Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles News
22 April 2020
7.05pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3701sp_Permalink sp_Print

Gee what a shame that it’s at 2AM for me… 

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

22 April 2020
10.20pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2143
3702sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
If it was anything Ringo solo, it would appear on Ringo’s Vevo channel and not The Beatles.

Exactly. I have a good feeling about this. 

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

22 April 2020
10.34pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3703sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said

Ron Nasty said

If it was anything Ringo solo, it would appear on Ringo’s Vevo channel and not The Beatles.

Exactly. I have a good feeling about this. 

Why? We already know it’s a Yellow Submarine  singalong.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

23 April 2020
10.00pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2143
3704sp_Permalink sp_Print

We do? I really need to start reading the newspaper in the morning. 

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

24 April 2020
1.31am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3705sp_Permalink sp_Print

Two posts after the post of mine you quoted, @Timothy…

AppleScruffJunior said
Sadness for us all. If you don’t want to know what it is, don’t look in the spoiler but it’s not a LIB trailer

And then five posts after that…

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

27 April 2020
2.08pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
3706sp_Permalink sp_Print

STU’S GRAVESTONE IS GONE!!!!!

Image Enlarger

It’s just being restored though, it’ll be back 😉

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, Richard, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, SgtPeppersBulldog

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

27 April 2020
2.37pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
3707sp_Permalink sp_Print

Reminds me of the time I laid flowers on his grave. heart

20200427_143514.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

AppleScruffJunior, lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, Richard, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, ewe2, Timothy, sigh butterfly, SgtPeppersBulldog
4 May 2020
9.01am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
3708sp_Permalink sp_Print

Unheard Paul and Ringo demo from the ’90’s is being auctioned: 

An unheard track by former Beatles Sir Paul McCartney and Sir Ringo Starr is to be sold at auction.

Angel In Disguise is one of only a couple of songs co-written exclusively by the remaining members of the Fab Four.

The pair recorded the demo for Sir Ringo’s 1992 solo album Time Takes Time, but it did not make the LP.

The cassette is now being sold by former Radio Luxembourg DJ Tony Prince and is expected to fetch up to £20,000.

A quarter of the profits will be donated to the NHS Charities Together Covid-19 Urgent Appeal, while the rest will go to Prince’s United DJs radio station project.

Two versions of the track appear on the tape; a rough demo with Sir Paul singing, and a more fleshed out take with the drummer on lead vocals, with additional instruments and backing vocals.

A demo of another Sir Ringo track, called Everyone Wins, also appears on the cassette, which will go under the hammer at Omega Auctions’ online sale on 19 May, alongside other memorabilia.

Some of the lyrics sound beautiful….

The sheet music, which appears to only credit McCartney as the writer, shows the lyrics include: “My name is Ritchie / Let me look into your eyes / Don’t be afraid I’m just an angel in disguise”.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, SgtPeppersBulldog

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

8 May 2020
4.38am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
3709sp_Permalink sp_Print

This was just posted to the Beatles youtube channel:

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Beatlebug, sigh butterfly

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

8 May 2020
6.19am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
3710sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said
This was just posted to the Beatles youtube channel:

It’s 50 years ago today that it was released. It looks like it will go by quite quietly and I totally get why; now is not the time to jump up and down and celebrate such an anniversary.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid, sigh butterfly

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

8 May 2020
12.29pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
3711sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

It’s 50 years ago today that it was released. It looks like it will go by quite quietly and I totally get why; now is not the time to jump up and down and celebrate such an anniversary.  

I think plenty of people could use a distraction, but maybe not one they have to pay for…

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

sigh butterfly

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

8 May 2020
1.47pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Beatlebug said

meanmistermustard said

I think plenty of people could use a distraction, but maybe not one they have to pay for…

I’m one of the first to be happy to call a mass gathering to give Apple a kicking  but it would look terrible if Apple got out the bunting and celebrated today in any major way. Never mind everything with Covid, folk are remembering the 75th anniversary of WWII ending which is only magnified due to the massive number of lives being lost from this pandemic and the impact it’s having on millions of people. I’m never one for getting into emotions and such but I can see and understand why it would be madness by Apple. 

They’re doing the right thing by marking it quietly, the celebrations can come later.

sigh butterfly, lovelyritametermaid, The Hole Got Fixed

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

15 May 2020
10.09pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3713sp_Permalink sp_Print

Roag Best has renamed his Magical Beatles Museum – it’s now Liverpool Beatles Museum, and on Monday he’s launching a YT channel to explore the collection.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog

1 June 2020
9.20pm
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
3714sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Beatles’ twitter tweeted today:

apple01apple01apple01john-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Ron Nasty, WeepingAtlasCedars

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

13 June 2020
4.54pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3715sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Daily Beatle reports that a copy of the tape from the Beatle first EMI session on the 6th June 1962 has surfaced having been kept by Geoff Emerick. A court hearing will be taking place starting on Tuesday to decide who owns the tape, Emerick’s family or Universal. 

