Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles News
4 April 2016
6.23am
Bullion
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 185
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

meanmistermustard said

Don.W said
So John Lennon was definitely just featured in the newest episode of HBO’s Vinyl – a very small cameo and it doesn’t mention him by name but you can easily tell that’s who’s being depicted (with Yoko) . . whoever played him would be great for a modern day Beatles biopic

edit: he is mentioned two scenes later

John was played by Stephen Sullivan according to the Mirror.

I don’t want to jump the gun but perhaps if there is any future biopic on The Beatles or John Lennon he could reprise the role. It’s pretty cool the way they did it because at first he was kinda off to the side and let’s the viewer go from “hey . . that guy looks like John Lennon . . wait a minute, I think that’s suppose to be John Lennon ” and your suspicions aren’t confirmed until you see the photographer taking a picture of him. His name isn’t mentioned and then it cuts to a different scene before getting back to the scene with Lennon

On another note, I know there’s the Ron Howard movie and the 5th Beatle movie for Brian Epstein but it would be really cool to see a modern day feature film covering the whole story of The Beatles. The way Hollywood is constantly looking to cash in on anything I’m surprised it’s not already in the works, it would also benefit Apple greatly because a blockbuster movie would introduce their music to a whole new generation of young people

Image Enlarger

edit: in regards to the ‘5th Beatle’ movie about Brian Epstein, it appears that it will now be a “TV Event” series

http://thefifthbeatle.com/the-film/

SONAR ENTERTAINMENT TO DEVELOP THE FIFTH BEATLE AS EVENT SERIES

Author Vivek J. Tiwary to adapt his best-selling graphic novel for television

NEW YORK (March 7, 2016) – Sonar Entertainment has optioned the rights to New York Times #1 Best-Selling graphic novel, The Fifth Beatle: The Brian Epstein Story, written by Vivek J. Tiwary with art by Andrew C. Robinson and Kyle Baker, it was announced today by Tom Patricia, EVP, Event Series, Sonar Entertainment.  The critically acclaimed novel will be developed as a multi-part event series with Tiwary adapting his work for television and serving as executive producer. The project comes complete with Tiwary’s unprecedented access to the Lennon/McCartney song catalog – the first ever Beatles-related biopic to secure such rights.

“We are thrilled to be partnering with Vivek to expand his vision to another medium and expose a whole new audience to his riveting and audacious work,” said Patricia. “This story of the man behind the rise of The Beatles will captivate fans around the world and make for a compelling series that is both intimate and epic.”

Tiwary added, “Brian Epstein’s story is rich in inspiration and is set amidst a backdrop of great cultural change and the legendary history of The Beatles, so an event series truly feels like the only way to do Brian justice.  We’re going to do wonderful things with the extra creative room afforded to us and I’m thrilled to be working with Sonar to take advantage of all the exciting elements this format has to offer.”

The Fifth Beatle recounts the untold true story of legendary Beatles manager, Brian Epstein, and his effort to drive the unknown band from playing in a cellar in Liverpool to international super-stardom. Epstein overcame great obstacles, both personally and professionally, being a gay man in a time and place where homosexual acts were deemed a felony. As Paul McCartney himself once said, “If anyone was ‘The Fifth Beatle’ it was Brian.” The graphic novel, published by Dark Horse Comics in 2013, went on to win numerous literary awards including the Eisner Award, considered the ‘Academy Awards of the comics industry’, for Best Reality-Based work, and two Harvey Awards including Best Original Graphic Album, as well as several other accolades. In 2014 The Fifth Beatlewas added to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Library and Archives, in conjunction with Brian Epstein’s official induction.

