Log In

Please consider registering
Guest

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Min search length: 3 characters / Max search length: 84 characters

Register Ranks

Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
You Know My name Beware of Abbey Road
RSS
Avatar
kingjjj8
Strawberry Fields
327 Posts
(Offline)
1
19 August 2010 - 10.36pm

Okay! So I hear that there is a secret phone number in "You Know My Name (Look up The Number)" They say it's after the cuckoo clock.a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

Supposedly if you call it all yo will hear is "Beware of Abbey Road" And the line goes dead!!! a-hard-days-night-paul-4 Spooky!

I havn't been able to hear it but if anyone else can please tell the number!

Rap music is just computerized crap. - George Harrison

Avatar
Joe
Pepperland
4512 Posts
(Offline)
2
20 August 2010 - 11.00am

Oh, I've heard bits and pieces about this. I think it's one of those Beatles myths that sprung up and nobody's ever proved (because they're myths).

At one point in the song there's a cuckoo sound which happens five times in a row. Somewhere around that point a number is supposedly read out (I can't hear it, unless it's the "You know me number one, you know me number two" bit). Apparently when people tried calling it they heard the "Beware of Abbey Road" message.

There's another version of the story, whereby if you hold up a mirror to the Magical Mystery Tour cover you get a phone number (this link has various interpretations of what the number might be). The number supposedly gave info on the Paul Is Dead myth.

One other thing - if you read my You Know My Name article there's a quote by Dennis O'Dell, who had worked on the A Hard Day's Night film and ran Apple Films. He got plagued with phone calls after the song came out (his name and number were in the phone book, as in the song).

Please don't spoil my day; I'm miles away

Can buy me love! Please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

Avatar
kingjjj8
Strawberry Fields
327 Posts
(Offline)
3
20 August 2010 - 8.22pm

Wow! that's really something! I really wanna see if one is true! thanks Joe!a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

Rap music is just computerized crap. - George Harrison

Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
2716 Posts
(Offline)
4
20 August 2010 - 8.48pm

Joe said:

One other thing - if you read my You Know My Name article there's a quote by Dennis O'Dell, who had worked on the A Hard Day's Night film and ran Apple Films. He got plagued with phone calls after the song came out (his name and number were in the phone book, as in the song).


Thank you, Joe, for not saying something like "I found a great article on my favorite website."

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

Avatar
skye
AZ
2252 Posts
(Offline)
5
20 August 2010 - 8.49pm

Why should he? It's his article.brian-epstein

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!

Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
2716 Posts
(Offline)
6
20 August 2010 - 8.51pm

skye said:

Why should he? It's his article.brian-epstein


You know what I mean, skye. Haven't you seen the posts referring to this great new site the poster found?

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

Avatar
skye
AZ
2252 Posts
(Offline)
7
20 August 2010 - 8.58pm

It's dropped off a bit (thankfully).  'When in doubt, check Joe's articles' seems like a good rule for most Beatle questions.

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!

Avatar
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

8722 Posts
(Offline)
8
20 August 2010 - 9.07pm

brian-epsteinskye said:

  'When in doubt, check Joe's articles' seems like a good rule for most Beatle questions.


Great advice, skye. When I answer someone's question and I know the answer is on this site, I will include the link to the page. a-hard-days-night-john-3

Most find it helpful – some don't.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

Avatar
skye
AZ
2252 Posts
(Offline)
9
20 August 2010 - 9.27pm

It's all in how you word it. a-hard-days-night-paul-2

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!

Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
2716 Posts
(Offline)
10
20 August 2010 - 9.35pm

skye said:

It's dropped off a bit (thankfully).  'When in doubt, check Joe's articles' seems like a good rule for most Beatle questions.


RANDOM ALERT! 

What is John saying in your avatar, skye?

TOLD YOU. 

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

Avatar
skye
AZ
2252 Posts
(Offline)
11
20 August 2010 - 10.07pm

I really have no idea. Mithveaen shared a theory with me, but who can say?a-hard-days-night-george-4

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!

Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
4618 Posts
(Offline)
12
21 August 2010 - 12.23am

skye said:

I really have no idea. Mithveaen shared a theory with me, but who can say?a-hard-days-night-george-4


Actually in Mexico the gesture of having your arm upright and pulling it down is a big, big insult. It involves the f word. It depends how you use it. If you are angry at someone, you do it and tell the person.. "effin you". Or if someone does something bad to you and you take revenge, you can do the gesture and say "I efffin him or her"

 

So I guess John was angry with Paul or something and he saying "I had a discussion with Paul and I won. So I f*** him. Big time". Well, that's my theory. He might be saying "My son Sean loves Thomas the train and all this friends!!"a-hard-days-night-george-6

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
1054 Posts
(Offline)
13
21 August 2010 - 2.11am

mithveaen said:

skye said:

I really have no idea. Mithveaen shared a theory with me, but who can say?a-hard-days-night-george-4


Actually in Mexico the gesture of having your arm upright and pulling it down is a big, big insult. It involves the f word. It depends how you use it. If you are angry at someone, you do it and tell the person.. "effin you". Or if someone does something bad to you and you take revenge, you can do the gesture and say "I efffin him or her"
 

So I guess John was angry with Paul or something and he saying "I had a discussion with Paul and I won. So I f*** him. Big time". Well, that's my theory. He might be saying "My son Sean loves Thomas the train and all this friends!!"a-hard-days-night-george-6


Or he might just be saying "Fuck you"

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
4618 Posts
(Offline)
14
21 August 2010 - 2.50am

MrBig said:


Or he might just be saying "Fuck you"

 


Well in Mexico not really. It would be I ****  him or her, judging for his happy face. a-hard-days-night-john-1

Ok now that sounds totally wrong...

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

Avatar
skye
AZ
2252 Posts
(Offline)
15
21 August 2010 - 12.38pm

Wow, this got off topic. a-hard-days-night-paul-4 He does look happy.

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!

Avatar
sarah machinella
877 Posts
(Offline)
16
21 August 2010 - 1.02pm

All of your posts seem so much happier due to that avatar

Avatar
kingjjj8
Strawberry Fields
327 Posts
(Offline)
17
21 August 2010 - 4.52pm

Paulrus said:

All of your posts seem so much happier due to that avatar


Yeah! Whenever someone posts something i imagine their avatar saying it. I have no idea why.a-hard-days-night-george-5

Rap music is just computerized crap. - George Harrison

Avatar
kingjjj8
Strawberry Fields
327 Posts
(Offline)
18
21 August 2010 - 4.53pm

Seriously tho. Do any of you know The number! I need to call it!! And i need the area code!!!!!!!!! a-hard-days-night-paul-9

Rap music is just computerized crap. - George Harrison

Avatar
skye
AZ
2252 Posts
(Offline)
19
21 August 2010 - 8.37pm

Paulrus said:

All of your posts seem so much happier due to that avatar


Hah, your posts look… windier? 

 

kingjjj8 said:

Seriously tho. Do any of you know The number! I need to call it!! And i need the area code!!!!!!!!! a-hard-days-night-paul-9


If it was real, I think it would be disconnected by now. I kind of want an answering machine, sitting alone in a white room at Apple Corp HQ,  answering fan calls.

 

Answering machine

Says, “Beware of Abbey Road

A long, lonely time.

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!

Marcelo
478 Posts
(Offline)
20
22 August 2010 - 5.14pm

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

skye said:

It's dropped off a bit (thankfully).  'When in doubt, check Joe's articles' seems like a good rule for most Beatle questions.


RANDOM ALERT!
 

What is John saying in your avatar, skye?

TOLD YOU. 


This avatar is from "Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus", right?

I'd like to say "thank you" on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition.
John Lennon

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Joe
Ellie

Moderators:
Ahhh Girl
meanmistermustard
Zig
Joe

Top Posters:

Starr Shine?: 12269

Silly Girl: 8618

parlance: 7065

mr. Sun king coming together: 6429

Mr. Kite: 6131

trcanberra: 5854

Ron Nasty: 5549

Necko: 5461

mithveaen: 4618

AppleScruffJunior: 4055

Newest Members:

Sean

markus567r

herseydenvar2

JohnBeatle

Michael Varn

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 4012

Posts: 227704

 

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 3634

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Ron Nasty, BeatleSnut, Skelter, WeepingAtlasCedars
53 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: O Boogie