Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
13 January 2020
12.02pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Round on Pointless today ‘Beatles on Film’, basically name anyone who was in AHDN , Help ! or the Eight Days A Week documentary.

Bloody great lad on, his answers were Pattie Boyd for AHDN , Roy Kinnear for Help ! and John Junkin for AHDN .

Unfortunately, Kinnear scored 2, Junkin 1 and Boyd was incorrect because she is uncredited, which is a shame.

My own answers were going to be Wilfred Bramble (who scored 1), Mal Evans <3 x (so I would have been incorrect as he’s not credited) and George Martin for EDAW which I would have won.

Pretty impressive the random 100 people’s knowledge of who was in Beatles films. You really needed to know the side characters in AHDN or Help ! to win, all the big players scored points.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

50yearslate, Beatlebug, TangerineTrees, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

13 January 2020
12.52pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
5842sp_Permalink sp_Print

You couldn’t say JPG&R? a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

13 January 2020
5.08pm
TangerineTrees
Behind That Locked Door
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 125
5843sp_Permalink sp_Print

This isn’t exactly a full Beatles moment, but I guess it counts. My history teacher usually plays music during work days in class and songs from the late 70s to the early 80s were playing. Then, I immediately recognized Paul’s (and Stevie’s) voices on Ebony And Ivory . Then, my teacher picked up her phone and asked what song it was. A kid sitting next to her who was sitting across the class from the speaker immediately responded “It’s Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder” about 5 seconds after the song started. My teacher then commented “Wow, that was fast!” and I was very impressed. Maybe I should talk to him as he seems like a nice kid with good music tastes (he knew Band On The Run too when it played and I’ve seen him wearing a Led Zeppelin t-shirt), but then again, I probably won’t. I’m far too shy and introverted for that. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank TangerineTrees for this post:

50yearslate, lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by nature." ~ George Harrison

"I'm Nobody! Who are you? Are you -- Nobody -- too?" ~ Emily Dickinson

13 January 2020
8.25pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
5844sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sat down at a restaurant at lunchtime and Let ‘Em In started playing.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars
13 January 2020
8.52pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
5845sp_Permalink sp_Print

TangerineTrees said
This isn’t exactly a full Beatles moment, but I guess it counts. My history teacher usually plays music during work days in class and songs from the late 70s to the early 80s were playing. Then, I immediately recognized Paul’s (and Stevie’s) voices on Ebony And Ivory . Then, my teacher picked up her phone and asked what song it was. A kid sitting next to her who was sitting across the class from the speaker immediately responded “It’s Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder” about 5 seconds after the song started. My teacher then commented “Wow, that was fast!” and I was very impressed. Maybe I should talk to him as he seems like a nice kid with good music tastes (he knew Band On The Run too when it played and I’ve seen him wearing a Led Zeppelin t-shirt), but then again, I probably won’t. I’m far too shy and introverted for that. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Just casually mention it sometime when it’s appropriate… ‘so you like the Beatles, do you?’ or something like that. I’m pretty introverted too but I’ve had success with that method at school before so hopefully it could work for you too!a-hard-days-night-john-3

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, TangerineTrees, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

13 January 2020
9.07pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181

Approaching people is terrifying. ahdn_george_05

Usually worth it though ahdn_john_08_gif

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, lovelyritametermaid, TangerineTrees, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

14 January 2020
6.04pm
TangerineTrees
Behind That Locked Door
London Palladium
Members
5847sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wow, two Beatley moments in a row! Today during my English class my teacher was looking up examples of infographics for our project. She looked up a list of the best infographics and started scrolling down the list. The infographics were usually normal, business-y models, even though they had a Doctor Who one up there (I’m not that into Doctor Who, but my friend got very excited). My English teacher then exclaimed “Oh, this one is interesting”, and it was an infographic on the Beatles! ahdn_george_06 It was an infographic describing the percentage of songs that each Beatle wrote and recorded when in the Beatles, and the most common type of word used in their respective discographies. It also judged their vocabulary in the songs (the lowest being Wild Honey Pie and the highest being Rocky Raccoon ), the highest number of words that each Beatle sung (Ringo’s most sung word was ‘garden’ out of the songs that he wrote, not the ones that were written for him). Of course, ‘love’ is the most used word in the Beatles songs. The infographic listed their writing output in this order: Lennon/McCartney, McCartney, Lennon, Harrison, and Ringo (note that it said Ringo as opposed to Starr, strangely). I wonder how they compiled the Lennon/McCartney one, as their songs in the later years can get confusing as to whether they wrote it together or separately. It was also interesting to note that John had the most words on average (which makes sense), while Paul had the overall wordiest song, Maxwell’s Silver Hammer (not counting Lennon/McCartney, which counted Rocky Raccoon ). They also counted Taking a Trip to Carolina as part of the infographic as one of Ringo’s songs. I wonder where they put What Goes On , as they didn’t count it as a Ringo song and not all of the songs are labeled. There were too many under the Lennon/McCartney part of the infographic for me to see where that song was.