Press Contact:

Rachel Depew, 42West – Rachel.Depew@42West.net

About Sonar Entertainment

Sonar Entertainment is a multi-faceted independent entertainment company designed to meet today’s ever-changing landscape in global television production and distribution.  With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the world, Sonar is uniquely positioned to participate in a wide range of ways in order to create television series, miniseries and movies.  The company develops, produces, acquires, finances, packages and distributes product both internationally and domestically. Current series include “The Shannara Chronicles,” for MTV; “Taboo,” starring Tom Hardy, for FX and BBC One; and “The Son,” for AMC. While primarily focused on the development and production of new product, Sonar is also the distributor of over 1,000 library titles comprised of award-winning programs from RHI Entertainment, Hallmark Entertainment and Hal Roach Studios, among others.

About Vivek J. Tiwary

Vivek J. Tiwary is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and a Tony Award-winning Broadway producer. His graphic novel The Fifth Beatle won numerous literary awards including the Will Eisner Comic Industry Award and two Harvey Awards, and has been added to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Library and Archives. On Broadway, Tiwary’s productions have won a combined 25 Tony Awards over 44 Tony nominations and include such groundbreaking work as Green Day’s “American Idiot,” “A Raisin In The Sun,” and Mel Brooks’ “The Producers”. Tiwary is working with Alanis Morissette to adapt her album “Jagged Little Pill” for Broadway. He lives in New York with his inspiring wife, their delightful children, and a feisty papillon.  Vivek is represented by Circle of Confusion and Larry Kopeikin at Morris Yorn.

The following people thank Bullion for this post:

pepperland
4 April 2016
3.00pm
The Void
The Jacaranda
Members
Forum Posts: 28
2782sp_Permalink sp_Print

Anthology 1 -3 is now on Spotify for those who stream… 

The following people thank The Void for this post:

pepperland, The Hippie Chick, natureaker

"You're not talking to Rikki and the Redstreaks you know!" - John Lennon

4 April 2016
3.24pm
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808
2783sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Void said
Anthology 1 -3 is now on Spotify for those who stream… 

AWESOME!

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

6 April 2016
6.22pm
Bullion
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 185

Real Love ” and “Free As A Bird ” has been added to The Beatles’ VEVO channel

The following people thank Bullion for this post:

trcanberra, pepperland, BeatleSnut, KaleidoscopeMusic
6 April 2016
6.29pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221

Ringo getting some attention.

Tony Visconti confirmed for Q&A at BFI Southbank screening of Born To Boogie – The Motion Picture on May 20

Tony Visconti will take part in a Q&A with Marc Bolan biographer and journalist Mark Paytress, following the BFI Southbank screening of Born To Boogie – The Motion Picture on 20 May 2016.

Featured as part of the BFI’s monthly Sonic Cinema series, Born To Boogie is back on the big screen for the first time in over 40 years.

Directed by Ringo Starr , Born To Boogie includes highlights from a 1972 T.Rex show at the Empire Pool, Wembley along with special features including cameos from Ringo Starr , Elton John, Tony Visconti and Geoffrey Bayldon (Catweazle).

Captured at the peak of T.Rex’s fame, the 65 minute film features live versions of T. Rex’s greatest hits filmed at the Empire Pool, Wembley in 1972; a classic Apple Studio session with Ringo Starr and Elton John and a mad hatter’s tea party with Catweazle (Geoffrey Bayldon) and Tony Visconti.

Visconti has produced a host of major acts including David Bowie, Thin Lizzy, T. Rex, Morrissey and Manic Street Preachers. His work with Marc Bolan includes the debut Tyrannosaurus Rex LP in 1968, through the classic Electric Warrior (1971), The Slider (1972) and Zinc Alloy and the Hidden Riders of Tomorrow (1974).

Speaking of T.Rex’s Wembley concerts and Born To Boogie (in 2005), Visconti said: “it was the apex of my career – and his. It was like the recognition of the dream you have when you’re a kid and it was happening to Marc and myself and guys in the band. It was goose bumps, such an exciting time for all of us….”

The releases leading up to the Blu-Ray release of Born To Boogie – The Motion Picture include a numbered 2LP coloured vinyl set released for Record Store Day on April 16, a 7” limited edition single Children Of The Revolution /Tutti Frutti plus Born To Boogie on May 13, and on June 13, a Blu-Ray featuring Born To Boogie – The Motion Picture, a 2DVD/2CD set, a CD set, a 1DVD edition and a 2CD set featuring the two Wembley concerts.

