Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
29 October 2021
12.38pm
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1395
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6121sp_Permalink sp_Print

They are fantastic photos @KyleKartan. 

The following people thank Rube for this post:

KyleKartan

Winner of Most Hardcore Beatles Bible Fan 2021

mosthardcore.png

3 November 2021
3.38am
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
6122sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was watching a bit of a hockey game on tv a few days ago, and they played I Saw Her Standing There during a break in the game.

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

14 November 2021
11.43pm
KyleKartan
Germany
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 386

My girl and I are watching “Rosins Restaurants” where a chef cook is helping restaurants who are in trouble.

They played some Beatles Songs in the new episodes. My gf always laughs when they play a song because she knows I dont like the fab four beeing used in that kind of way.

The songs which were played:

Twist And Shout

Help (twice)

A Hard Day’s Night

Good Day Sunshine

The following people thank KyleKartan for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Rube, Ahhh Girl

For the Benefit of Mr. Kyle

15 November 2021
3.24am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
6124sp_Permalink sp_Print

KyleKartan said
My girl and I are watching “Rosins Restaurants” where a chef cook is helping restaurants who are in trouble.

They played some Beatles Songs in the new episodes. My gf always laughs when they play a song because she knows I dont like the fab four beeing used in that kind of way.

Twist And Shout

Help (twice)

A Hard Day’s Night

Good Day Sunshine

Think of it this way – it exposes the dabs to an audience that otherwise might not know/be fabs of them.

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Rube, Ahhh Girl, KyleKartan

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

15 November 2021
7.10am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
6125sp_Permalink sp_Print

I get a kick when Beatles’ excerpts appear on random tv programmes, it’s nice to hear them. It would be different if they were the proper Beatles versions in adverts selling turpentine or stringy cheese.

A few days back whilst lying in a hospital bed with the tv on, Paul’s ‘Single Pigeon’ was heard during an episode of the BBC’s ‘Homes Under The Hammer’.  That was a weird one.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Ahhh Girl, KyleKartan

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

15 November 2021
7.53pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059

I wanted to shoot myself in the foot for not knowing about The Beatles segment on 60 Minutes last night I caught the tail end of it. I was waiting for Adele special to come on. I’ve caught bits and pieces of it. 

Had to hid my excitement at work about seeing Paul on the cover of the Costco monthly magazine about his new lyric book.

15 November 2021
8.28pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
6127sp_Permalink sp_Print

If you want to see the 60 Minutes segment, @Sky999, I posted it here earlier today.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

15 November 2021
11.29pm
KyleKartan
Germany
Paris Olympia
Members
6128sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said

KyleKartan said

Twist And Shout

Help (twice)

A Hard Day’s Night

Good Day Sunshine

Think of it this way – it exposes the dabs to an audience that otherwise might not know/be fabs of them.

That is true of course. Its just that they don’t do a hint of what songs they use. I guess they are in the credits of the show. I need to check on that.

They played Yesterday in an episode we watched…yesterday right after I did my post.

meanmistermustard said
I get a kick when Beatles’ excerpts appear on random tv programmes, it’s nice to hear them. It would be different if they were the proper Beatles versions in adverts selling turpentine or stringy cheese.

A few days back whilst lying in a hospital bed with the tv on, Paul’s ‘Single Pigeon’ was heard during an episode of the BBC’s ‘Homes Under The Hammer’.  That was a weird one.

Thats my problem with it. It’s not like they play them for a minute or so but for like 10 to 20 seconds. They are just very minor excerpts of the songs. They do that with all the songs they use and it gets annoying and tiresome to hear a new short song clip every few secs.

The Hole Got Fixed

16 November 2021
12.10am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
6129sp_Permalink sp_Print

If it was a regular occurrence to hear random Beatles moments I’d tune in more when convenient. Tho hopefully they use a wide selection of tracks and not the same handful on repeat, that would bug me.

It would be nice to get the songs longer, I guess it’s a licensing thing where the cost and rules vary. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

KyleKartan, Rube

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

16 November 2021
5.58pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
6130sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
If you want to see the 60 Minutes segment, @Sky999, I posted it here earlier today.

Thank ya! heart

Can’t wait for Get Back . Idk if I’ll get to watch it the day it comes out because that’s Thanksgiving here in the States, but definitely going to watch it during the following days. 

