Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
29 May 2014
4.52pm
thisbirdhasflown
Standing in the dock at Southhampton...
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1762
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2781sp_Permalink sp_Print

Heard several covers of Beatles songs in adverts. Few years ago, heard a girly version of “Help !” for an HH Gregg radio advert. Also, not too long ago, saw a motorcycle ad with some guy’s version of “Come Together playing on the radio. And it’s not the full version. Always snippets of these songs. What do you think?paul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartney

By hook or by crook, I'll be last in this book.

29 May 2014
5.06pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2782sp_Permalink sp_Print

There’s always this Album top 100 thing on Ascension day on my favourite radio station, and usually there’s at least three Beatles albums. Last year The White Album was already gone, but this year we lost Abbey Road and Revolver too, so there’s only Sgt Pepper left on the list. It ended up on 18 though, so I guess that’s good. They play 2 songs off of every album, one hit and one good album track this time, so I guess they’ll play Lucy and ADITL.

I just can’t stand the fact that things like Macklemore, Bastille and Imagine Dragons made the list and we lost two Beatlesalbums, a Stones album and some other good stuff to that.

29 May 2014
5.21pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
2783sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
There’s always this Album top 100 thing on Ascension day on my favourite radio station, and usually there’s at least three Beatles albums. Last year The White Album was already gone, but this year we lost Abbey Road and Revolver too, so there’s only Sgt Pepper left on the list. It ended up on 18 though, so I guess that’s good. They play 2 songs off of every album, one hit and one good album track this time, so I guess they’ll play Lucy and ADITL.

I just can’t stand the fact that things like Macklemore, Bastille and Imagine Dragons made the list and we lost two Beatlesalbums, a Stones album and some other good stuff to that.

@Linde The problem is that there’s no motivation to sell good records anymore because effortless pop has taken mainstream. But let’s face the facts; in 50 years, who’s gonna remember Macklemore, Bastille, and Imagine Dragons?a-hard-days-night-ringo-4

29 May 2014
5.26pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
2784sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky999 said
Not exactly a good Beatley moment:  http://www.billboard.com/artic…..es-beatles

Beatles achievements are always being broken; Emeli Sande beat Please Please Me ‘s record of most consecutive weeks in the UK charts last year. If either of these two recent acts are getting any kind of recognition in 5 years never mind 50 I might resort to care.

And if you want to do a a-hard-days-night-paul-11 to Emeli PPM spent 30 weeks at number 1 whereas Our Version Of Events was #1 for only 10 weeks.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

thisbirdhasflown

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

29 May 2014
5.49pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
2785sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Sky999 said

Beatles achievements are always being broken; Emeli Sande beat Please Please Me ‘s record of most consecutive weeks in the UK charts last year. If either of these two recent acts are getting any kind of recognition in 5 years never mind 50 I might resort to care.

And if you want to do a a-hard-days-night-paul-11 to Emeli PPM spent 30 weeks at number 1 whereas Our Version Of Events was #1 for only 10 weeks.

My thought’s exactly, meanmistermustard. i flipped through the Guiness Book of World Records and didn’t really see that many Beatles records. It’s a shame!

29 May 2014
5.53pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2786sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky999 said

Iggy whats-her-face? Never heard of her :P

I don’t know whether I should be proud of that or not, I am still a teenager ahdn_paul_02

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

29 May 2014
5.59pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
2787sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

Sky999 said

Iggy whats-her-face? Never heard of her :P

I don’t know whether I should be proud of that or not, I am still a teenager ahdn_paul_02

By my book, you should be extremely proud of yourself! I believe they are referring to Iggy Pop but not sure! I don’t care about those musical acts and I’m a teenager too! This is awesome! Knuckles!a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

29 May 2014
6.15pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

Out of the Top 20 songs on the Irish charts at the moment-I know 4. I’m doing well!

Story-time: (For all who don’t know) Every summer I go to an Irish camp in the arse end of nowhere where I’m held against my will and forced to speak Irish for 3 weeks. Now- every time I go there they have a song contest, where every house has to a pick a tune to a popular song (generally current chart music) and put words in Irish into it. For the last two years I have unknowingly been singing songs by One Direction! That and every song I suggest we do (which are mainly rock classics) are turned down because nobody’s heard of them :(

Oh and here’s Knuckles since you were asking for him:

[Image Can Not Be Found]

29 May 2014
6.20pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2789sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ I am playing sonic adventure 2 right now what a coincidence!

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

29 May 2014
6.23pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

Annadog40 said
^ I am playing sonic adventure 2 right now what a coincidence!

Tails is the best!

