Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
1 May 2014
9.05pm
Into the Sky with Diamonds
New York
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1979
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2681sp_Permalink sp_Print

Basketball commissioner Adam Silver has banned owner Sterling from the NBA.

It’s being referred to in the press as the “Silver Hammer”

"Into the Sky with Diamonds" (the Beatles and the Race to the Moon – a history)

1 May 2014
9.24pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456
2682sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve been following that story and can’t help loving the “Sterling”-“Silver” aspect!

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

Mr. Kite

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

1 May 2014
10.34pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
2683sp_Permalink sp_Print

Into the Sky with Diamonds said

Basketball commissioner Adam Silver has banned owner Sterling from the NBA.

It’s being referred to in the press as the “Silver Hammer”

I mentioned that a few posts up.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

1 May 2014
10.48pm
Into the Sky with Diamonds
New York
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1979
2684sp_Permalink sp_Print

@IveJustSeenAFaceo 

Sorry about that!

"Into the Sky with Diamonds" (the Beatles and the Race to the Moon – a history)

1 May 2014
10.49pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2685sp_Permalink sp_Print

No problem, just a heads up.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

2 May 2014
1.11am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
2686sp_Permalink sp_Print

For those who wonder about if Donald Sterling really had to be kicked out, this article pretty much explains it all…

http://grantland.com/features/…..ings-fold/

The following people thank WETSRoosa for this post:

parlance, IveJustSeenAFaceo

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

2 May 2014
1.25am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
2687sp_Permalink sp_Print

I heard the tape and read some of his previous comments, quite incredible someone could get away with some of the things he said. No doubt the only option was to banish him from the game and heavily pressure the shareholders of the Clippers to force thru the selling of the club – hopefully something can be done to stop the jerk from profiting from the sale.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

2 May 2014
3.34am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932

I hope you’re not using that horrid man as a Beatley moment!

But while we’re at it, I don’t think anyone mentioned, there’s a good chance the NBA Board of Governors will force him to sell the team.

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

2 May 2014
8.35pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2689sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

I heard the tape and read some of his previous comments, quite incredible someone could get away with some of the things he said. No doubt the only option was to banish him from the game and heavily pressure the shareholders of the Clippers to force thru the selling of the club – hopefully something can be done to stop the jerk from profiting from the sale.

Right! It’s hard to fathom making millions (billions?) as being a form of punishment.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

3 May 2014
12.05am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
2690sp_Permalink sp_Print

WETSRoosa said
For those who wonder about if Donald Sterling really had to be kicked out, this article pretty much explains it all…

http://grantland.com/features/…..ings-fold/

Not sure there are too many of those.

3 May 2014
1.06am
TheBeatlesJohn
Anywhere, cause I'm free as a bird
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 159
2691sp_Permalink sp_Print

Not sure I’ve had any of those… but I’ve had my iPod on shuffle and the song I was thinking of before it has come on quite a lot of times if that counts?

Also, one time Paul’s songs(the ones he solely sings) were playing continuesly, and I probably have an equal amount of Paul and John songs on my iPod (about 80 at the moment, I’ll add more on later)

Favourite band: The Beatles
Favourite song: Yesterday
Favourite album: Rubber Soul
Favourite member: Paul McCartney

3 May 2014
6.04pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
2692sp_Permalink sp_Print

Picking up a cd from a Glasgow library found they had the recent US A Hard Days Night and Hey Jude reissues so took out AHDN , dont remember Hey Jude having anything unique on it. 

I have all the songs and have heard it a number of times (via an itunes playlist) so why is this exciting? 

Madness, madness, they call it madness

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

4 May 2014
1.41am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
2693sp_Permalink sp_Print

Purchased the US version of Rubber Soul  as well as the Hey Jude album. Will listen to both at work this coming week.

Also, I haven’t mentioned this to anyone on here other than ISWD, largely because I’ve been afraid to jinx it, but I’ve got a special guest I will interview for Fab Files this coming Thursday. Only thing I will say about this person for right now is that this person was in the studio with the Beatles and recorded with them. That’s the only clue I will give out for now. More details to come…

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

4 May 2014
1.51am
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456
2694sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

meanmistermustard said

Right! It’s hard to fathom making millions (billions?) as being a form of punishment.

I think it’s bizarre (but symbolic I guess) that they chose to fine him AND force him to sell. Like, why should he bother to pay the fine – what’s the worst the League can do as punishment if he doesn’t pay if they’re already forcing him out? :|

Anyways, back on topic…watching the Ducks/Kings game an hour-or-so ago (now in between 2nd and 3rd periods) , gleefully noting the PA playing a scrap of “Tomorrow Never Knows ” during a stoppage in play.

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

4 May 2014
2.32am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2695sp_Permalink sp_Print

I watched the Music man and I head Till There Was You and had no idea that that song was from the music man

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

4 May 2014
3.59am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932

Von Bontee said

Zig said

meanmistermustard said

I think it’s bizarre (but symbolic I guess) that they chose to fine him AND force him to sell. Like, why should he bother to pay the fine – what’s the worst the League can do as punishment if he doesn’t pay if they’re already forcing him out? :|

Sorry to continue this off topic thread, I know all you Americans are sick of hearing about this.  However, the Huffington Post, which I believe to be a reliable source, has this article, with transcripts of the worst parts of the tape, where he calls his tenants the f bomb etc.  An elderly, half paralyzed, legally blind woman’s apartment flooded because of some repairs on the building.  She had repeatedly complained about water leaking from her refrigerator, her dishwasher was broken, the flat was always cold.  This from one of Sterling’s property managers.  Sterling’s reply to the property manager when told of the situation:  “Evict the b****”.  This guy is far worse than what was aired on tv/radio.  I’m terribly against the death penalty, but if ever one person deserved lynching (by an angry mob of African Americans and Mexican immigrants), he’d be it.

The following people thank Matt Busby for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

9 May 2014
5.24pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 550
2697sp_Permalink sp_Print

My Beatley moment this morning when driving my kids to school & listening to Beatles For Sale .  After listening quietly, my daughter asked me “why are they saying Eight Days A Week ?  There are only 7 days in a week”!  lol

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

9 May 2014
8.46pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2698sp_Permalink sp_Print

Huffington Post article: Turn Me On, Dead Man: The Beatles No. 9 Conspiracy Theory Lives!

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

10 May 2014
5.20pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2699sp_Permalink sp_Print

A cover of Revolution can be heard in the new Nissan commercial.

11 May 2014
6.55pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 832
2700sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had my hair cut the other day against my will. I went from 1966 John to 1963 John.

The following people thank MrMoonlight for this post:

Mr. Kite, Starr Shine?
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: LucyInTheSkyWithHackneyDiamonds
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694