18 November 2021
6.18pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227
6131sp_Permalink sp_Print

Turned the page in the seek-a-word book and bam! Hiya, there, Lennon.ahdn_john_08_gif

20211118_181440-1.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Rube
20 November 2021
3.53pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members

I was just chilling in my own little world with Alabama game (University of Alabama football) in the background because my fiance is a huge Alabama fan like his dad when it came back from commercial break I heard the Million Dollar Band (that’s what Alabama’s marching band called) playing the “Na na na na na” part of Hey Jude . I wonder if it’s because Get Back is coming out or if it’s a coincidence. Now I’ve only been watching Alabama 3 years, but I’ve never heard them play Beatles music or any rock music. Not saying they don’t play it, but I haven’t heard and particularly during football games. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Update: Later on tonight Ringo inducted Billy Preston into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Paul inducted the Foo Fighters in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He sang Get Back with the Foo Fighters. It sounded like he had a bit of a cold or maybe it’s just his age showing. 

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

KyleKartan
20 November 2021
9.10pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6133sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Turned the page in the seek-a-word book and bam! Hiya, there, Lennon.ahdn_john_08_gif

Is there such a thing as a negative Beatley moment? This morning I noticed what puzzle number this is.

21 November 2021
7.19am
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1395
6134sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

I’m glad you found Lennon first. I love doing word searches. 

The following people thank Rube for this post:

Ahhh Girl

Winner of Most Hardcore Beatles Bible Fan 2021

mosthardcore.png

28 November 2021
6.11pm
kelicopter
Sitting in an English Garden
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1106
6135sp_Permalink sp_Print

My best friend of many years is not a Beatles fan, but he watched the Get Back trailer, as I must have been going on about it a bit…

He then asked me “Did they do a concert on the top of a building? Like they do in The Simpsons?” paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

I had to explain that that whole episode is one big Beatles parody, and that George Harrison himself is in the episode, and this all completely blew his mind somehow? I mean, there’s not being a Beatles fan and then there’s having huge gaps in pop culture knowledge, right?!

The following people thank kelicopter for this post:

KyleKartan, Rube, The Hole Got Fixed

I think it's great you're going through a phase,

and I'm awfully glad it'll all be over in a couple

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

29 November 2021
4.20am
KyleKartan
Germany
Paris Olympia
Members
6136sp_Permalink sp_Print

kelicopter said
My best friend of many years is not a Beatles fan, but he watched the Get Back trailer, as I must have been going on about it a bit…

He then asked me “Did they do a concert on the top of a building? Like they do in The Simpsons?” paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

I had to explain that that whole episode is one big Beatles parody, and that George Harrison himself is in the episode, and this all completely blew his mind somehow? I mean, there’s not being a Beatles fan and then there’s having huge gaps in pop culture knowledge, right?!

OMG! you’re kidding 😀 :D. At least its noticeable that the Simpsons are younger then the Beatles. ahdn_john_08_gifa-hard-days-night-ringo-13

This Episode became so much more funny when you know all the little insiders and tidbits of Fab History. 

“Number Eight – BURP – Number Eight – BURP – Number Eight – BURP!”

kelicopter

29 November 2021
11.23am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6137sp_Permalink sp_Print

I went to Christmas lights event at a botanic garden Friday night. Within three minutes after we arrived, they started playing Wonderful Christmastime . I was singing along when I walked up to this display. Check out the license plate – DIG IT. I did dig it – the moment, that is. About an hour later, my ears picked up on Happy Xmas (War Is Over) while I was roasting a marshmallow for a S’mores. ‘Twas a great night.

20211126_1835531.jpgImage Enlarger

KyleKartan, Rube
29 November 2021
11.29am
2crazikids
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 4
6138sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
I went to Christmas lights event at a botanic garden Friday night. Within three minutes after we arrived, they started playing Wonderful Christmastime . I was singing along when I walked up to this display. Check out the license plate – DIG IT. I did dig it – the moment, that is. About an hour later, my ears picked up on Happy Xmas (War Is Over) while I was roasting a marshmallow for a S’mores. ‘Twas a great night.

I was actually driving a decorated vehicle in a float parade of lights in a town where I work. I rolled up the windows and just blasted LIB for the whole parade route and it was so peaceful and wonderful. This gives me hope for the holiday season to not be so bleak this year.

The following people thank 2crazikids for this post:

Ahhh Girl, KyleKartan, Rube
29 November 2021
11.38am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6139sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ You provided a Beatley moment for people on the parade route. a-hard-days-night-george-9

Rube, 2crazikids
29 November 2021
12.51pm
KyleKartan
Germany
Paris Olympia
Members
6140sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Two actually great christmas songs! So much underused.

Naturally I’d love to hear them more often then Last Christmas…

Ahhh Girl

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694