Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
21 April 2017
10.32am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4541sp_Permalink sp_Print

My heart is happy to see schools keeping Beatles music alive. heart

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars, sir walter raleigh, Martha, The Hole Got Fixed
23 April 2017
9.29pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
4542sp_Permalink sp_Print

I went to a guitar shop today and saw some Beatles picks.

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

24 April 2017
5.37am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

In the Chicago airport I heard Come Together wafting out of a restaurant. Luckily, there was a store right next door that Ohhh Boy wanted to look in so I could stay in the hall and listen to the rest of the song. a-hard-days-night-george-4 Then we walked by a player piano with Something playing.

The very lively pub we ate in last night played Beatles and solo Beatles 90% of the time we were eating. paul-mccartney-thumb_gif I *almost* told Ohhh Boy and Ahhh Mom to go on the guided tour of Buckingham Palace without me.

WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug
24 April 2017
5.43am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
4544sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s so cool! A restaurant with Beatles music playing!a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

That reminded me… in the shop where I saw the Maxwell’s Silver Hammer wine, on the shop radio came Come Together

There’s sure been a surge in Beatley Moments recently, hasn’t there?

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

24 April 2017
10.48am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
4545sp_Permalink sp_Print

For the assignment in composition in music today, I tried my hand at laying down the bassline and chords for my own piece (on a computer programme called Reason) that will be assessed later this year. I had the tab on the computer with the different bass sound types open in the background and couldn’t decide what one to have. Then at the last minute, I saw one of the sounds was called “MACCA Beatle Bass”! I just about filled two bars (I think ahdn_paul_01) with it before I had to log off.

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Martha, sir walter raleigh, The Hole Got Fixed, Dark Overlord, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

24 April 2017
5.20pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
4546sp_Permalink sp_Print

SgtPeppersBulldog said
Then at the last minute, I saw one of the sounds was called “MACCA Beatle Bass”! I just about filled two bars (I think ahdn_paul_01) with it before I had to log off.  

I hope you can work on that some more! I need to have a look at that program… You’re very lucky!

SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

25 April 2017
6.54am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4547sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty and I just popped into pub in Sevenoaks before heading to Knole Park. I am sitting across from this lovely picture:

20170425_124802.jpgImage Enlarger

Necko, WeepingAtlasCedars, SgtPeppersBulldog, The Hole Got Fixed, Martha, Dark Overlord, Beatlebug
26 April 2017
3.14pm
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1277
4548sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Ahhh Girl said
My heart is happy to see schools keeping Beatles music alive. heart  

It’s just too great to see your heart happy so here is another Beatley moment from a Beatley day. 

Our topic in this term in music is ‘Masterpieces’ and my incredible music teacher, the one that turned me into a Beatles fan, has chosen Pet Sounds and Sgt Pepper ‘s Lonely Hearts Club Band as two masterpieces!beatlemaniacs_02_gifheart

So we will be covering The Beatles and The Beach Boys and these two fantastic albums until summer holidays, what else do you need to be happy? 

But the best thing about this day was certainly my friend’s reaction to the lesson. She, who listens to jazz all the time and thinks rock music is unsophisticated and not particularly musically interesting, has finally admitted some of the Beatles’ and Beach Boys ‘ work is actually quite genius. It came really Out Of The Blue and she even wants to listen to more! Now I feel elated, maybe she will grow into a Beatles fan?!

The following people thank Martha for this post:

Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, The Hole Got Fixed, Dark Overlord, WeepingAtlasCedars

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

26 April 2017
3.50pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Ron Nasty and I walked into a pub. I picked a table. Then I looked up to see this on the wall over the table:

20170426_163056.jpgImage Enlarger

My extra Beatles-sensory perception must have kicked in and led me to that table. paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

Martha, Dark Overlord, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug
26 April 2017
4.05pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
4550sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is it just me or are you in the UK right now Ahhh Girl, either that or Ron Nasty is visiting you here in the states, interesting how BBers will travel to different countries just to see other BBers.

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

26 April 2017
4.13pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4551sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ AG is in London visiting RN, although there is much more to see in London than just RN (even though I’m sure he is on ‘TripAdvisor’s Top 10 Things To See’ in London list as well).

