Log In

Please consider registering
Guest

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Min search length: 3 characters / Max search length: 84 characters

Register Ranks

Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
RSS
Avatar
PennyLane
Sitting singing songs for everyone by the mountain stream
1206 Posts
(Offline)
241
11 February 2011 - 9.22pm

Joe and Zig deserve apple01apple01apple01 for their comments

 

oh John a-hard-days-night-john-1

 

*9*

Well we all shine on like the moon, the stars, and the sun.

Avatar
Nigel the good dog
Nowhere Land
732 Posts
(Offline)
242
11 February 2011 - 10.58pm

Shannon-MissBeatles said:

I was waiting at the Bus Stop this morning when a white van stopped at a red traffic light but on the side of this van it said "Road" in big letters so it was that word that stood out compared to the other words above it and then another one came behind it which said "Abbey". Both of them together made it "Abbey Road" :O a-hard-days-night-ringo-6


Woah? Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

My mind is far away, off in Pepperland…
I'm a girl, don't be confused by my name.
Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
6429 Posts
(Offline)
243
12 February 2011 - 1.46pm

Zig said:

 

Brilliant!!
 

I don't believe in cosines...

I don't believe in pi...

etc...


Joe said:

I don't believe in EQUALS.

 

I just believe in me.


The true Sign of Genius. Take A Bow, Why Don`t You.

 

*9* The Universe agrees.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

Avatar
Joe
Pepperland
4512 Posts
(Offline)
244
12 February 2011 - 2.07pm

After posting it I thought a better version was "I don't believe in equals, I just believe in \varphi \,

" - that's phi, the golden ratio.

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
6429 Posts
(Offline)
245
12 February 2011 - 2.12pm

Joe said:

After posting it I thought a better version was "I don't believe in equals, I just believe in \varphi \,

" - that's phi, the golden ratio.

Your First one is still better than anything I could have come up with.

Also, I love The Get Back/Let It Be stuff In the History section!!!!!!!!!!! Great Stuffapple01apple01apple01apple01apple01

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

Avatar
DontBeCheeky
A train and a room, and a car and a room, and a room and a room
6 Posts
(Offline)
246
14 February 2011 - 3.32am

I had to go to the orthodontist the other day to get a new braces
wire and other unpleasant things. My mom was complaining in the car
ride over about how expensive all of this braces stuff was. As soon as
I sat down in the chair, the "Beatle song of the day" came on the
radio, and it was... ~drumroll~ You Never Give Me Your Money.

And then all of the dental assistants and people started talking about how "Oh I think this is on the White Album."

"Is Paul McCartney a Beatle? I forget."

"No, stupid, Ringo's the one who got shot!"

They got mad at me cos I wouldn't stop correcting them and talking while they were trying to work on my braces...

Got stuck in America after I turned left at Greenland :/

Avatar
skye
AZ
2252 Posts
(Offline)
247
14 February 2011 - 3.34am

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Beatle fan hell.

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!

Avatar
StarWisher
1154 Posts
(Offline)
248
14 February 2011 - 3.39am

I have this image of people's fingers in your mouth and you're trying to correct them so it comes out all garbled until you can't take their ignorance any more and decide to bite down on someone's finger.

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." — Dr. Seuss

 

 

Avatar
Nigel the good dog
Nowhere Land
732 Posts
(Offline)
249
14 February 2011 - 4.08am

DontBeCheeky said:

I had to go to the orthodontist the other day to get a new braces
wire and other unpleasant things. My mom was complaining in the car
ride over about how expensive all of this braces stuff was. As soon as
I sat down in the chair, the "Beatle song of the day" came on the
radio, and it was... ~drumroll~ You Never Give Me Your Money.

And then all of the dental assistants and people started talking about how "Oh I think this is on the White Album."

"Is Paul McCartney a Beatle? I forget."

"No, stupid, Ringo's the one who got shot!"

They got mad at me cos I wouldn't stop correcting them and talking while they were trying to work on my braces...


Oh god, that would be the worst thing that could happen to a Beatles fan while getting their mouth worked on.

 

StarWisher said:

I have this image of people's fingers in your mouth and you're trying to correct them so it comes out all garbled until you can't take their ignorance any more and decide to bite down on someone's finger.


LOL

My mind is far away, off in Pepperland…
I'm a girl, don't be confused by my name.
Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
4618 Posts
(Offline)
250
17 February 2011 - 4.53am

Joe and Zig, that was brilliant!!

 

And that's the meaning of Beatle Hell... so true. a-hard-days-night-ringo-8

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

Avatar
Nigel the good dog
Nowhere Land
732 Posts
(Offline)
251
17 February 2011 - 4.57am

mithveaen said:

Joe and Zig, that was brilliant!!

 

And that's the meaning of Beatle Hell... so true. a-hard-days-night-ringo-8


I would've been dying after the first stupid question they asked.

My mind is far away, off in Pepperland…
I'm a girl, don't be confused by my name.
Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
4618 Posts
(Offline)
252
17 February 2011 - 5.11am

Ok I'm watching Jeopardy IBM Challenge (that's really awesome) and my first error was when the answer was Jude. I said "Julian Lennon"

 

And to be honest, my computer would be the same, since I listen to Beatles all the time... a-hard-days-night-paul-1

 

and captcha agrees.. 17!