Moving on…

I got way too excited and, yet again, I couldn’t get any work done because I was too busy looking up other Beatles infographics. paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif I went over to my teacher’s computer later to see if the facts were correct and to get a closer look at it, and they even counted Free As A Bird and Real Love . My teacher then tried to see the entire infographic, but was unsuccessful as the website was blocked (because, of course, this is public school). She then posted the copy that was available as an example for the entire class to use on their project! ahdn_ringo_09 

What a week it has been for Beatles references, and it’s only Tuesday! a-hard-days-night-john-6 Well, have a great day everyone! heart

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, lovelyritametermaid, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by nature." ~ George Harrison

14 January 2020
7.13pm
Beatlebug

Moderators

I think that infographic may have been posted to the forum. Let me do a quick search…

[one moment later]

Ah yes, found these threads:
https://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/yesterday-and-today/beatles-songs-broken-down-by-instrument-amazing-infographics/ and https://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/beatles-pics/epic-beatles-infographic/

The Hole Got Fixed, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

17 January 2020
11.04pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
5849sp_Permalink sp_Print

This may be sort of an indirect Beatley moment but anyhoo today I was watching the second season of Sex Education and in one of the episodes one of the characters bumps into their estranged mum at the mall and she’s all like “Hey I’ve changed and got a boyfriend that helps me out and I’m clean and all that” and the actress who played this mum played Julia Lennon in Nowhere Boy, so I got pretty excited because I love that film, and I thought “Wow this chick must have a real knack for playing estranged mothers who leave their child’s lives and start a new family before ultimately returning for reconciliation.” a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

18 January 2020
8.17am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5850sp_Permalink sp_Print

Everybody has their part to play.

lovelyritametermaid
21 January 2020
9.02pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798

I didn’t have that many Beatley Moments per se while traveling in Europe. I did however have many Beatley Bible moments. I made friends with a guy in Prague and ended up trading one week in Hawaii for 2 weeks in Ballater (Scottish highlands). I had several mmm moments when I strongly felt his presence. Also a few weeks in Dublin brought ASJ’s vibe to mind and remembering the spirit of her posts helped to enhance the journey. The last day in Amsterdam we had a magical experience that probably isn’t something M.Kitty would approve of, but still made me trip on her determination to see Paul up close. I don’t want to go all TripAdvisor on you, but the Amsterdam story isn’t one you would find there.

So…we arrived at our AirBnb and the host hands us some postcards with the apartment details to send to our family. This is it:

IMG_1325.jpgImage Enlarger

That was good omen for our visit. We had all of the usual Amsterdam fun and managed not to get run over by any of the thousands of bikes on the street. There is a restaurant next door to the apartment and we chatted every morning with Sig, the waitress there. She took a lot of interest in the Bay Area and wanted to know about California. Our last day in Amsterdam was an early May, Sunday morning and the weather was spring perfect. We told her we planned to spend the day in Vondelpark and she kind of laughed and said “After the long winter the people of Amsterdam will be in ecstasy today. I’m coming with you”!  She tore off her apron, told her boss she was leaving, and off we went following her down the canal lane and into the city. After a while she stopped in front of an apartment house and ran up to see if her friend was home. She was and invited us to come up. Her friend seemed to be a seamstress and her walls were covered with macrame. She brought out some tea and some little round waffles for us to enjoy. We soon were back on our way and made it to the park around noon. Sig left us on a bench that faced some water fountains that were in the middle of a lake and wished us well. There were lots of people laying on the grass and the vibe was similar to the beach scene at home. It wasn’t long before I started feeling a little weird. The first feeling was like a warmth in my body that left me a little short of breath, followed by a sense of anticipation that something was about to happen. Everything kind of slowed down and I started to feel very, very happy  If you are familiar with the instrumental Pepperland from the Yellow Submarine soundtrack, that was the mood. All of the colors in the park were so vivid and they were all were blending together under the marmalade skies. That’s when I realized we were very stoned. I came of age in the 60s so I’m not unfamiliar with drugs, but haven’t partaken since my last Dead concert in 92. I started to get a little paranoid (was it the tea, the waffle, did Sig actually tell me in the restaurant that the people of Amsterdam will be on ecstasy). My wife has no experience with drugs and I kind of looked at her from the corner of my eye to see how she was doing. She was smiling and staring at some people eating ice cream, so I didn’t say anything until the right moment. Every once in a while we would start laughing at nothing but the experience wasn’t overwhelming and we were able to leave the bench after a few hours. We left Amsterdam the next morning and stopped by the restaurant to ask Sig what was up, but she wasn’t working that day. Ok, I guess that was a sort of Beatley moment, with the exception that Sig isn’t a dentist.ahdn_george_05

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid, Ahhh Girl, AppleScruffJunior, SgtPeppersBulldog, TangerineTrees, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

22 January 2020
10.39am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5852sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beware of tea.

