Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
24 July 2017
2.28am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4741sp_Permalink sp_Print

Isn’t Downtown Abbey from the 20’s/30’s so how can it have a Beatles soundtrack? Is this one of those stupid things where they go British and then unable to think of anything else go Beatles despite the stupidity of such a decision?

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

24 July 2017
4.41am
Flyingbrians
Robin Hood Country
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 363
4742sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was in Norwich at the weekend and spotted this on a wall…

IMG_12423.jpgImage Enlarger

It’s on the site of a John Lewis department store.

I had the song in my head for the rest of the dayjohn-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank Flyingbrians for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Martha, SgtPeppersBulldog, sir walter raleigh, Beatlebug, BeatleSnut, never wears a mac, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, GardeningOctopus

"And life flows on within you and without you" - George Harrison

24 July 2017
7.04am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22238
4743sp_Permalink sp_Print

Love that, @Flyingbrians heart Thanks for sharing the picture with us.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Martha, Flyingbrians
24 July 2017
7.45am
Flyingbrians
Robin Hood Country
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 363

Ahhh Girl said
Love that, @Flyingbrians heart Thanks for sharing the picture with us.  

No problem, I should probably add that the site looks like the below in modern times. Just in case anyone wanted to find it!

The plaque is near the bottom left. 

Image Enlarger

The following people thank Flyingbrians for this post:

Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, Martha, WeepingAtlasCedars

"And life flows on within you and without you" - George Harrison

24 July 2017
6.25pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
4745sp_Permalink sp_Print

I turn on the radio to the riff on Something . I was hoping it was the beginning, but it was the end. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

24 July 2017
6.35pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
4746sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry that had to happen to you, hopefully next time you can listen to Something all the way through with George’s Gibson Les Paul, Paul’s bass, Ringo’s drums, John’s rhythm guitar, and organ from session musician Billy Preston.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

sir walter raleigh, William Shears Campbell, SgtPeppersBulldog

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

25 July 2017
8.36am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4747sp_Permalink sp_Print

The other day I heard ‘Imagine ‘ in a shopping centre which was alright and then I walked into a china shop…..and ‘What Goes On ‘ started playing- now that’s one you don’t hear often! 

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Martha, Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, Dark Overlord, meanmistermustard, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, BeatleSnut, WeepingAtlasCedars, GardeningOctopus

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

25 July 2017
8.37pm
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1477
4748sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was walking in a 4th of July parade, and while I was walking, someone came up to me and must’ve recognized me (which surprised me, as I was wearing a giant cowboy hat and sunglasses, making my entire face practically covered) from going to a Beatles tribute concert almost a year ago. She was also wearing a Beatles shirt, which is how I was probably even able to make the connection, and the fact that I think she said the towns name that the concert was in (Abbington).

26 July 2017
1.08am
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
4749sp_Permalink sp_Print

There was a live band at this outdoor shopping center, and they played Ticket To Ride .

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

26 July 2017
3.44am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
4750sp_Permalink sp_Print

From music camp (in no particular order):

-I was jamming in my free time, and our bass player complained about having blisters on his fingers, and I showed him my fingers, then yelled ‘I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!!!!!!’

-The euphonium player said he had Rubber Soul and the White Album on his iPod, and thus knew the song ‘The Word ‘ (more on why later), yet my band teacher didn’t know it (he’s the one who’s also obsessed with the Beatles…).

-A bass player said ‘Why would anyone like the Beatles? They’re on the old people radio!’, to which I replied ‘Because they’re the most successful band ever.’ My band teacher backed me up too!

-The guitar ensemble collaborated with the vocal ensemble for 2 songs (which they sight-read), and they were Billie Jean, and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds . The guitar ensemble teacher said it was for the anniversary of one of the most famous albums ever, but I didn’t care what the reason was!

-Also when I was jamming, the keyboardist and I played Hey Bulldog for a friend, as we’ve been practicing it a fair bit (not my idea to do it, either). 

-Now, for the longest one. In my band, we’ve already got the Beatles medley that I arranged, but we were given another medley! This one was of LOVE (Because , Drive My Car , What You’re Doing , The Word (thus point 2), Eleanor Rigby , Hey Jude (which is, coincidentally, a french horn solo…), and Sgt. Pepper ‘s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)). I was in heaven! Unfortunately, hardly anyone knew the tracks. Everyone knew Hey Jude , and half knew Eleanor Rigby , but apart from that, hardly anyone knew any of the other tracks. 

-During a sectional rehearsal, two four of us were getting our head around Drive My Car when our band conductor came in to see how we were going, and someone said they haven’t heard Drive My Car . I pulled my phone out to play it to him, and my band leader said ‘Don’t get him started on the Beatles. Listen to it in your own time!’ I found that very funny!

And a side note: I found out that my band conductor lives in the same suburb as @Elementary Penguin. And is roughly the same age, as well as the same gender. Coincidence? Or the same person?a-hard-days-night-george-4

So, I really enjoyed camp, even if I couldn’t be here during it!

