Log In

Please consider registering
Guest

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Min search length: 3 characters / Max search length: 84 characters

Ranks

Lost password?
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
The beatles lyrics and life
RSS
Avatar
Getting Better
113 Posts
(Offline)
1
29 November 2010 - 11.50pm

Have you ever seen a similarity in any song of The Beatles with any thing that has happened in your life?

I recently had a dream that reminded me of "Girl" because i wanted to know more about that girl but it looked like she hated me and treated me bad, and "Happines is a warm gun" I`m doing this proyect for school and it`s a story told only in photographs and we had to do it with eggs and we had this cowboy idea and one of the just shooted everyone(It wasn`t my story) and he looked really happy doing it.

John, Paul, George and Ringo= The Beatles

And i buried Tulio!

Avatar
MotherNaturesDaughter
On the Hill with the Fool
537 Posts
(Offline)
2
30 November 2010 - 12.46am

Last year I said something I shouldn't have to someone I was really good friends with. So my life at that time was synonymous with Yesterday. Nothing has been the same with her since, even though I've apologized profusely. And I really am sorry I was so ignorant back then.

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."- Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor of Doctor Who (Episode 1 Season 5: The Eleventh Hour)

Avatar
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
1327 Posts
(Offline)
3
30 November 2010 - 3.30am

Maxwell's Silver Hammer happened to me...it was odd.a-hard-days-night-paul-10

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

Avatar
CranberrySauce
Sitting on a Corn Flake
398 Posts
(Offline)
4
30 November 2010 - 3.51am

I feel like "A Hard Day's Night" when it's a particularly dragging day at school. "When I get home to you", in my mind, refers to my family.

And I had a "Goodday Sunshine" moment last year when the school field opened at the start of Spring- I was actually singing the song, running around and pretty much making a fool of myself (in the best possible way).

Because the wind is high, it blows my mind.
Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
4618 Posts
(Offline)
5
30 November 2010 - 4.29am

GniknuS said:

Maxwell's Silver Hammer happened to me…it was odd.a-hard-days-night-paul-10


a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

 

Mhh that a Beatle song happened to you… mhhhhh not really I can't think of anyone. Maybe after a long cold winter, when I feel the warming sun I'm like "Ohhh Here Comes The Sun!!!" a-hard-days-night-george-8

 

Or when it rains I always say "I don't mind"

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

Avatar
Getting Better
113 Posts
(Offline)
6
30 November 2010 - 5.20am

CranberrySauce said:

I feel like "A Hard Day's Night" when it's a particularly dragging day at school. "When I get home to you", in my mind, refers to my family.

And I had a "Goodday Sunshine" moment last year when the school field opened at the start of Spring- I was actually singing the song, running around and pretty much making a fool of myself (in the best possible way).


I have also done that, specially when after working a couple more of minutes at the night for a proyect, talking about school everytime i am not 5 minutes early for my english class "Run For Your Life" starts playing in my head(but somehow i also hear John singing the lyrics of "I Wanna Be Your Man" in the same tune).

So you made a fool of yourself in a good way, so i have to say probably you were "The Fool On The Hill"a-hard-days-night-paul-5

John, Paul, George and Ringo= The Beatles

And i buried Tulio!

Avatar
An unidentified flying cupcake
71 Posts
(Offline)
7
30 November 2010 - 6.43am

"I Want To Tell You" most of the time, because I'm this kind of person. and i'm such a hopeless daydreamer, so "there's a place" is always playing in my daydream-background :))

Do I have to keep on talking till I can't go on!

Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
2716 Posts
(Offline)
8
30 November 2010 - 9.29pm

GniknuS said:

Maxwell's Silver Hammer happened to me...it was odd.a-hard-days-night-paul-10


*raises eyebrows*

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

Avatar
kingjjj8
Strawberry Fields
327 Posts
(Offline)
9
2 December 2010 - 12.58am

I have had a bunch of beatle lyric moments in my life! Like this time where me and my freind had a fight and i thought We Can Work It Out!

Also my freind liked this girl and I wanted to tell her "He Loves you yeah yeah yeah!" Instead of ya know. And Every day is like Nowhere Man

when i eat strwberrys i think of strawberry frilds foreverr. Whenever i am tired. I'm sooo tired i havent slept a winka-hard-days-night-john-3

Rap music is just computerized crap. - George Harrison

Avatar
Getting Better
113 Posts
(Offline)
10
2 December 2010 - 11.51pm

kingjjj8 said:

I have had a bunch of beatle lyric moments in my life! Like this time where me and my freind had a fight and i thought We Can Work It Out!

Also my freind liked this girl and I wanted to tell her "He Loves you yeah yeah yeah!" Instead of ya know. And Every day is like Nowhere Man

when i eat strwberrys i think of strawberry frilds foreverr. Whenever i am tired. I'm sooo tired i havent slept a winka-hard-days-night-john-3


Oh talking about Strawberry Fields Forever when i`m playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and there is this puzzle and it has a strawberry design and i say "Oh no ! I almost made strawberry fields"a-hard-days-night-paul-10

John, Paul, George and Ringo= The Beatles

And i buried Tulio!

Avatar
Celebrated_Mr_K
155 Posts
(Offline)
11
3 December 2010 - 4.24am

The greatest lyric ever written about losing your job:

 

Any jobber got the sack

Monday morning turning back

Yellow lorry slow, nowhere to go

But oh that magic feeling, nowhere to go

 

If you've ever been laid off, you'll understand this intimately.  I remember the incredible stress I was under at one place I worked...long hours, much overtime, not much appreciation...and then bingo, you're suddenly let go.  The sting really hurts, but within an hour or two (after the initial shock wore off), I felt this enormous relief as the stress I'd endured for a couple of years was suddenly gone.  Oh, that magic feeling, nowhere to go...

