Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
3 January 2020
1.41pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5821sp_Permalink sp_Print

TangerineTrees said
Well everyone, I finally did it. I wore a Beatles shirt to school. This may not seem like a big deal, but coming from an insecure teenager who avoids social interaction and whose wardrobe is 90% t-shirts from musicals that I’ve been in, this is a step up. One of my friends walked up to me, said “GOO GOO G’JOOB” and walked away. Of course, this is the same friend that said “Nothing can beat I Am The Walrus “, which I mentioned in my earlier post. Another friend said “What the #@*& is your shirt!?” Looking back, I can see the reasoning behind her words as she probably only saw the part that said “The Beatles Are Coming!” and the top of the American flag.a-hard-days-night-paul-10

In the end, the world didn’t explode like I thought it would! beatlemaniacs_02_gif

Thanks for reading my nonsense rant, and at this point, you all probably think that I’m crazy for obsessing this much over a shirt. Oh well.a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I don’t think you’re crazy at all. I still haven’t worn a Beatles shirt to school and I’ve been completely obsessed for, what, two or three years now? Well done john-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, TangerineTrees

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

3 January 2020
7.13pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944

Another recent totally unexpected music moment was hearing John’s 1972 live performance of ‘Come Together ‘ blasting out of someone’s house near where I work.  The person doesn’t stream so this is something they had on a certain hard format and were playing by choice, not that it just happened to come on. Very strange.

Saw a teenager wearing a Beatles white hoodie today. I mentioned it to her with great delight when she went passed and she looked like she thought I was a nutter.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

50yearslate, Beatlebug

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

4 January 2020
4.39pm
TangerineTrees
Behind That Locked Door
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 125
5823sp_Permalink sp_Print

I heard an instrumental version of Yesterday playing in the school library, well, yesterday. It had saxophones and everything! It also prevented me from getting my science paper done, as I got way too excited. Why Beatles, why!?blue-meanieOn the other hand, it is always good to see or hear something Beatles related in public.ahdn_george_08

The following people thank TangerineTrees for this post:

Beatlebug, 50yearslate, Ahhh Girl

"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by nature." ~ George Harrison

"I'm Nobody! Who are you? Are you -- Nobody -- too?" ~ Emily Dickinson

5 January 2020
3.31pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

The lack of ye not watching Doctor Who is very disappointing, lads. I mean, I know, the last series was atrocious and Jodie as a whole is right dodge but still!

Anyhoo, the first episode of this series we had one of the companion’s dads asking his Alexa* to “play Rubber Soul “, she didn’t understand him alas. 

*I can’t be the only one (if any of you are watching DW at the mo) to be annoyed at the bloody companies and brands that are being name checked. In the first two episodes alone, we’ve had (off the top of my head), Alexa, WhatsApp, Apple, Samsung, Range Rover, NatWest and Facebook and I know there’s one or two more I’m missing. This is the BBC, chill with the company name hocking, I know you want your freebies Chibnall but it’s coming across very much like American TV.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

5 January 2020
4.18pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445

Today I was listening to George Harrison ‘s self-titled album on our living room speakers as I helped my mom take all the ornaments and lights off of the Christmas tree and my step-dad comes in the room, stares me dead in the eye and says, jokingly, “Aren’t you sick of the Beatles yet? Because I sure am!” Offended, I promptly told him that this wasn’t the Beatles but in fact, solo Harrison… but he just rolled his eyes. My love for George is driving my family apart it seems. 

I also blasted “Hey Bulldog ” once my parents left the room and my dog started to bark at the speakers once Paul started barking. 

AppleScruffJunior said
The lack of ye not watching Doctor Who is very disappointing, lads. I mean, I know, the last series was atrocious and Jodie as a whole is right dodge but still!

Anyhoo, the first episode of this series we had one of the companion’s dads asking his Alexa* to “play Rubber Soul “, she didn’t understand him alas. 

*I can’t be the only one (if any of you are watching DW at the mo) to be annoyed at the bloody companies and brands that are being name checked. In the first two episodes alone, we’ve had (off the top of my head), Alexa, WhatsApp, Apple, Samsung, Range Rover, NatWest and Facebook and I know there’s one or two more I’m missing. This is the BBC, chill with the company name hocking, I know you want your freebies Chibnall but it’s coming across very much like American TV.

Dang I’ve been a Doctor Who fan for years and years. It was the first thing I was obsessed with, in fact. I’ve stopped watching after Peter left (though I still rewatch Tenant’s and Smith’s seasons). I wasn’t very confident in Jodie’s ability to carry the helm (I’m not against a female Doctor, she just doesn’t fit for me, y’know?) I’m disappointed to hear the commercial turn the show has taken. 

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

5 January 2020
5.44pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
5826sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nowhere Man started playing while we were in A. Schwab’s on Beale Street yesterday. I moved close to a speaker and didn’t move until the song was over. 

