Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles News
25 March 2015
9.25pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2261sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said

Ringo’s on the latest cover of Rolling Stone.

parlance

Cool beans. I have to go find a copy.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

parlance
25 March 2015
9.50pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2262sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just to clarify, it’ll be out Friday.

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Ahhh Girl

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

26 March 2015
1.35am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2263sp_Permalink sp_Print

You can now hear “Confirmation” from the Ringo’s Postcards from Paradise at Billboard.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

26 March 2015
5.19pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2264sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul’s on the cover of the latest Q magazine, coming out on the 31st. [x-posted to Paul interviews thread]

parlance

27 March 2015
5.00pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2265sp_Permalink sp_Print

From the Examiner:

Ringo Starr announced on his Twitter account @ringostarrmusic March 26 that he’ll do a Twitter Q&A online with Billboard magazine and writer David Wild at 12:45 p.m. PT March 31 to promote his new album, “Postcards From Paradise,” which comes out on that day. “Get your questions ready!,” he wrote. Hash tag for the question is #AskRingo.

The Beatle also will make two upcoming appearances on U.S. TV. He’ll appear on “Ellen” on Tuesday, the day of the album’s release, and on “Conan” on April 1. Both shows, by the way, are taped on the Warner Bros. lot in Hollywood.

More at the link.

parlance

1 April 2015
5.42am
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444

[x-posted from Ringo Starr subforum]

From The Hollywood Reporter:

Hollywood, CA (AP) – Ringo Starr , former drummer for The Beatles and occasional professional actor, albeit one who hasn’t appeared in a live-action motion picture in nearly 30 years, is preparing to make his big-screen comeback. And he’s going to play the role of the Beatles’ original drummer, whom he replaced, Pete Best.

The rock music legend, currently making the rounds to support his latest album Postcards From Paradise, optioned Best’s 2001 autobiography, Beatle! The Pete Best Story in 2009 as a possible motion picture, with Brandon Routh starring in the title role. Routh showed interest but eventually opted out, and updated plans called for Best to take over the role as himself, with his younger facial features created by CGI. Best’s professional screen tests, however, were unsatisfactory. So, with an eye to the possibilities of digital imaging, and a proven Hollywood track record, Starr (as producer) has decided to go with Starr (as star.)

“Pete’s a remarkable bloke, and he’s had a remarkable life, and turned it into a remarkable book,” says Starr, who further flashed his well-known Liverpool wit: “And I really think the best way to make a great movie is if we go with a Starr, instead of going with the Best.”

“Besides,” he adds with a grin, “I’m a much better actor than Pete. Drummer too. Peace and love, Pete!”

Ringo Starr will be selling autographed copies of Beatle! The Pete Best Story at the Hollywood Book Nook on 4369 La Cienega Blvd in West Hollywood on April 1st, 9am-3pm.

The following people thank vonbontee for this post:

parlance, IveJustSeenAFaceo

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

1 April 2015
3.55pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
2267sp_Permalink sp_Print

Non-bontee said
[x-posted from Ringo Starr subforum]

From The Hollywood Reporter:

Hollywood, CA (AP) – Ringo Starr , former drummer for The Beatles and occasional professional actor, albeit one who hasn’t appeared in a live-action motion picture in nearly 30 years, is preparing to make his big-screen comeback. And he’s going to play the role of the Beatles’ original drummer, whom he replaced, Pete Best.

The rock music legend, currently making the rounds to support his latest album Postcards From Paradise, optioned Best’s 2001 autobiography, Beatle! The Pete Best Story in 2009 as a possible motion picture, with Brandon Routh starring in the title role. Routh showed interest but eventually opted out, and updated plans called for Best to take over the role as himself, with his younger facial features created by CGI. Best’s professional screen tests, however, were unsatisfactory. So, with an eye to the possibilities of digital imaging, and a proven Hollywood track record, Starr (as producer) has decided to go with Starr (as star.)

“Pete’s a remarkable bloke, and he’s had a remarkable life, and turned it into a remarkable book,” says Starr, who further flashed his well-known Liverpool wit: “And I really think the best way to make a great movie is if we go with a Starr, instead of going with the Best.”

“Besides,” he adds with a grin, “I’m a much better actor than Pete. Drummer too. Peace and love, Pete!”

Ringo Starr will be selling autographed copies of Beatle! The Pete Best Story at the Hollywood Book Nook on 4369 La Cienega Blvd in West Hollywood on April 1st, 9am-3pm.

This might be your best yet. Fantastically done. You almost had me for a second there. 

The following people thank IveJustSeenAFaceo for this post:

Beatlebug, vonbontee

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

1 April 2015
4.15pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2268sp_Permalink sp_Print

Incredibly sad news. Cynthia Lennon has passed away. Julian posted a tribute.

Cynthia Lennon passed away today at her home in Mallorca, Spain following a short but brave battle with cancer.

Her son Julian Lennon was at her bedside throughout. The family are thankful for your prayers.

Please respect their privacy at this difficult time.

I’m kind of in shock. Someone posted a YouTube video in her memory on FB, and I thought it was a cruel and tasteless April Fool’s prank, and then I saw Julian’s post. 

If you have a chance to read John, you’ll know her for the beautiful lady she was. Rest in peace, Cynthia.

