Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles News
27 September 2014
9.11pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1981sp_Permalink sp_Print

And, look, we’re on page 100 of the news!

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Mr. Kite, Starr Shine?

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

27 September 2014
9.14pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
1982sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just saw a post at Ringo’s FB that all of his solo albums have been remastered for iTunes. Have all the Beatle solo albums been remastered for iTunes now? Is that why the free EP was released?

parlance

trcanberra

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

27 September 2014
9.42pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
1983sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hopefully all of Ringo’s albums will see the light of reissues as its sad that a large chunk are missing (1976 to 1997) – regardless of how good they are seen as being they should be made available.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

trcanberra

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

29 September 2014
7.20pm
Musketeer Gripweed
Coldspring Harbor, NY
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 249
1984sp_Permalink sp_Print

Last day to download free 4 EP. Features  John’s Love, Pauls Call Me Back again, Georges Let It Down , Ringo Walk With You. 

29 September 2014
9.04pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

* Rolling Stone article on last night’s George Fest. x-posted to the Fiendish Thingies thread, where I’ll eventually post my own report (finally got a ticket on site). For now, I have pics at my Instagram feed.

* Paul released a new video for the Wings song “Call Me Back Again“:

Watch the new video for the classic Wings song ‘Call Me Back Again’.

This remastered version of the track will be released on Monday 3rd November on the ‘Venus And Mars ‘ reissue. Also released on the same day is the remastered ‘At The Speed Of Sound’. 

Check out the full release details HERE

parlance

30 September 2014
3.06am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
1986sp_Permalink sp_Print

This could be the best example of a slow news day and one of the most mundane articles i’ve seen in a very long time, if not ever, but it’s from a newspaper (Daily Mail – tho calling it a newspaper might be pushing it) so i guess it’s classified as news (if so someone save us). I’m posting it as an example of how tedious and pointless some stories are.

Eddie Murphy Wears Beatle T-shirt When Out With Girlfriend.

parlance, Bulldog

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

30 September 2014
4.27pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
1987sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Intriguing article. I’m disappointed that they did not go into deeper detail, like did he scratch his butt cheeks at all in the parking lot? Will there be a spike in the sales of hazelnut lattes? The suspense is killing me!!

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Starr Shine?, Bulldog

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

30 September 2014
5.51pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
1988sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
This could be the best example of a slow news day and one of the most mundane articles i’ve seen in a very long time, if not ever, but it’s from a newspaper (Daily Mail – tho calling it a newspaper might be pushing it) so i guess it’s classified as news (if so someone save us). I’m posting it as an example of how tedious and pointless some stories are.

Eddie Murphy Wears Beatle T-shirt When Out With Girlfriend.

Why did you bring that here if you don’t think it is news?

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

30 September 2014
6.07pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Its reported as news on a newspaper’s website and i was posting about how unnewsworthy it actually was – ‘Celeb Wears Beatles T-Shirt’ isnt really worth reporting anywhere. 

And yes i can see the daftside of my post.

Zig

1 October 2014
7.30pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
1990sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul and Nancy were at Barbara Walters’ 85th birthday party over the weekend.

parlance

3 October 2014
8.37am
C.R.A.
Land of the Rising Sun
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 509

Image Enlarger

Rare Beatles Album Sells for $36,655

A mint-condition copy of the Beatles‘ 1963 album ‘Please Please Me ,’ signed by George Harrison , Paul McCartney , John Lennon , and Ringo Starr , just changed hands at auction with a winning bid of more than $35,000.00.

Story

3 October 2014
6.43pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
1992sp_Permalink sp_Print

From the NY Times: clothes from the Apple Boutique were shown on Antiques Roadshow this summer, and they will be put on display and auctioned off in November.

[x-posted to Beatle auctions]

parlance

DrBeatle

4 October 2014
5.36pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
1993sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wogblog report on the forthcoming auction of George’s family home in Speke between 1950 and 1965 and where early incarnations of The Beatles would at times practice.

DrBeatle

5 October 2014
6.13pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
1994sp_Permalink sp_Print

From Paul’s site:

Paul Gives A Big Thumbs Up To Liverpool’s ‘Bombed Out Church’

Following the success of the Bombed Out Church’s Crowdfunder campaign the group have raised over £20,000 towards the continued opening of this iconic city venue on Leece Street, Liverpool. Dance music promoters Club Freeze were so impressed with the venue after their recent event there that they contacted Paul to let him know what is going on in his home town. This was his response,

“St Luke’s Church – better known as ‘The Bombed-Out Church’ to the people of Liverpool – is a place that encourages people to express themselves. The people of Liverpool should do everything possible to keep this venue open for the use of the people and run by the people. It is a place that is regularly staffed by students from LIPA and every-day people of all ages, religions and backgrounds. It would be a terrible shame if we lost this cultural icon.”

