Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
17 September 2014
5.41pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3081sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul’s New (the song not the complete album) was on the local supermarket radio when i was in getting a red onion. 

The interest is in the detail.a-hard-days-night-john-3

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

17 September 2014
5.53pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22226
3082sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Paul’s New (the song not the complete album) was on the local supermarket radio when i was in getting a red onion. 

The interest is in the detail.a-hard-days-night-john-3

Glad it was an onion and not a package of hamburger meat. a-hard-days-night-john-5

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Mr. Kite
17 September 2014
7.53pm
Hey Jude !
BeatlesBible House, Nowhere Land
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 494
3083sp_Permalink sp_Print

So this is a quite embarrassing story but it’s funny 

So before i discovered Beatles, i had no idea how music was made i used to think that there were 3-4 guitars in a band (No bassist) and thought holding the guitar fret from up makes a different sound and from down it makes different  (didn’t know there were specific notes called chords) and every single guitarist holds guitar from different lengths to make desired music. 

When i first saw beatles i mean saw beatles performing live, i always said to myself that Ringo has got mics around his drums, Paul and John has got mics so when they sing their guitar sound is also amplified thru mics and aww poor George has no mic and is standing in center all alone, no one can hear him.

Stupid me didn’t know that guitars can be amplified with speakers and stuff and whenever i think of this i feel so stupid and dumb and sometimes i laugh 

17 September 2014
8.20pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3084sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey Jude ! said

So this is a quite embarrassing story but it’s funny 

So before i discovered Beatles, i had no idea how music was made i used to think that there were 3-4 guitars in a band (No bassist) and thought holding the guitar fret from up makes a different sound and from down it makes different  (didn’t know there were specific notes called chords) and every single guitarist holds guitar from different lengths to make desired music. 

When i first saw beatles i mean saw beatles performing live, i always said to myself that Ringo has got mics around his drums, Paul and John has got mics so when they sing their guitar sound is also amplified thru mics and aww poor George has no mic and is standing in center all alone, no one can hear him.

Stupid me didn’t know that guitars can be amplified with speakers and stuff and whenever i think of this i feel so stupid and dumb and sometimes i laugh 

See how the Beatles are making you smart. :-) Which reminds me of a confession I’ve been meaning to put in confessions thread.

17 September 2014
10.04pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
3085sp_Permalink sp_Print

I may just be going insane, but I’m sure a cart with a squeaky wheel at the store did the end part of the horn in Admiral Halsey !

Maybe this is for the hardcore (read: nuts) Beatle fan thread….

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Ahhh Girl, StrawberryFieldsForever, Bulldog

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

18 September 2014
5.22pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3086sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve been telling the members of my library group (the ones I’m leading in planning next year’s conference) that it will help me pay attention to their email if they put something Beatles-related into the email along with what it is they really need to tell me for the conference

This is what I just got from one of them

“You know the reason The Beatles made it so big?…’I Wanna Hold Your Hand.’ First single. F****** brilliant. Perhaps the most f****** brilliant song ever written. Because they nailed it. That’s what everyone wants. Not 24/7 hot wet sex. Not a marriage that lasts a hundred years. Not a Porsche…or a million-dollar crib. No. They wanna hold your hand. They have such a feeling that they can’t hide. Every single successful song of the past fifty years can be traced back to ‘I Wanna Hold Your Hand.’ And every single successful love story has those unbearable and unbearably exciting moments of hand-holding.”
? David Levithan, Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist

YES! I will be taking care of her lunch session, poster session, and display table. For sure. apple01heart

This is the note I sent out about our poster sessions:

Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite was inspired by John Lennon looking at an old circus poster. Who knows what will come of our poster sessions? :-)

Mr. Kite, Starr Shine?, Linde, Bulldog
18 September 2014
5.40pm
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
3087sp_Permalink sp_Print

Most amazing description of I Want To Hold Your Hand ever…

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

18 September 2014
5.50pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3088sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great description but any college lecturer would have to deduct points for writing “first single” without qualifying the statement.a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Bulldog, Zig

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

18 September 2014
7.10pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

My brother was at a kind-of opening day where representatives from colleges from all around Europe, Australia and New Zealand came to Dublin to try and get students to attend their colleges. I didn’t go because I couldn’t be bothered and my lovely brother brought me home a Liverpool Hope Undergraduate guide- I am so going to do this course 

I still have some Beatley-photos from France that I never bothered to put up here- I will get around to it one of these days.

