Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles News
29 March 2017
9.58pm
Elementary Penguin
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3001sp_Permalink sp_Print

I had this horrible thought that the Deluxe Edition of Pepper would have a bonus disc of outtakes that had the same tracks from Anthology 2 and it didn’t have Carnival Of Light on it.

I hope this wasn’t a premonition but it was still horrific.

The following people thank Elementary Penguin for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug

And in the end the lunch you take is equal to the lunch you bake.

31 March 2017
12.53pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3002sp_Permalink sp_Print

Something is happening on The Beatles’ social media sites.

A colour strip has appeared on all within the last few hours:

beatles-dotcom.jpgImage Enlarger

beatles-facebook.jpgImage Enlarger

beatles-twitter.jpgImage Enlarger

The four colours of the stripes correspond to the colours of the Pepper uniforms.

Seems like the build-up to the announcement of the 50th Anniversary Edition of Pepper has begun…

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Expert Textpert, Ahhh Girl, Martha, The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, Leppo, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

31 March 2017
4.26pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Things are definitely happening, Ringo just tweeted with a comment added to the colour bar…

Ringo-Pepper.jpgImage Enlarger

The colour bar now appears on all solo accounts, with Yoko adding an all yellow one to the standard on John’s twitter…

Lennon-Pepper.jpgImage Enlarger

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars, Expert Textpert, Martha

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

31 March 2017
6.54pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
3004sp_Permalink sp_Print

Exciting stuff. Feels like waiting for Santa.

The following people thank Expert Textpert for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, SgtPeppersBulldog

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

31 March 2017
7.06pm
Leppo
London
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 657

That’s odd there was an announcement on The Beatles official site and a photo of a birth certificate with Billy Shears name on it but it’s been taken down. 

The following people thank Leppo for this post:

William Shears Campbell, William Shears Campbell, SgtPeppersBulldog

Pivotal Moments in Beatles History No.118:  Yoko helps herself to one of George's digestives. 

31 March 2017
7.10pm
Leppo
London
Hollywood Bowl
Members
3006sp_Permalink sp_Print

Image Enlarger

WeepingAtlasCedars, William Shears Campbell, William Shears Campbell, William Shears Campbell, The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, Ahhh Girl, Martha

Pivotal Moments in Beatles History No.118:  Yoko helps herself to one of George's digestives. 

31 March 2017
10.28pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
3007sp_Permalink sp_Print

@William Shears Campbell, remember that Joe has a ban on multi-thanks now.

I was going to say that Ringo had died, and find a link to false claim, but Leppo beat me to the April Fools boat.john-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Leppo, SgtPeppersBulldog

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

31 March 2017
10.43pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
3008sp_Permalink sp_Print

@The Hole Got Fixed said
@William Shears Campbell, remember that Joe has a ban on multi-thanks now.

I was going to say that Ringo had died, and find a link to false claim, but Leppo beat me to the April Fools boat.john-lennon-salute_gif  

I know, I just habitually hit the thanks multiple timespaul-mccartney. I’m trying to stop. Also my mouse randomly double-clicks sometimes like WeepyC’s

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

1 April 2017
9.31am
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
3009sp_Permalink sp_Print

No big deal, as long as you keep the multi thanking to a minimum I don’t think Joe will mind if one slips.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

William Shears Campbell

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

1 April 2017
6.10pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3010sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just discovered another tweet on the subject of the Pepper reissue, this from Keith Allison, former bassist with Paul Revere & The Raiders, and friend of Sir Ringo of Starr, last Thursday:

If you’re a Beatle fan you might like this this story…I know I do. *This June 1st will be the 50th anniversary of Sgt. Pepper album. March 30th is the anniversary of cover photo shoot.

A couple months ago I was at Ringo’s home. We were in his man cave watching tv, when a delivery from England came in. It’s was from Giles Martin, George Martins son. What’s this? It’s the Sgt. Pepper album remastered. I said, “I haven’t listened to this in I don’t know how long.” Ringo exclaimed, “You haven’t heard it in a long time? I haven’t listened to it in decades.” So we decide to listen to it on his high def top of the line system. So here we are sitting on the sofa, facing the Tv, muted, but with soap operas playing. We listened to every track together. I thought, this is a historically great moment. Sitting here with my friend, listening to Sgt. Pepper , that he’s on as a Beatle, and that he hasn’t listen to track by track, since it came out.