I “chair danced” with my 2nd cousin (9 years old) to the band at B.B. King’s. (Neither one of us were up for getting out on the dance floor.) Her grandmother and mother thought it was so sweet that I did that that they bought me a Beatles coffee mug while we were shopping on Beale.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

50yearslate, lovelyritametermaid, TangerineTrees, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars
6 January 2020
2.11pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Ahhh Girl said
Nowhere Man started playing while we were in A. Schwab’s on Beale Street yesterday. I moved close to a speaker and didn’t move until the song was over. 

I “chair danced” with my 2nd cousin (9 years old) to the band at B.B. King’s. (Neither one of us were up for getting out on the dance floor.) Her grandmother and mother thought it was so sweet that I did that that they bought me a Beatles coffee mug while we were shopping on Beale.

Was it a decent speaker listening experience? I still remember standing in HMV listening to the song and creating my own panning effect when walking across the large store due to the stupid mix of vocals on one side and instruments on the other.

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 January 2020
8.45pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
5828sp_Permalink sp_Print

It was as good as I could get above the din of the crowd. The Beatles always cut through the noise for me.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug
8 January 2020
1.42pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2126
5829sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m in Athens, and today I saw a shirt of the Abbey Road cover but with ‘The Greetles’. a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Beatlebug

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

8 January 2020
2.07pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
5830sp_Permalink sp_Print

They should have bought that Greek island and named it ‘Greetle’ or ‘Greace’ ahdn_john_08_gif

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Ahhh Girl

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

8 January 2020
3.09pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
5831sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I would have thought the Greekles…

Anyway, why I came here, keep getting a BBC trailer for Call the Midwife, into the mid-60s now, midwife looks at hunky (I presume) doctor, “Has anybody told you your eyes are just like Paul McCartney ‘s?”

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

8 January 2020
5.37pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Ron Nasty said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I would have thought the Greekles…

Anyway, why I came here, keep getting a BBC trailer for Call the Midwife, into the mid-60s now, midwife looks at hunky (I presume) doctor, “Has anybody told you your eyes are just like Paul McCartney ‘s?”

Did he get them from the car crash?

lovelyritametermaid

8 January 2020
6.36pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
5833sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was watching a show on Disney+ and one of the people said “You could say I was a B-student but I like to think of myself as a Beatles student…because I got by With A Little Help From My Friends !” 

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

8 January 2020
11.52pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777
5834sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said
I’m in Athens, and today I saw a shirt of the Abbey Road cover but with ‘The Greetles’. a-hard-days-night-john-6

I’m taking a study abroad trip to Greece this coming summer. I’m very much looking forward to it. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, Timothy

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

9 January 2020
8.46am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
5835sp_Permalink sp_Print

sir walter raleigh said

Timothy said

I’m taking a study abroad trip to Greece this coming summer. I’m very much looking forward to it. 

I’ve done a lot so far. Today I’ve seen a Beatles For Sale album cover poster in a market and a generic ‘The Beatles’ shirt. I’ve got one full day left and then I’m off to Dubai. Athens is great, I think you’ll love it if you are going. Friendly people, good food and a relaxed atmosphere. 

Beatlebug

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

9 January 2020
9.41am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
5836sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said

I think the Greetles sounds better, personally, plus it’s easier to identify as a play on Beatles.

Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

10 January 2020
3.17pm
TangerineTrees
Behind That Locked Door
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 125
5837sp_Permalink sp_Print

During gym class today a-hard-days-night-paul-3, one of the gym teachers started playing music. The music was actually good for the most part, which is no surprise as this gym teacher is a known Beatles fan (she liked my Beatles shirt and there is a picture of her reading a Beatles book). Things were going great (other than the fact that I was in PE) and a Led Zeppelin song was playing (Immigrant Song). Then I heard an unmistakable fuzzy guitar riff and Revolution started playing!a-hard-days-night-john-6I was extremely excited, but then the unimaginable happened: the teacher skipped the song.paul-mccartney 

The following people thank TangerineTrees for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Everyone should have themselves regularly overwhelmed by nature." ~ George Harrison

"I'm Nobody! Who are you? Are you -- Nobody -- too?" ~ Emily Dickinson

10 January 2020
4.50pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181

Zepp is very good music for physical exertion… of any kind ahdn_george_06 ahdn_george_06 ahdn_george_06

I imagine Revolution would lift the spirits in PE considerably as well — if allowed to play. a-hard-days-night-john-7

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

TangerineTrees, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

10 January 2020
6.05pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
5839sp_Permalink sp_Print

TangerineTrees said
During gym class today a-hard-days-night-paul-3, one of the gym teachers started playing music. The music was actually good for the most part, which is no surprise as this gym teacher is a known Beatles fan (she liked my Beatles shirt and there is a picture of her reading a Beatles book). Things were going great (other than the fact that I was in PE) and a Led Zeppelin song was playing (Immigrant Song). Then I heard an unmistakable fuzzy guitar riff and Revolution started playing!a-hard-days-night-john-6I was extremely excited, but then the unimaginable happened: the teacher skipped the song.paul-mccartney 

how DARE she

Beatlebug, TangerineTrees, Ahhh Girl, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

10 January 2020
10.04pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
5840sp_Permalink sp_Print

Heard a cover version of Strawberry Fields Forever during breakfast. Made me want to immediately listen to the real version.

The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690