Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
8 January 2014
5.22pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2301sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said
Went grocery shopping and “Ever Present Past” was playing in the store. That was a first.

parlance

Cool awesomeness. Is it one of those stores with a cafe inside it? I’d be tempted go hang out in there to see what else they’d play.

8 January 2014
5.38pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2302sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

parlance said
Went grocery shopping and “Ever Present Past” was playing in the store. That was a first.

parlance

Cool awesomeness. Is it one of those stores with a cafe inside it? I’d be tempted go hang out in there to see what else they’d play.

This one didn’t. A cafe-less Ralph’s. Good thing I wasn’t with friends or I would have started enacting the video. ;-D

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

9 January 2014
6.10pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2303sp_Permalink sp_Print

Look what I get to catalog today

1548127_10151851179600779_969451506_o.jpgImage Enlarger

The cover image is lenticular.

The other image is

966141_10151851182530779_23477028_o.jpgImage Enlarger

It’s weird when you can see parts of both groups when the picture is changing. paul-mccartney

9 January 2014
10.01pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2304sp_Permalink sp_Print

ScrambledEggs said
I don’t think I’ve mentioned here that I’ve left my little home behind the moon for a three week holiday in Germany!

I’ve been playing and singing on the streets here, and as you can guess, every second of my songs is a Beatles song. Today was a fine day. An old man was listening carefully and singing along all through Help !. He gave me a good tip, too. And another man, who I barely noticed until he came up to speak to me, had been sitting near by with his dog for nearly half an hour. “Thank you so much for the Beatles show,” he said to me, with a small tear in his eye. 

I cannot even express my happiness.
The Beatles were pretty successful in this country; who knows, it might work for me as well.

This story makes me happy. Wow, so awesome.

11 January 2014
2.46am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
2305sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just remembered one from a month or two ago.

So, nhl.com always has a horrible pun for each headline on the main page. As you can see here: http://nhlhomepagepuns.tumblr.com/.

Anyway, about a month ago, there was a goalie named Josh Harding who was doing really well, and the headline was “A Hard Day’s Night

I’ll see if I can look through that site to find it.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

11 January 2014
10.33pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2306sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m at work cataloging a book on the lead-up to WWI. It has a chapter titled “Balkan helter-skelter.” That’s a darn good description of what was going on in that area of the world at the time.

11 January 2014
11.12pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2307sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
I’m at work cataloging a book on the lead-up to WWI. It has a chapter titled “Balkan helter-skelter.” That’s a darn good description of what was going on in that area of the world at the time.

Does it come with a soundtrack CD?  :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

11 January 2014
11.31pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2308sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

Ahhh Girl said

Does it come with a soundtrack CD?  :)

LOL. No. I don’t think I want to hear that many swear words in a foreign language while they were reaming one another out paul-mccartney. Of course, the book goes on to talk about the Archduke’s assassination. I got to go the the museum in Vienna that has the car he was riding in and the suit of clothes he was wearing. You can see the bullet holes. Just being in the presence of that piece of history was a spine-tingling experience.

12 January 2014
12.22am
Hey Jude
Hamburg College of Art
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
Forum Posts: 24
2309sp_Permalink sp_Print

When the entire other class came in while we were reading in class and started singing Hello Goodbye . I was one of the only people who knew the song. That part was sad.

We were talking about the people who hide themselves behind a wall of illusion.

12 January 2014
1.06am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2310sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey Jude said
When the entire other class came in while we were reading in class and started singing Hello Goodbye . I was one of the only people who knew the song. That part was sad.

Did the teacher of the other class teach them the song as a class project?

Are you friends with students in your class who recognized the song?