I used to watch the cartoon when I was about 7, it was on before I went to school :)

29 May 2014
6.26pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2791sp_Permalink sp_Print

^Which one? 

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

29 May 2014
6.27pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
2792sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Out of the Top 20 songs on the Irish charts at the moment-I know 4. I’m doing well!

Story-time: (For all who don’t know) Every summer I go to an Irish camp in the arse end of nowhere where I’m held against my will and forced to speak Irish for 3 weeks. Now- every time I go there they have a song contest, where every house has to a pick a tune to a popular song (generally current chart music) and put words in Irish into it. For the last two years I have unknowingly been singing songs by One Direction! That and every song I suggest we do (which are mainly rock classics) are turned down because nobody’s heard of them :(

Oh and here’s Knuckles since you were asking for him:

[Image Can Not Be Found]

You know the kids in the dorm are just awful, right? Speaking Irish One Direction? Seriously? This is just ridiculous!ahdn_paul_01P.S. Awesome Knuckles! Have an apple!apple01a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

29 May 2014
6.29pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
2793sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said
^Which one? 

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog :)

I’ve only played Sonic once(?) though, I was always a Mario and Rayman girl!

29 May 2014
6.34pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
2794sp_Permalink sp_Print

@thisbirdhasflown  I’m going there next Tuesday again bleurgh.

Thanks for the apple!

29 May 2014
6.42pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
2795sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

Thanks for the apple!

Good luck! Hope they finally listen this time! As my suggestion, try She Loves You . If they were able to translate it to German, surely they can translate it to Irish!a-hard-days-night-john-6

29 May 2014
6.49pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

thisbirdhasflown said

AppleScruffJunior said

Thanks for the apple!

Good luck! Hope they finally listen this time! As my suggestion, try She Loves You . If they were able to translate it to German, surely they can translate it to Irish!a-hard-days-night-john-6

I wouldn’t mind it but I’m in charge of the little brats a-hard-days-night-george-10 (all of them are generally rich snobby conceited teenagers who look down on me for not wearing Hollister- there is a sad story about that, that I might tell one day). I always wear a Beatles shirt on the first day with the hope of finding a fellow hardcore fan, it hasn’t happened yet in the 2 years I’ve been a big Beatles fan but someday!

I’d probably get laughed at if I say ‘She Loves You ‘ maybe a riveting cover of ‘Wonderwall’ would inspire them

I said maybe…..

a-hard-days-night-george-10

29 May 2014
7.05pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
2797sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

thisbirdhasflown said

AppleScruffJunior said

Thanks for the apple!

I wouldn’t mind it but I’m in charge of the little brats a-hard-days-night-george-10 (all of them are generally rich snobby conceited teenagers who look down on me for not wearing Hollister- there is a sad story about that, that I might tell one day). I always wear a Beatles shirt on the first day with the hope of finding a fellow hardcore fan, it hasn’t happened yet in the 2 years I’ve been a big Beatles fan but someday!

I’d probably get laughed at if I say ‘She Loves You ‘ maybe a riveting cover of ‘Wonderwall’ would inspire them

I said maybe…..

a-hard-days-night-george-10

See, that’s how not interested in modern pop I am! I don’t know what Wonderwall is, and I’m proud of it!a-hard-days-night-john-6 If you want to tell the Hollister story, go ahead when you’re ready-I’m eager to hear it! I hope you do find a hardcore fan-maybe- who knows? Just keep looking!a-hard-days-night-john-3

29 May 2014
7.10pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
2798sp_Permalink sp_Print

Modern pop from 19 years ago :P It’s a song by my favourite band Oasis a-hard-days-night-george-10

I met a girl wearing a John t-shirt last year but she’d only listened to The Red Album so I couldn’t really talk full-force about The Beatles with her but ah well :)

29 May 2014
7.22pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members

AppleScruffJunior said
Modern pop from 19 years ago :P It’s a song by my favourite band Oasis a-hard-days-night-george-10

I met a girl wearing a John t-shirt last year but she’d only listened to The Red Album so I couldn’t really talk full-force about The Beatles with her but ah well :)

Yeah, it’s better than nothing! I’m surprised that sheknew about the Red Album since my first album I heard was 1 paul-mccartney(First real album was Sgt. Pepper but still)ahdn_george_05. As per Oasis, I can’t say I heard of them but you know me!a-hard-days-night-paul-11

P.S. After 8:00 forum time, I won’t be posting for at least 3 days so no responses then.a-hard-days-night-ringo-2Sorry.

29 May 2014
7.28pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
2800sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wonderwall could have been decent if a) it hasnt been played well past tolerance levels, b) the chorus wasn’t repeated to the point of overkill and c) Liam didn’t sing it.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22222, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694