Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles News
20 June 2018
1.53pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Haven’t youtube upped the amount they pay for music played on their site? Makes financial sense, if that’s right, for the Beatles catalogue to be made available; it’s a glaring omission, even if it is less than the cost of per stream.

Also shows that Apple is finally getting near the present times instead of being stuck in the Nineties. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

20 June 2018
3.53pm
SunKing
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
Forum Posts: 25
3322sp_Permalink sp_Print

I notice LIBN is also not on Spotify (and I assume other services).  Why is this treated so differently?

20 June 2018
10.23pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

Holy fecking hell, folks! We are getting a deluxe 50th anniversary White Album !

Best Classic Bands reports Paul has told DIY Magazine:

“It’s all in place. I’ve just got a couple of essays [to approve]. It’s all lined up and it’s really good.”

He says more, “…we’ve also got some demos of the songs…”, but I’m on my phone and struggle to post on it.

Someone find the Best Classic Bands article and post a link please, and the full quote.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, The Hole Got Fixed, ewe2, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

21 June 2018
12.54am
Shamrock Womlbs
Waiting for the van to come
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3968

The following people thank Shamrock Womlbs for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Ron Nasty, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I Need You by George Harrison"

21 June 2018
2.19am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3325sp_Permalink sp_Print

The full quote from diymag.com

Have you finished preparing the 50th anniversary package of that one yet?

It’s all in place, I’ve just got a couple of essays [to approve]. It’s all lined up and it’s really good.

Are there any moments you’d forgotten about when you were trawling back through the archives?

Something sparks another memory, but it’s really nice because we were a great little band – I think we can agree on that. So for me to be a part of that and to be remembering it is great; all these little things remind me of it and I do learn things.

The album itself [‘The White Album ’] is very cool and it sounds like you’re in the room; that’s the great thing about doing remasters. But we’ve also got some demos of the songs, so you get things stripped right back to just John’s voice and a guitar. You just think, how fucking good was John?! Amazing. We were just doing it; it was amazing. We were having a good time.

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, Ron Nasty, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 June 2018
1.55am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111

Paul’s Carpool Karaoke with James Corden is up at YouTube.

*sniff*

[x-posted at the Egypt Station thread]

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Richard, WeepingAtlasCedars

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

22 June 2018
11.19am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3327sp_Permalink sp_Print

Huge thanks to @Shamrock Womlbs and @meanmistermustard for helping me out on the White Album story. I got so close to posting it properly using my laptop. It was all typed and ready. I pressed post, and my network kicked me offline because I only had 192MBs of data left. blue-meanie

I just thought it was an important exchange between Paul and the interviewer, and was amazed Paul has confirmed it’s on its way so early. I expected it to be like Pepper, and if there was a 50th anniversary release on its way, we’d get confirmation in late September (Pepper deluxe was confirmed 1 April last year, two months before its 1 June official anniversary).

The talk about the Esher demos (whether all of them or not), and “…so you get things stripped right back to just John’s voice and a guitar…”, confirms it is not just a straightforward anniversary re-release like the 30th.

Apple may still be staying quite, but I don’t think there’s any doubt an expanded WA is on its around about 22 November. Even if it only added the Esher demos, it would be a good addition to the shelf, but that seems impossible after Pepper, so instead of speculating about if, as we have done, we can now start speculating about what it could contain.

They may not have messed with the outtakes on Anthology quite as much as did with Pepper, but mess with them they did. There’s already an obvious list for many of us (I can imagine mmm expecting Not Guilty  to get a proper airing), though it may be wishful thinking to hope for the 27 minute Helter Skelter .

ewe2, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

22 June 2018
12.13pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025
3328sp_Permalink sp_Print

Given the existence of a really good bootleg copy of the Esher demos, it wouldn’t surprise me if they released that, but there might be an issue with particular songs. But this is amazing news, I just wish they’d done this for Revolver .

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

22 June 2018
12.43pm
Shamrock Womlbs
Waiting for the van to come
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3968
3329sp_Permalink sp_Print

John playing and singing Good night would be fab… or how they developed Happiness Is A Warm Gun

"I Need You by George Harrison"

22 June 2018
1.05pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3330sp_Permalink sp_Print

At risk of causing a scene after recent events.

There is already a thread for speculating on a 50th ‘White Album ‘ release, can posts go in there at all.

25 June 2018
4.37am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3331sp_Permalink sp_Print

Maybe a reason for the sudden appearance of The Beatles on YouTube is that YT plays now count toward the charts.

Former Beatles haunt, The Grapes on Mathew Street, closed its doors at the beginning if June, and it’s unknown why, and when it will reopen, though its owners expect that it will.

Seems there are problems with the current people running it. Talk of unpaid bills.

SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

25 June 2018
6.18pm
Elementary Penguin
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1008
3332sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul on Carpool Karaoke was brilliant! I wish it was longer.

I am also looking forward to the White Album Deluxe Edition as well. 

The following people thank Elementary Penguin for this post:

Beatlebug

And in the end the lunch you take is equal to the lunch you bake.