[x-posted to the Rest in Peace thread]

parlance

Beatlebug

1 April 2015
4.19pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

There is a hoax page on this here @parlance. Its not true.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 April 2015
4.20pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2270sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
There is a hoax page on this here @parlance. Its not true.

Unless someone hacked into Julian’s FB account, it’s true, I’m afraid.

parlance

1 April 2015
4.21pm
StrawberryFieldsForever
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 833

@meanmistermustard I hope it is!

1 April 2015
4.23pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Ok. I’m sadly lost over this. I hate hoaxs over this. Maybe i just dont want to believe its true.

Damn sad if it is.

Edit: Its slowly being reported over the net (ITV, Billboard) and her wiki page has been updated. 

Sad, sad news.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 April 2015
5.34pm
Bongo
Somewhere In Time
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1916
2273sp_Permalink sp_Print

Screen-Shot-2022-10-04-at-7.52.07-PM.png   BEATLES Music gives me Eargasms!  apple01

1 April 2015
8.17pm
Catro
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 15
2274sp_Permalink sp_Print

von partee said
Incredibly sad news. Cynthia Lennon has passed away. Julian posted a tribute.

Cynthia Lennon passed away today at her home in Mallorca, Spain following a short but brave battle with cancer.

Her son Julian Lennon was at her bedside throughout. The family are thankful for your prayers.

Please respect their privacy at this difficult time.

I’m kind of in shock. Someone posted a YouTube video in her memory on FB, and I thought it was a cruel and tasteless April Fool’s prank, and then I saw Julian’s post. 

If you have a chance to read John, you’ll know her for the beautiful lady she was. Rest in peace, Cynthia.

[x-posted to the Rest in Peace thread]

parlance

Very sad news today. RIP, Cynthia

2 April 2015
1.27am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

From WogBlog:

Kanye West is hosting another surprise performance in London tonight, this time with Paul McCartney and Rihanna at The Scotch Of St James! 

Back in 1965, Paul first met young Stevie Wonder in that same nightclub.

11046389_10153183342767970_6738242679649130013_n.jpgImage Enlarger

[x-posted to the Paul collabs thread]

Edit: WogBlog added an edit that this may have been an April Fool’s joke.

von partee

Beatlebug, Starr Shine?

2 April 2015
4.25am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2276sp_Permalink sp_Print

Examiner article summarizing tributes to Cynthia.

Also, there’ll be a public memorial at John’s star at the Hollywood Walk of Fame tomorrow at 6pm.

[x-posted to the thread on Cynthia’s passing]

parlance

3 April 2015
4.06am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2277sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ringo has canceled his Saskatchewan show on October 14 due to a scheduling conflict. Other Canadian shows are still on.

[x-posted to the Ringo tour thread]

parlance

7 April 2015
2.13pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

The manuscript of American Pie by Don McLean is up for auction today.

The song was peppered with obscure and not-so-obscure references to various artists, including The Beatles, and deciphering it has been, over the years, one of popular music’s favourite games – especially as McLean refused to explain.

McLean, at one stage, had a different ending in mind for his song commemorating the death of Buddy Holly, revealed today:

And there I stood alone and afraid
I dropped to my knees and there I prayed
And I promised him everything I could give
If only he would make the music live
And he promised it would live once more
But this time one would equal four
And in five years four had come to mourn
and the music was reborn

I don’t think there can be much doubt, that in this rejected last verse, the main reference is to The Beatles arrival on American shores, and its effect.

Holly died in February 1959. The Beatles landed in February 1964: “And he promised it would live once more / But this time one would equal four / And in five years four had come to mourn / and the music was reborn“.

It may have been abandoned, it may be a lost reference, but at one time McLean saw the song’s ending as a tribute to Four Lads from Liverpool who shook the world.

[X-posted to the Songs with Beatles References thread]

[Note: I asked advice on whether this should be posted elsewhere, as I didn’t want it lost in quite an obscure thread. Here was suggested. While not directly Beatles News, it is Beatles-related News, and about one of the most iconic songs around. If you have a comment, could you make it in the other thread – link above.]

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

parlance, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

8 April 2015
2.02am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
2279sp_Permalink sp_Print

Utterly bizarre story in the news:

In theory, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement is the state’s elite equivalent of the FBI. In theory, the agency saves its resources for investigating the most serious crimes.

Yet in the Bizarro World created by Gov. Rick Scott, almost nothing in government operates the way it was meant to. Recently, the FDLE dispatched an agent to investigate a blogger who had used Beatles lyrics to poke fun at the governor.

[…]

Tilson was scoffing at a “tax cut calculator” put on display in the Capitol that showed off the piddling $43 an average Florida family supposedly would save annually from the governor’s proposed tax changes.

“Gov. Scott’s Magical Mystery Tax Cut Calculator,” Tilson called it, adding a line from the original Lennon-McCartney song: “Coming to take you away, take you away …”

More at the link.

trcanberra

8 April 2015
12.32pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2280sp_Permalink sp_Print

This paragraph amused me 

After Tilson wrote online about what happened, the FDLE hastily said the matter was closed. Its statement, in part: “Commissioner (Rick) Swearingen is reviewing the incident and believes FDLE could have better evaluated the post …”

Nice use of Government resources.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691