12 January 2014
10.40pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2311sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just watching the first episode of Hostages. After tripping the silent alarm, the wife had to give the security password to confirm it was accidental. The password was “Ringo Starr “!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

14 January 2014
5.21pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
2312sp_Permalink sp_Print

I read an article today in which the author said that it’s no longer true that our grandparents (or that age gap) witter on about WW2, but the Beatles because that’s ”what happened” in their generation. That made me feel a bit sad, to think that those screaming girls may now have grandchildren.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

14 January 2014
5.27pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

fabfouremily said
I read an article today in which the author said that it’s no longer true that our grandparents (or that age gap) witter on about WW2, but the Beatles because that’s ”what happened” in their generation. That made me feel a bit sad, to think that those screaming girls may now have grandchildren.

Wouldn’t it be sadder if they didn’t? A lot of us (not me) probably wouldn’t be here but for those screaming girls going on to have children and grandchildren.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

14 January 2014
5.33pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2314sp_Permalink sp_Print

Do you mean if they didn’t have children and neither did anyone else? Well, in that case we wouldn’t be here having this conversation. And if you mean just them, then I guess it will be a bit sad that we have a large percentage of a generation that doesn’t have kids, but I also think it’d do a few small wonders for our planet. You know, with over-population and all….

Really, though, it won’t be too long before there’s few people left who were there. What, 40 years? That’s sad. 

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

14 January 2014
5.34pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2315sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
Do you mean if they didn’t have children and neither did anyone else? Well, in that case we wouldn’t be here having this conversation. And if you mean just them, then I guess it will be a bit sad that we have a large percentage of a generation that doesn’t have kids, but I also think it’d do a few small wonders for our planet. You know, with over-population and all….

Really, though, it won’t be too long before there’s few people left who were there. What, 40 years? That’s sad. 

EDIT Ah, you edited your post. Well, I refer you to case no1, as you too point out.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

17 January 2014
7.34pm
ScrambledEggs
Behind the moon
Paris Olympia
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 328
2316sp_Permalink sp_Print

As I mentioned before, for these last few days I’ve strummed various Beatle tunes on the streets of Germany. My musical adventure has brought me encounters with a wide spectrum of people, and many of them were fans of the Beatles. Two days ago, I held a Beatles-cover ‘concert’, requested by a few people who’ve come to listen to my playing every day, and it was wonderful. A few people stopped by, too, and were taking turns on requesting songs. It didn’t surprise me much that the earliest of the Beatles hits were the most popular requests. But, it was Something , Oh! Darling and Let It Be that earned me most of my tips.

Today was perhaps the most incredible encounter; a man in his late sixties stopped by to tell me all the concerts he’d been to. Amazingly so, it was the Beatles who he first saw live. He described the whole situation colorfully, and even though my German is poor, I understood every word of it. From the deafening screams to the moment the Beatles waved at the crowd, he spoke with tears in his eyes. Nostalgia, he said, and thanked me for the reminder of the most wonderful music, saying he was happy to know it was kept alive. He also told me of the times he watched Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, some German bands, and the time he met the Rolling Stones backstage! I sure do envy him.

17 January 2014
7.39pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2317sp_Permalink sp_Print

it was the Beatles who he first saw live. He described the whole situation colorfully, and even though my German is poor, I understood every word of it. From the deafening screams to the moment the Beatles waved at the crowd, he spoke with tears in his eyes. Nostalgia, he said, and thanked me for the reminder of the most wonderful music, saying he was happy to know it was kept alive. He also told me of the times he watched Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, some German bands, and the time he met the Rolling Stones backstage! I sure do envy him.

Me and you both! :D

(Passover - I. Curtis)

17 January 2014
7.55pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2318sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wonderful story, ScrambledEggs. I’m glad you’ve had this adventure.heartahdn_george_08

18 January 2014
7.04pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2319sp_Permalink sp_Print

Indeed a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing that. Sounds like that man had a cool life!

18 January 2014
7.15pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

Last Saturday I was at a panto which was being directed by a man that I have worked with ever since I was about 6, I also a couple of the principles and chorus. Anyhoo I told them I was going to the show tonight and in one scene the characters were meant to be at school and some one drew on the chalkboard a massive heart with Katie + The Beatles in it, I laughed so hard- I got strange looks. a-hard-days-night-john-6My friends are great

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Sea Belt
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691