Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
21 June 2014
12.49pm
StrawberryFieldsForever
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 833
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2901sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8hahahha, yeah <— reminded me of George a-hard-days-night-george-10

21 June 2014
12.50pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
2902sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

StrawberryFieldsForever said

I read in newspaper how Beatles nearly visited my country- they’ve never been here really paul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneyjust-yesterday at my internship place. It was a wonderful respite for me.a-hard-days-night-george-9

“Close, but no cigar.” Oooo, bad one, I know. Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

I’m gald hearing news about The Beatles brought you a little pick-me-up yesterday. a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

You should be gald. a-hard-days-night-george-10

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

21 June 2014
1.02pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198

WETSRoosa said

Ahhh Girl said

I read in newspaper how Beatles nearly visited my country- they’ve never been here really paul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneyjust-yesterday at my internship place. It was a wonderful respite for me.a-hard-days-night-george-9

“Close, but no cigar.” Oooo, bad one, I know. Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

I’m gald hearing news about The Beatles brought you a little pick-me-up yesterday. a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

You should be gald. a-hard-days-night-george-10

Yep, SFF should be. And glad, too. :-)

21 June 2014
1.20pm
StrawberryFieldsForever
Shea Stadium
Members
2904sp_Permalink sp_Print

erm, is there anything I am missing here?a-hard-days-night-ringo-12

21 June 2014
2.34pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2905sp_Permalink sp_Print

erm, is there anything I am missing here?a-hard-days-night-ringo-12

I don’t think so. WETSroosa was just pointing out my typo.

21 June 2014
3.38pm
StrawberryFieldsForever
Shea Stadium
Members
2906sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh and I have an aunt I call (well have been calling her ever since I could talk) Mimi. Beatley moment for life a-hard-days-night-john-1.

24 June 2014
5.12pm
TheBeatlesJohn
Anywhere, cause I'm free as a bird
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 159

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum mods, please move it if it is
Also, I’m sure I read a thread with the same name as this one before, but I can’t find it? Please notify me if there is already a thread about this topic.

I have 80 songs on my iPhone, every one of them is a Beatles song. I always listen to them on the bus with my headphones in and on shuffle. However, once when I was listening to the end of ‘Twist And Shout ‘ I thought to myself “I keep expecting A Hard Day’s Night to play because I’m used to hearing AHDN come on after Twist And Shout on The Beatles Rock Band”. Guess which song suddenly played… that’s right, AHDN . :O ILLUMINATI (just kidding, no illuminati here)

Also, once I was thinking of the song ‘Any Time At All ‘ and it suddenly played

Has anyone else ever had any coincidences like this before?

Favourite band: The Beatles
Favourite song: Yesterday
Favourite album: Rubber Soul
Favourite member: Paul McCartney

24 June 2014
5.17pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 832
2908sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have nearly 200 Beatles songs on my iPod, including variations (Anthology, etc). Two songs in a row played both versions: And I Love Her and And Your Bird Can Sing . This sort of stuff happens a lot to me. I didn’t realise they were such big coincidences. And yes, I was on Shuffle, as always.

The following people thank MrMoonlight for this post:

TheBeatlesJohn, thisbirdhasflown
24 June 2014
5.58pm
thisbirdhasflown
Standing in the dock at Southhampton...
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1762
2909sp_Permalink sp_Print

MrMoonlight added
I have nearly 200 Beatles songs on my iPod, including variations (Anthology, etc). Two songs in a row played both versions: And I Love Her and And Your Bird Can Sing . This sort of stuff happens a lot to me. I didn’t realise they were such big coincidences. And yes, I was on Shuffle, as always.

Isn’t that why they created shuffle?

By hook or by crook, I'll be last in this book.