SgtPeppersBulldog, sigh butterfly, Beatlebug, Beatlebug, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars
23 January 2020
3.41pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
5853sp_Permalink sp_Print

Doing my occasional binge of John and Paul’s “favourite group” (Nilsson) a-hard-days-night-george-10 and I just got an ad for Linda McCartney Foods with Mammunia playing in the background.a-hard-days-night-paul-7 I have also been getting the Amazon Alexa Abbey Road ad quite frequently also, so I guess the FBI agent through my screen  YouTube algorithms have done me goodahdn_george_06

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

TangerineTrees, sigh butterfly, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

24 January 2020
3.20am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
5854sp_Permalink sp_Print

Went to see ‘Jo Jo Rabbit’ yesterday and, due to being about 30 seconds late to the start, walked in to ‘Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand ‘ playing. So unexpected I thought my phone was playing music. The film was very meh but cool to hear the German versions of Beatles and Bowie.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

28 January 2020
4.56pm
TangerineTrees
Behind That Locked Door
London Palladium
Members

Wow, two Beatley moments in one day! a-hard-days-night-george-9

I had a dentist’s appointment today, and the waiting room is ocean themed. There was a yellow submarine on the wall. I then went over to check it, and sure enough it had four portholes!

This one is a bit of a longer one, and it happened during history class (See my earlier post in this topic) when my teacher was playing music again. My teacher was playing oldies/70’s music with lots of great songs, including Let it Be (along with songs by David Bowie, Carly Simon, Styx, Simon and Garfunkel, and more). The same kid from my earlier post also could name pretty much every song that played, especially Let it Be. I, being the shy person that I am, still haven’t talked to him. paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif Maybe next time I will. Anyway, I slowly shifted my chair towards the speaker throughout the class, and by the end of class I was right next to the speaker. I probably looked like a fool, but what does that matter, my teacher likes me and I can’t resist a good song. I also ended up getting no work done, I’m one of those people who can’t work when a song I like is playing, I need to actively listen to it. This makes classwork either distracting (when music is playing), or mind-numbingly boring (when music isn’t playing). Oh well, first world problems. ahdn_paul_01 I also don’t have school tomorrow for the end of the semester, so I guess I’ll spend that time working on what I was supposed to be doing in history class. 

Well, have a great day everyone! heart

Edit: I forgot to add in one more Beatley moment. My friend and I were discussing dark yet catchy songs, and I sent her Maxwell’s Silver Hammer . I’m still waiting to hear her reaction, but knowing her, she’ll probably enjoy it. 

Well, have a great day everyone! heart (again)

sigh butterfly, lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

28 January 2020
5.14pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
5856sp_Permalink sp_Print

Any associations between Beatles and dentists scares me now but i’m glad you got to have a Beatley moment a-hard-days-night-george-9

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

TangerineTrees, sigh butterfly, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

28 January 2020
8.51pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
5857sp_Permalink sp_Print

As literary editor my school’s art and literature magazine, I had to go through all of our fall/winter poetry and story submissions in order to clean up grammar and spelling errors as well as to see if I need to talk to the authors’ about anything regarding their work, and there were some lovely Beatley submissions. (Erm, two were written by me, but still!) I wrote and submitted a poem broadly inspired by George Harrison and Patti Boyd as well as a short story loosely set in late 1950s Liverpool at a rock club (the main character sported some drainpipe jeans and a leather jacket, smoked Woodbines, and had a best friend named Ritchie). Another short story was titled “Strawberry Fields (Forever)” and ended with a huge reference to the song and the Beatles. 

Also, on Saturday, I found a drawing that had the lyrics of “Yesterday ” on it, a Beatles pin on a violin case, and some “Eleonor Rigby” sheet music arranged for cello.

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

28 January 2020
10.05pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
5858sp_Permalink sp_Print

TangerineTrees said
I also ended up getting no work done, I’m one of those people who can’t work when a song I like is playing, I need to actively listen to it. This makes classwork either distracting (when music is playing), or mind-numbingly boring (when music isn’t playing). Oh well, first world problems. ahdn_paul_01

Oh my god how do you get anything done a-hard-days-night-paul-3 I listen to music while doing just about everything. About the only time I’m not listening to anything is when interacting with humans or playing guitar. a-hard-days-night-john-6 One time recently I had an in-class assignment (which was already relatively unusual) and someone asked if we could listen to.music whilst doing it (which was quite unusual) and the teacher said yes (which was very unusual) and I was like WHAT?! Nah, don’t question it, just exercise this joyous privilege and I got to finish Low* in class, which was crazy. derek-taylor_01_gif

But anyway, that’s not a Beatley moment so… I saw a girl wearing a Beatles shirt today. ahdn_john_08_gif

*If I recall, it was the album’s releasaversary that day.

lovelyritametermaid, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

29 January 2020
4.30am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025
5859sp_Permalink sp_Print

Talking to my social worker today and about moods and she pointed out this nice little diagram she has on her office wall:

Advice-From-The-Beatles.jpgImage Enlarger

Handy, I thought!

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, TangerineTrees, sigh butterfly, WeepingAtlasCedars

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

29 January 2020
10.13am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5860sp_Permalink sp_Print

ewe2 said
Talking to my social worker today and about moods and she pointed out this nice little diagram she has on her office wall:

Advice-From-The-Beatles.jpgImage Enlarger

Handy, I thought!

Did you point out that Imagine isn’t a Beatles song?

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690