Bizarrely The Sun, who first reported the story, is saying it’s a video, and not just once.

Hopefully one day we will get to hear the contents instead of being shoved in a vault for a thousand years.

The Hole Got Fixed, Dark Overlord, WeepingAtlasCedars, Ahhh Girl, vonbontee, ewe2

15 June 2020
8.32pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3716sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
The Daily Beatle reports that a copy of the tape from the Beatle first EMI session on the 6th June 1962 has surfaced having been kept by Geoff Emerick. A court hearing will be taking place starting on Tuesday to decide who owns the tape, Emerick’s family or Universal. 

Bizarrely The Sun, who first reported the story, is saying it’s a video, and not just once.

Hopefully one day we will get to hear the contents instead of being shoved in a vault for a thousand years.

I was minding my own business, reading some news stories about this tape, when I clicked on a link in this article, and found that it lead to this page, @Joe. Does this find mean you’ll need to update that page?

The other recordings were destroyed after it was decided that nothing from the session could be commercially released – a practice not uncommon in the early 1960s.

I see that several news sites are carrying the story with the link. paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

ewe2
16 June 2020
5.47pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3717sp_Permalink sp_Print

Uncut.jpgImage Enlarger

This month’s Uncut magazine has a major article with Paul, Ringo, Peter Jackson and others looking back at the January 1969 sessions, and forward to Jackson’s film. Seems the news on the further delay was too late to prevent what looks like the first major glimpse at what  to expect:

Fifty years on, where do you start with Let It Be ? For The Beatles, the answer is a complicated one. Filmed in early 1969, director Michael Lindsay-Hogg’s documentary contains some of the very best audio-vérité footage of the band assembling songs, not to mention their last public concert ever, on the rooftop of Apple Corps’ headquarters at 3 Savile Row; but it also foreshadows their breakup nearly 15 months later. Perhaps understandably, it’s not a project for which the band have historically shown much enthusiasm. “It went into the things that happen in any family: little fights, little niggles, little mistrust, little this, little that,” Ringo Starr tells Uncut.

“The movie and the album didn’t come out until May 1970 and they were in the middle of their divorce,” filmmaker Peter Jackson explains. “The band was breaking up and they were suing each other and obviously it was a very stressful, unhappy time.”

Jackson should know. The filmmaker has been entrusted with fashioning a new film, The Beatles: Get Back – an alternate documentary using Lindsay-Hogg’s extensive original footage. For our first Beatles cover in three years, Jackson, Lindsay-Hogg, Paul McCartney , Ringo and a cast of supporting players help John Robinson get back to the Fabs’ January rehearsals in Twickenham Film Studios – and look forward to Jackson’s new film.

29 June 2020
11.58pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3718sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cirque du Soleil, The Beatles’ partners in the show Love, have applied for bankruptcy protection in Canada (where they’re headquartered) while sacking 3,500 staff to avoid bankruptcy. It’s not known what effect this might have on the touring production of Love and the Los Angeles based production, though one has to think that the touring production is dead in the water.

Into the Sky with Diamonds

30 June 2020
10.02am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
3719sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
Cirque du Soleil, The Beatles’ partners in the show Love, have applied for bankruptcy protection in Canada (where they’re headquartered) while sacking 3,500 staff to avoid bankruptcy. It’s not known what effect this might have on the touring production of Love and the Los Angeles based production, though one has to think that the touring production is dead in the water.

I had tickets to a Cirque show in Chicago – as part of my plans when I was going to the American Library Association conference – *sniffle*, I would have been flying home today if the conference had have happened. Coronavirus ate my conference, my Cirque show, and my Cubs game. If that’s the worst I have to suffer from this pandemic, I’m one of the lucky ones.

Into the Sky with Diamonds
1 July 2020
5.46am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3720sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ringo’s announced an online concert mixing at-home performances and concert footage for his 80th birthday next Tuesday. Ringo’s Big Birthday Show, will be live on his YouTube channel at 8pm EST on 7th July, and will feature, among others — Paul, Sheryl Crow, Gary Clark, Jr., Sheila E, Ben Harper, Steve Earle, Peter Frampton, and Judy Collins.

The show will also debut a new version of Give More Love featuring Jackson Browne, Jeff Bridges, Elvis Costello, Willie Nelson, and others.

More here.

Ahhh Girl, ewe2

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694