Log In

Please consider registering
Guest

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Min search length: 3 characters / Max search length: 84 characters

Register Ranks

Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
White Album Lovers...Anyone?
RSS
Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
41
28 July 2010 - 1.52am

emmybear said:

after running a Mile for gym class in school one day I went upstairs to relax and take a bubble bath listening to Helter Skelter...

I somehow fell asleep.... a-hard-days-night-ringo-4

I woke up an hour later with "Hips don't lie" blasting in my bathroom


You almost drowned?

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Marcelo
478 Posts
(Offline)
42
28 July 2010 - 2.22am

Listening to Revolution 9 from an original UK Lp, in a creepy old, isolated, house; midnight, summer storm arriving... That's what I call an insane experience.

I'd like to say "thank you" on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition.
John Lennon

Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
43
28 July 2010 - 2.35am

Marcelo said:

Listening to Revolution 9 from an original UK Lp, in a creepy old, isolated, house; midnight, summer storm arriving... That's what I call an insane experience.


You wouldn't like Gates of Hades...

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
Polythene Dan
Deep in the jungle where the mighty tiger lies
28 Posts
(Offline)
44
28 July 2010 - 4.49am

MrBig said:

Marcelo said:

Listening to Revolution 9 from an original UK Lp, in a creepy old, isolated, house; midnight, summer storm arriving... That's what I call an insane experience.


You wouldn't like Gates of Hades...
 

The gates  should play Revolution 9.a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I wouldn't be caught dead in them. They're dead grotty.

Avatar
emmybear
20 Posts
(Offline)
45
28 July 2010 - 9.27pm

who exactly are the gates???????a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

Sometimes I wish I had a big yellow submarine...

Avatar
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

8720 Posts
(Offline)
46
28 July 2010 - 9.44pm

emmybear said:

who exactly are the gates???????a-hard-days-night-ringo-14


 

Not who, but rather, what?

I've heard of Gates of Hades before, but don't know anyone foolish enough to try it (yet).

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
47
29 July 2010 - 1.24am

Zig said:

emmybear said:

who exactly are the gates???????a-hard-days-night-ringo-14


 

Not who, but rather, what?

I've heard of Gates of Hades before, but don't know anyone foolish enough to try it (yet).


This is true. What it is is basically an iDoser, or a dose of a drug digitally. You put your headphones on and you listen to white noise. But for the sole fact of it being called Gates of Hades, your brain literally thinks that you're in hell. Reactions on the internet can be found (and are very funny).

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
4618 Posts
(Offline)
48
29 July 2010 - 4.41pm

MrBig said:

paulsbass said:


Sounds very "hoarse" too. Too bad the only lyrics are "Why don't we do it in the road?" (besides No one will be watching us). Very uncomfortable to listen to when you have family arounda-hard-days-night-paul-11

 


That's the advantage of living in a Spanish spoken country. I could say that song in front of my father without any problem.
 

BTW I love the White Album but as a whole. There are some songs that I can't listen individually. Or, if you listen it to randomly, it doesn't make sense. At least not to me. Which is contradictory because I feel that album is more individual.

 

Ok I'm going to say something stupid, but I picture the White Album like this :

Paul standing tall and a "We're doing this either my way or my way"  a-hard-days-night-paul-5

George shrugging shoulders "whatever, you do what you want I'm doing my stuff because I realized it's as brilliant as yours" a-hard-days-night-george-7

John showing the finger "Fuck you guys. I got Yoko on my side". two-virgins

And Ringo looking around and being Ringo. Something I love BTW.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

Avatar
emmybear
20 Posts
(Offline)
49
29 July 2010 - 11.42pm

mithveaen said:

MrBig said:

paulsbass said:


Sounds very "hoarse" too. Too bad the only lyrics are "Why don't we do it in the road?" (besides No one will be watching us). Very uncomfortable to listen to when you have family arounda-hard-days-night-paul-11
 

That's the advantage of living in a Spanish spoken country. I could say that song in front of my father without any problem.
 
BTW I love the White Album but as a whole. There are some songs that I can't listen individually. Or, if you listen it to randomly, it doesn't make sense. At least not to me. Which is contradictory because I feel that album is more individual.

