3 April 2010
This might be hard to understand, but let me give an example:
1963: Twist And Shout
1964: A Hard Day's Night
1965: You Won't See Me
1966: I Want To Tell You
1967: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
What's your list?
1 May 2010
17 March 2010
You missed a year.
1962: "Love Me Do"
11 October 2009
14 November 2014
1 November 2013
1979: Long and winding road
The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:VeraChuckDave
she was the sun, burning bright and brittle and,
If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.
1 January 2015
When John Lennon was asked if he thought Ringo was one of the best drummers in Rock-and-Roll, he said (smiling) "Hell, he's not even the best drummer in the Beatles."
8 November 2012
1 May 2011
- 1962 - 'Love Me Do' (first single and its this or 'PS I Love You'.)
- 1963 - 'She Loves You' (brought the UK to its knees, sold in ridiculous amounts). (note: am tempted to say 'I Want To Hold Your Hand' mainly for the US but that flows into 1964 burst flooding the country)
- 1964 - 'A Hard Day's Night' (title of the film, sums up the insanity of Beatlemania, studio progression, maturity in the song).
- 1965 - 'We Can Work It Out' (another huge leap forward in lyrics, production, not as fast a single hence John's push for the double a-side with 'Day Tripper' etc).
- 1966 - 'Tomorrow Never Knows' (highlights how far the band had advanced and where they were going (first recorded song for 'Revolver')
- 1967 - 'A Day In The Life' (the crowning moment off 'Pepper', group way ahead of any of their rivals in every way)
- 1968 - 'Hey Jude' (mostly still togetherness but problems in the camp (Paul v George over the answering guitar parts))
- 1969 - 'Something' (George equaling if not surpassing John and Paul in his song creation and finally gets his a-side)
- 1970 - 'Let It Be' (end result good but road there long and lugubrious, just let it end be over was the desire of all)
"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)
"Don't make your love suffer insecurities; Trade the baggage of "self" to set another one free" ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
8 November 2012
20 January 2015
Most Users Ever Online: 597
Currently Online: Ahhh Girl
Currently Browsing this Page:
Starr Shine?: 12071
Silly Girl: 8281
mr. Sun king coming together: 6980
Mr. Kite: 6146
Ron Nasty: 5519
Guest Posters: 87
Newest Members:WildHoneyPiee, tonyp, tacrolimus, dmfowler67, chadlofts
Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 12224, meanmistermustard: 18953, Zig: 8583, Joe: 4557
Administrators: Joe: 4557, Ellie: 3