Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles News
10 August 2021
1.29pm
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1395
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3801sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m looking forward to the announcement. ahdn_ringo_09

Winner of Most Hardcore Beatles Bible Fan 2021

mosthardcore.png

11 August 2021
3.42am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

Two early handwritten playlists by Paul are being auctioned by Bonhams in London on 28 October; both are known items, but still interesting.

The first is from a gig they played at the Grosvenor Ballroom sometime in 1960 (it’s claimed to be spring 1960 by Bonhams, but their first concert there was in June 1960, which would be summer, an interesting playlist none-the-less), which shows what covers they were doing then, and that One After 909  was the one early original they were playing.

An-important-handwritten-set-list-by-Paul-McCartney-1960.jpgImage Enlarger

The second comes from their appearance at the Majestic Ballroom in Luton on 17 April 1963, which still shows them playing an interesting selection of covers, with few originals.

An-important-handwritten-set-list-by-Paul-McCartney-1963-front.jpgImage Enlarger

They are expected to sell for between $150,000 and $250,000 each, rare and interesting items.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Rube, Richard, ewe2, Joe, vonbontee

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

11 August 2021
5.18pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
3803sp_Permalink sp_Print

The second list is exactly the kind of thing I want to hear as Ringo would be drumming and they are pretty much set as being highly polished in their performances. It would obviously be great to hear the first but to hear them play different numbers live inconcert in ’63 would be incredible. Like hearing them do ‘Matchbox ‘ live which they did in ’64 in Sweden(?).

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Rube

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 August 2021
6.24am
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members

Ringo’s new EP ‘Change The World’ will be released digitally, on CD and cassette on 24th September. It will be released on vinyl on 19th November. The song ‘Let’s Change The World’ is brilliant and positive. As we all know, he did change the world along with his three best friends. a-hard-days-night-ringo-10heart

The following people thank Rube for this post:

Timothy, KyleKartan, Richard, ewe2

mosthardcore.png

13 August 2021
5.10pm
Old Soak
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 227
3805sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
Two early handwritten playlists by Paul are being auctioned by Bonhams in London on 28 October; both are known items, but still interesting.

The first is from a gig they played at the Grosvenor Ballroom sometime in 1960 (it’s claimed to be spring 1960 by Bonhams, but their first concert there was in June 1960, which would be summer, an interesting playlist none-the-less), which shows what covers they were doing then, and that One After 909  was the one early original they were playing.

An-important-handwritten-set-list-by-Paul-McCartney-1960.jpgImage Enlarger

The second comes from their appearance at the Majestic Ballroom in Luton on 17 April 1963, which still shows them playing an interesting selection of covers, with few originals.

An-important-handwritten-set-list-by-Paul-McCartney-1963-front.jpgImage Enlarger

They are expected to sell for between $150,000 and $250,000 each, rare and interesting items.

It depends when it took place in June. Summer doesn’t start until 21st of that month each year, up until then it’s Spring still.

13 August 2021
5.24pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3806sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 The first date was 18 June 1960, @Old Soak, but there’s nothing to prove that it’s from that date. They had a regular run of concerts there for a period, and Paul’s list, with its annotation about songs not played every week, would indicate it’s from a later date than their first appearance.

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

22 September 2021
12.35pm
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
3807sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t know if this should go in this thread, but Paul, Ringo, Nancy, Barbara and Olivia had a mini reunion in London last week.  

Olivia Harrison, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and their wives have a mini reunion in London | Daily Mail Online

Mr. Moonlight, KyleKartan, The Hole Got Fixed

mosthardcore.png

24 September 2021
7.08am
Mr. Moonlight
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 136
3808sp_Permalink sp_Print

The headline’s worded a little oddly. 😉

The following people thank Mr. Moonlight for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

"Nothing is Beatle-proof."

25 September 2021
12.08am
KyleKartan
Germany
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 386
3809sp_Permalink sp_Print

Rube said
I don’t know if this should go in this thread, but Paul, Ringo, Nancy, Barbara and Olivia had a mini reunion in London last week.  

Olivia Harrison, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and their wives have a mini reunion in London | Daily Mail Online

So good to see them all in good shape and health! heartheartahdn_ringo_09a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank KyleKartan for this post:

Rube

For the Benefit of Mr. Kyle

25 September 2021
2.35pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

Do you want to buy George’s childhood home in Speke?

Well now is your time, it’s up for auction Tuesday with an estimate of £160,000-£200,000.

You also get some of his furniture thrown in.

This spacious 3 bedroom family home has undergone a complete renovation with a hallway, lounge, kitchen/dining room and a family-sized rear garden. The first floor includes three spacious bedrooms, bathroom and WC. A number of original features from George’s time at the property still remain and include the bath, sink, some original doors, hanging rails in wardrobes and outbuildings complete with original doors and decor. In addition to this, the vendor will also be including a large kitchen dresser unit that was found in the outbuildings and would have originally been in the kitchen when George and his family lived there. 

Little tour video of it as well, the outhouse is a disgrace. You can see the very shabby looking dresser unit at the end as well.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Richard, Rube, KyleKartan, WeepingAtlasCedars

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

26 September 2021
9.26am
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
3811sp_Permalink sp_Print

The person who wins the auction is going to be very lucky. 

mosthardcore.png

2 October 2021
6.15pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

To promote his new Grandude book, published last Thursday, Grandude’s Green Submarine, Paul has sent a Green Submarine to Liverpool, which will be outside Waterstones bookshop in Liverpool One for a couple of days before being gifted by Paul to Liverpool’s Alder Hey Children’s Hospital.