24 June 2014
7.23pm
Mimi
Left of greenland
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 480
2910sp_Permalink sp_Print

I met this person recently who kept saying

“the Grateful Dead are the best band ever.”

spoiler]I can’t believe I just typed that[/spoiler] 

But literally he would talk about why he was a deadhead and then sigh and say, “they..they are just the best band ever.” Then he asked me if I was into them and I politely said hell no, to which he gave me a knowing look and said “well, your a little young. It Won’t Be Long

We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians

24 June 2014
7.59pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

@TheBeatlesJohn, I think what you had was a Beatley moment so I moved the posts here. I think I found the other thread (just 3 posts) that you might have been thinking about. If I can move them in to this thread seamlessly, I will do so.

EDIT: I was able to move those three posts in to this thread (no date/time/continuing conversation issues). It is this post and the following 2: https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..98/#p84015

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

TheBeatlesJohn, Mimi
24 June 2014
9.04pm
WETSRoosa
Candlestick Park
Members

@Mimi I had an old co-worker back in my restaurant days who told anyone who listened that Megadeth was the best band ever, and he would get angry with anyone who disagreed with that line of thinking. I was in the break room with him one day when we had this new employee who was female. Keep that in mind. He asked her who her favorite band was. I forget her answer, but he shot back that Megadeth was the best band ever. Then- and I kid you not- he smacked her open hand across the face so hard that when she hit the floor, it sounded like someone dropped a sack of potatoes. While she was writhing on the ground (and me frozen in shock) he screamed “Megadeth is the f—— (rhymes with trucking) best, you dumbass ignorant whore!” Needless to say, the guy was fired seconds later.

24 June 2014
9.07pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111

Sheesh. Even if the new coworker had been a man that would have been beyond the pale. I’m sitting here gape-mouthed.

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Starr Shine?

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

24 June 2014
9.09pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
2914sp_Permalink sp_Print

Must have great fun having that guy around.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Starr Shine?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

25 June 2014
1.48am
Mimi
Left of greenland
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 480
2915sp_Permalink sp_Print

WETSRoosa said
@Mimi I had an old co-worker back in my restaurant days who told anyone who listened that Megadeth was the best band ever, and he would get angry with anyone who disagreed with that line of thinking. I was in the break room with him one day when we had this new employee who was female. Keep that in mind. He asked her who her favorite band was. I forget her answer, but he shot back that Megadeth was the best band ever. Then- and I kid you not- he smacked her open hand across the face so hard that when she hit the floor, it sounded like someone dropped a sack of potatoes. While she was writhing on the ground (and me frozen in shock) he screamed “Megadeth is the f—— (rhymes with trucking) best, you dumbass ignorant whore!” Needless to say, the guy was fired seconds later.

And I thought I knew what it was to be a die hard fan…

We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians

25 June 2014
1.51am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2916sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mimi said

WETSRoosa said

Theres a vast difference between a die-hard fan and a knuckle-dragging moron.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

parlance, Starr Shine?, thisbirdhasflown, Ahhh Girl

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

25 June 2014
3.29am
WETSRoosa
Candlestick Park
Members
2917sp_Permalink sp_Print

The sad thing is, that’s one of the cleaner stories I can tell on here. I have seen it all in the food service biz, more than I care to see.

25 June 2014
12.47pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
2918sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard complained

Mimi wondered

WETSRoosa told us

Theres a vast difference between a die-hard fan and a knuckle-dragging moron.

So true. And i don’t like Megadeth anyway. They screwed up “My Sweet Lord “. A reasonable die-hard fan wouldn’t smack people over the head. There are a lot of musical differences in my classroom but I never smack people on the head. That’s just ridiculous.

25 June 2014
12.55pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2919sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I didnt complain. When i complain it lasts for 5 minutes and usually involves either Apple, Hold Me Tight or Paul’s archive collection.a-hard-days-night-john-1

25 June 2014
1.01pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
2920sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard told me
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I didnt complain. When i complain it lasts for 5 minutes and usually involves either Apple, Hold Me Tight or Paul’s archive collection.a-hard-days-night-john-1

Oh. That’s different.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Sea Belt
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690