Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles News
10 May 2023
6.47pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3941sp_Permalink sp_Print

With a current total of 1,000,330,724 plays, Here Comes The Sun  has become the first Beatles song to be streamed over a billion times on Spotify, and is one of only 406 songs to pass the billion plays.

Billions-Club.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Von Bontee, BeatlesDrummer, Richard, Ahhh Girl, Rube, Timothy

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

10 May 2023
8.03pm
BeatlesDrummer
The Internet
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 6
3942sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
With a current total of 1,000,330,724 plays, Here Comes The Sun  has become the first Beatles song to be streamed over a billion times on Spotify, and is one of only 406 songs to pass the billion plays.

Billions-Club.jpgImage Enlarger

Woohoo! I love this song! it’s so great!

The following people thank BeatlesDrummer for this post:

Von Bontee, Rube

16 year old drummer who listens to the Beatles. I started listening to them in early 2022. I am also a Chuck E. Cheese fan too! (sorry the pic is sideways lol, it's my drumset)IMG-0412.jpg

13 June 2023
11.13am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5691

I assume this is Now And Then, but wouldn’t it be something if All For Love was on the b-side?

Paul McCartney: “The last Beatles record will be released this year”

Well it’s a very interesting thing, you know. It’s something we’re all sort of tackling at the moment, you know, and trying to deal with. What’s it mean, you know?

I don’t hear that much [unofficial AI Beatles songs] because I’m not on the internet that much, but people will say to me: ‘Oh yeah, there’s a track where, you know, John is singing one of my songs.’ And it isn’t, it’s just AI, you know?

So all of that is kind of scary, but exciting because it’s the future. And we were able to use that kind of thing when Peter Jackson did the film Get Back , where it was us making the Let It Be album. And he was able to extricate John’s voice from a ropey little bit of cassette that had John’s voice and a piano. He could separate them with AI.

They tell the machine: ‘That’s a voice, this is a guitar, lose the guitar.’ And he did that. So it has great uses.

So when we came to make what will be the last Beatles record, it was a demo that John had that we worked on and we just finished it up. It’ll be released this year.

We were able to take John’s voice and get it pure through this AI. So then we could mix the record as you would normally do, you know, so it gives you some sort of leeway.

So there’s a good side to it and then a scary side. And we’ll just have to see where that leads.

The following people thank Joe for this post:

Richard, ewe2, Rube

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

13 June 2023
6.03pm
Toxic34
West Palm Beach, FL
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 142
3944sp_Permalink sp_Print

Joe said
I assume this is Now And Then, but wouldn’t it be something if All For Love was on the b-side?

Paul McCartney: “The last Beatles record will be released this year”

Well it’s a very interesting thing, you know. It’s something we’re all sort of tackling at the moment, you know, and trying to deal with. What’s it mean, you know?

I don’t hear that much [unofficial AI Beatles songs] because I’m not on the internet that much, but people will say to me: ‘Oh yeah, there’s a track where, you know, John is singing one of my songs.’ And it isn’t, it’s just AI, you know?

So all of that is kind of scary, but exciting because it’s the future. And we were able to use that kind of thing when Peter Jackson did the film Get Back , where it was us making the Let It Be album. And he was able to extricate John’s voice from a ropey little bit of cassette that had John’s voice and a piano. He could separate them with AI.

They tell the machine: ‘That’s a voice, this is a guitar, lose the guitar.’ And he did that. So it has great uses.

So when we came to make what will be the last Beatles record, it was a demo that John had that we worked on and we just finished it up. It’ll be released this year.

We were able to take John’s voice and get it pure through this AI. So then we could mix the record as you would normally do, you know, so it gives you some sort of leeway.

So there’s a good side to it and then a scary side. And we’ll just have to see where that leads.

I would also assume that this has to be Now And Then as well, as it makes the most logical sense. Well, good for you, Paul, you said you’d get it finished someday, over and over again, and you’ve actually gone and done it. Now the only thing we’ll have left to endlessly hope for is Carnival Of Light .

The following people thank Toxic34 for this post:

ewe2, Rube
13 June 2023
10.20pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

Aside from hype and a feeling of warm nostalgia is there much enthusiasm or desire for yet another new ‘Beatles’ song?

