Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
8 February 2019
4.42pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5201sp_Permalink sp_Print

It was hours ago, I’m afraid…

I don’t think she’s really a hardcore fan, though, just a “oh they sound nice” kind of fan, not really passionate. She described them as “catchy.”

Still worth a try though…

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

8 February 2019
5.05pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
5202sp_Permalink sp_Print

If she picked Glass Onion and The Word (less so Please Please Me ), then there’s every chance she knows a thing or two about them.

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

50yearslate, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

8 February 2019
5.07pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
5203sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hmm that’s fair. Perhaps I shall try next week, if I can summon the courage. john-lennon-salute_gif

(i legitimately could not believe my ears when i heard Glass Onion begin to play, i thought it was some kind of cruel joke being played on me by the beatlegods)

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

8 February 2019
5.21pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223
5204sp_Permalink sp_Print

French teacher? Wonder if she likes Michelle .

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug
8 February 2019
5.24pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members

50yearslate said on 12/12/18
Okay so I was just sitting here in French class pretending to do my study guide and browsing the Beatles Bible when my teacher started playing Michelle . Yes, Michelle . In French class. 

Sont les mots qui bon tres bien ensemble!

I am very happy now.

Except the song just ended, so now I am sad. 

a-hard-days-night-george-10

@Ahhh Girl 

Ahhh Girl, ScarlettFieldsForever

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

8 February 2019
6.42pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2143
5206sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nowhere Man was playing outside a restaurant as I walked past yesterday.

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

50yearslate, Ahhh Girl, ScarlettFieldsForever, The Hole Got Fixed

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

9 February 2019
10.41pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
5207sp_Permalink sp_Print

And just 30 mins ago I walked through a shopping centre I saw a man with a shirt that read ‘KEEP CALM AND NEVER FORGET JOHN LENNON.’

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Richard, ScarlettFieldsForever, Ahhh Girl, 50yearslate, Beatlebug, Shamrock Womlbs

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

10 February 2019
4.04pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members

IMG_3772.JPGImage Enlarger

I misread “LCD” as “LSD” and… well…

(if anyone happens to know what an LCD is, my math grade and I would love to know a-hard-days-night-paul-7)

Edit: Oh… wait… least common denominator…

paul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gifpaul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

10 February 2019
4.29pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

Lowest Common Denominator, @50yearslate?

No, I have no idea how to solve the question. But since ‘a’ is on both sides and on one is ² i’m going for ‘a’. Maths is generally overly complicated.

Edit: You’ve already answered, tho differently to me. I don’t care. I liked Maths in school but that’s mainly down to it not being as soul burning as everything else. It seemed to have an end result instead of English which was reading crap books and then writing about them.

To get this back on topic. I heard ‘Woman ‘ (John’s not Paul’s) playing when in a shopping store earlier. I also saw a ‘Sgt Pepper ‘ t-shirt on sale but didn’t buy it as it was quite dull. There is a remarkable lack of good Beatles t-shirts out there at the moment.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

50yearslate, Beatlebug

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

10 February 2019
4.44pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
5210sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

No, I have no idea how to solve the question. But since ‘a’ is on both sides and on one is ² i’m going for ‘a’. Maths is generally overly complicated.

It’s 21a²bc, but thanks all the same a-hard-days-night-george-9apple01 I agree, math is no fun. 🙁

Edit: You’ve already answered, tho differently to me. I don’t care. I liked Maths in school but that’s mainly down to it not being as soul burning as everything else. It seemed to have an end result instead of English which was reading crap books and then writing about them.

Least common denominator and lowest common denominator are the same thing, I think. I like English, but that’s just me. mccartney-shrug_01_gif (I love that adjective though, “soul burning” ahdn_george_06)

Beatley moment: Every time George says “applecart” in Not Guilty my mind goes RUTLES!!!!!! I believe I’ve said this elsewhere but I’m trying not to derail.

Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

10 February 2019
7.04pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

50yearslate said

meanmistermustard said

It’s 21a²bc, but thanks all the same a-hard-days-night-george-9apple01 I agree, math is no fun. 🙁

Least common denominator and lowest common denominator are the same thing, I think. I like English, but that’s just me. mccartney-shrug_01_gif (I love that adjective though, “soul burning” ahdn_george_06)

Beatley moment: Every time George says “applecart” in Not Guilty my mind goes RUTLES!!!!!! I believe I’ve said this elsewhere but I’m trying not to derail.

