Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
15 October 2013
1.14am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2041sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
On the bbc iplayer it’s listed as “coming soon” so it will be up in a few hours. Its the second item about 15 mins or so in (i think, i had had the tv on pause earlier so skimmed thru to the relevant part).

I thing this is something I can’t watch because I’m not in the UK. :-(

15 October 2013
1.24am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

I have no idea what licensing the iplayer has worldwide. Some countries seem to get it, others don’t. From here  it says you can’t get the iPlayer App in the US either. Would have thought that there was a way that folks in the US can watch current bbc programmes. 

Ah well, means you don’t get Citizen Khan on a Friday night which is reason to rejoice.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

15 October 2013
1.29am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2043sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
I have no idea what licensing the iplayer has worldwide. Some countries seem to get it, others don’t. From here  it says you can’t get the iPlayer App in the US either. Would have thought that there was a way that folks in the US can watch current bbc programmes. 

Ah well, means you don’t get Citizen Khan on a Friday night which is reason to rejoice.

It’s ok. I’ll be watching Paul’s concert tonight.

15 October 2013
3.28pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
2044sp_Permalink sp_Print

BBC iplayer is only for UK people, as otherwise you can avoid paying the licensing fees and still watch the tv. I know people who live abroad who really miss not being able to catch up.

Slightly off-topic, but yeah, is that Citizen Khan meant to be comedy? It came on after ‘8 out of 10 cats’ or something. Never seen anything more un-funny.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

15 October 2013
3.35pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2045sp_Permalink sp_Print

There’s software you can download to give your computer a UK IP, and then you can watch the iplayer. I haven’t used it in a while, but that’s how I watched the Olympics last year.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

15 October 2013
6.34pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
2046sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have heard you can somehow not have an IP address or disguise it so you can access anything around the world on your computer regardless of where you are. No idea if thats true or how to do it.

Citizan Kane is a product of the PC generation where if it was anything else it would have been binned for recycling jokes that were unfunny by the end of the 70’s as well as being utter drivel. However the Beeb deemed it right to tick a few boxes and recommission a second series.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

16 October 2013
4.55am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2047sp_Permalink sp_Print

My prof in history of rock used Rocky Racoon as an example of Appalachian music… or rather an admirable parody of it.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

16 October 2013
7.20am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2048sp_Permalink sp_Print

A couple of other Beatley things happened today. On KROQ’s morning show, the entertainment news guy played a bit of “New” – the song itself – and mocked it, particularly the lyrics. Not surprising, it’s not a KROQ song. And one of the DJs defended Paul, saying the album might be good after all, don’t judge it on that one song. He said he’d give it a listen today and report back. I’ve emailed with him a few times, so I sent him my personal recommendations from the album, and he thanked me.

And at work, my boss, who is well aware of my fan status, randomly walked up to me and said, “So… I hear you’re a Beatle fan. Is that true?” It was just random and weird and it cracked me up.

Then he told me he once dated a woman who hated The Beatles and shook his head. “I never heard of such a thing. How does someone hate The Beatles?” And I said what I always say – when someone claims to hate The Beatles, they probably haven’t heard everything, because they’re music was so eclectic, there’s always at least one song for everyone.

parlance

16 October 2013
4.31pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2049sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul is ”trending” according to the sidebar on Yahoo News :D

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

16 October 2013
4.34pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
2050sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

One article it says he sticks up for Miley and another he has a soft spot for One Direction. a-hard-days-night-paul-4

16 October 2013
4.36pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2051sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh no, oh dear. What’s going on there? a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

(Passover - I. Curtis)

16 October 2013
4.37pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members

fabfouremily said
Oh no, oh dear. What’s going on there? a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

Silver City Sun-News

Paul McCartney is sticking up for Miley Cyrus.

While doing publicity for his new record, Paul McCartney was asked by Sky News what he thought about Cyrus’ controversial tongue-wagging, butt-shaking performance at the MTV Video Music Awards last month.

“Come on, we’ve seen worse than that,” the former Beatle said.

The 71-year-old McCartney said he had no problem letting his 10-year-old daughter watch Cyrus’ twerking routine because, in his view, it was rather tame. 

“I watched it as an experiment to check, but you look at it and you say, ‘What’s everyone shouting about?’” he said. “I think it was only mildly shocking … it wasn’t explicit at all.”

Cyrus, of course, has come under attack from all sorts of people — including five open letters from Irish singer Sinead O’Connor, who believes Cyrus’ behavior is degrading to woman and making her a record company tool. Among other critics, indie rocker Sufjan Stevens criticized Cyrus for her supposedly bad grammar in one of the tracks off her “Bangerz” album.

Right. It’s a good thing all those other musicians pay attention to their industry-mandated English classes.

Since he was talking, McCartney talked about One Direction and the Beatles comparisons some insane people make. “I always think it’s unfortunate for a band to be called the new Beatles because it can be the kiss of death.”

“People expect you to live up to what we did, and we did what we did in a particular period in time, which is very different from now,” McCartney said.

In other words, stop being stupid.

But then, because he’s Paul McCartney , he offered One Direction some praise.

“But I like One Direction,” he said. “They’re young, beautiful boys and that’s the attraction. But they can sing and they make good records, so that’s what I can see in common — and that the girls love them.”

16 October 2013
4.38pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2053sp_Permalink sp_Print

sky999 said

fabfouremily said

One article it says he sticks up for Miley and another he has a soft spot for One Direction. a-hard-days-night-paul-4

In that BBC interview today Paul says something to the effect of it being nice to see a picture of four handsome lads on the wall of the BBC and it isn’t One Direction.

If he is sticking up for Miley, we need to get him into a counseling session now. Pronto.

16 October 2013
4.40pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2054sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

sky999 said

fabfouremily said

In that BBC interview today Paul says something to the effect of it being nice to see a picture of four handsome lads on the wall of the BBC and it isn’t One Direction.

If he is sticking up for Miley, we need to get him into a counseling session now. Pronto.

Do your works Ahhh Girl!a-hard-days-night-john-6

16 October 2013
4.44pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2055sp_Permalink sp_Print

sky999 said

Ahhh Girl said

sky999 said

fabfouremily said

I have miracles in me that I need to perform on him in these counseling sessions.

Wonder if there will be bootlegs of the sessions?

16 October 2013
4.46pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2056sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Eh. He just said we’ve seen worse.

I’m more concerned about her responses to Sinead O’Connor and the fact she thinks it’s funny to mock mental illness.

parlance

16 October 2013
4.48pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2057sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

sky999 said

Ahhh Girl said

sky999 said

fabfouremily said

I have miracles in me that I need to perform on him in these counseling sessions.

Wonder if there will be bootlegs of the sessions?

Would you film it? 

parlance said

Ahhh Girl said

Eh. He just said we’ve seen worse.

I’m more concerned about her responses to Sinead O’Connor and the fact she thinks it’s funny to mock mental illness.

parlance

True he does have a point. 

16 October 2013
4.59pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2058sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I hadn’t read the story yet. Thanks for the skimming highlights. Yeah, this O’Connor character needs to be taught a lesson.

16 October 2013
5.06pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

Not sure I’m understanding you, or that you’re understanding parlance. Miley Cyrus was the one mocking mental illness not Sinead, as Sinead has a long history of mental illness.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

16 October 2013
5.10pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Guess I should read these things before talking about them. Bad form on my part.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691