Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles News
5 March 2017
5.24pm
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2981sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Deluxe Sgt Pepper toenail clipper.

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

William Shears Campbell, William Shears Campbell

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

5 March 2017
6.03pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

Apparently, Giles Martin is working on a secret Psychedelic remix project so maybe it will be remixed versions with the two added in. Another thought is that this will herald the entire catalogue being remixed, like when ‘Pepper’ on CD brought about the others following.

Can’t we get straight outtakes instead of new remixes that were never planned or intended by the Beatles? I don’t want to hear how someone thinks the Beatles might have sounded in another time vortex.

After the crappiness that was the ‘Live’ mess i’d be happy if Giles never worked on anything Beatley again.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, William Shears Campbell, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, Zig, Von Bontee

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 March 2017
6.07pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2983sp_Permalink sp_Print

SgtPeppersBulldog said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Deluxe Sgt Pepper toenail clipper.  

The uber-deluxe comes with a full manicure set in the highest possible stainless steel. Yours for only $350.

SgtPeppersBulldog, William Shears Campbell, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 March 2017
9.44pm
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808
2984sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

The uber-deluxe comes with a full manicure set in the highest possible stainless steel. Yours for only $350.  

Still better than a pen inspired by the White Album . a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Evangeline for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, William Shears Campbell, Beatlebug

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

6 March 2017
12.24am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
2985sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, it’s just about time to falsely get my hopes up for Carnival Of Light again. 

The following people thank Necko for this post:

Beatlebug, Beatlebug

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

6 March 2017
2.09am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Necko said
Well, it’s just about time to falsely get my hopes up for Carnival Of Light again.   

If it makes you any happier we’ll all be with you when Apple promote it early on as featuring “containing previously unreleased and never heard material from the ‘Sgt. Pepper ‘ sessions on a track that didn’t see release in 1967″ only for us to discover it’s 5 seconds of Paul trying out an alternate trumpet part for ‘Only A Northern Song ‘. 

Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, Necko, HMBeatlesfan, HMBeatlesfan, WeepingAtlasCedars

7 March 2017
8.40pm
Into the Sky with Diamonds
New York
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1979
2987sp_Permalink sp_Print

OWL YOU NEED IS LOVE

Owl you need is love

The following people thank Into the Sky with Diamonds for this post:

Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog

"Into the Sky with Diamonds" (the Beatles and the Race to the Moon – a history)

9 March 2017
12.34pm
Leppo
London
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 657
2988sp_Permalink sp_Print

An interesting video has emerged which could show John, Paul and George in 1958 (although you can only see a faint image from a distance) http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/ce…..st-9996208

The following people thank Leppo for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Necko

Pivotal Moments in Beatles History No.118:  Yoko helps herself to one of George's digestives. 

14 March 2017
3.32am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2989sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul’s 2017 Record Store Day release has been announced.

Ahead of the Flowers In The Dirt  archive release, it’s a three track cassette featuring Paul and Elvis Costello’s demos of I Don’t Want to ConfessShallow Grave and Mistress and Maid.

paulm-rsd-cassette.jpgImage Enlarger

Interesting that Paul appears to have subverted the BASF logo to look rather like the pig whose ears John held on a postcard in riposte to Ram

I know… I know… reading too much into it…

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Ahhh Girl

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

14 March 2017
5.47am
Leppo
London
Hollywood Bowl
Members
2990sp_Permalink sp_Print

A while ago I had a good listen to all the demos Paul did with Elvis and I really think they should have kept it LoFi because there’s a fantastic quality on some of the accoustic demos which was lost on the final recordings.

Pivotal Moments in Beatles History No.118:  Yoko helps herself to one of George's digestives. 

14 March 2017
4.14pm
moriz
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 127
2991sp_Permalink sp_Print

I noticed that Paul’s channel posted a video and got so excited I didn’t even bother to use my mobile data. Hopefully I haven’t brought us too much closer to our wi-fi data limit from accidentally going on a sudden McCartney binge…

The following people thank moriz for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug
15 March 2017
6.59am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2992sp_Permalink sp_Print

London’s Metro paper today publishes further David Magnus photographs from his The Beatles Unseen exhibition, which opens at the Proud Chelsea gallery tomorrow (16 March) and runs until 14 May.

There are definitely some shots in this selection I have never seen before, including them relaxing in the Abbey Road canteen – with a policeman guarding them just in case!

You might want this to go on your list, @Ahhh Girl. Further details can be found here.

Leppo, William Shears Campbell, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

15 March 2017
8.00am
Leppo
London
Hollywood Bowl
Members
2993sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like this one

Image Enlarger

The following people thank Leppo for this post:

William Shears Campbell, SgtPeppersBulldog, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug, Beatlebug

15 March 2017
11.35am
SgtPeppersBulldog
Swinging London
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3157
2994sp_Permalink sp_Print

Leppo said

I like this one.