Paul-McCartneys-Green-Submarine-docked-outside-Waterstones-Liverpool-One.jpgImage Enlarger

Green-Submarine.jpgImage Enlarger

Richard, KyleKartan, Rube

3 October 2021
12.31pm
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
3813sp_Permalink sp_Print

55 letters sent by George’s mother Louise to Lorraine O’Malley, a huge Beatles fan from the US are being auctioned for an estimate of £6,000. The pictures with John, Paul and Ringo signed by George, were also sent to Lorraine. She has decided to put the letters and the photos up for sale with Omega Auctions.  

https://beatlesmagazineuk.com/…..t-auction/

Ron Nasty

mosthardcore.png

4 October 2021
5.21pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Ani-DiFranco.jpgImage Enlarger

Singer/songwriter Ani DiFranco is to be awarded the 2021 “John Lennon Real Love Award”.

Yoko said it was in recognition of “her stirring songs and social advocacy on women’s right and other important issues.”

She will headline the 41st Annual John Lennon Tribute on 10 December at the Peter Jay Sharp Theatre at Symphony Space in New York put on by the Theatre Within, in association with Music Without Borders, which helps support the “John Lennon Real Love Project” songwriting program which goes into US public elementary schools for free, as well as other free workshops for creative expression, to children, teens and adults impacted by cancer.

john-lennon-salute_gifjohn-lennon-salute_gifjohn-lennon-salute_gifjohn-lennon-salute_gifjohn-lennon-salute_gif

Rube

5 October 2021
12.48pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Dave Grohl will be on ‘CBeebies Bedtime Stories‘ on Friday 8th October at 6:50pm reading Ringo Starr ‘s book ‘Octopus’s Garden , which is based on the famous song of the same name which was written by Richard Starkey and appeared on the album ‘Abbey Road ‘ which was released by The Beatles.

The episode will be available on the BBC iPlayer soon after broadcast.

Rube

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 October 2021
1.24pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22225
3816sp_Permalink sp_Print

Uh-oh. Looks like Ringo may have been outed in the Pandora Papers https://www.billboard.com/arti…..-documents

a-hard-days-night-ringo-14a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

5 October 2021
2.15pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Ahhh Girl said
Uh-oh. Looks like Ringo may have been outed in the Pandora Papers https://www.billboard.com/arti…..-documents

a-hard-days-night-ringo-14a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

Aye, one of hundreds if not thousands of celebs, politicians and royals to go thru tax shelters to save millions using means not illegal but highly dubious. Similar reports came out a few years back when other celebs were found to be doing the same (the two I remember being named were Jimmy Carr and Gary Barlow).

The UK Government are determined to stop these nothings happening as politicians never take advantage of off-shore tax havens or buying properties without paying all costs involved or anything else dubious. Expect new laws to be introduced just as soon as Boris and co have the time.

5 October 2021
3.38pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22225
3818sp_Permalink sp_Print

Do you think rich people who were really helped by public services as a young person (think Ringo and hospital) should be willing to pay to help out? 

6 October 2021
2.19am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Everyone should help each other, if that’s paying their share of taxes then so be it. It’s far too confusing and complicated to get into it all on here tho.

19 October 2021
3.40am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3820sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Daily Beatle reports on an interview that Giles has given to Variety magazine. Talking about further remixes, Giles says ‘Revolver ‘, ‘Rubber Soul ‘ and outtakes are in his eyeline but the technology isn’t there yet and he isn’t doing anything with them at the moment.

Variety: There are people who insist a transformative remix couldn’t be done on the pre-4-track Beatles albums because of so many elements being blended into the two basic tracks. But of course, Beatles fans do speculate pretty much across the board: Is there an opportunity to do something with “Revolver ” and “Rubber Soul ,” now that you’ve gone through the Beatles’ timeline from “Sgt. Pepper ” forward?

Giles Martin: –I think there is. I think we have to do it, and I’ve said this before… If you take something like “Taxman ” from “Revolver ” [a track often cited for its bizarre stereo separation], “Taxman ” is guitar, bass and drums on one track, and vocals and a sort of shaking and guitar solo (on the right). And it sounds good; they’re amazing recordings, and amazing mixes. You know, we have to look into what technology we can do to make things de-mixed and all this kind of stuff, which I’m looking into. So I’m looking for the technology to do it with, to do something really innovative with “Rubber Soul ” and “Revolver ,” as opposed to just a remastering job, because it’s been remastered already. So I think we will. I think we also will look at outtakes as well.

–There’s such an overwhelming desire to do something with them, by fans. And at the same time, there’s the thing in the back of your mind: There’s no point in just doing this to make money or as a sales thing, or because we’d done the others. It’s more important that we do it for the right reason. So there’s your answer: yes. If, the same as “Sgt. Pepper ,” I can find a reason to do it, then yes. An actual experience reason to do it, as opposed to just because we’ve done it.

After that, Martin says he is not doing this at the moment, and that one obstacle is that technology hasn’t yet gotten to the stage where separating everything from four or two track tapes is possible without artefacts.

More in the article.

Richard, The Hole Got Fixed

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694