Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
28 March 2017
10.04am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4501sp_Permalink sp_Print

Travel to a place called Tarbet, wonder into a random hotel bar, my brain tunes into what sounds a very familiar guitar sound. It’s George playing at the beginning of ‘Something ‘. 

The Beatles have a strange way if appearing randomly in my life. My last two jobs have both had Beatles items on show despite having nothing to do with them. Might be daft thinking but i now choose to see it as a sign of being in the right place. heart

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Martha, WeepingAtlasCedars, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, GardeningOctopus, ewe2, Zig

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

28 March 2017
3.20pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
4502sp_Permalink sp_Print

SgtPeppersBulldog said
I might have misheard, but I think the teacher said we are doing a Beatles unit in music next term! beatlemaniacs_02_gif  

If you are, I wish to be informed of Every Little Thing in the unit!

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

28 March 2017
4.33pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
4503sp_Permalink sp_Print

We have briefly covered The Beatles in music lesson before, usually when we have to discuss 60s music. About two years ago, we were made to describe Love Me Do as a quick activity, and a few months back (on two occasions mind you) one cover teacher played Can’t Buy Me Love and Tomorrow Never Knows , and another played In My Life from YouTube. The latter occasion pretty much happened like this:

Me: This is great! a-hard-days-night-john-6

Everyone else in the class: This is boring. Let’s sing over it and piss Peppdog off! a-hard-days-night-paul-3

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug, William Shears Campbell, Martha

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

29 March 2017
9.33pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181

I was paging through a random book at the library. I was looking at a photo, happened to look at the photo credit (which I almost never do), and it was a photo taken by Mary McCartney.

Funny, that… a-hard-days-night-paul-8

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, William Shears Campbell, Ahhh Girl, Martha, SgtPeppersBulldog

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

30 March 2017
3.19pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

I have quite a few from the past month or so that I just never bothered to write:

In accounting, we were weighing up relevant costs of projects, one of them included hiring a G.Harrison as a gardener….hmmmm a-hard-days-night-paul-7.

I was watching a video on the Irish language (?) I think and the commentator randomly mentioned John, Paul, George and Ringo…cool I guess.

And lastly, today I was reading a Doctor Who novel ‘The Stone Rose’* because I’ve been very tired lately and can’t read massive tomes like I usually do. In this one Rose and The Doctor go back in time to Ancient Rome and The Doctor finds himself trapped with 4 prisoners. He never asks them their names but instead nicknames them John, Paul, George and Ringo. (Unfortunately John and Paul die in a gladiator style battle…but George and Ringo survive so yay a-hard-days-night-paul-10).

*I won’t post this in the Pet Peeves thread because this is a Beatles’ forum and not a DW one but the epub I downloaded didn’t have the cover attached to it. I thought the entire time it was about the Ninth Doctor and Rose i.e. these two

Image Enlarger

But it actually turned out to be Ten and Rose

Image Enlarger

The way the writing was I had no idea it wasn’t Nine, I thought the speech patterns and everything suited Nine instead of Ten, so now I’m going to have to change it in my mind that it’s Ten now. The only line I thought was a bit weird was that ‘The Doctor had a smile that could even move statues’ (it relates to the story I swear) but apart from that I was convinced it was Nine.

Ah well it’s good enough for what it is!

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

31 March 2017
5.38am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025
4506sp_Permalink sp_Print

Went to see a movie today. The previews start up and suddenly Because rings out. It’s a trailer for Valerian and the City of a thousand Planets. Then it stops at the ahhhhs. And repeats them. And repeats them. And repeats….aargh, you just lost a potential viewer because you murdered a Beatles song. a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

Zig, William Shears Campbell, Martha, Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

31 March 2017
5.10pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
4507sp_Permalink sp_Print

For once I was not the person in the room wearing a Beatles T-shirt; I was wearing my Pink Floyd shirt and the drummer had a Beatles tee. ahdn_paul_01

Apparently it was from The Beatles Story in Liverpool, and I got a book (companion to this film) about John packaged in the bag the shirt came in, so I am now the proud owner of a plastic bag from Liverpool. a-hard-days-night-paul-10

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

1 April 2017
9.22pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
4508sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was watching a tv show, and long story short, a girl found out that the guy she was dating was married. They were supposed to go on what he told her was a business trip, and he said he needed her to be his “secretary” temporarily. a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

6 April 2017
2.39pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4509sp_Permalink sp_Print

Heartbeat (?) was playing The Fool On The Hill a second ago…ooph I wonder how much that cost ’em. 

SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

6 April 2017
4.56pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
4510sp_Permalink sp_Print

Saw this boat in National Harbor, Maryland.
20170404_123622.jpgImage Enlarger

There is a restaurant in National Harbor called The Walrus Oyster & Ale House. They had this line from Lewis Carroll on the wall outside: “O Oysters, come and walk with us!” I thought of how much John loved Lewis and word play.

When we got in the shuttle to go to the hotel, I could hear I Saw Her Standing There . I don’t know if it was coming from another vehicle or from airport speakers. Whatever…it was, “Hello, DC.” Then as soon as we entered the airport to fly home, We Can Work It Out was playing on the airport speakers. “Goodbye, DC.”

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, Martha
8 April 2017
6.16pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4511sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was looking through the runners and riders for today’s Grand National at Aintree Racecourse (the Aintree Iron, thank U very much!) in Liverpool in this morning’s paper.

There was a horse running called One For Arthur. I sketched a George moptop above the name, being amused.

I should have placed a bet instead, even though I’m no gambling man, as it won at 14-1!

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

8 April 2017
6.25pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
4512sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
I was looking through the runners and riders for today’s Grand National at Aintree Racecourse (the Aintree Iron, thank U very much!) in Liverpool in this morning’s paper.

There was a horse running called One For Arthur. I sketched a George moptop above the name, being amused.

I should have placed a bet instead, even though I’m no gambling man, as it won at 14-1!  

Doesn’t George look so funny on Beatles For Sale with Arthur? Mop tops are worth doodling. They are cute!!

That reminds me… One of my friends’ mother was going to place a $100 bet on a horse because it had a female jockey. Odds of 100-1. She didn’t bet, and the horse won. 

*ahem* staying on topic, Holey!

I was at a shop yesterday, and over the radio came Eleanor Rigby

SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

8 April 2017
6.46pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
4513sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said

That explains what I heard earlier. I was in the kitchen trying to break open an easter egg ( a few days early or whatevera-hard-days-night-paul-8) when I just about heard on the telly in the other room the Beatles being mentioned and that John Lennon had something to do with The Grand National in 1970. Didn’t hear what it was though. 

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

8 April 2017
7.40pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
4514sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said

You used the nickname I gave you! I feel complete. a-hard-days-night-george-9

When we drove into a parking lot today, I thought that the paint on the side of the road said “Penny Lane ” instead of “Fire Lane”. Maybe only clean fire engines can park there.paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, The Hole Got Fixed, Martha, Ahhh Girl

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

10 April 2017
6.43pm
georgiewood
In my tree
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 792
4515sp_Permalink sp_Print

WeepingAtlasCedars said

The Hole Got Fixed said

You used the nickname I gave you! I feel complete. a-hard-days-night-george-9

When we drove into a parking lot today, I thought that the paint on the side of the road said “Penny Lane ” instead of “Fire Lane”. Maybe only clean fire engines can park there.paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif  

If they are clean machines. 

The following people thank georgiewood for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars

I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did'.
Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake, 1997

10 April 2017
6.47pm
georgiewood
In my tree
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 792
4516sp_Permalink sp_Print

Even in a small town in Florida where the average age of the residents is 121, you still can find avid fans. Notice the license plate?

IMG_0171.JPGImage Enlarger

The following people thank georgiewood for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did'.
Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake, 1997

14 April 2017
12.21am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
4517sp_Permalink sp_Print

I went down to the local Goodwill to pick up some music, movies, music, etc. and I came across this CD:

Image Enlarger

I like the Beatles and I like Looney Tunes, but not together. 

The following people thank Necko for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, GardeningOctopus

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

14 April 2017
1.09am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
4518sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was just playing pool with my uncle, and I pocketed the nine ball first, and he kept repeating ‘number nine’ over again. That’s a habit of his, but that made me feel warm and fuzzy!

WeepingAtlasCedars, SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, William Shears Campbell, sir walter raleigh

aus-flag-v-small.png

16 April 2017
5.52am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
4519sp_Permalink sp_Print

I can’t believe I forgot this!

In the paper this morning, while doing the quiz (family tradition), one of the questions was this:

Name the two Beatles LPs that start with the letter ‘R’.

I’m happy to say I got it correct!

Beatlebug, William Shears Campbell, WeepingAtlasCedars, Ahhh Girl

aus-flag-v-small.png

16 April 2017
5.59am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4520sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said

Name the two Beatles LPs that start with the letter ‘R’.

I’m happy to say I got it correct!  

I’m afraid dear THGF that we would have kicked you out of the forum if you didn’t get them.

I congratulate you on your continued stay here.

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, Ahhh Girl

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690