Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles News
30 March 2016
2.25pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2761sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Posted on Youtube and on Twitter

Speculation here that it could be a box-set compilation of Paul’s career as the tracks contained range from ‘McCartney’  to ‘New’ tho omitting ‘Driving Rain ‘ (the Heather influenced album), ‘Flowers In The Dirt ‘ (upcoming in the Archive series, tho an idiotic reason if so). Maybe the ‘Nineteen Hundred And Eighty Five‘ remixes are a bonus cd or something.

The song titles listed are:
[snip]

Nothing there that doesn’t suggest to me that he might not be going, “Here’s some of what I’ve done before, and now I’m adding to the list with a new album…”

Were this to turn out to be the tracklisting of a McCartney post-Beatles compilation, it’s an incredibly strange tracklisting…

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

30 March 2016
2.44pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

It depends on what the aim of the compilation is; it wouldn’t be a simple best of and no point having another kind of ‘Wingspan’ either. Would be very much like John’s ‘Gimme Some Truth ‘ set but from a far larger back catalogue.

If this did turn out to be some kind of sprawling overview with more obscure album tracks what tracks are missing which few would argue should be there – aside from tracks from ‘Driving Rain ‘ and ‘Flowers In The Dirt ‘ (why songs from those two albums do not feature is the biggest oddity any way you look at it. Unless whoever put the video together forgot they exist)?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

30 March 2016
3.26pm
Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1435

I can’t imagine this being a best of, or even a ‘here’s some of my stuff’ album. Paul hates Bip Bop, I can’t see him ever including it in any release other than a remaster.

Anyway, those two videos were published 24 hours apart, so perhaps we’ll get another one tomorrow?

Formerly Known As JPM-Fangirl --Paul-Badge.png 2016

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

30 March 2016
5.40pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2764sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, i remember Paul being very forthright with his opinion towards ‘Bip Bop’ and rightly so. However it then raises the question of why list the song at all, there are far better songs to represent ‘Wild Life ‘.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

30 March 2016
6.01pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
2765sp_Permalink sp_Print

As I suggested, it could be, “I’ve done good, I’ve done crap, we disagree which is which, here’s a new album to put into the mix…”

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

30 March 2016
6.06pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Ron Nasty said
As I suggested, it could be, “I’ve done good, I’ve done crap, we disagree which is which, here’s a new album to put into the mix…”

Will that be the tag for selling the new album?

Would be great it Paul did come out and say “some of my previous stuff is fucking amazing, some is unbelievably shit; here’s my latest album, i don’t give a crap what you think about it. I’m Sir Paul McCartney . a-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-paul-11 ?”

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<

30 March 2016
6.22pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

I have no idea where this is coming from (cant find anything else online so could be putting two and two together and coming up with 7) but Wogblog has an article which posts this image

Pure_McCartney_Pack_Shot.jpgImage Enlarger

with 

“Pure McCartney” is a new 2CD or deluxe 4CD compilation of previously released songs.

written underneath

and then

So the news are out…er somewhat. I guess we’ll have to wait for paulmccartney.com for the press release.

followed by the list of songs.

Take it as you will and want.

Regardless of everything I really like that photo of Paul, he looks awesome.

Beatlebug

31 March 2016
4.23am
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
2768sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just thought of something…

What if this is just an April Fool’s joke? That’s tomorrow, so it makes sense. Maybe these mysterious videos and the list of songs hat make no sense at all are just meant to get Paul to the forefront of people’s minds, so that all eyes are on him when the real announcement (a new album) is made, possibly tomorrow. 

What do you guys think?

The following people thank Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< for this post:

pepperland, Beatlebug

'Out There' - 07-06-2015 - Ziggo Dome Amsterdam -- 'One On One' - 12-06-2016 - Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf

31 March 2016
4.41am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

JPM-Fangirl said
I just thought of something…

What if this is just an April Fool’s joke? That’s tomorrow, so it makes sense. Maybe these mysterious videos and the list of songs hat make no sense at all are just meant to get Paul to the forefront of people’s minds, so that all eyes are on him when the real announcement (a new album) is made, possibly tomorrow. 

What do you guys think?

If it is a joke then I doubt anyone will be laughing, not in a peeved irked way but because it wouldnt be ha ha funny. Unless folk were joking when they came up with some of the tracks.

Maybe Paul has re-recorded all the named tracks to modernise them with the latest current producers and thats Paul’s new album. It could be that all the listed tracks will be alternate versions and this is an outtake/demo/rarities set, but then why have the 2015 remix of ‘Say Say Say’. Any way you look at it its a head scratcher.

Heck, the goal of such things is to get folk wracking their brains (a-hard-days-night-ringo-10) to create discussion and interest. And its worked.

tumblr_mcmh7s4Mvp1rx2nz0.gifImage Enlarger

31 March 2016
4.49am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2770sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ and ^^

I’m sure the folks at Apple would find it hilarious.

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^<, Beatlebug

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

31 March 2016
6.47am
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
2771sp_Permalink sp_Print

I know I would. ‘Sorry lads, that was a list of songs that aren’t on the new album’; I’d find that funny, especially if the new album turns out to be all new material. I mean, remixes are cool and all, but I’d vastly prefer completely new songs.

The following people thank Mademoiselle Kitty >^..^< for this post:

trcanberra

31 March 2016
6.59am
The Hippie Chick
Counting the holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1387
2772sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s on Amazon though: qid=1459425527&sr=8-2&keywords=paul+mccartney+pure+mccartney

Would it be, if it were a joke?

“She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”  - J.D. Salinger

31 March 2016
7.43am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2773sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wouldn’t it just be easier if Paul made an official announcement about the release(s) instead of 5 second teasers posted on Twitter. 

31 March 2016
8.08am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2774sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Wouldn’t it just be easier if Paul made an official announcement about the release(s) instead of 5 second teasers posted on Twitter. 

Maybe it’s a build up to an April Fools joke.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

31 March 2016
8.58am
The Hippie Chick
Counting the holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1387
2775sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said

meanmistermustard said

Maybe it’s a build up to an April Fools joke.

Like I said, would it be a joke if it’s listed on Amazon?

“She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”  - J.D. Salinger

31 March 2016
9.44am
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members
2776sp_Permalink sp_Print

Who listed it there, though? There has been no official word about any album of that name. People can list it on Amazon, but since the official channels have not confirmed any album of the sort, there’s no reason to believe Pure McCartney is actually in the works.

Interesting factoid: there IS an album called Pure McCartney. It’s a live tribute album, not by Paul, but by some other name I never heard of. How likely would it be that Paul would release an album of the same name just three years later?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/….._McCartney

31 March 2016
11.02am
the Netherlands
Candlestick Park
Members

As expected, the next update arrived at 6PM (CEST) sharp.

http://www.paulmccartney.com/n…..-mccartney

I’m still skeptical. If this is supposed to be a best of, then there sure are some obvious omissions.

ETA: I still think it’s an April Fool’s joke. Pre-order starts TOMORROW., ergo: 1 April.

31 March 2016
6.32pm
C.R.A.
Land of the Rising Sun
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 509
2778sp_Permalink sp_Print

Pattie Boyd’s Unseen Photographs of the Beatles and Eric Clapton To Go On Exhibit

Beginning in May, a Liverpool gallery will feature a rare collection of photographs by Pattie Boyd, the wholly-charming befreckled, gap-toothed muse/gamine/model of London’s raging 1960s, including unseen and intimate images of the Beatles and Eric Clapton.

Forbes

Image Enlarger

4 April 2016
5.46am
Bullion
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 185

So John Lennon was definitely just featured in the newest episode of HBO’s Vinyl – a very small cameo and it doesn’t mention him by name but you can easily tell that’s who’s being depicted (with Yoko) . . whoever played him would be great for a modern day Beatles biopic

edit: he is mentioned two scenes later and it’s May Pang, not Yoko

He was played by Stephen L Sullivan 

Image Enlarger

The following people thank Bullion for this post:

pepperland, Ahhh Girl
4 April 2016
6.12am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2780sp_Permalink sp_Print

Don.W said
So John Lennon was definitely just featured in the newest episode of HBO’s Vinyl – a very small cameo and it doesn’t mention him by name but you can easily tell that’s who’s being depicted (with Yoko) . . whoever played him would be great for a modern day Beatles biopic

edit: he is mentioned two scenes later

John was played by Stephen Sullivan according to the Mirror.

Bullion

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22238, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694