Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Ringo Tour 2014 (contains spoilers)
9 July 2014
2.14am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
281sp_Permalink sp_Print

radio.com interview with Ringo.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

9 July 2014
6.39am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932
282sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
I, sadly, did not get a tour shirt from Paul. Too much dollars…

I bought one last year, $40, and it was that thin concert tee material that shrinks a lot – I was very disappointed.  Ringo’s shirts were much better quality – they did run small but shouldn’t shrink, tg I’ve lost weight!

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

9 July 2014
2.29pm
Expert Textpert
In bed.
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5012
283sp_Permalink sp_Print

Matt Busby said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
I, sadly, did not get a tour shirt from Paul. Too much dollars…

I bought one last year, $40, and it was that thin concert tee material that shrinks a lot – I was very disappointed.  Ringo’s shirts were much better quality – they did run small but shouldn’t shrink, tg I’ve lost weight!

Thanks, now I know not to buy one.

"If you're ever in the shit, grab my tit.” —Paul McCartney 

15 July 2014
2.26pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

^^ @Expert Textpert To argue for the other side, I adore my shirt with the David Bailey pic. I don’t think it’s too thin. But I also don’t plan to wear it that often, I wash it as a delicate, etc.

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Expert Textpert

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

15 July 2014
2.27pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
285sp_Permalink sp_Print

A rather cranky review of Ringo’s concert in Santa Barbara. And they seem to be confusing his age with Paul’s.

parlance

15 July 2014
2.37pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24960

I agree with Mr Pallidino’s comments on ‘Kyrie’ (“But there was also Richard Page, the unconscionably horrible frontman for the terribly derivative band Mr. Mister. Sitting through a live version of the arch-insipid “Kyrie” is the last thing I thought I would do in my precious waning years.“), i left the room when that came on and went for a walk around the Clyde Auditorium.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

15 July 2014
2.57pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
287sp_Permalink sp_Print

LOL, that’s one of my favorite songs of the 80s. I’ve been looking forward to hearing it live.

parlance

15 July 2014
7.03pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
288sp_Permalink sp_Print

My favorite part was when he scribbled:

Chris Rollie, who led note-perfect reproductions of his old band Santana’s biggest hits

So…did Chris fill in for his brother GREGG?!?!a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

The following people thank Zig for this post:

parlance

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

16 July 2014
4.25pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24960
289sp_Permalink sp_Print

Examiner report on Ringo’s show in San Jose last Sunday (13th July). As per the norm if you don’t want to know the set-list dont open the link.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

20 July 2014
1.21am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

Off to see Ringo. Point-and-shoot camera still acting wonky, so I’ll just have my cell phone and try to post to pics to Instagram if I get a connection.

parlance

Ahhh Girl

20 July 2014
7.56am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

Back from the concert. My pics are here: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Those who are seeing him later this year might be interested in seeing the merchandise table.

My seat was perfect – I was back in the middle section, but I had the first row, so there were no heads blocking my view. And I had the very last seat on the right side, so I had ample room to dance in the aisle and not have to deal with anyone telling me to sit down.

It was a great show! So much energy! It seemed like it was cut a bit short due to the curfew at The Greek, and I wish there’d been far more Ringo up front, but I understand this format works best for him. And it was a thrill to see and hear him on drums.

That said, my favorite non-Ringo moments involved the guy from Mister Mister. One, because I love “Broken Wings” and “Kyrie.” But also, he debuted a new song, for which Ringo sat and played bongos. There was no encore, Ringo just went straight into “Photograph” and “With A Little Help From My Friends .” Ringo didn’t do “Octopus’s Garden ,” which pissed off a lot of people. But personally, I heard everything I wanted – particularly “I Wanna Be Your Man ” (albeit in a lower key). I was very surprised to see Ringo play a bit of keyboard at the beginning of “Don’t Pass Me By .” It was especially touching to hear “Photograph,” because I kept thinking of the Grammy performance with the Beatle photos in the background. And he was so darn cute during “With a Little Help ,” bouncing around like someone half his age.