We have been here before and it was far greater, exciting and fresh back in 1995 when the news broke of the reunion sessions followed by the ‘Anthology’ collections. I’ve also always been against stitching together a ‘new’ Beatles track from various leftovers taken from wherever. And let’s not forget that George was against this track being done and the Beatles were always a democracy, it’s why it never came to pass – and it wasn’t just because the original demo tape had a horrid buzz thru it.

According to McCartney, the sessions for “Now And Then ” were difficult. Like “Free As A Bird ”, Lennon’s recording of “Now And Then ” was still a work-in-progress. The lyrics sung by Lennon on his demo recording weren’t fully written at that stage. Lennon would fill in the missing lyrics with vocalisations as a place holder with the vocal melody. The three Beatles recorded attempted a basic backing track.

It was decided to abandon the song for the time being and focus on the more complete “Real Love ”. Work continued “Now And Then ” in early February 1995. McCartney was keen to continue work on the song, but the sessions ended with a frustrated Harrison declaring the song “f***ing rubbish”. Work stopped on the recording in May 1995. 

Source: Daily Beatle

This doesn’t get me as excited this time and I dread to think how this will sound if Paul’s 2023 vocal is dubbed then mixed with John’s. I also fear the thought of being one step nearer Apple owners 20 years down the line creating more new Beatles tracks from stray bits of session outtakes, re-imagined chords, isolated instuments and other oddities thanks to far more sophisticated AI. 

But if this gives us more of the unreleased material that remains in the vaults and a Bu-Ray ‘Anthology’ I will be a bit warmer to the release. 

Also should be noted that Paul has a brand new book out and a great way to get that publicised is to talk up the Beatles; I have a recollection of George commenting on how whenever Paul was promoting something new in the 80’s there would be comments on working together again.

[I couldn’t find such a quote but I did find the below entry for Monday 28th March 1988 in Keith Badman’s ‘The Beatles Diary Volume 2: After The Break-Up 1970-2001′]

During George’s brief visit to Toronto, he gives a press conference in front of a small team from the country’s press. He is asked about Paul’s recent comment that he would like to write some songs with George. “Yes, Paul has suggested that maybe, he and me should write something again. I mean it’s pretty funny really. I mean, I’ve only been there about thirty years in Paul’s life and now he wants to write with me. But maybe it would be quite interesting to do that. There’s a thing with Paul, one minute he says one thing and he’s really charming and the next minute, he’s all uptight. We all go through that, good and bad stuff. But, by now, we’ve got to find the centre.”

A report of the press conference, as well as an interview with George conducted by Elaine Lawren shortly after the conference, is featured on Canadian TV’s Global News the following day. George also gives another interview, at this time, for the programme Canada AM, which is also broadcast the following morning. At the conclusion of these sessions, George climbs into his limousine and is driven to the MuchMusic 24-hour music TV studios in Toronto. (Such is the excitement of his 3:15pm arrival, cameras videotape the former Beatle climbing out of the car and entering the building.)

George: “Go on, show ‘When We Was Fab’ again … I haven’t seen it for at least ten minutes!”

During his stay at MuchMusic, George appears unannounced live on the programme MuchMusic Live Interview, being interviewed by the show’s host Christopher Ward. For the duration of the lengthy 34-minute interview, George talks about working with Jeff Lynne, his visit to America in 1963 to see his sister, the lyrics to ‘When We Was Fab’, The Beatles’ studio recordings, the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, and the use of Beatles songs in commercials.

Ward asks George: “How did you feel when you heard the McCartney versions of the old songs on Broad Street?

George: “I think they were OK. I didn’t notice they were new versions. I only watched it once. I remember ‘Ballroom Dancing’, but I don’t remember the old ones.”

Ward: “He (Paul) said that he wanted to tackle some of the other old ones, including, possibly, some of John Lennon ‘s songs, like ‘Beautiful Boy’ and ‘Imagine ‘. Does that surprise you that he would do that?”

George: “Paul?”

Ward: “Yeah!”

George: “Maybe, because he ran out of good ones of his own!”

Ward: “Well… Now we’ve got that on record.”

George: “Well, it’s true!”