Image Enlarger

“I look at the cups and I see they need drinking…”

The following people thank SgtPeppersBulldog for this post:

William Shears Campbell

"Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles... " 

2017: 

15 March 2017
2.34pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2995sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahead of Flowers In The Dirt , Paul today made available the demo of Distractions for free download on his website.

William Shears Campbell

15 March 2017
5.36pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Ron Nasty said
Ahead of Flowers In The Dirt , Paul today made available the demo of Distractions for free download on his website.  

And so the nonsense begins. Why not just release all the songs on one damn release instead of having all this nonsense? Am I going to have to fly to America to visit a Best Buy store to get the demo of ‘Motor of Love’ as it has been released exclusively if you buy a tin of meat-free spam and a can of Mac C’s Ginger Beer before finding a Target store and buying 23 Christmas Angel Wings for an early mix of ‘Too Many People ‘?

Oh and there is a gorgeous alternate mix of ‘Distractions’ out there that is not on CD’s, it may be on the DVD or in the book on page 45 when you click on the 38th butterfly. 

Right from the start Paul made a complete disaster of this series and it only gets worse. Folk aren’t buying them as they are not worth it so instead of making them more shit, which will make fewer people buy them, why not improve the damn things with simple purchasing of all the music at sensible prices and stop forcing fans to have to buy shitty books that few give a crap about.

Beatlebug, Von Bontee

15 March 2017
11.01pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
2997sp_Permalink sp_Print

@meanmistermustard said
And so the nonsense begins. Why not just release all the songs on one damn release instead of having all this nonsense? Am I going to have to fly to America to visit a Best Buy store to get the demo of ‘Motor of Love’ as it has been released exclusively if you buy a tin of meat-free spam and a can of Mac C’s Ginger Beer before finding a Target store and buying 23 Christmas Angel Wings for an early mix of ‘Too Many People ‘?

Oh and there is a gorgeous alternate mix of ‘Distractions’ out there that is not on CD’s, it may be on the DVD or in the book on page 45 when you click on the 38th butterfly. 

Right from the start Paul made a complete disaster of this series and it only gets worse. Folk aren’t buying them as they are not worth it so instead of making them more shit, which will make fewer people buy them, why not improve the damn things with simple purchasing of all the music at sensible prices and stop forcing fans to have to buy shitty books that few give a crap about.  

I agree. What really irks me about this release is that the giant box set doesn’t even come with the main bonus disc with the B sides and that jazz. Instead you have to exclusively download it online. Why cant we just buy a little double/triple album of the album and some bonus material/b sides and be done with it. I honestly think that would sell 1,000x better.

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

22 March 2017
11.33am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2998sp_Permalink sp_Print

Liverpool has announced a series of events to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Sgt. Pepper between 25 May and 16 June.

Hailed as the first-ever ‘art rock’ album, the city is curating a unique festival which brings together world renowned artists and Liverpool-based talent, to pay homage to the 50th anniversary of what is widely regarded as the best rock and roll album of all time.

Sgt Pepper at 50: Heading for Home will use each track on the iconic Beatles album as the creative springboard for 13 brand new events. The world premiere commissions reimagine the original track, which will evolve into a mixture of large and intimate events covering the worlds of art, dance, music, poetry and theatre.

Meanwhile, the Flowers In The Dirt  nonsense continues a-hard-days-night-george-10, with Paul putting up a demo for This One on YT:

feature=youtu.be

While The Telegraph has an exclusive on some of the photos from the package that are previously unseen.

WeepingAtlasCedars

26 March 2017
5.34pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2999sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wogblog has posted more hopeful news, albeit only rumours, for ‘Pepper’s’ 50th Anniversary.

In other news, U.S. Beatles magazine Beatlefan brings forth rumours that the upcoming 50th anniversary edition of “Sgt. Pepper ‘s Lonely Hearts Club Band” will include a new stereo mix of the album, a new surroundsound mix, and outtakes from the album sessions. Still no confirmation on this from official sources, so again…stay tuned!

26 March 2017
7.12pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3000sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Wogblog has posted more hopeful news, albeit only rumours, for ‘Pepper’s’ 50th Anniversary.

In other news, U.S. Beatles magazine Beatlefan brings forth rumours that the upcoming 50th anniversary edition of “Sgt. Pepper ‘s Lonely Hearts Club Band” will include a new stereo mix of the album, a new surroundsound mix, and outtakes from the album sessions. Still no confirmation on this from official sources, so again…stay tuned!

As I said when the news first broke, I doubt the addition of PL/SFF will be it. Until the official announcement is made in 10 days time we will not know the truth.

SgtPeppersBulldog

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Magill
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694