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

19 September 2014
12.27am
C.R.A.
Land of the Rising Sun
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 509
3090sp_Permalink sp_Print

I work on an industrial complex.  There’s a security entrance gate and then about 50m down is a freshly painted crossing.

Four construction workers waiting for the pedestrian signal to stop traffic so they could cross.  They walked into the crosswalk single-file… one. behind. the. other.

I smiled all the way to work.

The following people thank C.R.A. for this post:

Bulldog, Ahhh Girl, StrawberryFieldsForever, parlance, Zig
19 September 2014
4.36pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
3091sp_Permalink sp_Print

Article/video on Tyler Ritter, one of John Ritter’s (“Three’s Company) sons, landing a role on a sitcom. He mentions that The Beatles were role models for the family.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

19 September 2014
8.08pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
3092sp_Permalink sp_Print

This probably belongs somewhere in the film category, but I don’t know where. There’s a trio of related films coming out called The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby . I haven’t yet found out why it’s called that.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

19 September 2014
10.59pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
3093sp_Permalink sp_Print

On Beauty and The Geek, during the elimination round, they were asked how many Beatles songs there are featuring women’s names in the title. That was cool.

19 September 2014
11.19pm
StrawberryFieldsForever
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 833
3094sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Linde said
On Beauty and The Geek, during the elimination round, they were asked how many Beatles songs there are featuring women’s names in the title. That was cool.

I always keep thinking about it too. And no two are same, each has her own personality!

20 September 2014
9.34pm
Bulldog
The Rhythm Revue
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1512

Today I went on a trip to a mountain in North Carolina, called Grandfather Mountain, which has this huge “Swinging Bridge” (it doesn’t really swing that much.) I wore my Let it Be shirt there. Anyway, after walking back across the bridge (there are a lot of photo ops on the other side), this lady asked me to take a few pictures of her with her phone and a real camera, so I did. She pointed out that she liked my shirt, then went on to say that she is going to Paul’s Atlanta concert on Oct. 15, the same one I’m going to!a-hard-days-night-paul-5

The following people thank Bulldog for this post:

Zig

If you're lonely (or not!), you can talk to me. .....Hey! Are you a new member on this fine forum and don't know where to go to introduce yourself?
Well, you can do it here! Dig it?

20 September 2014
10.02pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3096sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Mega cool and smile-worthy!

Bulldog
21 September 2014
7.57pm
thisbirdhasflown
Standing in the dock at Southhampton...
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1762
3097sp_Permalink sp_Print

Watching an episode of Phineas and Ferb with a seven year old, the dad is telling a story of “How I Caught Big Mouth Ramone”, basically fragments of a story that makes no sense. At one of the fragments, he says “I said to him, John, I love the tune, but the words “All You Need is a Phillip’s Head Screwdriver”, that just doesn’t really ring true, does it?” Basically, he was, for some weird reason, helping John write “All You Need Is Love “. But, he mentioned at the beginning the story took place in the 80s. WUT???

By hook or by crook, I'll be last in this book.

24 September 2014
6.23am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
3098sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was talking to one of my friends on the phone yesterday. Despite being pretty good friends we don’t talk about music too much. At random she asked what my favorite song was. I stopped for a minute. The first to hit my head was Strawberry Fields. She had never heard of it, but she knew who The Beatles were. I guess from me mentioning them before. Only song she knew was “I Want To Hold Your Hand “. Despite that, she gives them credit for what they did in the music industry. She heard of Paul McCartney . Again, probably from me talking. Long story short, we have agreed to introduce each others music. I went first with Strawberry Fields and gave her the lyrics to it too. She loves the lyrics to it. :D a-hard-days-night-john-1 

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

Bulldog
29 September 2014
11.01pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3099sp_Permalink sp_Print

Not one of mine but Olivia Harrison’s, taken from her interview with ‘The Times’ (Wednesday 24th September 2014):

“… I did a hike up Mount Picchu, just backpackers alone up the mountain, and two pan pipe players appeared playing ‘Hey Jude ‘. I sent it to Paul on my phone, he said: “Ah, you see: you can’t get away.”.”

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Ahhh Girl, parlance, StrawberryFieldsForever, Zig, Linde, TrippyFlower

30 September 2014
2.53pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
3100sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mr. Kite said

I may just be going insane, but I’m sure a cart with a squeaky wheel at the store did the end part of the horn in Admiral Halsey !

Maybe this is for the hardcore (read: nuts) Beatle fan thread….

If that was me, I would have been looking around excitedly saying, “Did you hear that? You heard that, right?!?!”. a-hard-days-night-paul-8

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22226, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694