Edit: I looked at the setlist Ahhh Girl posted, and it appears he hasn’t been doing Octopus’s Garden on this tour. A bit odd considering he has that recent children’s book of the same name. Also, I didn’t see an encore listed.

And now I can say I’ve seen the two surviving Beatles while I had a chance, for which I am ever grateful. Off to bed, I’m wiped!

parlance

meanmistermustard, Ahhh Girl, Mimi, Mr. Kite, Zig, Thom Mc

21 July 2014
5.57pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
292sp_Permalink sp_Print

Examiner article on the LA show. There were a couple of omissions at setlist.fm, so I added a couple.

parlance

5 August 2014
12.16am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
293sp_Permalink sp_Print

One of Ringo’s shows schedule for October has been canceled. Hopefully it doesn’t affect anyone here:

Ringo Starr ‘s press office confirmed Aug. 4 that the Ringo Starr All-Starr Band concert scheduled for Oct. 12 at Snowden Grove Amphitheater in Southaven, Mississippi has just been canceled because of travel issues. “They hope to make it back there on a future tour,” Ringo’s press representative told Beatles Examiner.

No other shows on the tour have been canceled, according to current information. The concert was one of 16 shows set for an October mini-tour by the All-Starr Band, who just completed a series of U.S. dates in July. The shows in the Midwest and South were to cover Nebraska, Texas, Mississippi, South Carolina and Florida. The additional shows were announced in June.

[x-posted to the news thread]

parlance

7 August 2014
3.29am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
294sp_Permalink sp_Print

From The Examiner:

Ringo Starr and his All-Starr Band have added a new show to their tour to fill the spot of a show recently canceled, it was announced Wednesday. The new show will take place at 8 p.m. Oct. 12 at the Moody Theater in Austin, Texas.

This is actually the second All-Starr Band show at the venue on this tour. The band is also playing there four days earlier on Oct. 8. That show is sold out. Tickets for the new show go on sale at 10 a.m. Aug. 15, according to the venue website.

[x-posted at the news thread]

parlance

15 August 2014
5.18am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
295sp_Permalink sp_Print

More on that second Ringo date:

Be quick Austin – We just added another date for you: Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 10am.

Austin, TX
Second show added – October 12, 2014
Austin City Limits Live
Tickets onsale 10:00 am CST via http://www.acl-live.com, by calling (877) 435-9849 and at The Austin City Limits Live Box Office.
See you soon!

Peace and Love

[x-posted to the news thread]

parlance

3 September 2014
8.10pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
296sp_Permalink sp_Print

From Ringo’s Facebook page. A celebration of his All-Starr band and crew.

Ringos-FB-tour-picture.jpgImage Enlarger

3 October 2014
6.50pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
297sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatles Magazine coverage with photos of Ringo in Vegas (warning: a radio station widget on the right-hand side plays automatically, but can be paused).

parlance

Thom Mc

3 October 2014
8.11pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
298sp_Permalink sp_Print

I clicked on that link and saw this. How cool!!

wheringoImage Enlarger

The following people thank Zig for this post:

parlance

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

5 October 2014
3.17pm
Thom Mc
Cracker Box Palace
The Jacaranda
Members
Forum Posts: 30
299sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatles Magazine coverage with photos of Ringo in Vegas (warning: a radio station widget on the right-hand side plays automatically, but can be paused).

parlance

Very cool. I can’t wait to see those guys next week.a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

Ringo Starr and his All Star Band live in Grand Prairie TX; Oct-11

The following people thank Thom Mc for this post:

Ahhh Girl, parlance

"Frist and foremost I am a drummer. After that, I'm other things... But I didn't play drums to make money." Ringo Starr

12 October 2014
11.31pm
Thom Mc
Cracker Box Palace
The Jacaranda
Members
Forum Posts: 30
300sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here’s a bit of Ringo’s show in Dallas TX last night. Great shot of Ringo doing “Boys a-hard-days-night-ringo-12

"Frist and foremost I am a drummer. After that, I'm other things... But I didn't play drums to make money." Ringo Starr

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5516
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5692, meanmistermustard: 24960, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5692