Born To Boogie – The Motion Picture will also be available as a digital download on June 13 and will be screened nationwide by Picturehouse Cinemas on June 14.

The film was originally released by The Beatles’ Apple Films, premiering on 14 December 1972 to a star-studded audience in London’s West End before going on general release.

The documentary elements of Born To Boogie – The Motion Picture also feature sequences shot at Denham Airfield with Ringo Starr dressed as a dormouse and Marc Bolan in a Mad Hatter’s hat duetting atop a vintage Thunderbird and reciting poetry; a session shot at Apple Studios in Savile Row of T.Rex joined by Ringo Starr on drums, Elton John on piano, performing Children Of The Revolution and Tutti Frutti, with another sequence of Marc Bolan and Elton John performing a guitar/piano duet of Children Of The

Following Marc Bolan’s untimely death on 16 September 1977, Born To Boogie – The Motion Picture enjoyed a monthly Saturday evening outing at the Essential Cinema in London’s Wardour Street and was screened at occasional fan conventions.

In 2003 after many years of rumour it was established that Ringo Starr ’s private storage facility contained 272 cans of footage – not just the original film, but out-takes, both the complete concerts from Wembley, the cinema trailer and around five minutes of Bolan’s own cine film shot during the June 1972 T. Rex tour of England.

Tickets for the BFI go on sale on April 12 at 11.30 am and can be purchased here.

note: the link to where tickets can be purchased isn’t working as of the time I am making this post.

EDIT: Here is the British Film Institute’s (BFI’s) page on the event.

born-to-boogie-01.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Bullion, Necko, trcanberra, Expert Textpert
9 April 2016
8.15am
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
2786sp_Permalink sp_Print

Amnesty International is publishing an Imagine picture book next year about a peaceful pigeon.

http://www.theguardian.com/chi…..cture-book

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

9 April 2016
10.13am
KaleidoscopeMusic
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 481

Don.W said
Real Love ” and “Free As A Bird ” has been added to The Beatles’ VEVO channel

So has Can’t Buy Me Love , I Want To Hold Your Hand , and Twist And Shout . Could they finally be catching on for doing what’s right for the fans?

The following people thank KaleidoscopeMusic for this post:

pepperland, Bullion

Only music can save us.

10 April 2016
3.02pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2788sp_Permalink sp_Print

Could there be a Beatles “jukebox” musical on the way?

Broadway.com are reporting, based on a New York Post article, that Julie Taymor, the director behind the Across The Universe  film, has been approached by Marty Bandier, who heads ATV/Sony, about creating a show for Broadway.

It would not be a stage version of Across The Universe .

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

10 April 2016
3.15pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2789sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said

Broadway.com are reporting, based on a New York Post article, that Julie Taymor, the director behind the Across The Universe  film, has been approached by Marty Bandier, who heads ATV/Sony, about creating a show for Broadway.

Jesus ye weren’t meant to hear of that yet!

KaleidoscopeMusic, Starr Shine?, Silly Girl and I aren’t ready yet!!

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Starr Shine?, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, pepperland, BeatleSnut

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

10 April 2016
3.40pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
2790sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

Ron Nasty said

Jesus ye weren’t meant to hear of that yet!

KaleidoscopeMusic, Starr Shine?, Silly Girl and I aren’t ready yet!!

I want backstage, meet-and-greet passes. a-hard-days-night-john-5

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug
10 April 2016
3.59pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
2791sp_Permalink sp_Print

^Deal!

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Ahhh Girl

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

13 April 2016
4.34pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
2792sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ringo cancelled his upcoming North Carolina concert. SG, I think the odds of Paul coming to take you away are veryyyy slim ahdn_paul_01

https://www.yahoo.com/music/ri…..44902.html

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

trcanberra, natureaker

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

13 April 2016
4.58pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2793sp_Permalink sp_Print

sigh butterfly said
Ringo cancelled his upcoming North Carolina concert. SG, I think the odds of Paul coming to take you away are veryyyy slim ahdn_paul_01

This is starting to annoy me – all these cancellations.

