Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
9 January 2023
8.55am
KyleKartan
Germany
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 386
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6261sp_Permalink sp_Print

From January 6st 2023: All You Need Is Love : the Beatles Musical with the band from Las Vegas. We were not allowed to make any pics during the show. 

It was AWESOME. There is something so special about experiencing those songs live played by a good Tribute Band! Songs from every era were played, from My Bonny to The End .

1-1.jpgImage Enlarger

3-1.jpgImage Enlarger
2-1.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank KyleKartan for this post:

Rube, Ahhh Girl

For the Benefit of Mr. Kyle

9 January 2023
10.16am
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1395
6262sp_Permalink sp_Print

@KyleKartan I love the t-shirt you are wearing. I’m glad you had a wonderful time. 

The following people thank Rube for this post:

KyleKartan

Winner of Most Hardcore Beatles Bible Fan 2021

mosthardcore.png

9 January 2023
1.03pm
KyleKartan
Germany
Paris Olympia
Members
6263sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Rube Thanks a lot! just wore in the first time on my birthday and the second time now for the concert 🙂

Rube

10 January 2023
7.17pm
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1395
6264sp_Permalink sp_Print

I went to The Museum of Oxford, which is about the history of the city, yesterday. They had a music themed section and it mentioned The Beatles regarding their appearance at The Carfax Assembly Rooms on 16th February 1963. There were also plaster bosses from The Carfax Assembly Rooms. Unfortunately, the venue closed in the late 1960s. 

IMG20230109132334.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG20230109132354.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank Rube for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Richard, KyleKartan, Beatlebug

Winner of Most Hardcore Beatles Bible Fan 2021

mosthardcore.png

13 January 2023
7.17pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2143
6265sp_Permalink sp_Print

At work yesterday, two coworkers were standing next to me talking about their band. A manager asked them both “what do you play?”. They answered, and then asked me. I said “the fool”. I did that for you, John. a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Richard, Beatlebug, Rube, Shamrock Womlbs, KyleKartan, sir walter raleigh

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

27 January 2023
8.46am
KyleKartan
Germany
Paris Olympia
Members
6266sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said
At work yesterday, two coworkers were standing next to me talking about their band. A manager asked them both “what do you play?”. They answered, and then asked me. I said “the fool”. I did that for you, John. a-hard-days-night-john-6

Perfection dude! ahdn_john_08_gif

Rube

19 February 2023
2.32pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221

I spotted this sticker among a hundred stickers on a truck in the parking lot at Walgreens. The dude was about to leave the parking space so I tapped on the window and indicated that I needed to take a picture before he left. I took the picture, and we “thumbs-uped” each other.

20230217_180937.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Richard, Rube, Beatlebug, Neely, KyleKartan
19 February 2023
8.22pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

I was in a café a couple of weeks ago where ‘Eleanor Rigby ‘ came on. One of the speakers was bust so was a weird experience with seemly random pieces of vocal and instrumentation disappearing. 

One of the great unsung aspects and joys of the Beatles songs is how messed up the songs can be if the speakers are broken or spaced too far apart.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Rube, Beatlebug, sigh butterfly, KyleKartan, vonbontee

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

20 February 2023
9.04pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
6269sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good old bad old 1960s/70s stereo mixing! One of the great banes of my life. a-hard-days-night-john-7a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-paul-7a-hard-days-night-paul-10

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

sigh butterfly, Neely

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

23 February 2023
12.19am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Trying to find artwork to go around my house so today I bought ‘Pepper’ and ‘Abbey Road ‘ canvases to go along with the ‘Rubber Soul ‘ one I already own. Would like to find another to make four for arrangement purposes and have thoughts of seeing ‘Revolver ‘ months ago but if I did I haven’t seen it since (‘RS’ has only been spotted once). The store played ‘My Sweet Lord ‘ and, before I could escape, ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps ‘ (the live performance from the ‘Bangladesh concert – presumably therefore it was the ‘Let It Roll’ compilation). Thankfully the store was closing so the music was turned off as otherwise I’d have been there for ages: it’s very difficult leaving a location whilst a/the Beatle/s is/are playing

Already bought but still to arrive are a few Looney Tunes pieces. I don’t want boring pictures of a flower, random person or such like. I did come across a couple of fantastic ‘Muppets’ picture hanging in an art gallery but they would have been going for £0000’s, the kind of store you’re embarrassed to enter as you are clearly viewed an unwanted unwelcomed scruff.

Note: Amazon have ‘AHDN ‘ so have ordered that as well.

Richard, Rube, KyleKartan, Beatlebug

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

25 February 2023
7.16pm
Neely
Memphis, Tennessee
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 448
6271sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was at the high school one day after school because I am in high school jazz band (im in 8th grade, but I am the “only person in the school who can play a guitar and not suck” -my band director) after practice me, my band director, and a few other kids hung out in directors’ office. In the wall there was a poster with cartoon pictures of Sgt. Pepper era beatles with “the fab four” written under it. then in the corner it had “__HS JV Marching Band 2014-2015” i freaked out because my schools JV marching band did a beatles show like 8-9 years ago… and then I remembered I am in Varsity and we only do “serious” shows

The following people thank Neely for this post:

Rube, Rube
28 February 2023
2.24pm
Neely
Memphis, Tennessee
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
6272sp_Permalink sp_Print

At the end of school yesterday I asked my science teacher to turn on some music. She turned in Eleanor Rigby for me. All the other kids in the classroom started dancing and stuff. Don’t ask me how they danced to that song, I couldn’t tell you. I sat down and listened. Then the other kids started hitting each other (school in Memphis is wild). My teacher yelled “Y’all better stop or imma turn up this Beatles song!” They all stopped smacking each other. Then she turned on Yellow Submarine and turned it up real loud. 

