my scum read on you. No one on the wagon kept up with it. 

11 January 2020
8.22pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
2208sp_Permalink sp_Print

Kaniffee said
I was actually the John, but i guess you could say I was the mastermind behind it.

There were so many times where I was so frustrated I wanted to just give up and reveal myself because this game was so unbalanced by virtue of no one actually saying anything.  This is such a hollow victory because we barely had to do anything.  When no one talks the game state doesn’t advance, which means the easiest way to win the game as scum is by night killing the few people who actually do talk.

@50yearslate your strategy is bad.  Not lynching on day 1 no matter what is just a bad strategy.  Day 1 lynches don’t have to be random, but it requires significant discussion to happen, and no one’s going to be all that invested in the discussion if there isn’t even a chance of a lynch.  It made it that much easier to pinpoint that you were a likely power biscuit specifically because the only other person legitimately saying anything was Starr Shine?, who’s way more experienced and harder to read.  Town would have been better off starting with night because then I probably wouldn’t have NKed you specfically.

50yearslate said

Whahdjsnfi? That is a very confusing and run-on sentence. Yes, I changed my vote so each person would have one vote and we wouldn’t be lynching a random person in the first round. If I’m the high energy or the cracknel you’ll really regret voting me out. I’ve said it before and I will say it again: voting someone out during the first round is a BAD IDEA.

Saying stuff like this is like generally a bad idea because it gives too much away.  The scum already knows who is and isn’t scum, the biggest thing they’re on the lookout for is behavior that indicates who might be a power biscuit so they can NK them.  Invoking this in your statement instantly raised you to the top power biscuit candidate by virtue of no one else talking. Starr Shine? was gonna be the default NK because she was the most experienced non scum player, but because of this one statement, I thought there was a good enough chance of you being a power biscuit, and I was right.

50yearslate said

^ and THAT, my friends, is why you were RIGHT not to listen to Starr Shine and throw me out!

*sigh* and of course I’m eaten the *one* time I have actual powers… ah well it was fun while it lasted

I need the point to be made that this is the exact wrong conclusion to come to about the no lynch and NK.  Lynching someone, and the discussion that would have come from it would have been very illuminating, regardless of if the person lynched was scum.  How people voted and why is the main things people will talk about late game to figure out who the scum are.  Lynching you specifically wouldn’t be good for town, but the fact that people voted out who ended up being a power biscuit would at the very least generate more discussion than being NKed does.  Analyzing the NK is only useful to the point that it can actually suggest something that leads to the people behind it.  When scum NKs a power biscuit everyone knows it’s because they’re a power biscuit so it doesn’t necessarily reflect on a specific person strategy wise.  You getting lynched would have been more informative to the rest of the town than getting NKed which is why not lynching at all is bad for town.  

I saw that I was at L-1 several hours before night and I realized my chances were better if I just said nothing and left the thread unupdated, then if i tried to fake defend myself, so that’s what I did.  I could have easily been lynched but I benefitted from town’s inactivity.  This last day I wonder if people never actually saw the thread because of how long night lasted, but like.  Realistically what you do when you have a confirmed town die with a scumread on someone, especially someone as experienced as starr shine?, is you analyze their read and why they had it, and usually follow their example.  

Who was the cracknel by the way? Did they ever investigate or anything?

JW OBoogie

Who asked about 50yearslate and ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl (and got biscuit on both, of course)

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

12 January 2020
10.51pm
Tangerine
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1276
2209sp_Permalink sp_Print

thought of alternative to a strictly mandatory lynch.  There has to be a majority vote specifically for no lynch in order to not lynch anyone, but otherwise a random or plurality lynch will happen.

13 January 2020
8.11am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2210sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am ok with that amendment 

13 January 2020
9.52am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
2211sp_Permalink sp_Print

How about if there’s only a mandatory lynch for the first round?

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

13 January 2020
10.39am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2212sp_Permalink sp_Print

The last game, that was for every round where no one really voted. I feel that we need at least one full mandatory game to test it out. If that is successful, we can dial it back for future games until the point where we don’t need any mandatory lynches.

13 January 2020
11.48am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
2213sp_Permalink sp_Print

Or we could try it with just the mandatory lynch in the first round and if it’s still not enough we can add more. 

I think the real problem is that people just aren’t active. If we could find a way to fix that…

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

13 January 2020
5.59pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
2214sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think mandatory lynches with Kaniffee’s amendment makes sense, for all rounds – even just for the next game. It would encourage people to be more active in the game, as otherwise there’s a chance they could be the biscuit randomly lynched if there isn’t a plurality vote – and no one wants that.

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

13 January 2020
7.37pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
2215sp_Permalink sp_Print

I mean, if they’re not active, there’s a decent chance they won’t actually care…

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

8 July 2020
4.30pm
vonflare
The Star-Club
Members
Forum Posts: 74
2216sp_Permalink sp_Print

is anyone interested in another game of this? I’ll host.

8 July 2020
4.30pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2217sp_Permalink sp_Print

/in

8 July 2020
5.07pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
2218sp_Permalink sp_Print

/in

aus-flag-v-small.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Magill
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24960, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694