This might be hard to understand, but let me give an example:
1963: Twist And Shout
1964: A Hard Day's Night
1965: You Won't See Me
1966: I Want To Tell You
1967: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
What's your list?
"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."
I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine
"Playing those mind games together, pushing the barriers, planting seeds. Playing the mind guerilla, chanting the Mantra, peace on earth."
"And of course Henry the Horse dances the waltz!"
"I now declare this bridge open"
When John Lennon was asked if he thought Ringo was one of the best drummers in Rock-and-Roll, he said (smiling) "Hell, he's not even the best drummer in the Beatles."
- 1962 - 'Love Me Do' (first single and its this or 'PS I Love You'.)
- 1963 - 'She Loves You' (brought the UK to its knees, sold in ridiculous amounts). (note: am tempted to say 'I Want To Hold Your Hand' mainly for the US but that flows into 1964 burst flooding the country)
- 1964 - 'A Hard Day's Night' (title of the film, sums up the insanity of Beatlemania, studio progression, maturity in the song).
- 1965 - 'We Can Work It Out' (another huge leap forward in lyrics, production, not as fast a single hence John's push for the double a-side with 'Day Tripper' etc).
- 1966 - 'Tomorrow Never Knows' (highlights how far the band had advanced and where they were going (first recorded song for 'Revolver')
- 1967 - 'A Day In The Life' (the crowning moment off 'Pepper', group way ahead of any of their rivals in every way)
- 1968 - 'Hey Jude' (mostly still togetherness but problems in the camp (Paul v George over the answering guitar parts))
- 1969 - 'Something' (George equaling if not surpassing John and Paul in his song creation and finally gets his a-side)
- 1970 - 'Let It Be' (end result good but road there long and lugubrious, just let it end be over was the desire of all)
"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)
"Don't make your love suffer insecurities; Trade the baggage of "self" to set another one free" ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
Starr Shine?: 12313
Silly Girl: 8633
mr. Sun king coming together: 6429
Mr. Kite: 6131
Ron Nasty: 5567
Guest Posters: 87
Most Users Ever Online: 597
Currently Online: Starr Shine?, sir walter raleigh, Evangeline
Currently Browsing this Page: