Please consider registering
Guest
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Favorite song to play on an instrument
15 September 2010
10.01pm
Sunii
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 644
Member Since:
13 February 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

It doesn't have to be a Beatles song, I guess..

I absolutley love playing “Slow Down ” on the piano. It's easy, but it's fun. Playing and singing? Even better.

 

Thursday night your stockings needed mending.

15 September 2010
10.06pm
Avatar
MotherNaturesDaughter
On the Hill with the Fool
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 537
Member Since:
13 September 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I love playing “Elenor Rigby” on my violin. It's so much fun! a-hard-days-night-ringo-9 But singing wise I love to sing “I'm Happy Just To Dance With You”. Mostly because it's such a sweet song and it's in my vocal range. Which is surprising because I'm a girl.

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."- Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor of Doctor Who (Episode 1 Season 5: The Eleventh Hour)

15 September 2010
10.10pm
Sunii
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 644
Member Since:
13 February 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

MotherNaturesDaughter said:

But singing wise I love to sing “I'm Happy Just To Dance With You”. Mostly because it's such a sweet song and it's in my vocal range. Which is surprising because I'm a girl.


Wow. I know guys who can't even sing that song because of the deep vocals. You must have a deep man voice…

 

Thursday night your stockings needed mending.

15 September 2010
10.19pm
Avatar
MotherNaturesDaughter
On the Hill with the Fool
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 537
Member Since:
13 September 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sunii said:

MotherNaturesDaughter said:

But singing wise I love to sing “I'm Happy Just To Dance With You”. Mostly because it's such a sweet song and it's in my vocal range. Which is surprising because I'm a girl.


Wow. I know guys who can't even sing that song because of the deep vocals. You must have a deep man voice…


My drama teacher did say I have a low voice. And I could possibly be singing an octave higher without realizing it. I'm not very good at listening to what notes I'm singing as I am with my violin.

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."- Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor of Doctor Who (Episode 1 Season 5: The Eleventh Hour)

16 September 2010
2.56am
Avatar
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1327
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm Only Sleeping on ukulele, it's not very difficult but it sounds really good. Also It's Only Love, you can't really tell from the Help version, but if you listen to the anthology version John really sounds fantastic and that's a fun one to play because it's so fast. Here Comes The Sun is pretty fun on organ, but then again most songs are fun to play on the organ.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

16 September 2010
12.37pm
Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1050
Member Since:
3 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

16 September 2010
11.19pm
Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1134
Member Since:
7 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

GniknuS said:

I'm Only Sleeping on ukulele, it's not very difficult but it sounds really good. Also It's Only Love, you can't really tell from the Help version, but if you listen to the anthology version John really sounds fantastic and that's a fun one to play because it's so fast. Here Comes The Sun is pretty fun on organ, but then again most songs are fun to play on the organ.


I made up a funeral march on a church organ, It creeped the whole house out.

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

16 September 2010
11.20pm
sarah machinella
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 876
Member Since:
8 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

It's not a particularly hard song, but I like All My Loving on bass. It's just a fun song to play.

Hey Bulldog is really fun on piano as well, and so is The End on drums… Gah, too hard to pick.

16 September 2010
11.22pm
Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1134
Member Since:
7 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I've only had my account for around a month and a half and I'm already one of the top posters. Its quite sad really.

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

16 September 2010
11.24pm
Avatar
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1327
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Dear Prudence said:

GniknuS said:

I'm Only Sleeping on ukulele, it's not very difficult but it sounds really good. Also It's Only Love, you can't really tell from the Help version, but if you listen to the anthology version John really sounds fantastic and that's a fun one to play because it's so fast. Here Comes The Sun is pretty fun on organ, but then again most songs are fun to play on the organ.


I made up a funeral march on a church organ, It creeped the whole house out.
 


Nice! The organ can sound pretty creepy, but it can also sound pretty funky, so it's a pretty versatile instrument.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

16 September 2010
11.31pm
Sunii
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 644
Member Since:
13 February 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Paulrus said:

Hey Bulldog is really fun on piano as well, and so is The End on drums.


Playing Hey Bulldog on the piano is epic. The End on the drums? Epic….ER!

 

Thursday night your stockings needed mending.

16 September 2010
11.36pm
Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1134
Member Since:
7 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sunii said:

Paulrus said:

Hey Bulldog is really fun on piano as well, and so is The End on drums.


Playing Hey Bulldog on the piano is epic. The End on the drums? Epic….ER!


SICK!

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

20 September 2010
12.49am
Marcelo
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 480
Member Since:
27 February 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'd like to say "thank you" on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition.
John Lennon

20 September 2010
12.51am
Avatar
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1134
Member Since:
7 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Yellow Submarine on drums is pretty fun.

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

17 June 2021
5.51pm
Avatar
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4049
Member Since:
5 November 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I can kind of play Here Comes The Sun on the fisher price xylophone. I don’t know how to play any other Beatles song. My options are kind of limited with the instrument I have. 

The following people thank Little Piggy Dragonguy for this post:

sir walter raleigh

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

17 June 2021
5.53pm
Avatar
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16060
Member Since:
1 November 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Michelle is pretty easy to play on the drums. I like that one a lot.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: PauliesGirl, MrMrsChubb, Leopillow
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16060
Ron Nasty: 11470
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8722
Necko: 7952
AppleScruffJunior: 7452
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6403
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2648
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5035
Posts: 360070
Newest Members:
Leopillow, O. N. Fernandes, ScottB, kmyler, John Paul Harrison
Moderators: Joe: 5236, meanmistermustard: 23894, Ahhh Girl: 20084, Beatlebug: 17648, The Hole Got Fixed: 8268
Administrators: Joe: 5236