Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
29 August 2017
10.12am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4781sp_Permalink sp_Print

Flyingbrians said
My regular nightclub has this awesome picture on the wall in their bar area. I was there last Friday and finally decided to snap a photo of it. 

In case you can’t see, it’s basically a Beatles/Kiss matchup. 

FullSizeRender.jpgImage Enlarger

Have you ever drank a Scotch and Coke while staring at that picture?

29 August 2017
5.07pm
Flyingbrians
Robin Hood Country
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 363
4782sp_Permalink sp_Print

I haven’t actually. I think i’ve got to next time i’m there though now!a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank Flyingbrians for this post:

Ahhh Girl

"And life flows on within you and without you" - George Harrison

29 August 2017
5.55pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240

Yep, get on it, @Flyingbrians. We will await your report.

I would think that when Paul drinks a Scotch and Coke now it “tastes” like his Beatles days (brings back the memories). We know Ringo has sworn off the booze.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, Flyingbrians, SgtPeppersBulldog
31 August 2017
12.49pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
4784sp_Permalink sp_Print

The other day the girl who brought my food at Panera said she liked my Beatles shirt. So on my way out the door I asked who her favorite Beatle is. 

She paused, and then said “I’d have to think about that.”

A) She isn’t really a fan.

B) She loves them all equally.

I like to think B. 

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, crazyyorkshireman

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

31 August 2017
1.38pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
4785sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like to think B as well, however, when I have asked strangers for their favorite Beatles album, I typically get “oh there are too many good ones to choose from!” demonstrating their inability to name a single Beatles album. 

Although my French Professor asked me and I told him Revolver . He said Abbey Road .

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

Expert Textpert, The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, Flyingbrians, WeepingAtlasCedars, GardeningOctopus

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

1 September 2017
12.06pm
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1277

I’m at a Youth camp for avant-garde music with my saxophone at the moment and for lunch there are always two different desserts in the cafeteria. Since there are also international participants,  the signs are in English and today the two signs read ‘cream tangerine’ and ‘coffee desert’… I wonder whether the cook might be a Beatles fan because when he explained us the rules in the cafeteria the first day and wanted to summon us, he yelled ‘Come together… right now!’

Oh, and before anyone can ask: no, we’re not performing Revolution 9 , unfortunately. a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Martha for this post:

Beatlebug, sir walter raleigh, SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl, Expert Textpert, WeepingAtlasCedars, crazyyorkshireman, BeatleSnut, GardeningOctopus, MadisonMcCartney2267, Zig

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

1 September 2017
4.22pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
4787sp_Permalink sp_Print

You need to locate the cook and ask them about the Beatles immediately! That’s too obscure to be coincidence.

What are you performing if it isn’t Revolution 9 ? There isn’t any other Avant-Garde music worth doing, is there?a-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Martha, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

1 September 2017
5.42pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
4788sp_Permalink sp_Print

Side one of the Wedding Album

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Martha

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

1 September 2017
10.43pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
4789sp_Permalink sp_Print

*gasp* Carnival Of Light ?!? a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Martha

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

2 September 2017
2.08am
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members

The Hole Got Fixed said

What are you performing if it isn’t Revolution 9 ? There isn’t any other Avant-Garde music worth doing, is there?a-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-george-10  

I’m surprised to hear these words from someone who had previously expressed his love for a certain piece by Penderecki… a-hard-days-night-john-3a-hard-days-night-george-10

WeepingAtlasCedars said
*gasp* Carnival Of Light ?!? a-hard-days-night-ringo-6  

Oh no, you have discovered our little secret, WeepyC. Truth is, Paul and Ringo are the professors at the camp and they teach us everything we need to know to reproduce Carnival Of Light . We even all got signed vynils of COL (for educational purposes of  course) and on Sunday we’ll Playa surprise premiere in the Abbey Road Studios. My saxophone part is meant to represent George’s high shrieks when Paul dropped a guitar amplifier on his feet because Paul thought the guitar would sound more interesting if he threw the amplifier through the room. 

Just kidding! a-hard-days-night-george-10(who would have thought that) Among other pieces, we’ll perform a concerto for Sopran saxophone and chamber orchestra by Valentin Marti which makes me pretty excited because it’s the first time I play a solo concert with an orchestra. 

And back on topic: I’m pretty sure now that the cook I mentioned earlier is indeed a Beatles fan because I heard Taxman playing from out of the kitchen this morning when I had to ask for a rag. If I have a chance for a conversation I’ll definitely ask for his favourite album… and mention an awesome,  little Beatles website out there on the world wide web. a-hard-days-night-john-6

The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

2 September 2017
3.12am
crazyyorkshireman
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
Forum Posts: 21
4791sp_Permalink sp_Print

sir walter raleigh said
I like to think B as well, however, when I have asked strangers for their favorite Beatles album, I typically get “oh there are too many good ones to choose from!” demonstrating their inability to name a single Beatles album. 