 

Ok I'm going to say something stupid, but I picture the White Album like this :

Paul standing tall and a "We're doing this either my way or my way"  a-hard-days-night-paul-5

George shrugging shoulders "whatever, you do what you want I'm doing my stuff because I realized it's as brilliant as yours" a-hard-days-night-george-7

John showing the finger "Fuck you guys. I got Yoko on my side". two-virgins

And Ringo looking around and being Ringo. Something I love BTW.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7


 lol. I love ringo being ringo a-hard-days-night-ringo-9 john & yoko creep me out though a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Sometimes I wish I had a big yellow submarine...

Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
50
30 July 2010 - 1.47am

mithveaen said:

MrBig said:

paulsbass said:


Sounds very "hoarse" too. Too bad the only lyrics are "Why don't we do it in the road?" (besides No one will be watching us). Very uncomfortable to listen to when you have family arounda-hard-days-night-paul-11
 

That's the advantage of living in a Spanish spoken country. I could say that song in front of my father without any problem.

 

BTW I love the White Album but as a whole. There are some songs that I can't listen individually. Or, if you listen it to randomly, it doesn't make sense. At least not to me. Which is contradictory because I feel that album is more individual.

 

Ok I'm going to say something stupid, but I picture the White Album like this :

Paul standing tall and a "We're doing this either my way or my way"  a-hard-days-night-paul-5

George shrugging shoulders "whatever, you do what you want I'm doing my stuff because I realized it's as brilliant as yours" a-hard-days-night-george-7

John showing the finger "Fuck you guys. I got Yoko on my side". two-virgins

And Ringo looking around and being Ringo. Something I love BTW.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7


but, but, what's on john's other side? a-hard-days-night-john-2

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
4618 Posts
(Offline)
51
30 July 2010 - 1.50am

MrBig said:

mithveaen said:

John showing the finger "Fuck you guys. I got Yoko on my side". two-virgins
And Ringo looking around and being Ringo. Something I love BTW.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7


but, but, what's on john's other side? a-hard-days-night-john-2
 

 

A monkey? blue-meanie

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
52
30 July 2010 - 1.52am

mithveaen said:

MrBig said:

mithveaen said:

John showing the finger "Fuck you guys. I got Yoko on my side". two-virgins

And Ringo looking around and being Ringo. Something I love BTW.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7


but, but, what's on john's other side? a-hard-days-night-john-2

 


 

A monkey? blue-meanie


The monkey's yoko?

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
4618 Posts
(Offline)
53
30 July 2010 - 1.58am

MrBig said:

mithveaen said:

MrBig said:

mithveaen said:

John showing the finger "Fuck you guys. I got Yoko on my side". two-virgins

And Ringo looking around and being Ringo. Something I love BTW.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7


but, but, what's on john's other side? a-hard-days-night-john-2
 

 

A monkey? blue-meanie


The monkey's yoko?
 

 

No... she's on the other side...

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
2716 Posts
(Offline)
54
30 July 2010 - 1.59am

MrBig said:

mithveaen said:

MrBig said:

mithveaen said:

John showing the finger "Fuck you guys. I got Yoko on my side". two-virgins

And Ringo looking around and being Ringo. Something I love BTW.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7


but, but, what's on john's other side? a-hard-days-night-john-2
 

 

A monkey? blue-meanie


The monkey's yoko?
 

No, but Everybody's Got Something to Hide....

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
4618 Posts
(Offline)
55
30 July 2010 - 2.01am

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

MrBig said:

mithveaen said:

MrBig said:

mithveaen said:

John showing the finger "Fuck you guys. I got Yoko on my side". two-virgins

And Ringo looking around and being Ringo. Something I love BTW.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7


but, but, what's on john's other side? a-hard-days-night-john-2

 


 

A monkey? blue-meanie


The monkey's yoko?

 


No, but Everybody's Got Something to Hide....
 

 

Yeah but there's no much room to hide something here -> two-virgins a-hard-days-night-john-7

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
2716 Posts
(Offline)
56
30 July 2010 - 2.04am

mithveaen said:

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

MrBig said:

mithveaen said:

MrBig said:

mithveaen said:

John showing the finger "Fuck you guys. I got Yoko on my side". two-virgins

And Ringo looking around and being Ringo. Something I love BTW.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7


but, but, what's on john's other side? a-hard-days-night-john-2
 

 

A monkey? blue-meanie


The monkey's yoko?
 

