Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles Biscuit Kinda Mafia! Night
6 December 2019
11.25pm
Tangerine
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1276
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2121sp_Permalink sp_Print

ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl said
Vote: Kaniffee

I guess??

(I have no idea if I’m doing this right)

At least if you do what everyone else does we’re all wrong together paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

The following people thank Tangerine for this post:

50yearslate
7 December 2019
5.56am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
2122sp_Permalink sp_Print

Votals:

Kaniffee (2) – 50yearslate, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl

QuarryMan (1) – JW OBoogie

JW OBoogie (1) – QuarryMan

50yearslate (1) – Kaniffee

Starr Shine? (1) – TheWalrusWasBrian

Hasn’t voted yet – Starr Shine?

There are seven biscuits left. 

4 votes to send someone to George

Voting ends December 10th

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

7 December 2019
6.38am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2123sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said

JW OBoogie said

Did I do this right?

You did it right, yes. paul-mccartney-thumb_gifYou should* include some sort of thought process behind your vote so people don’t think you’re Yoko or John, otherwise other people will try to lynch you because you made a vote with no evidence. Yes it’s happened before.

Butmccartney-shrug_01_gifI prattle on too much…

*should meaning it isn’t compulsory so don’t worry too much

Votals:

Hasn’t voted yet – Starr Shine?, 50yearslate, Kaniffee, QuarryMan, TheWalrusWasBrian, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl

Mr mod, lets not comment on specific player action. But regardless, that is sorta correct. Though at this stage of the game, Random votes make sense until we find a sus random vote than we can build upon that.

And 50yearslate, the game’s been active for only two days out of seven for day one. Going nowhere fast is a bit of a mischaracter isn’t it?

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

7 December 2019
9.16am
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
2124sp_Permalink sp_Print

How so? If we all vote for different people, no one gets lynched and no one goes to Yoko the first night, so that’s not out of character at all. And I think if Holey wants to give basic instructions to a new player I don’t see anything wrong with that personally.

Change vote: ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl

a-hard-days-night-george-10

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

7 December 2019
9.21am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2125sp_Permalink sp_Print

The mod shouldn’t interfere with the game. Since the mod knows everyone’s roles, they can bias the game for one faction or the other. That is more the job for the players than the mod to provide help.

And we start with random votes, then people can apply pressure to others by adding on to votes and we create discussion based on reactions.

And it’s funny that the mod says to give reason for voting yet you don’t give any reason for your vote.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

7 December 2019
3.56pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
2126sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said
The mod shouldn’t interfere with the game. Since the mod knows everyone’s roles, they can bias the game for one faction or the other. That is more the job for the players than the mod to provide help.

I would have thought by definition of the word ‘mod(erator) it would mean it would be a duty of mine to provide help to a new player. 

Semantics aside,

Votals:

Kaniffee (1) – ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl

ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl (1) – 50yearslate

Starr Shine? said 

And it’s funny that the mod says to give reason for voting yet you don’t give any reason for your vote.

Bad Fiddy…a-hard-days-night-george-10

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

7 December 2019
7.11pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
2127sp_Permalink sp_Print

Two things.

1. I don’t think Holey was interfering with the game, I think he was just reiterating a rule for a new player. But whatever.

2. But I did, SS, didn’t you read the text block? I was evening out the vote… perhaps read more carefully next time before criticizing me

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

8 December 2019
9.29am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2128sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
How so? If we all vote for different people, no one gets lynched and no one goes to Yoko the first night, so that’s not out of character at all. And I think if Holey wants to give basic instructions to a new player I don’t see anything wrong with that personally.

Change vote: ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl

a-hard-days-night-george-10

So you voted someone else because someone was voting for the person you were voting for to release pressure on someone who has yet to respond to said pressure or question the person who has doubled up on to the wagon you made.

This move feels like a Yoko who is trying to get back to RVS and not progress the game state. 

Vote 50yearslate

Note that if anyone joins this wagon, let people know that there are three votes on 50yearslate. I recommend waiting for a responce before committing votes one way or the other.

And a mod can provide basic mechanic help like how to vote but not stratagy since that will influince the game. It is up to the players to provide stratagy help to other players so the mod remains neutral. And side note, mod, please don’t thank posts till the game ends. That is another way that can show factional bias. To sum up, mods are neutral observers, not active players.

8 December 2019
1.09pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
2129sp_Permalink sp_Print

Whahdjsnfi? That is a very confusing and run-on sentence. Yes, I changed my vote so each person would have one vote and we wouldn’t be lynching a random person in the first round. If I’m the high energy or the cracknel you’ll really regret voting me out. I’ve said it before and I will say it again: voting someone out during the first round is a BAD IDEA.

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

8 December 2019
3.54pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2130sp_Permalink sp_Print

That is a bad idea though, voting someone out day one is a good idea. It gets rid of yoko like players so we don’t waste time debating them on day two. 

All you do by not removing anyone is giving Yoko a free shot and if she gets the cracknel, oops we’re one down with sus players and nothing to show for it.

Biscuits should always vote someone out day one and to not do so is Pro-Yoko. No matter how many games we play, this is not a good move.

They stop being random when you look at reactions to votes/behavior and right now, my vote isn’t random. 

8 December 2019
4.39pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
2131sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said
And a mod can provide basic mechanic help like how to vote but not stratagy since that will influince the game. It is up to the players to provide stratagy help to other players so the mod remains neutral.

I was providing basic help with how to vote? I was saying to give reasons… it helps aid gameflow, as I was reiterating a point just with a different angle for a new player.

