Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles News
26 March 2019
7.00am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2143
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3461sp_Permalink sp_Print

Shamrock Womlbs said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8where?

https://www.perthnow.com.au/en…..881147418z

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Shamrock Womlbs

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

26 March 2019
4.36pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

@Timothy  said
Glad Paul commented on Michael Jackson. He was a pedophile and he is best forgotten. 

I haven’t posted in well over a week (closer to 2 weeks) so of course it’s an MJ comment that brings me back.

Robson and Safechuck’s allegations are as baseless as could possibly be. The “documentary” ‘Leaving Neverland’ is completely emotionally-manipulative and if your sole source of identifying Jackson as a paedophile is LN, then you need to look at Robson’s continuous changing his first alleged-sexual encounter with Jackson (I believe we’re on 4 different retellings since 2013), his constant support of Jackson until 2013, and profiting from him*, suddenly remembering this horrific molestation he has allegedly undergone once he had been refused a job by Cirque de Soleil for Jackson’s ‘One’ show in Vegas.

He was ordered to produce his diary entries in his deposition where he wrote “my story of abuse and its effects will make me relatable/relevant” (page 66), and he wrote, “it’s time for me to get mine!”, and refused to explain what he meant, when questioned under oath.

Safechuck is less in the public-eye, being he isn’t really a showbiz person unlike Robson. However, he has also lied. He claimed in LN that he was asked to testify for Jackson’s defence “towards the end of the trial”, yet he refused to do so, despite the fact Robson was never asked to testify, and was literally banned from doing so because he was not one of the select named children that the Judge ruled (long before the trial started, may I add) may testify.

Both Safechuck and Robson have said they don’t care about money and are only suing the Jackson estate to give courage to other abuse victims by holding the Jackson estate responsible. Well, the lawsuit was originally filed under seal, which would make it not a matter of public record, and Robson tried to get a settlement from the estate with zero publicity. It wasn’t until the estate refused to pay that he went public with his allegations.

*He sold his items to Julien’s Auction who said, “He consigned multiple items and wanted us to sell all items of his that had value.”. If you’ve seen LN, the last shot is a burning sequin glove and Thriller jacket which the director Dan Reed suggested was “the real deal”, it clearly wasn’t as he tried to sell everything of value relating to Jackson.

I’m willing to go through Chandler and Arvizo’s cases, and that infamous maid (who ships her lies around to any news station who’ll give her a hunk of cash, like Jackson behaved inappropriately with Brett Barnes and Macauley Culkin who have always vehemently denied any allegations of misconduct by Jackson towards them. She also said in Jackson’s 2005 trial, where he was acquitted on all counts, that she witnessed Culkin and Jackson kissing, and she then “walked off” Culkin later took the stand for the defense and said absolutely nothing inappropriate happened between himself and Jackson.

Yes, Jackson did weird things, and no I wouldn’t let any children of mine share a room with a 30 year old man who wasn’t a relative. But the Leaving Neverland cases are true trial by media. It’s unfortunate that so many people just swallow what they see at face value and don’t actually look beyond a show that is very carefully edited with ‘sad music’, and ‘scary’ music when deemed appropriate by director Dan Reed who has no defense when any comments are raised criticising his work, or trying to seek clarity on events where he has deliberately misled the audience. 

If a person came out about Jackson who didn’t have constant contradictory stories or didn’t seem to be financially influenced but rather interested in getting justice for sexual assault victims than I would believe them. As of now, there has been no-one who meets that criteria and I don’t know if there ever will be. 

It’s a shame that Paul like so many others has not done a bit of outside research on who Safechuck and Robson are, and what they’ve said but I bet €10, we’ll be hearing Thriller on the radio at Halloween again.

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

26 March 2019
4.43pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
3463sp_Permalink sp_Print

Very mature response from Paul regarding the situation, I’m glad he has spoken out. 

Regarding @AppleScruffJunior ‘s post: While you are of course entitled to your opinion, I am concerned that this discussion will both completely derail this thread and perhaps become too unpleasant for the Forum, given the nature of what is involved. I would write a lengthly response to what you’ve said, but I don’t think it would be appropriate. If there must be a discussion, I think it should at least be moved to a more fitting thread (maybe the current world events one). 