No, but Everybody's Got Something to Hide....

 


 

Yeah but there's no much room to hide something here -> two-virgins a-hard-days-night-john-7


Um... behind them? Oh wait. That's the back cover. Um... between John's arm and Yoko's back? 

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

Avatar
emmybear
20 Posts
(Offline)
57
1 August 2010 - 4.42am

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

mithveaen said:

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

MrBig said:

mithveaen said:

MrBig said:

mithveaen said:

John showing the finger "Fuck you guys. I got Yoko on my side". two-virgins

And Ringo looking around and being Ringo. Something I love BTW.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7


but, but, what's on john's other side? a-hard-days-night-john-2
 

 
A monkey? blue-meanie

The monkey's yoko?
 

No, but Everybody's Got Something to Hide....
 

 
Yeah but there's no much room to hide something here -> two-virgins a-hard-days-night-john-7

Um... behind them? Oh wait. That's the back cover. Um... between John's arm and Yoko's back? 

oh wow i'm just confused now a-hard-days-night-john-3

Sometimes I wish I had a big yellow submarine...

Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
1143 Posts
(Offline)
58
16 August 2010 - 10.00pm

I love Rovolution 9!

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

ziggysawdust
2 Posts
(Offline)
59
24 August 2012 - 3.26pm

a-hard-days-night-john-4

 

Interesting that I stumbled upon this thread as I have just been listening to the Esher acoustic demos, some of which are not incredibly far from their electric ‘babies’ (Back In The USSR, I’m So Tired, Cry Baby Cry) while others obviously evolved from acoustic scribblings into the masterpieces on the finished album (‘Helter Skelter’, ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps’, ‘Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except me and my monkey’). Other songs that most certainly belonged on the White Album are ‘Sour Milk Sea’  and ‘Not Guilty’ , the latter being recorded for the album (appearing on Anthology 3 ultimately after a huge ride on bootlegs).

The other amazing oddity is that ‘Jealous Guy’ (as it’s Summer-of-Love stalled demo version ‘Child Of Nature’ features prominently amongst the major acoustic demos here. Surprisingly, for an album that many (George Martin for example) think had too much on it, there was obviously a great deal of quality control, and the material could well have stumbled on to produce a triple album with some of the aforementioned classic tunes making it no less enthralling (had their interest kept up, which by that point may have been impossible).

Anyroad, I agree with John Lennon himself who compares the White Album with epper and favours the former as he believes his songs are better quality (for Christ sake: Dear Prudence, I’m So Tired, Julia, Monkey, Happiness, Sexy Sadie etc et-bloody-cetera) and sung better in his (and my) view.

The album is their most eclectic, reaches the highest peaks for all four, with McCartney not being as clichéd as he tends to be in the latter singles and in some of the album space in which he has free run of it (I’m thinking Abbey Road and Let it Be).

Anyway, along with Revolver, Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour, I think the White Album is the beatles at their peak, and I personally don’t care who plays or sings on what, I just love the music on it and always will.a-hard-days-night-john-1

Avatar
GeorgeTSimpson
Vienna, Austria
343 Posts
(Offline)
60
24 August 2012 - 4.22pm

White Album is my second favourite album after Abbey Road

Once there was a way to get back homewards. Once there was a way to get back home; sleep pretty darling do not cry. And I will sing a lullaby

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Joe
Ellie

Moderators:
Ahhh Girl
meanmistermustard
Zig
Joe

Top Posters:

Starr Shine?: 12269

Silly Girl: 8618

parlance: 7065

mr. Sun king coming together: 6429

Mr. Kite: 6131

trcanberra: 5854

Ron Nasty: 5549

Necko: 5461

mithveaen: 4618

AppleScruffJunior: 4055

Newest Members:

herseydenvar2

JohnBeatle

Michael Varn

asiffk

Ram4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 4012

Posts: 227704

 

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 3634

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Joe, meanmistermustard, Starr Shine?, Sugarplum fairy, fabbeatlebooks
64 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: O Boogie