Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
2 December 2013
7.46pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2221sp_Permalink sp_Print

Watched the first part of The Morecambe and Wise Story on the BBC iplayer and the first thing you see is their sketch with the Beatles. Beatles, Beatles everywhere. Over here, over there.heart

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

3 December 2013
7.32pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 550
2222sp_Permalink sp_Print

My daughter is learning how to play “Twist & Shout” on guitar at school :)   She got 100% on her “exam” of playing the song.  I’m so proud! paul-mccartney

My hubby, who faithfully supports me being a Paulette, called me from work yesterday & said he wants to get some of George’s solo stuff.  He heard some of his songs on the radio & had forgotten how much he loved them!  So, I guess I’m a Paulette and he’s a “Fiendish Thingy”!  apple01 a-hard-days-night-george-10

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

4 December 2013
2.18am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
2223sp_Permalink sp_Print

Your daughter chose a “John” song to learn. Any of your children fancy the drums? You could have the complete set within your happy little family.

A student used our text-a-librarian service to ask about resources for the history of the Beatles. I gave a few starting points and my email address in reply and extended an invitation to come visit me at the library. I hope this student comes by.

4 December 2013
8.43pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
2224sp_Permalink sp_Print

Your daughter chose a “John” song to learn. Any of your children fancy the drums? You could have the complete set within your happy little family.

She didn’t “choose” a John song, Ahhh Girl….”Twist & Shout” is part of their curriculum a-hard-days-night-john-1 so it was chosen for her.  I would definitely try and persuade her towards a Paul song!  paul-mccartney (if I could)!   Nope, no drummers in the family…4 kids who all play guitar and my daughter plays piano too.

4 December 2013
10.03pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2225sp_Permalink sp_Print

HeyTrud said

She didn’t “choose” a John song, Ahhh Girl….”Twist & Shout” is part of their curriculum a-hard-days-night-john-1 so it was chosen for her.  I would definitely try and persuade her towards a Paul song!  paul-mccartney (if I could)!   Nope, no drummers in the family…4 kids who all play guitar and my daughter plays piano too.

Oh, I see. There you go…grow us another Paulette :-) , but you might keep her out of the PMs for a while.a-hard-days-night-ringo-6a-hard-days-night-paul-7

4 December 2013
10.21pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
2226sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Oh, I see. There you go…grow us another Paulette  🙂 , but you might keep her out of the PMs for a while.  a-hard-days-night-ringo-6a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Another Paulette growin’! a-hard-days-night-george-10 Ummm…I think I will keep her out of the PM’s for life!!  paul-mccartneyahdn_paul_02

4 December 2013
10.27pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2227sp_Permalink sp_Print

HeyTrud said

Ahhh Girl said

Oh, I see. There you go…grow us another Paulette  🙂 , but you might keep her out of the PMs for a while.  a-hard-days-night-ringo-6a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Another Paulette growin’! a-hard-days-night-george-10 Ummm…I think I will keep her out of the PM’s for life!!  paul-mccartneyahdn_paul_02

hehehehe.

4 December 2013
10.45pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2228sp_Permalink sp_Print

Was in a kiosk this afternoon to get a comic book for my brother but I took a moment to look at the music related magazines. All of them had a bit about the Beatles. All four of them had something about either the Lewisohn book, the Live At The BBC project or about Paul. I didn’t buy any of them. Why are magazines so goddamn expensive?

4 December 2013
10.54pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2229sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t buy magazines nowadays as, like you Linde, i find them expensive. Especially when it 8 pages for £4.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 December 2013
2.36am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2230sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hubby was at the thrift shop on post today and saw “The Beatles in Their Own Words: a Rockumentary” 5 cd set and just had to buy it for me. a-hard-days-night-john-6

5 December 2013
3.26am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
2231sp_Permalink sp_Print

HeyTrud said

Ahhh Girl said

Maybe til she is old enough. How old is she?

This is one of my Beatle moments from last Friday at a Chinese restaurant. 
It reminded me of Happiness Is A Warm Gun , so I got a chuckle out of it. 

tumblr_mx2zqhDg4L1sjk469o1_500.jpgImage Enlarger

My other Beatle moment was when I was watching a action movie dealing with like military and government stuff. During one of the scenes they said “Code 9-9-9! Code 9-9-9!”

5 December 2013
2.24pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2232sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky999 said

My other Beatle moment was when I was watching a action movie dealing with like military and government stuff. During one of the scenes they said “Code 9-9-9! Code 9-9-9!”

Quick, get the Beatles in here. Love is all we need to solve this seething cauldron of a problem.

5 December 2013
2.30pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2233sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky999 said 

This is one of my Beatle moments from last Friday at a Chinese restaurant. 
It reminded me of Happiness Is A Warm Gun , so I got a chuckle out of it. 

tumblr_mx2zqhDg4L1sjk469o1_500.jpgImage Enlarger

I thought it was the taking part that matters not the winning. 

6 December 2013
4.49am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members

My husband surprised me buying Live At The BBC 2 as an extra birthday gift. We had already order the remaster version of Live At The BBC for my birthday (which came into today from Amazon), but he decided after work to get me the other one as well. 

6 December 2013
5.10am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2235sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky999 said
My husband surprised me buying Live At The BBC 2 as an extra birthday gift. We had already order the remaster version of Live At The BBC for my birthday (which came into today from Amazon), but he decided after work to get me the other one as well. 

Happy Birthday and congrats on your extra present.

6 December 2013
5.19am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2236sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Sky999 said

Happy Birthday and congrats on your extra present.

Technically early birthday (my birthday isn’t till Saturday), but thank you x2. :)  

6 December 2013
2.26pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members

Happy EARLY Birthday , Sky!  How cool about your early b-day gift.  I LOVE BBC2!  Been listening to it for a week solid now :)

And re: my daughter reading PM’s…..she’s only 13, so again – not for a Long, Long, Long , Long, Long, Long time!! a-hard-days-night-george-10

6 December 2013
2.31pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2238sp_Permalink sp_Print

HeyTrud said
Happy EARLY Birthday , Sky!  How cool about your early b-day gift.  I LOVE BBC2!  Been listening to it for a week solid now :)

And re: my daughter reading PM’s…..she’s only 13, so again – not for a Long, Long, Long , Long, Long, Long time!! a-hard-days-night-george-10

HeyTrud, maybe you can make reading the PM’s her birthday present when she turns 18 as some kind of initiation into womanhood. Do you think the two of you would grow closer if you did let her do that? That would be a Beatley moment between the two of you.

6 December 2013
2.47pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2239sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you Trud :)

It depends if her daughter becomes a Paulette, Ahhh Girl, otherwise she might be creeped out.

6 December 2013
3.23pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2240sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky999 said
Thank you Trud :)

It depends if her daughter becomes a Paulette, Ahhh Girl, otherwise she might be creeped out.

True. HeyTrud is doing her best to raise a Paulette, but sometimes those things don’t work out as planned.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Sea Belt
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691