Only two copies of the remastered Sgt. Pepper album were sent out, one to McCartney and one to Ringo, to be approved by them both. So what did Ringo think? He thought it was great! Why? Because it originally was recorded on a 4-track with a lot of over dubs, which buried the drums. Now, the drums have been lifted and come through as they should. He was pleased. You’ll be glad to know it was remastered at EMI Studios where it was originally recorded.

I remember the first time I heard Sgt. Pepper . It was in Carmel, at Raiders drummer Mike ‘Smitty’ Smith’s home. He got an advanced copy prior to its release. We sat there listening to it, in its entirety. Revisiting certain songs.

Now, some of it’s rubbish – no way Yoko and Olivia didn’t also get copies, but it’s the first report of a Beatle hearing it and reacting to it.

WeepingAtlasCedars, Necko, SgtPeppersBulldog, Leppo, Martha

2 April 2017
10.58pm
Elementary Penguin
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1008

I am waiting to see what extra content will be on the deluxe edition.

And in the end the lunch you take is equal to the lunch you bake.

2 April 2017
11.24pm
Shamrock Womlbs
Waiting for the van to come
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3971
3012sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just hope it’s nothing like Whoopi Goldberg or Sigourney weaver or Ron Howard telling us how mind blowing was listening to Sgt. Pepper for the first time and blahblahblah….

The following people thank Shamrock Womlbs for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

"I Need You by George Harrison"

3 April 2017
10.40am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24963
3013sp_Permalink sp_Print

Shamrock Womlbs said
I just hope it’s nothing like Whoopi Goldberg or Sigourney weaver or Ron Howard telling us how mind blowing was listening to Sgt. Pepper for the first time and blahblahblah….  

Apple aren’t that bad.  

It will be a bonus dvd of new exclusive interviews with Paul and Ringo telling us stuff we’ve known for the last 50 years played over looped fragments of outtakes we’ve never heard before, along with the promo videos for ‘ PL’,  ‘SFF’, and ‘ADITL’, all of which feature 3 seconds of previously unseen footage – if you haven’t seen the footage before. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

3 April 2017
12.45pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3014sp_Permalink sp_Print

If anyone has a spare £8,950,000, Kenwood is up for sale. There’s a nice little 15-image slideshow of the internal and external as it is now.

SgtPeppersBulldog

4 April 2017
3.12pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
3015sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Apple aren’t that bad.  

It will be a bonus dvd of new exclusive interviews with Paul and Ringo telling us stuff we’ve known for the last 50 years played over looped fragments of outtakes we’ve never heard before, along with the promo videos for ‘ PL’,  ‘SFF’, and ‘ADITL’, all of which feature 3 seconds of previously unseen footage – if you haven’t seen the footage before.   

Apple are absolutely fantastic compared to the people who handle that kind of stuff for the Beach Boys .

Anyway, I’m incredibly hyped. HYPED I TELL THEE!

The following people thank Linde for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog
5 April 2017
11.15am
Leppo
London
Hollywood Bowl
Members

Brian Matthew who was a BBC presenter since 1954 and friend of the Beatles is critically ill but was wrongly reported to have died.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ente…..s-39500773  Lets hope he makes a recovery.

SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

5 April 2017
6.33pm
Leppo
London
Hollywood Bowl
Members

The same guy who uncovered a film of a Police cadet show behind Paul’s old home has uncovered another film possibly featuring a 12 year old Paul and his mum on a tram. Even if it isn’t Paul it’s an interesting film. I love watching old film of Liverpool to see what the Beatles lived through. I have previously seen an old film about Liverpool trams but this one is different.  http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk…..e-12843433

SgtPeppersBulldog, moriz

6 April 2017
12.37pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
3018sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said, 3/6/17 
Well, it’s just about time to falsely get my hopes up for Carnival Of Light again.   

Well, it happened again. 

See: Futurama.Image Enlarger

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

8 April 2017
6.26am
Leppo
London
Hollywood Bowl
Members

Ron Nasty said
If anyone has a spare £8,950,000, Kenwood is up for sale. There’s a nice little 15-image slideshow of the internal and external as it is now.  

I’m always worried that someone will buy it who doesn’t care about it’s history and flatten it. I heard the local council had given the go ahead for Sunny Heights to be flattened a few years ago which is very sad (I don’t know if it was). It would be a dream of mine just to visit Kenwood and have a look around. Maybe I’ll pose as a millionaire and ask for a viewing. Yoko or Julian could save it. Or maybe Liam and Noel could club together.