I really think it would be far more effective to go there and protest against the bill – the cancellation only hurts the fans and will do nothing to the legislature.

These artists should talk to Neil Young and watch the Living With War tour DVD to see how much more effective turning up to annoy people can be.

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

O Boogie, Beatlebug, Necko

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

13 April 2016
5.03pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
2794sp_Permalink sp_Print

sigh butterfly broke the tragic news 

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?!?!! a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nooooooo.gifImage Enlarger

I could practically taste the wine… and then the cup was cruelly dashed from my lips! paul-mccartney 

Granted, I support gay rights too, but I don’t understand why the concert should be cancelled. Are we all being punished for voting it in? As a wise man once said 

hansolo.pngImage Enlarger

I comcur with trc. 

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

trcanberra

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

13 April 2016
5.08pm
O Boogie
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1352
2795sp_Permalink sp_Print

He could’ve shaped the concert in a manner to spread peacenluv. Cancelling it isn’t going to bring you anything apart from frustration  on part of the fans. 

The following people thank O Boogie for this post:

Beatlebug, trcanberra, BeatleSnut

For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the Sun

13 April 2016
5.27pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24959

Cancelling will cost the towns, cities, states and Councillors millions of dollars in tourism, bonuses, reputation and loss of business which is what will sting, especially if a good number of cancellations occur. The ordinary people and businesses will also be far more effected and more likely to take think, take notice, take a stand and act.

Ringo standing on a stage saying “that’s wrong” will make the news but have little effect as money and reputation is what matters. 

And its not just musicians doing this, big business are saying they wont invest or create jobs due to the legislation that has been passed into law.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 April 2016
5.46pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2797sp_Permalink sp_Print

A few stinkers ruin the pot, happens all the time.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

13 April 2016
5.56pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24959

I get that its crap that fans cant see Ringo, Bruce or Bryan but there is more to life than a pop concert. I’d far rather Ringo took a stand against social injustice in doing this (and he will lose out – cue folk bitching that he can afford it) instead of parroting the line of how awful it is but he doesnt want to let the fans down so the show goes on. The Councillors will [almost certainly] not give one gram of their breakfast dump if a famous singer shakes his/her fist and says “naughty” in a stern voice; they care about getting voted back in and their nice pay.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

ewe2, pepperland

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 April 2016
6.02pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2799sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
I get that its crap that fans cant see Ringo, Bruce or Bryan but there is more to life than a pop concert. I’d far rather Ringo took a stand against social injustice in doing this (and he will lose out – cue folk bitching that he can afford it) instead of parroting the line of how awful it is but he doesnt want to let the fans down so the show goes on. The Councillors will [almost certainly] not give one gram of their breakfast dump if a famous singer shakes his/her fist and says “naughty” in a stern voice; they care about getting voted back in and their nice pay.

I mentioned the Neil Young video for a reason. He actively protested when he was on that tour – sang protest songs on stage – had fans walk out in disgust and filmed that. It was all over the media in those states. Much more effective in my opinion than not showing up.

The Beatles in Manila is another – albeit unintended – example of what being there can do to highlight an issue.

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

O Boogie

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

13 April 2016
6.10pm
natureaker
Blue Jay Way
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1477
2800sp_Permalink sp_Print

sigh butterfly said

I just heard about that earlier today from one of my online friends. She was absolutely pissed off. Honestly, I can kinda see why he did it, but I feel it was a bit extreme for the fans that already bought tickets or were planning on going. Just go and protest against the bill instead of making it unfair for those in NC

The following people thank natureaker for this post:

trcanberra
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2856
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5515
Newest Members:
nickygrangery, pmolsen, thebeatlesshow, Boy Im Gonna Carry That Weight, Something
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24959, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691