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

Timothy

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

26 March 2019
4.45pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

Oh yes of course I forgot to add to move any further conversation to another thread, there’s no need for it to be here. I know there used to be an MJ thread but I imagine it’s locked now.

Also the vast majority of my comment isn’t opinion, it’s fact a-hard-days-night-george-10heart

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

27 March 2019
6.42am
and I loved her yesterday
somewhere unfamiliar
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 111
3465sp_Permalink sp_Print

It was on a Spanish radio, but the person I saw talk about it, I can’t find any link on their account to the article they were mentioning.

Don't worry, son, we'll get you the best lawyer trading stamps can buy.
27 March 2019
9.38am
Shamrock Womlbs
Waiting for the van to come
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3971
3466sp_Permalink sp_Print

and I loved her yesterday said
It was on a Spanish radio, but the person I saw talk about it, I can’t find any link on their account to the article they were mentioning.

a-hard-days-night-ringo-7 i don’t get that 

"I Need You by George Harrison"

27 March 2019
6.31pm
and I loved her yesterday
somewhere unfamiliar
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 111
3467sp_Permalink sp_Print

Shamrock Womlbs said

and I loved her yesterday said

a-hard-days-night-ringo-7 i don’t get that 

Ah, I originally found the news on Twitter. The person who started the thread stated that they had the article link on their account, it wasn’t there. Weirdly, I didn’t read the posts beforehand, don’t worry about my statement.

Don't worry, son, we'll get you the best lawyer trading stamps can buy.
28 March 2019
2.25am
Shamrock Womlbs
Rishikesh
Members
3468sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh, i see. paul-mccartney-thumb_gifjohn-lennon-salute_gif

29 March 2019
1.20pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3469sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul-with-Joe-Flannery.jpgImage Enlarger

Sad Beatles news today: Joe Flannery, childhood friend of Brian and lifelong confidante, The Beatles booking agent from 1962-63, passed away on 27 March at the age of 89.

The sad news of his death was announced in a statement by his nephew Norman Meek yesterday, revealing he had died at home in Aigburth, Liverpool:

He had been unwell for the past month but he was still making plans for the future. Fans from all over the world would call at his home and he was always happy to speak with them. He had a song, “Much Missed Man,” and I’m sure the city would agree with that sentiment.

Strangely, he knew the Beatles before Brian did, meeting them in 1959 when his flat became a meeting place for the Liverpool groups. His brother, Pete, was Lee Curtis of Lee Curtis and the All-Stars (the group Brian shuffled Pete Best off to). They’d often crash on his floor and he’d drive them home in the morning, teaching George to drive in the process.

He has been a regular on the Beatles Convention circuit for a while, and was much loved for his generosity, always ready to give time for fans.

He remained close to all the Beatles, last speaking to John seven weeks before his death, for instance (when John told him he wanted to hire the QEII for a grand return home sailing up the Mersey. Joe told he wasn’t sure the river had been dredged in years and could handle a ship that big. John asked him to check it out. ahdn_john_08_gifjohn-lennon-salute_gif Typical John!)

He published a memoir in 2013, Standing in the Wings: The Beatles, Brian Epstein and Me. Well worth a read.

RIP Joseph Flannery (1931-27 March 2019)

a-hard-days-night-paul-10a-hard-days-night-paul-10a-hard-days-night-paul-10a-hard-days-night-paul-10a-hard-days-night-paul-10

heartheartheartheartheart

And, Sir,

john-lennon-salute_gifjohn-lennon-salute_gifjohn-lennon-salute_gifjohn-lennon-salute_gifjohn-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Richard, QuarryMan, Beatlebug, Von Bontee, ewe2, Leppo

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

29 March 2019
7.43pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
3470sp_Permalink sp_Print

RIP Joe! heartjohn-lennon-salute_gif

30 March 2019
8.02pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221

Ringo Starr in the Studio Working on a New Album

yes.gifImage Enlarger

Ringo Starr , who will turn 79 in July, is back in the studio recording a new album, Billboard confirmed Sunday (March 17).   

“He has been working on a new record for a few months,” his representative said in an email. There’s no word on when it will be released.