28 June 2018
6.26pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Ooo, this sounds like a doozy.

Roag Best, brother of Pete, son of longest standing Beatles employee Neil Aspinall, is opening a five-floor museum on Mathew Street called Magical History Museum on 20 July.

It will include 300 items from his personal collection of around 1200 items, with 25% of the exhibition being rotated each January.

We will be taking people on a journey though the Beatles’ career but unlike any other museum before it, every part of the journey will be accompanied with memorabilia.

Many things they will never have seen before, others they will have seen back in the day but not for many years.

Items included in the initial opening include George’s Futurama guitar, John’s Pepper medals (lent to him by Mona Best), the cello from I Am The Walrus and Pete’s Premier kit.

One of my complaints about The Beatles Story, as @Ahhh Girl could tell you, was that while it tells the story pretty well, very few of the artefacts are genuine.

Sounds like this is going to be very different, and prices seem reasonable (£15 for adults, £7.50 for children, under-fives free).

Facebook page already up, asking for guesses on what some items items are based on “What is this?” pictures.

This excites me very much. Roag’s an interesting guy, The Casbah visit – hosted by him – was among my Top 3 Beatles visits in Liverpool, part of Roag’s collection comes from Neil…

It’s going to blow people’s minds.

With the Liverpool Museum having the John & Yoko exhibition on this year, sounds like a good time to revisit the city if a trip can be afforded…

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, Richard, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

28 June 2018
7.52pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
3334sp_Permalink sp_Print

Got to start saving now.

29 June 2018
6.56pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I’m trying to work out if I can afford a long weekend up there later in the year.

In other news, Paul’s Carpool Karaoke is believed to be behind The Beatles 1 album jumping from #90 to #31 in this week’s UK album chart.

It has also been revealed that the Yellow Submarine cinema showings will include the lyrics with a bouncing ball at the bottom of the screen to encourage audience singalongs according to Deadline.com.

I can imagine certain gnashing teeth from some here, including me, about this!

(Can’t work out how to post links on phone, sorry!)

Ahhh Girl, Richard, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

29 June 2018
10.10pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2126
3336sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
In other news, Paul’s Carpool Karaoke is believed to be behind The Beatles 1 album jumping from #90 to #31 in this week’s UK album chart.

That’s great to hear. There is always a resurgence with The Beatles. They are never going away. 

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

Richard, The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, BeatleSnut, WeepingAtlasCedars

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

30 June 2018
2.43pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3337sp_Permalink sp_Print

I once went to one of those audience participation events, was for ‘The Rocky Horror Picture Show’ and I didn’t realise before I went in. Walked out after 10 minutes. 

I’m paying to watch a film like normal at the cinema where the audience are silent, not joining in.

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

1 July 2018
1.47am
Billy Rhythm
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 953
3338sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
I once went to one of those audience participation events, was for ‘The Rocky Horror Picture Show’ and I didn’t realise before I went in. Walked out after 10 minutes. 

I’m paying to watch a film like normal at the cinema where the audience are silent, not joining in.  

same thing happened to me way back in the day…  a midnight showing where you expected to kick back and watch what I believed to be a “horror” film before turning in but, instead?  the audience was out of their minds…  when it rained on the screen everyone was squirtin’ spray bottles at you and, what was with the toast?!  while I may have lasted more than “10 minutes”, I spaced myself out the nearest airlock at the earliest convenience…:-)

13 July 2018
12.02pm
Richard
North of England
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5268

Joe said
All the songs on all the Beatles’ albums* have been uploaded to YouTube, on the official channel (stereo remasters).

This seems like a pretty big deal, and unthinkable only a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/user/t…..elf_id=142

* Apart from the BBC sessions, LIB Naked, Yellow Submarine Songtrack and Hollywood Bowl, but let’s not be ungrateful, eh?  

After recent channel updates: the BBC sessions, LIB Naked, Yellow Submarine Songtrack , Hollywood Bowl, and Love are all available now on the official YouTube channel.  Similarly, all those albums are now on Spotify too.

The following people thank Richard for this post:

Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

And in the end

The love you take is equal to the love you make

uk-flag-v-small-3.png

23 July 2018
1.13pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
3340sp_Permalink sp_Print

In case you haven’t seen this yet, Paul is doing a Q&A session.

qa.JPGImage Enlarger

Join Paul for a Facebook Live Q & A
Wednesday 25th July, 2018 – 2:00PM BST

Paul McCartney in Casual Conversation

Paul will be returning to his old school in Liverpool, now The Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (LIPA) for an intimate hour long Q & A and conversation session with LIPA students. The event will be streamed live on Facebook allowing fans from all over the world to tune in and watch Paul talk about his career and his forthcoming new album ‘Egypt Station’ which will be released on September 7.

For those watching the event on Facebook they too have the opportunity to join in. Paul would like to ask fans from around the world to submit questions to THIS POST in advance. A select few will be chosen to be answered as part of the event.

Anyone holding out hope that there will be a few good questions asked/answered? Or do you think we will get the same old drivel?

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690