2 May 2017
2.06pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3020sp_Permalink sp_Print

And now for something completely different from the usual Pepper news…

17-5120_beatles-ann-img.jpgImage Enlarger

SiriusXM are launching an officially sanctioned Beatles radio station on May 18.

The following statement appears on The Beatles site:

• First ever Beatles-backed radio channel to feature exclusive programming, spanning the songs, stories, influences and legacy of The Fab Four 

• The Beatles Channel launch to be celebrated with SiriusXM’s free listening preview program, offering 24/7 listening on inactive satellite radios

SiriusXM is pleased to announce The Beatles Channel, launching May 18 at 9:09 am ET exclusively on SiriusXM channel 18. Celebrating popular music’s most legendary and influential band, The Beatles Channel has been created by SiriusXM to present unique and exclusive programming in collaboration with and fully authorized by The Beatles’ Apple Corps Ltd. The Beatles Channel will also be available online and through the SiriusXM app. 

The Beatles Channel will showcase all-things-Beatles with regular and special programming spanning the history-making careers of the band and its members: John Lennon , Paul McCartney , George Harrison and Ringo Starr . The channel will explore The Beatles’ entire career including their hits and deeper tracks, live recordings, rarities, and solo albums, while also spotlighting musicians who have inspired, and have drawn inspiration from, The Beatles. 

Paul McCartney said, “I still remember the thrill of when we first heard our music on the radio, but I don’t think any of us would have imagined that we’d have our very own Beatles radio channel more than 50 years later. The SiriusXM channel will have it all, 8 Days a Week.”

Ringo Starr added, “Great news, The Beatles will have their own channel on SiriusXM. Now you can listen to The Beatles, Any Time At All . Peace & Love.”

“We are so proud to announce the most popular band in history has joined us for their own SiriusXM channel,” said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer of SiriusXM. “We’ve worked with The Beatles and Apple Corps Ltd. to create a channel that is as vital today as when the band’s music was first recorded. The channel will be all-things-Beatles, 24/7. The soundtrack of our world, made by John, Paul, George and Ringo.”  

The Beatles Channel will launch at exactly 9:09 am ET on Thursday May 18, and will be celebrated as part of SiriusXM’s free listening preview program, offering 24/7 listening on inactive SiriusXM radios from May 17 to May 30.

The Beatles Channel will present a curated mix of music tailored to a wide range of Beatles fans, along with a variety of regular shows and specials, including:

• Breakfast with The Beatles: A daily morning show hosted by musician and lifelong Beatles aficionado, Chris Carter, featuring music, stories and all things Beatles.

A Day In The Life : A daily feature noting milestones in the lives and career of The Beatles.

• My Fab Four: A daily guest DJ session, hosted by musicians influenced by The Beatles, celebrities, and super fan listeners, each playing their four favorite Beatles songs.

• Beatle Bites: A daily “name the song” quiz featuring a short snippet of a Beatles recording.

• Dedicated Phone: # 844-999-BEATLES, for fans to make requests and share their Beatles stories.

• The Fab Fourum: A live weekly call-in roundtable show hosted by veteran broadcaster Dennis Elsas; TV producer and author, Bill Flanagan; and panelists including authors, musicians and fans.

• Peter Asher: From Me To You : He sang Beatles compositions as a member of Peter & Gordon, was part of the formation of Apple Records and went on to become a multiple Grammy-winning producer and much more.   Now, his stories come to life in this exclusive weekly series. 

• Magical Mini Concert: A weekly fantasy concert featuring live music from The Beatles and their solo works.

• Northern Songs with Bill Flanagan:  A regular show from TV producer and author Flanagan, focusing on themes that tell the story of The Beatles, their music and the effect it had on generations of fans.

Get Back : The Beatles in Britain: A monthly show recorded in and around London and Liverpool that offers the UK perspective of the Beatles phenomenon, hosted by Geoff Lloyd.

On June 1, The Beatles Channel will celebrate “Pepper Day” on the 50th Anniversary of the band’s acclaimed Sgt. Pepper ’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, playing the album’s new Anniversary Edition stereo mix in its entirety. The album spotlight will be accompanied by commentary by the album’s original producer, the late George Martin, and by his son, Giles Martin, who produced the album’s new stereo and 5.1 surround mixes from The Beatles’ session tapes, guided by his father’s original, Beatles-preferred mono album mix. 

?

Necko, SgtPeppersBulldog, Martha, The Hole Got Fixed, Leppo, WeepingAtlasCedars, Ahhh Girl

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24963, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694