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

Avatar
PennyLane
Sitting singing songs for everyone by the mountain stream
1206 Posts
(Offline)
253
17 February 2011 - 5.14am

Like I imagine hearing that conversation and like slumping in the chair all the way to the floor and questioning humanity. Someone would have been getting the death glare so hard.

Well we all shine on like the moon, the stars, and the sun.

Avatar
StarWisher
1154 Posts
(Offline)
254
17 February 2011 - 7.06am

I was listening to Pandora yesterday, and chose their indie rock station, and guess who shows up? Both Michelle and Cry Baby Cry are The Beatles indie-rock hits. Who knew?

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." — Dr. Seuss

 

 

Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
6429 Posts
(Offline)
255
17 February 2011 - 12.29pm

Michelle? Really? Who knew is right.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
2716 Posts
(Offline)
256
17 February 2011 - 6.03pm

skye said:

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Beatle fan hell.


One more reason not to go to hell. 

I seriously was cringing when I read that post. 

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

Avatar
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

8728 Posts
(Online)
257
17 February 2011 - 6.39pm

StarWisher said:

I have this image of people's fingers in your mouth and you're trying to correct them so it comes out all garbled until you can't take their ignorance any more and decide to bite down on someone's finger.


Yeah - something like this...

Dental Assistant: "Oh I think this is on the White Album."

DontBeCheeky: "Doe, doe, doe...Ooh Dever Div Ee Yaw oney id on Aggey oad  oo idiot!

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

Avatar
DontBeCheeky
A train and a room, and a car and a room, and a room and a room
6 Posts
(Offline)
258
18 February 2011 - 3.38am

Zig said:

StarWisher said:

I have this image of people's fingers in your mouth and you're trying to correct them so it comes out all garbled until you can't take their ignorance any more and decide to bite down on someone's finger.


Yeah - something like this...

Dental Assistant: "Oh I think this is on the White Album."

DontBeCheeky: "Doe, doe, doe...Ooh Dever Div Ee Yaw oney id on Aggey oad  oo idiot!

StarWisher and Zig: Haha!! See if I ever go back there again. Hmpf.

MeanMrs.Mustard: Maybe I shouldn't tell you the story of when my friend was certain that George wasn't actually a part of the group and Mick Jagger was the actual lead guitarist, or the one where some stupid kids at my school thought that the Beatles covered the Jonas Brothers song "Hello Goodbye".... a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

Got stuck in America after I turned left at Greenland :/

Avatar
Nigel the good dog
Nowhere Land
732 Posts
(Offline)
259
18 February 2011 - 3.50am

DontBeCheeky said:

some stupid kids at my school thought that the Beatles covered the Jonas Brothers song "Hello Goodbye".... a-hard-days-night-ringo-13


I was furious just reading that comment. I think if they even whispered that around me and I caught them, they would regret even being born. I think they would walk out of the school learning more about the Beatles from me than from all their subjects that day combined. How can they even think that?

My mind is far away, off in Pepperland…
I'm a girl, don't be confused by my name.
Avatar
StarWisher
1154 Posts
(Offline)
260
18 February 2011 - 3.55am

DontBeCheeky said:

Zig said:

StarWisher said:

I have this image of people's fingers in your mouth and you're trying to correct them so it comes out all garbled until you can't take their ignorance any more and decide to bite down on someone's finger.


Yeah - something like this...
 

Dental Assistant: "Oh I think this is on the White Album."

DontBeCheeky: "Doe, doe, doe...Ooh Dever Div Ee Yaw oney id on Aggey oad  oo idiot!

StarWisher and Zig: Haha!! See if I ever go back there again. Hmpf.

MeanMrs.Mustard: Maybe I shouldn't tell you the story of when my friend was certain that George wasn't actually a part of the group and Mick Jagger was the actual lead guitarist, or the one where some stupid kids at my school thought that the Beatles covered the Jonas Brothers song "Hello Goodbye".... a-hard-days-night-ringo-13


Damn, and so close to dinner time, too. a-hard-days-night-john-3 Hello? Anyone at home?

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." — Dr. Seuss

 

 

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Joe
Ellie

Moderators:
Ahhh Girl
meanmistermustard
Zig
Joe

Top Posters:

Starr Shine?: 12288

Silly Girl: 8623

parlance: 7065

mr. Sun king coming together: 6429

Mr. Kite: 6131

trcanberra: 5856

Ron Nasty: 5562

Necko: 5470

mithveaen: 4618

AppleScruffJunior: 4056

Newest Members:

Pauls Grandfather

Sean

markus567r

herseydenvar2

JohnBeatle

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 4013

Posts: 227929

 

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 3637

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Zig, Necko, meanmistermustard, Expert Textpert, Ahhh Girl, Sugarplum fairy, georgiewood, BeatleSnut, WeepingAtlasCedars, William Shears Campbell
78 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today: O Boogie
Upcoming: Amber1965