Beatlebug, Rube
28 February 2023
6.04pm
Sea Belt
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 975
6273sp_Permalink sp_Print

Neely said
At the end of school yesterday I asked my science teacher to turn on some music. She turned in Eleanor Rigby for me. All the other kids in the classroom started dancing and stuff. Don’t ask me how they danced to that song, I couldn’t tell you. I sat down and listened. Then the other kids started hitting each other (school in Memphis is wild). My teacher yelled “Y’all better stop or imma turn up this Beatles song!” They all stopped smacking each other. Then she turned on Yellow Submarine and turned it up real loud. 

That reminds me of a Beatley moment I had completely forgotten.  We’re talking Seattle in about 1972.  I’m standing at a busy downtown bus stop on a grey winter day.  Suddenly, two black guys walk through the crowd — singing Eleanor Rigby “Ahhhh, look at all the lonely people…”  I thought at the time how appropriate it was, given how sad and slumped everyone was standing around waiting for their bus.

The following people thank Sea Belt for this post:

Neely, Beatlebug, vonbontee, Rube

Now today I find, you have changed your mind

1 March 2023
9.57pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5445
6274sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cool memory! Wonder if they were singing the original or maybe Aretha Franklin’s cover, ’cause she sang it bit differently, substituting in lotsa blue notes

Beatley moment(s ago) – I was looking up info on Donna Summer’s “I Feel Love” while listening to SiriusXM’s Beatles Channel, and I mistyped that title as gibberish, bringing me to the Wikipedia recommendations list, just as “I Feel Fine ” began. And THERE IT WAS, right before my eyes as I scrolled the page, down a bit from the song I’d meant

Screenshot_20230301-163656_Samsung-Internet.jpgImage Enlarger

Screenshot_20230301-163857_Gallery.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank vonbontee for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Sea Belt, Rube

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

2 March 2023
3.57am
Sea Belt
Shea Stadium
Members
6275sp_Permalink sp_Print

The two guys were singing it more like the Beatles version, though I can’t remember if they harmonized.

vonbontee

4 March 2023
10.38am
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
6276sp_Permalink sp_Print

97FC4C5F-D388-4517-944F-FFC5F8F88A73.jpegImage Enlarger

1FECE875-F3D4-463D-A7B8-F67E53DC5263.jpegImage Enlarger

My friend gave me this book (not sure where he got it) because it had Lennon’s face on the cover and name in the title. It is well known that I am a huge fan of his so it only made sense. Anyways, looking through this book there were several transcribed conversations featuring John, George, and Srila Prabhupada. This part stuck out to me, where apparently he claims that John is the reincarnation of a wealthy and charitable Indian musician who has been blessed with his talent in the next life. It says that a spiritual master of his level is aware of past present and future. Pretty interesting

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

Richard, Ahhh Girl, Rube

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

6 March 2023
2.22am
Neely
Memphis, Tennessee
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
6277sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh I had a Beatley moment today alright…

We (my mom, stepdad, and i) were in the car going to my grandma’s because a tree fell on her house and destroyed it so we went to help. We had Led Zeppelin radio playing and then Come Together came on. My mom says “I hate the Beatles” and I just say “oh..”

She skips the song and then goes on… “Paul McCartney is an excellent songwriter though” my stepdad then says something about Yellow Submarine . My mom says “oh no that song was awful their drummer is the worst songwriter on the planet.” 

“he’s an excellent drummer though!” i say desperately trying to stand up for Ringo. 

this next beatley moment happened when we were coming home.

We were listening to Fame by David Bowie. Me and mom love him, my stepdad hates him. So, I know John co-wrote this and did backing vocals. Just to mess with my mom and maybe turn the conversation to The Beatles I ask “who does the backing vocals on this? It doesn’t sound like David… I wonder who wrote this with him?” and then my mom just goes “I don’t know probably just him”

Sea Belt, Richard, Beatlebug, Rube
6 March 2023
2.43am
Sea Belt
Shea Stadium
Members
6278sp_Permalink sp_Print

I never knew that about Fame — it’s one of my favorite Bowie songs, next to Don’t Look Down.

Neely, Beatlebug, Rube

7 March 2023
7.37pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6279sp_Permalink sp_Print

Found a gigantic ‘With The Beatles ‘ bottle cap art thing for my house which means I have various wall art for all albums from ‘WTB’ to ‘Pepper’ plus ‘Abbey Road ‘. My aim is to find something for all the UK albums; ‘BFS’ is a gigantic poster (must be A6 at least) I got over 20 years ago as a gift but otherwise I’m hoping to avoid regular posters – I adore that cover. 

Otherwise today in Glasgow next to the Buchanan Underground entrance there was a man blasting out ‘My Sweet Lord ‘ from a large speaker whilst he joined in with great joy on a bongo. Was great to see. 

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, Richard, Rube

9 March 2023
9.25pm
Neely
Memphis, Tennessee
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
6280sp_Permalink sp_Print

Me and my band director were cleaning out and organizing the music library. He found a folder that had “Hey Jude ” written on it, and a score was inside the folder. We both sang the song while we were cleaning… afterwards I told him about the history of the song. 

I have already told my band director to not mention The Beatles around me or I wont stop talking but he did anyway. My band directors are like my parents. 

Beatlebug, Rube
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694