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Martha, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, sir walter raleigh, Ahhh Girl, Dark Overlord, WeepingAtlasCedars, Elementary Penguin

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

26 July 2017
4.21pm
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1277
4751sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^Your BMpD* values are very good, I have to say!a-hard-days-night-john-6

*Beatley Moments per Day

Today, I had such a heartwarming Beatley moment that I’m still elated although it’s already hours ago:

I sat in the library again and flicked through the July’s issue of the Rolling Stones magazine when I heard a woman with her little daughter mentioning the Beatles. They stood at the computer with which one can look up where specific books or Cds are. And when the little girl asked her mother what theyweree looking for the mother answered ‘The Beatles’. Then the child asked who they were and her mother answered: ‘I didn’t know it either a few weeks ago’. I think, she wanted to say something more but then she discovered that the computer was broken and so she couldn’t find out where the Beatles section was. Because there was no one else around and she looked so helpless I asked here whether I could help her. She said she wanted something about the Beatles to show it to her children. 

So we spent the next 30 minutes together walking through the Cd section, the books section, and the DVD section. I talked as much as I haven’t talked in ages (okay, to be precise since I gave the presentation about Sgt Pepper ‘s last week where I exceeded the time limit by 20 minutes 😉 ) because she kept asking me questions about which album to start with and which movies are appropriate for kids and also about trivia. It was so nice because I normally have my troubles with speaking with strangers but she was so interested in the Beatles that I couldn’t help talking about them. In the end, she left the library with A Hard Day’s Night , Rubber Soul , Sgt Pepper ‘s Lonely Hearts Club Band, Abbey Road , The Red and Blue Album , the movie Yellow Submarine , a children’s songbook with Beatles songs, a picture book, and my email address in case she has more questions ( I know, I know don’t give your address to strangers and everything…). 

And as if this wasn’t nice enough, in the evening Help ! came on the radio and this was the very first time I’ve heard a Beatles song io German radio which was the reason for me dancing through the house and singing along to Help ! Ah, what a great day!a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank Martha for this post:

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, sir walter raleigh, Dark Overlord, AppleScruffJunior, Flyingbrians, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars, GardeningOctopus

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

26 July 2017
4.33pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
4752sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good work you have done today, @Martha. john-lennon-salute_gif

My mum made me go swimming… a-hard-days-night-paul-3 but my friend came along and they played a bunch of good music, so it wasn’t so bad. When we walked in, Day Tripper , followed by ‘Wish You Were Here’, and then later we also heard ‘Comfortably Numb’ and Hey Jude , Get Back , and ‘If 6 Was 9’. paul-mccartney-thumb_gifpaul-mccartney-thumb_gifpaul-mccartney-thumb_gifpaul-mccartney-thumb_gif

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Martha, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

26 July 2017
6.15pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22238
4753sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Beatles : Helping People Make Connections for Over 50 Years

Sweet story, @Martha.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Martha, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars
26 July 2017
6.57pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
4754sp_Permalink sp_Print

What a nice story @Martha and the best part is that they took so much Beatles stuff out of the library that it makes me wonder, was there any Beatles stuff that she didn’t take out.

Martha

27 July 2017
6.43am
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1277
4755sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dark Overlord said
What a nice story @Martha and the best part is that they took so much Beatles stuff out of the library that it makes me wonder, was there any Beatles stuff that she didn’t take out.  

Haha, don’t worry Dark Overlord, there is still plenty of Beatles stuff there to borrow! Even though I’m probably the library’s most loyal Beatles things borrower I’m still not through all the stuff yet.a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Martha for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl, Dark Overlord, WeepingAtlasCedars

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

28 July 2017
6.39am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
4756sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was exploring a website my music teacher showed me that plays you a song from a particular country form a particular decade, and of course eventually I chose UK, 1960s… and I got:

radiooooo.pngImage Enlarger

Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey (‘weird’ setting turned on)

(A side note: while writing this post, I decided to go back on the website in the hope of finding something different, and what do I get?

radiooooo2.JPGImage Enlarger

Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da, ‘weird’ setting turned off)

Flyingbrians, Ahhh Girl, Martha, natureaker, SgtPeppersBulldog, Dark Overlord, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

28 July 2017
11.38am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157

Looks like a fun website, @The Hole Got Fixed! I’m trying to discover foreign artists from the 60s and 70s, so I could find some things here! paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

EDIT: Woah! Just put the ‘weird’ filter on 1960s Great Britain and got Revolution 9 ! They have a liking for the White Album I see (unless that’s the only one Apple allowed them to use).

EDIT 2: Nope. I just turned on the fast filter and got Hello Goodbye and Come Together ! George’s Simply Shady is on the 70s filter and Paul’s Temporary Secretary is on the 80s filter BTW!a-hard-days-night-george-9

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

28 July 2017
11.42am
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
4758sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think this shows that you can’t say 1960’s without saying The Beatles.

SgtPeppersBulldog

30 July 2017
11.56pm
Elementary Penguin
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1008
4759sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said
From music camp (in no particular order):

And a side note: I found out that my band conductor lives in the same suburb as @Elementary Penguin. And is roughly the same age, as well as the same gender. Coincidence? Or the same person?a-hard-days-night-george-4

So, I really enjoyed camp, even if I couldn’t be here during it!  

Not me I’m afraid but it would be awesome to be a band conductor. Glad you had fun though. 

The following people thank Elementary Penguin for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

And in the end the lunch you take is equal to the lunch you bake.

1 August 2017
4.17pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
4760sp_Permalink sp_Print

Due to Australia’s maritial laws, my uncle is going to get married in Gibraltar. A very calculated move, apparently (they both quite like the Beatles)! The Hole Got Happy…

Dark Overlord, SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl, Martha, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, GardeningOctopus

aus-flag-v-small.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: KyleKartan
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22238, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694