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

sir walter raleigh, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

26 April 2017
4.42pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
4552sp_Permalink sp_Print

Martha said

Our topic in this term in music is ‘Masterpieces’ and my incredible music teacher, the one that turned me into a Beatles fan, has chosen Pet Sounds and Sgt Pepper ‘s Lonely Hearts Club Band as two masterpieces!beatlemaniacs_02_gifheart

I’m moving to Germany. That’s awesome! Two incredible albums!

So we will be covering The Beatles and The Beach Boys and these two fantastic albums until summer holidays, what else do you need to be happy? 

To do Revolver as well! 

Ahhh Girl, Martha, Beatlebug

aus-flag-v-small.png

26 April 2017
4.49pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777
4553sp_Permalink sp_Print

Martha said

It’s just too great to see your heart happy so here is another Beatley moment from a Beatley day. 

But the best thing about this day was certainly my friend’s reaction to the lesson. She, who listens to jazz all the time and thinks rock music is unsophisticated and not particularly musically interesting, has finally admitted some of the Beatles’ and Beach Boys ‘ work is actually quite genius. It came really Out Of The Blue and she even wants to listen to more! Now I feel elated, maybe she will grow into a Beatles fan?!  

Or a Beach Boys fan. If you listen to Pet Sounds and can’t respect the sophistication of the music you need to see someone. @Martha is living the dream. I would have killed for a unit like that. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

Martha, Beatlebug

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

26 April 2017
5.13pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
4554sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Ditto!

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

Martha

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

27 April 2017
8.41am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4555sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Mom, Ohhh Boy, and I have left the UK. Now we are in Paris. Wonder what Beatley moments await me here?

Oh, yeah, one more from London….We were in the Tube/Underground. RN told me to look over at the name on a lady’s shopping bag…Stella McCartney.

SgtPeppersBulldog, Martha, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug
27 April 2017
8.57am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4556sp_Permalink sp_Print

You’re forgetting the busker who started playing Here Comes The Sun  within seconds of us emerging from Bond Street tube station, @Ahhh Girl.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Martha, WeepingAtlasCedars, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

28 April 2017
1.11am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4557sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Dark Overlord said
Is it just me or are you in the UK right now Ahhh Girl, either that or Ron Nasty is visiting you here in the states, interesting how BBers will travel to different countries just to see other BBers.  

@Ahhh Girl, Ohhh Boy and Ahhh Mom are on a three-week holiday visiting several European countries. They spent their first four days of the trip in London, and I joined them for a couple of days (we met up for dinner on Monday evening and I went home after we’d had dinner on Wednesday evening).

It has been the third trip AG has made to the UK since April 2015.

None of her visits have been “just to see other BBers”.

Her interest in The Beatles has given her the desire to visit those places associated to them, and the most important of those just happen to be in London and Liverpool. That she gets to meet various Forumpudlians along the way is just an added bonus for her.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

28 April 2017
1.40am
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
4558sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry about that, I thought she went to the UK to visit you, didn’t know it was for other reasons, I assumed she just came over to your house, sat with you at your coffee table while you discussed Beatles related stuff like who played the solo on Hey Bulldog and maybe also talked about politics and other things while at the same time bragging about your coffee table book collection while enjoying a nice cup of tea, then maybe went for a stroll along the park, then maybe rented a movie that you watched together, probably something like Schindler’s List because you seem to have in interest in history, and then Ahhh Girl slept in your guest bedroom. I sure do suck at making assumptions, I hope I didn’t make you out to look like a total bore in this post Ron Nasty, I’m just explaining what I assumed you and Ahhh Girl did together during her visits before I read your post.

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

28 April 2017
1.56am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4559sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
You’re forgetting the busker who started playing Here Comes The Sun  within seconds of us emerging from Bond Street tube station, @Ahhh Girl.  

Thanks for posting that one, RN. I put some coins in that guy’s instrument box.

28 April 2017
9.51am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
4560sp_Permalink sp_Print

A friend passed on that today’s tshirt at Shirt.Woot is Yellow Submarine /Star Wars inspired: 

e876368d-e0a4-4dfb-849d-a4d302824a37.pngImage Enlarger

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Necko, Beatlebug

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690