Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Ringo Tour 2017
14 November 2017
9.09pm
Midori78
USA
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 337
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Not sure why it’s so selective, especially since cellphone cameras in general take cruddy pictures at concerts, unless you have one of those insanely expensive ones. I have a mid-range to low-end phone that I’m more than happy with otherwise. I only took 3 photos during the actual show and this is what happened with two of the three:

20171111_202055.jpgImage Enlarger

So I don’t quite get what the fuss is about. The few good ones I get I’d just keep on the hard drive to document that “I was there”, lol. Not like I’m gonna post them everywhere ^^

But of course the people policing don’t know that. So it could be a liability thing. Then again, depending on the location, it’s totally random. As long as you don’t hold your phone up for more than say, 15 seconds or so, it may be all right. I’d just be discreet about it. a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

The following people thank Midori78 for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

To be or not to be, I don't care
The question is, Are you alive out there?
It don't take brains, Just heart and soul
I think, therefore I rock 'n roll.

17 November 2017
12.29pm
Pablo Ramon
Some Time in NYC
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 687

Well, I saw the final show of the US tour last night. My emotions are mixed. It’s a thrill for me to be in the same room as a Beatle, of course. And the All-Starr band really is spectacular. I was a bit annoyed at the “no photos, no video” policy, which is apparently Ringo’s rule. I don’t really understand why he or his organization would think such a policy makes sense. I also have to admit I got pretty impatient during the Richard Page / Steve Lukather songs. I am not a fan of Toto or Mr. Mister. But Ringo has such a warm presence that on the whole it was a positive experience.

The following people thank Pablo Ramon for this post:

Ahhh Girl, ewe2, Beatlebug
20 November 2017
1.24am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025

Pablo Ramon said
I also have to admit I got pretty impatient during the Richard Page / Steve Lukather songs. I am not a fan of Toto or Mr. Mister. But Ringo has such a warm presence that on the whole it was a positive experience.  

So pretty much the band I saw in Melbourne back in 2014. It made me a Todd fan as well as more of a Ringo fan. I was impressed at everyone’s vocals, god I wish I could sing like that. And I’m not a fan of Toto etc either, but I was still impressed with Lukather’s playing. Which was difficult to pay attention to because Todd was going nuts and being a great rock star john-lennon-salute_gif

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

Beatlebug

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

20 November 2017
12.31pm
Pablo Ramon
Some Time in NYC
Hollywood Bowl
Members

ewe2 said

So pretty much the band I saw in Melbourne back in 2014. It made me a Todd fan as well as more of a Ringo fan. I was impressed at everyone’s vocals, god I wish I could sing like that. And I’m not a fan of Toto etc either, but I was still impressed with Lukather’s playing. Which was difficult to pay attention to because Todd was going nuts and being a great rock star john-lennon-salute_gif  

I agree, Lukather is a superb guitarist, particularly on the Santana numbers… On the whole it was a fun show but, for me, having just seen Paul in September…well this was not exactly on par with a McCartney show.

Next stop – the annual Lennon tribute at Symphony Space on 12/1 – this year it features Patti Smith and Marshall Crenshaw, among others. With that I will have seen John, Paul and Ringo shows this year… maybe someone will do a George tribute in 2018.

Beatlebug
20 November 2017
7.02pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141

I think part of the reason Ringo likes a “no pictures or videos” rule is for the people who go to his shows. It forces people to be in the moment and other people’s experiences don’t get ruined by the people in front of them recording on their phone the whole show.

Also, I think that taking a picture knowing Ringo does not want that is very inconsiderate. I don’t think it’s a lot to ask for, honestly. He doesn’t want his picture taken. To do so anyways is a clear disregard to the boundaries that he has set. Would any of you want somebody taking pictures of you after you specifically requested that they didn’t? Maybe he is on a stage in front of a large audience, but he is still a human being and his boundaries should be respected.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

21 November 2017
2.30am
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789

I always support artists when they request to not have videos taken. Originally at the Monterey Pop Festival, Janis Joplin refused to be filmed for the official movie despite encouragement that she would get a massive amount of exposure. So why do all of these jackasses with smartphones think it is ok to record another person’s music and art for themselves. You bought a concert ticket to WITNESS the music, not film it.

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

21 November 2017
9.12am
Pablo Ramon
Some Time in NYC
Hollywood Bowl
Members

Well for the record, I complied with the no pictures rule, but it is literally the first show I have been to in the era of cell phones where such a policy existed. I respect Ringo’s right to make such a decision but, having spent hundreds of dollars on the tickets – without knowing about the rule – I was a little annoyed by it. 

sir walter raleigh, Midori78
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694