Ok. I have zero idea how you got that and zero desire to find out how. I got a Higher in Maths but amazingly all that they taught me above the basics has had absolutely no requirement in my daily living so has been forgotten. At no moment in the last 20 years have I had to calculate x in d(2d³ce + 3xecd) -15ce²d. I can solve most Countdown number games so am happy.

Beatlebug

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

10 February 2019
7.25pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I asked my dad for help and checked it with an answer key. That description sums up my opinion on math pretty well. It’s good to know the basics, but unless you have some complicated mathy/sciencey job you don’t need to know anything else. apple01

Beatley moment: I just finished a game of Beatles Trivial Pursuit with my dad. I lost, of course.

Beatlebug, Von Bontee

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

10 February 2019
8.52pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456
5213sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatle-y moment overdose!

So I’m watching my sole personal “appointment tv” program (Bob’s Burgers) a few weeks ago, and a character makes mention of “Ringo McCartney” as a name for a dog…and I’m reminded of that reference during tonight’s episode, which featured “Princess Paula McCartney” and her fantasy wedding at “Westminster Abbey Road “, plus much use of Tower Bridge (reminding me of the Wings-London Town thread revival)…

…and all this stuff combined made me decide that it was postworthy, and I vowed to do so as soon as it ended. And so I did…but not before the program was interrupted by a commercial. Which was soundtracked by the soothing guitar strums of “Here Comes The Sun “. Dunno if the product being sold was auto insurance, or an instant coffee app, or whatever (I wasn’t looking), but anyways, Beatley moments! 

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

Richard, 50yearslate, ScarlettFieldsForever, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

11 February 2019
4.17am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
5214sp_Permalink sp_Print

In conversation I said “if you can’t stand the heat why don’t you get back in the shade?” I knew what it meant, I doubt others did.

11 February 2019
4.47am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5215sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said
In conversation I said “if you can’t stand the heat why don’t you get back in the shade?” I knew what it meant, I doubt others did.

Question (I seem to have a few of these). Was that line in ‘Tight A$’ a disguised reference to ‘Rain ‘?

When the sun shines 
They slip into the shade

Ahhh Girl

11 February 2019
2.25pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5216sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mentioned a little while back, i think by BeatleBug, but this ability to have your ears or eyes pricked for no apparent reason only to tune in and fine some Beatle occurrence is just plain weird.

Sitting in a bar oblivious to all around when suddenly ears start twitching and something bugging me only to find ‘Help !’ is playing low in the background. I can not hear folk shouting at me from 3 foot away yet can detect John Lennon singing very low below the noise of folk talking, glasses and bottles clinking, and people walking about!!

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, 50yearslate, The Hole Got Fixed, AppleScruffJunior, Von Bontee, ScarlettFieldsForever

11 February 2019
2.43pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
5217sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Yep. a-hard-days-night-john-6

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

11 February 2019
3.58pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

It is some weird phenomenon, I agree mmm. 

I was practicing my crappy coding on my laptop the other night and heard a very low “dododododododo” on the telly and I went “IT’S GEORGE HARRISON”. Yes, What Is My Life is on some crappy film trailer and I picked it up over my family’s gabbling and my concentration on not fecking up:

The trailer that I saw was a different edit and mix of WIML but you get the idea.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Beatlebug

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

11 February 2019
4.03pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
5219sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh yeah, I saw that trailer a while back. I think I sat through the whole thing just to hear What Is Life . a-hard-days-night-john-6

I remember reading in Psychology that your brain processes all the things that it hears on one level, and if it picks up on anything that might be personally important to you (e.g. your name), it’ll let you know and your ears will prick up even though you ‘weren’t listening’, and the first thing I thought of was occasions on which I picked up on someone mentioning Pink Floyd from across the room even though I was in the midst of a conversation in a fairly unquiet setting. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

50yearslate

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

11 February 2019
4.24pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5220sp_Permalink sp_Print

That above movie looks awful and the exact same as nearly every other Mark Walberg film. I sit with the TV on the background and somehow ‘Daddy’s Home’ ended up on in the background, was bloody atrocious from the section I saw.

Good to see George songs get used tho, maybe one day they will get past ‘ATMP ‘ and discover George has more albums to select songs from.

50yearslate, Beatlebug

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694