Although my French Professor asked me and I told him Revolver . He said Abbey Road .  

Almost everyone vaguely educated in music will know Abbey Road . Especially with the celebrations, Sgt Pepper I guess would pop up if you asked more people the same question.

So basically, in this day and age, if you ask anyone under the age of 40 what their favourite Beatles album is, they’ll probably say Abbey Road if they’re not a fan. 

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great album and fans will say it, but then, ask them their favourite song on the album and only a fan will know the answer to that! a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Back on topic.

Yesterday , I had 2 beatly moments.

I was walking on Whitby Pier yesterday with my brother, and we saw a family trying to get a photo of the sea. They wanted the kids to hold each other’s hands. The boy didn’t wanna do that, but the girl said ‘come on, I wanna hold your hand’

When I got home, I switched on the tv, and BBC 1 were doing a thing about rural isolation, and they spoke to a guy who loved alone. They started off the report with ‘Day after day, Alone on a hill’.

So many beatly moments!

The following people thank crazyyorkshireman for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug
3 September 2017
10.12am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4792sp_Permalink sp_Print

Watching a repeat of Channel 4 series 4 in a Bed, where 4 B&B owners stay at each others B&B’s and score their visits, and pay what they they think their stay was worth. One of the competitors in this series of episodes is an Irishman called Patrick who runs Epstein House in Liverpool, the former home of Brian’s grandparents, and a Beatles/Brian-themed B&B. They will be at Epstein House in the next episode, about fifteen minutes away.

Looking forward to it.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, sir walter raleigh, WeepingAtlasCedars, crazyyorkshireman, Flyingbrians

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

10 September 2017
2.52am
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
4793sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was at a Rolling Stones concert in Hamburg yesterday and when Mick Jagger greated the audience he said:

Hello everyone, it’s so nice to be here in Hamburg. Some good friends from Liverpool have told me that Hamburg is the perfect place to start one’s career, so here we are.

The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, sir walter raleigh, WeepingAtlasCedars, Necko, Zig

10 September 2017
5.26am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
4794sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hope you enjoyed the concert, @Martha! a-hard-days-night-george-10

I just saw this advert at the bottom of my page:

Screenshot_2017-09-10-11-18-16_kindlephoto-2480472.jpgImage Enlarger

Now, where have I seen that logo before? ahdn_paul_01

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Martha, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

10 September 2017
9.13pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
4795sp_Permalink sp_Print

At school, I saw a kid with a Beatles shirt. Then another with a Ringo shirt. And then another that looked almost exactly like Sean, complete with granny glasses! Wow. ahdn_paul_01

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, crazyyorkshireman

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

11 September 2017
8.55pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
4796sp_Permalink sp_Print

So, last night at the 3rd of 7 consecutive soundchecks for my big concert this Saturday, the topic of Paul is Dead came up. I can’t remember how.

So, for 20 minutes while waiting to play, I regaled them with some facts about it. They are hoping and expecting a full thesis tonight!

I talked about I’m So Tired , and then about how Paul wasn’t in the country when he was supposed to have died. They were appropriately interested, and wanted more. Any ideas as for the best ‘clues’?

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

12 September 2017
12.35am
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
4797sp_Permalink sp_Print

My ‘favourite’ PID clue (because it’s so utterly stupid) is the following:

When you put a mirror in the middle of the line on the drum on the front cover of the Sgt Pepper ‘s album you get:

pid_HeDie.jpgImage Enlarger

(I One I X He ^Die)

Which stands for I+One+I=3 (3 Beatles without Paul) and He^Die where the arrow points in Paul’s direction. That’s the stupidest but also the coolest clue I know.

Maybe you could show them some of the songs which supposedly contain clues to emphasise your points *cough* turn them into Beatlemaniacs *cough*a-hard-days-night-george-10

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

12 September 2017
7.51am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
4798sp_Permalink sp_Print

CRAN… BERRY… SAUCE! (It legitimately sounds like I Buried Paul, though, really.)

Also, how could we forget the walrus (supposedly a symbol of the dead in some cultures) having been Paul? Then you’ll have to explain about I Am The Walrus and Glass Onion ! a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

12 September 2017
8.08am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
4799sp_Permalink sp_Print

Needlessly to say, they were quite dubious about all of these clues… They believe Paul didn’t die in 1966!a-hard-days-night-john-6

Thanks for the clues, they were very good to remind me that not all clues are just songs reversed!paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

aus-flag-v-small.png

12 September 2017
2.35pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
4800sp_Permalink sp_Print

My favorite clue is the lisense plate on the Abbey Road cover, and how when you reverse Its Johnny’s Birthday you hear “he never wore his shoes we all know he was dead.”

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694