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

ewe2, Von Bontee

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 June 2023
11.26pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5448

meanmistermustard said

During his stay at MuchMusic, George appears unannounced live on programme MuchMusic Live Interview, being interviewed by the show’s host Christopher Ward. 

Huh, Ward was a guest on “The Walrus Was Paul”, a Beatles podcast I’ve been listening to recently; he and the host spoke of that impromptu interview with George, and his remark about Paul running out of songs

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

Richard, Rube

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

14 June 2023
9.15am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3947sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here’s the clip of George’s Paul comment on MuchMusic as mentioned above (it’s at the end).

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Rube, Von Bontee

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

20 June 2023
9.45am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3948sp_Permalink sp_Print

Samira Ahmed has followed up on the recording of the 1963 Stowe performance she discovered existed earlier this year. On a new edition of Front Row, the BBC radio arts show she fronts and which first revealed the tape, she visits the British Library in London which has done a straight digital copy of the tape (no attempts at improving the sound), and you can now book to listen to the recording in their listening room (you also have to register as a user of the library to have access to the listening room).

The important bit is that it’s been made available to listen to by those able to visit the British Library, and now we have to hope that this is followed by a commercial release. It’s certainly not disappearing, unlike the fabled Cavern show which was supposedly bought by Paul and disappeared into his vault.

It has also been revealed that two girls who were the daughters of school staff, hid a microphone in a flower pot and recorded their conversation over the meal provided. Mmm… that sounds like the kinda thing Michael Lindsay-Hogg might’ve tried a few years later.

a-hard-days-night-george-10ahdn_john_08_gif

vonbontee, Rube, Richard, Ahhh Girl, Von Bontee

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

24 June 2023
9.09am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3949sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul and Nancy were spotted watching the Foo Fighters set at Glastonbury yesterday, so how about some total speculation — Elton John’s playing what he says will be his final UK concert when he closes the festival on Sunday night, and he’s said the set will be different to his “Farewell Yellow Brick Road” final tour set, and that there will be special guests; so could we get Elton and Paul doing a song or two together on Sunday?

After all, Elton does have a history with songs like I Saw Her Standing There Back In The USSR  and others.

Rube, Ahhh Girl, Richard, Timothy

1 July 2023
6.35pm
Toxic34
West Palm Beach, FL
London Palladium
Members
3950sp_Permalink sp_Print

After getting all but official news that the “new song” coming down the pike is Now And Then (they still haven’t given the title, but with the fact of saying it has real contributions from John and George it can ONLY be that song) and that nothing was faked or synthesized by AI, there’s also a rising question of whether the song is part of something more.

I know Paul said it would accompany a new coffee table photobook, but that seems a bit thin to be the only thing. A lot of people are speculation about whether this means that an Anthology re-release is on the way, especially in prepping the documentary for Blu-ray and streaming…not to mention what news this has about the director’s cut of Get Back and/or the remastering of the Let It Be film.

2 July 2023
10.28pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Toxic34 said
After getting all but official news that the “new song” coming down the pike is Now And Then (they still haven’t given the title, but with the fact of saying it has real contributions from John and George it can ONLY be that song) and that nothing was faked or synthesized by AI, there’s also a rising question of whether the song is part of something more.

I know Paul said it would accompany a new coffee table photobook, but that seems a bit thin to be the only thing. A lot of people are speculation about whether this means that an Anthology re-release is on the way, especially in prepping the documentary for Blu-ray and streaming…not to mention what news this has about the director’s cut of Get Back and/or the remastering of the Let It Be film.

The speculation before Paul’s interview was that a remixed ‘Rubber Soul ‘ set was going to be this years release so I don’t see where the connection between the song and ‘Get Back ‘/’Let It Be ‘ comes from except it’s the same band. An ‘Anthology’ reissue would seem the most likely due to the new song being the ‘lost’ and last reunion track but who knows what Apple will do. ‘FAAB’ and ‘RL’ were heavily remixed and reworked for ‘1+’ so are those now the go-to mixes?

Isn’t the new Beatles coffee book Paul’s ‘Eye of the Storm’ which was released about a week ago?