Paul joins Yoko Ono in praising the work being done over the last 7 years at St Luke’s. Ambrose Reynolds, the Curator of St Luke’s, says: 

“It means the world for us to have the support of this international legend. The tremendous support we have received from the public means that we can continue to open the city centre ruined church for music, theatre, art exhibitions and outdoor movie screenings.”

If you would like to follow Paul’s example visit Saint Luke’s Wednesdays to Sunday 12-6pm.

Telephone 0771 432 8415 for more informationwww.BombedOutChurch.com

Image Enlarger

parlance

DrBeatle

6 October 2014
7.48pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
1995sp_Permalink sp_Print

Daily Mail article on the upcoming auction of a Gretsch guitar that John played on ‘Paperback Writer which includes TrackAuctions.com’s video feature. The estimate for the item is around $1m.

Taken from the linked article

Online bidding for the guitar, with an estimated sale price of between £400,000 and £600,000, begins on November 14 and concludes with a live auction at Le Meridien Hotel, Piccadilly, London, on November 23.

The auction contains more than 100 lots of Beatles memorabilia including a copy of the Sgt. Pepper album signed by all four members of the band, various items from the collection of Lennon’s life-long friend Pete Shotton and the banjo played by Rod Davis in Lennon’s original group, The Quarrymen.

Wogblog has also reported the forthcoming sale and contains a link to the auction site – tracksauction.com.

(x-posted in ‘Beatles Auctions‘)

7 October 2014
8.23am
johnnymain
Coatbridge, Scotland
The Star-Club
Members
Forum Posts: 70
1996sp_Permalink sp_Print

Liverpool Echo
06/10/2014

In pictures: Look inside Beatles star George Harrison ‘s childhood home before it goes under the hammer

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk…..ar-7889187

"Never guess. Unless you have to. There's enough uncertainty in the universe as it is."

http://www.metaltalk.net for Daily Metal News, Reviews and Opinions

7 October 2014
5.52pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
1997sp_Permalink sp_Print

* From the Examiner:

As part of the celebration of John Lennon ’s 74th birthday coming up on October 9, Universal Music Group announced on Oct. 7 that eight of Lennon’s seminal studio albums, plus two compilations and the John Lennon Signature Box, which collects the albums and also included a disc of rarities, will make their high definition digital audio debuts this week on iTunes, Amazon.com, Spotify and other digital audio outlets. Other Lennon albums will be rolled out in digital debuts through the month and into November, Universal says.

* Also from the Examiner:

Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry, in an appearance on “The Howard Stern Show” Oct. 6 to plug his new book “Rocks: My Life In and Out of Aerosmith,” again confirmed he’d been in the studio recording on a secret project with Paul McCartney , Johnny Depp and Alice Cooper, according to a summary of the show on MarksFriggin.com. He said McCartney had requested Perry, who had been recording with Cooper, to join his session. He said the song they worked on, which he didn’t reveal the title of, was written many years ago by McCartney but that he hadn’t performed since. Perry said he was blown away by working with McCartney.

More at the links.

parlance

7 October 2014
11.25pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
1998sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said
And, look, we’re on page 100 of the news!

parlance

Now THAT is news :)

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

parlance

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

8 October 2014
1.50am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
1999sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Wogblog has also reported the forthcoming sale and contains a link to the auction site – tracksauction.com.

Daily Mail has an article on some early John photos being auctioned.

[x-posted to Beatles auctions and the 1950s and previous photos thread]

parlance

12 October 2014
4.38pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

meanmistermustard said

Wogblog reports that that three separate lots of reel to reel tapes, all from the 16th October 1964, are to be auctioned on Friday (20th June) at Christie’s. The first reel-to-reel is the previously unheard concert at the A.B.C. Theatre, Hull, the second featuring Paul playing the piano during a press conference with John, Ringo and George joining in on vocals, the third a previously unheard interview with John. Far more details in the link.

Following up on the above posted back on the 19th June 2014, Wogblog reports that the two concert reel to reels from it are going into a Tracks auction this time having previously failed to meet its reserve price at Christie’s. The estimate is £2k – £4k, loud screaming is described as being audible throughout the show and whoever does buy it doesn’t get the copyright:. The set list is 

1. Twist And Shout

2. Money (That’s What I Want)

3. Can’t Buy Me Love

4. Things We Said Today

5. I’m Happy Just To Dance With You

6. I Should Have Known Better

7. If I Fell

8. I Wanna Be Your Man

9. A Hard Day’s Night

10. Long Tall Sally

[x-posted in ‘Beatles Auctions‘]

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Joe
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694