The first clue to the new album came March 14 when Ringo Starr ‘s recording engineer Bruce Sugar posted a picture of himself, Ringo and All-Starr Band guitarist Steve Lukather on Facebook with the caption, “Another great day in the Studio…”  

Ringo tweeted the same day: “In the studio again with the great Steve Lukather what a guy. Peace and Love.”  

ringo.JPGImage Enlarger

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Getbackintheussr, Beatlebug, Richard, vonbontee
31 March 2019
12.25pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
3472sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yay! I did really like some of the singles from his last one. 

Getbackintheussr

1 April 2019
10.08pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025
3473sp_Permalink sp_Print

He’s never going to stop, is he ahdn_ringo_09

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

1 April 2019
10.45pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
3474sp_Permalink sp_Print

ewe2 said
He’s never going to stop, is he ahdn_ringo_09  

Before I clicked on this post (after seeing the little text-preview pop-up) I predicted that ewe would use that exact smiley. That EXACT one. I CALLED IT. a-hard-days-night-george-4

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

ewe2

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

8 April 2019
12.31pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24960

The 11-second segment of the Beatles performance of ‘Paperback Writer ‘ on ‘Top of the Pops’ discovered last year in Mexico has been shown on the BBC news, and no doubt will crop up elsewhere. 11 seconds is all there is.

Reading elsewhere, both performances do exist but do not circulate. Apparently, Apple found a copy in 1994 when putting together the ‘Anthology’ series but it was such poor quality it was left unused.

I understand why it’s making the news but 11 seconds of footage is very difficult to get excited about, especially when that’s all there is from that source. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

QuarryMan, Ahhh Girl, ewe2

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

8 April 2019
3.29pm
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
3476sp_Permalink sp_Print

The whole BBC tape destruction thing is one of the great tragedies of modern culture, particularly with stuff like this and those missing Doctor Who episodes.

8 April 2019
5.46pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24960

I get the fascination with seeing the performance considering it was taped live but I doubt it would be at the top of a Beatle fan’s holy grail of what to see or hear as is suggested in the BBC report. Various concerts including UK shows especially early-1963 and before, certain outtakes (‘Carnival Of Light ‘ for one) and unreleased home demos would surely all be higher up the list as would the ‘Thank Your Lucky Stars’ episode where they mimed ‘Yes it Is’ and ‘Eight Days A Week ‘.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

QuarryMan

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

9 April 2019
5.24am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
3478sp_Permalink sp_Print

I guess it’s just the intrigue of seeing them play that song, since as we know their live performances were suffering by this point. 

Ahhh Girl

9 April 2019
6.20am
Shamrock Womlbs
Rishikesh
Members
3479sp_Permalink sp_Print

Not much different than the version they did in Japan, i guess 

10 April 2019
11.25pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

The Glastonbury Festival returns this year after a fallow year, however it is the 2020 Glastonbury Festival, the 50th Anniversary, that is attracting attention.

Emily Eavis, who largely runs the festival now, recently revealed that two of the biggest names had already been booked to headline. Her father, Michael Eavis, seemed to let slip in an interview with BBC Somerset that one of them may be Paul.

In the interview, ME commented that, “Paul’s on good form at the moment.”

Asked, “Coming here?” ME replied, “Hopefully for the 50th,” before quickly adding, “Don’t make a big thing of it though, will you?”

So, did ME confirm Paul’s returning to Glastonbury for a second time?

I was there when he headlined in 2004, one of the great Paul live experiences, so “Hopefully” indeed!

And for our Australian friends, if you’re anywhere near Melbourne in the next few months, Melbourne Museum has an exhibition named “The Revolutions: Records and Rebels” opening on 27 April for four months.

Covering the mid- to late-’60s, it sounds like the exhibition Nasty and @Ahhh Girl saw at the V&A in London in 2016 (which I know has been travelling the world since), something we both enjoyed very much. Lots of Beatles stuff included, though maybe not all that was in London as some of the London exhibits were loaned from Paul, Ringo, Olivia and Yoko.

Well worth a visit if you can. At the V&A it was called “You Say You Want a Revolution ? Records and Rebels 1966-1970″ but it does sound like it’s roughly the same exhibition.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

QuarryMan, Ahhh Girl, ScarlettFieldsForever, Beatlebug, ewe2

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Old Soak, Timpetus
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24960, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694