4 July 2023
4.53pm
Toxic34
West Palm Beach, FL
London Palladium
Members
3952sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Toxic34 said

The speculation before Paul’s interview was that a remixed ‘Rubber Soul ‘ set was going to be this years release so I don’t see where the connection between the song and ‘Get Back ‘/’Let It Be ‘ comes from except it’s the same band. An ‘Anthology’ reissue would seem the most likely due to the new song being the ‘lost’ and last reunion track but who knows what Apple will do. ‘FAAB’ and ‘RL’ were heavily remixed and reworked for ‘1+’ so are those now the go-to mixes?

Isn’t the new Beatles coffee book Paul’s ‘Eye of the Storm’ which was released about a week ago?

I appear to have misread the part about the book, I thought it said it was a fall release, not that it was already out. Thanks for the correction.

In any event, there are some writers in the press, I forget which outlets, that did talk about an Anthology re-release, and then people in the comments piled in with talks about both Rubber Soul as well as what this might mean for the Get Back and Let It Be films. You can’t really help people’s minds from going to that.

26 July 2023
6.28am
Mr. Moonlight
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 133
3953sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve seen speculation about a possible Anthology 4. Evidently there are other unreleased tracks that were unusable before but which could be cleaned up with AI. I’d prefer that to any reworking of an existing album.

"Nothing is Beatle-proof."

26 July 2023
9.07pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
3954sp_Permalink sp_Print

If you love dogs as much as I do, this is news.

Jet.PNGImage Enlarger

Paul and Nancy have a new dog. Jet !

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Richard, HartoTarto, Beatlebug, PauliesGirl, Von Bontee
10 August 2023
10.44pm
MattWatchingWheels
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 203
3955sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
If you love dogs as much as I do, this is news.

Jet.PNGImage Enlarger

Paul and Nancy have a new dog. Jet !  

Ahh, Girl! I want Jet to always love them! 🙂

The following people thank MattWatchingWheels for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Sea Belt
3 September 2023
1.29am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3956sp_Permalink sp_Print

OK, Fiendish Thingies, here’s one for you! From The Daily Beatle https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..FormAnchor

George’s solo albums are being rereleased, ON VINYL a-hard-days-night-george-9

Wonderwall Music (released 1968)
Electronic Sound (released 1969)*
Dark Horse (released 1974)*
Living In The Material World (2014 remaster) (released 1973)*
Extra Texture (released 1975)*
Thirty Three & 1/3 (released 1976)
George Harrison (released 1979)*
Somewhere In England (released 1981)
Gone Troppo (released 1982)
Cloud Nine (released 1987)
Live In Japan (released 1992)
Brainwashed (released 2002)

*also coming out on CD

3 September 2023
1.47am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

And for the Ringo and Paul camp…a new EP https://webgrafikk.com/blog/ne…..ith-ringo/

The EP features 4 new songs:
1. Shadows On The Wall (Steve Lukather, Joseph Williams, Ray Williams)
2. Feeling The Sunlight (Paul McCartney )
3. Rewind Forward (Richard Starkey, Bruce Sugar)
4. Miss Jean (Mike Campbell)

“Rewind Forward was something I said Out Of The Blue – it’s just one of those lines like a Hard Days Night. It just came to me. But it doesn’t really make sense,” Ringo said with a laugh about the title. “I was trying to explain it to myself and the best I can tell you about what it means is: sometimes when you want to go forward you have to go back first.”

Ha! There’s a cassette version!

Joe’s write-up https://www.beatlesbible.com/2…..orward-ep/

Rube
3 September 2023
8.42am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

The EP and vinyl have sold out at Ringo’s online shop. $25 for a four-track EP!!!

3 September 2023
1.19pm
kelicopter
Sitting in an English Garden
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1082
3959sp_Permalink sp_Print

BBC News article today on the search for Paul’s lost Höfner bass

a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank kelicopter for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Richard, Rube

I think it's great you're going through a phase,

and I'm awfully glad it'll all be over in a couple

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

3 September 2023
7.47pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3960sp_Permalink sp_Print

kelicopter said
BBC News article today on the search for Paul’s lost Höfner bass

a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Everyone keep your eyes peeled a-hard-days-night-john-3

Richard, Rube
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691