Avatar
StarWisher
1154 Posts
(Offline)
12
3 December 2010 - 4.42am

Toward the end of senior year of college, I seriously felt I was being thrown out of my cocoon into a black hole, and I took comfort in the verse previous to the one you quoted

"Out of college,

money spent,

can't see not future,

can't pay no rent,

all the money's gone, nowhere to go..."

 

I was freaked out of my mind not knowing what I was going to end up doing, and where I could end up being, but once I settled down a bit (also comforted by the "oh, that magic feeling, no where to go..." line) it seemed kind of cool that hey, I could wind up in California, I could wind up in Texas. Not bad for someone whose family has spent generations in the same state.

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." — Dr. Seuss

 

 

Avatar
skye
AZ
2252 Posts
(Offline)
13
3 December 2010 - 1.29pm

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Exactly. I graduated in 2009, and it was over a year before I found a job. That was my theme song. Now?
Each day just goes so fast

I turn around - it's past

You don't get time to hang a sign on me

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!

Avatar
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

8734 Posts
(Offline)
14
3 December 2010 - 3.33pm

Celebrated_Mr_K said:

The greatest lyric ever written about losing your job:

 

Any jobber got the sack

Monday morning turning back

Yellow lorry slow, nowhere to go

But oh that magic feeling, nowhere to go

 

If you've ever been laid off, you'll understand this intimately.  I remember the incredible stress I was under at one place I worked...long hours, much overtime, not much appreciation...and then bingo, you're suddenly let go.  The sting really hurts, but within an hour or two (after the initial shock wore off), I felt this enormous relief as the stress I'd endured for a couple of years was suddenly gone.  Oh, that magic feeling, nowhere to go...


Wow Mr_K. You just described to a "Drop T" something I went through many years ago. The stress release way outweighed the fear of suddenly having no income.

BTW - I haven't seen a post from you in while. Good to see you back in these pages.

apple01

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

Avatar
Celebrated_Mr_K
155 Posts
(Offline)
15
6 December 2010 - 7.30pm

Thanks, Zig.

I haven't been contributing much to these boards lately, but not because I don't want to.  I've been frustrated by the structure of the boards.  For some reason, it won't recognize me as logged in on about 50% of the threads.  Take this one, for example.  I posted the earlier message about joblessness.  After you responded, the board wouldn't recognize me again until today.  Grrrr...I know I'm not the most computer-savvy guy around, but I've never encountered these problems elsewhere.

Avatar
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

8734 Posts
(Offline)
16
6 December 2010 - 8.16pm

It happens to me on occasion as well, Mr_K.

I find that when I get that error, I hit the F5 (refresh) key on my keyboard and it usually clears up.

Hope that helps. mal-evans

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

Avatar
Celebrated_Mr_K
155 Posts
(Offline)
17
6 December 2010 - 10.43pm

Hey, it works!

Thanks, Zig.

Avatar
Getting Better
113 Posts
(Offline)
18
6 December 2010 - 11.43pm

Celebrated_Mr_K said:

Thanks, Zig.

I haven't been contributing much to these boards lately, but not because I don't want to.  I've been frustrated by the structure of the boards.  For some reason, it won't recognize me as logged in on about 50% of the threads.  Take this one, for example.  I posted the earlier message about joblessness.  After you responded, the board wouldn't recognize me again until today.  Grrrr...I know I'm not the most computer-savvy guy around, but I've never encountered these problems elsewhere.


That has happened to me and lost some posts in the way( i want them to Get Back to where they once belonged)a-hard-days-night-george-10

Thanks a lot Zig

P.S: Finally what i needed for my topic. A Zig post!

John, Paul, George and Ringo= The Beatles

And i buried Tulio!

Avatar
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

8734 Posts
(Offline)
19
7 December 2010 - 12.15am

Getting Better said:

Celebrated_Mr_K said:

Thanks, Zig.


That has happened to me and lost some posts in the way( i want them to Get Back to where they once belonged)a-hard-days-night-george-10
Thanks a lot Zig

P.S: Finally what i needed for my topic. A Zig post!


You are both welcome - and this is a cool topic, GB. However, if I posted every time a Beatles lyric described a precise moment of my life, I'd never come out of my office!

a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

Avatar
Getting Better
113 Posts
(Offline)
20
7 December 2010 - 6.00am

Zig said:

Getting Better said:

Celebrated_Mr_K said:

Thanks, Zig.


That has happened to me and lost some posts in the way( i want them to Get Back to where they once belonged)a-hard-days-night-george-10
Thanks a lot Zig
P.S: Finally what i needed for my topic. A Zig post!

You are both welcome - and this is a cool topic, GB. However, if I posted every time a Beatles lyric described a precise moment of my life, I'd never come out of my office!
a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

Thanks for that, and you sure are right if i had to say every time a beatles song relates somehow to my life it would take a lot of time

And i`m sure if you stayed at your office all day the would say "Ahhhh, loook at the lonely Zig"( Eleanor Rigby)

John, Paul, George and Ringo= The Beatles

And i buried Tulio!

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Joe
Ellie

Moderators:
Ahhh Girl
meanmistermustard
Zig
Joe

Top Posters:

Starr Shine?: 12304

Silly Girl: 8633

parlance: 7065

mr. Sun king coming together: 6429

Mr. Kite: 6131

trcanberra: 5856

Ron Nasty: 5566

Necko: 5478

mithveaen: 4618

AppleScruffJunior: 4056

Newest Members:

Swango

Eric mythemeshop

princepaulie

simonc

Pauls Grandfather

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 4014

Posts: 228105

 

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 3638

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online:
43 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: Amber1965