The Hole Got Fixed said
Okey dokey, let’s get started! The various roles have been has been chosen using a randomiser so now it is time to vote for who you think is johnandyoko. If you did not just receive a PM, you are a plain digestive biscuit. If you did receive a PM, a confirmation PM back to me would be appreciated!

There are seven Biscuits left.

Four votes to vote them out of the biscuit tin.

The voting period ends on December 10th at the latest.

50yearslate 

annadog40 

thatweirdbeatlesgirl 

kaniffee 

mistylovesbagels 

quarryman 

jw-oboogie 

Voting starts now

To vote put “Vote: Username”

To change your vote put “Change vote to: Username”

To aid the gameflow, it is preferable you give a reason why you are voting for that person.

Voting is not required but beware since if you don’t vote someone out, then the johnandyoko has a free night to eat!

Notes: You are not allowed to show your PM box as evidence, and please don’t reveal your role to anyone, especially not in this thread. Feel free to PM me with any questions!

Votals:

Hasn’t voted yet – Starr Shine?, 50yearslate, Kaniffee, JW OBoogie, QuarryMan, TheWalrusWasBrian, ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl

And side note, mod, please don’t thank posts till the game ends. That is another way that can show factional bias. To sum up, mods are neutral observers, not active players.

That was simply me being lazy and thanking it to say that yes, Fiddy’s point about me was correct, at least in my mind:

50yearslate said

1. I don’t think Holey was interfering with the game, I think he was just reiterating a rule for a new player. But whatever.

I think it’s time for us to just move on.

Votals:

aus-flag-v-small.png

8 December 2019
5.58pm
Tangerine
Candlestick Park
Members
2132sp_Permalink sp_Print

@The Hole Got Fixed starr shine voted for 50yearslate. She just forgot the colon.

Lynching is actually really important, and even though it’s not always the best move in any individual round, the way of avoiding lynching by avoiding any advancement of the game only leaves the biscuits at the mercy of john and yoko.  Instead of having some control over the kill by lynching, the night kill is left to john and yoko exclusively, and they’ll make the kill that is the most likely to help them.  I’m not saying lynching on day 1 is always right but that’s a decision that should be made after actually significant discussion has happened.  

Even if we decide not to lynch at least by discussing signficantly day 1 we can actually learn from what people said in the aftermath of the night kill day 2.  If nothing is done to advance beyond random voting day 1 then we might as well be playing a 6 player game.

The following people thank Tangerine for this post:

QuarryMan
8 December 2019
9.37pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
2133sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cheers Kaniffee, I saw the vote and meant to update the tally but forgot… paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

Votals:

50yearslate (2) – Kaniffee, Starr Shine?

Hasn’t voted yet – 

aus-flag-v-small.png

9 December 2019
2.15pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
2134sp_Permalink sp_Print

WAIT WHAT NO did my post not go through?!?!????!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH that is REALLY irritating.

Ok.

i am NOT typing out my explanation again, I’ve already explained the logic behind my strategy in *countless* posts in this thread. I am not going to do it again. 

Also, SS, wth is a “Yoko-like person?” I prefer using logic over wishy-washy assumptions or interpretations of someone’s posts, thanks, and I’m not willing to risk throwing out the High Energy or the Cracknel because if we lose them now we’re screwed for the entire game.

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

9 December 2019
3.16pm
Tangerine
Candlestick Park
Members
2135sp_Permalink sp_Print

regardless of your explanation it’s still a bad strategy in execution.  Again, whether or not we end up lynching is ultimately not nearly as significant when compared with the real detriment to the game that happens when you don’t move past random voting and into legitmate discussion.  My issue isn’t with not lynching (sometimes it just doesn’t make sense with the game state) my issue is with you being so against it that you completely stall the game state, so the possibility of lynching never happens (even when it would make sense on day 1).

9 December 2019
3.48pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2136sp_Permalink sp_Print

I want to hear what other players who haven’t spoken think about this.

And you are making assumption based on who we will send up. 

We are more likely to send up a yoko day one then have one die night one.

In this state there is no logical reason to not advocate for a lynch unless you are Yoko/John. 

9 December 2019
4.25pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
2137sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh. My. God . Have I really not made my reason clear by now? I’m sorry if you don’t find it logical but I’m sticking by it. 

As for stalling the game state, a) I have not done so, we’re having plenty of conversation and b) not much can be done for the game state anyway as we have no solid information to go off of until tomorrow. 

If I didn’t believe so strongly that lynching someone is a bad idea I’d vote for you Starr Shine. You keep steamrolling my reasoning so you can divert suspicion to me. BUT I don’t want to risk you being a biscuit so I will not vote for you.

Change vote: no one

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

9 December 2019
4.27pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
2138sp_Permalink sp_Print

Votals:

50yearslate (2) – Kaniffee, Starr Shine?

Hasn’t voted yet – 50yearslate

aus-flag-v-small.png

9 December 2019
9.19pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2139sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
Oh. My. God . Have I really not made my reason clear by now?

You made your reasoning clear. Here is a discussion on a mafia forum about this very issue.

Been quite a few quiet players, time to bump them and see what there thoughts on the game state is.

@QuarryMan

@JW OBoogie

@ThatWeirdBeatlesGirl

@TheWalrusWasBrian 

9 December 2019
9.26pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2140sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just realized that voting ends tomorrow, ugh. Biscuit apathy strikes again. Six days is strange though, why not seven. Players need more prods.

Prod players when they haven’t posted for two days. That is a job that a mod does.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694