Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Ringo (1973 album)
sp_BlogLink Read the original blog post
29 January 2015
10.15pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

carlose01 said
I don’t know if it is the proper post to ask this…

When listening to the 1973’s album (Ringo), yesterday, I started to think “who are all these people on the front cover?”

I noticed John, Paul, George, Ringo, Linda, Yoko and Klaus Voormann (I believe he is on Yoko’s left side). 

Hope you can help me.

Thanks,

carlose01

It’s a good copy of the Pepper cover isn’t it, with the same questions. I’m glad we now know everyone on the former, including people who were removed; I haven’t seen a good guide to the latter.

To start, over on the right it looks like Nicky Hopkins and Billy Preston, which makes me suspect that most everyone who was on the album is likely on the cover. Anyone spot Marc Bolan and Nillson? I only have the CD which has them a bit small, we need someone with an LP and good eyes to chime in.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

29 January 2015
10.43pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

100_1700.jpgImage Enlarger

I used to know these, @trcanberra! I don’t believe that is Klaus next to Yoko. He appears to be sketching the scene on a square piece of paper, so I would suggest that that’s the cover artist, Tim Bruckner, including himself in the scene. Marc Bolan is on the left, in green trousers, climbing over the wall. There are members of The Band in the second row, behind the “artist” and Yoko, to the left of Linda. I’ll see what else I can think of.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

29 January 2015
11.25pm
carlose01
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 11

@Ahhh Girl I think your both “guesses” (does this word exist? guesses…) are right. I haven’t noticed the eggman. It’s funny, hahaha.

@trcanberra  Billy Preston, good one! It must be Billy. The other musicians that play on the record may be there, as well. 

@Ron Nasty    good eyes, hahaha. I think you are right. There are The Band members on the second row

I will try to find out who are the other ones.

Thank you all,

carlose01

30 January 2015
12.54am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Ron Nasty said
100_1700.jpgImage Enlarger

I used to know these, @trcanberra! I don’t believe that is Klaus next to Yoko. He appears to be sketching the scene on a square piece of paper, so I would suggest that that’s the cover artist, Tim Bruckner, including himself in the scene. Marc Bolan is on the left, in green trousers, climbing over the wall. There are members of The Band in the second row, behind the “artist” and Yoko, to the left of Linda. I’ll see what else I can think of.

Cheers – I suspected that was Marc on the left as well. It may be Klaus as he did all of the illustrations in the booklet.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

30 January 2015
7.20am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025

I searched the internet but couldn’t find anyone who’s sat down and properly identified/reviewed the cover. It’s a great 1970’s album, really of its time. You couldn’t not do some kind of reggae song, everything had to be singalong (in that terribly British way which meant even glam songs were singalong). I love You and Me Babe because its got that 1970’s groove and it’s rumoured that Ringo had to thank certain seedy industry types connected to the mafia at the end.

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

30 January 2015
7.26am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

ewe2 said
I searched the internet but couldn’t find anyone who’s sat down and properly identified/reviewed the cover. It’s a great 1970’s album, really of its time. You couldn’t not do some kind of reggae song, everything had to be singalong (in that terribly British way which meant even glam songs were singalong). I love You and Me Babe because its got that 1970’s groove and it’s rumoured that Ringo had to thank certain seedy industry types connected to the mafia at the end.

I think just the fact that all four Beatles are on it makes it indispensable – let alone the fact I think it is a brilliant album musically.

30 January 2015
7.29am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025

I just like it when Ringo is happy and being a Master of Ceremonies, I even like Stop And Smell The Roses, which is just a mad album. But you’re right, there’s astonishing quality here where George/Ringo frankly outshines the others.

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

30 January 2015
2.41pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5691

Does anyone feel like doing an outline overlay in Photoshop, similar to this Sgt Pepper one?

http://peopleofsgtpeppers.weeb…..156740.jpg

If we can number each person we can use it to compile a list, though I suspect some will never be identified.

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

30 January 2015
8.02pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Joe said
Does anyone feel like doing an outline overlay in Photoshop, similar to this Sgt Pepper one?
http://peopleofsgtpeppers.weeb…..156740.jpg
If we can number each person we can use it to compile a list, though I suspect some will never be identified.

I’m wondering if the artist is still around and we could track them down and ask?

30 January 2015
11.40pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin

That’s a better idea! Tim Bruckner had a website (Flash-based so doesn’t work on mobile) and seems to be active on Facebook. I’ll send him a message next week if I remember.

The following people thank Joe for this post:

trcanberra, Ron Nasty

31 January 2015
12.11am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Don’t worry @Joe, now you’ve suggested it, someone’s bound to remind you.

(@Ahhh Girl, busy next Friday?a-hard-days-night-george-10)

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

31 January 2015
12.28am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213

Secretary Ahhh Girl has the reminder programmed in her official “remind @Joe” calendar.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

trcanberra, Matt Busby
31 January 2015
3.32pm
Bongo
Somewhere In Time
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1916

Zig said

Ooh, maybe the Ringo fan club will go from 28 members to 29 :)

Bongo said

At least if your not into buying Ringo’s CD’s, check him out on YouTube before you decide.  Here’s John singing “I’m The Greatest” instead of Ringo

The following people thank Bongo for this post:

trcanberra, Matt Busby

Screen-Shot-2022-10-04-at-7.52.07-PM.png   BEATLES Music gives me Eargasms!  apple01

9 February 2015
5.28pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin

I emailed Tim Bruckner, and he’s been very helpful. I’ll report back when I can.

The following people thank Joe for this post:

Ahhh Girl, trcanberra, Ron Nasty, Mr. Kite, Matt Busby

9 February 2015
8.02pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Joe said
I emailed Tim Bruckner, and he’s been very helpful. I’ll report back when I can.

Wow – that’s awesome news! This info is pretty much non-existent on the net just now.

10 February 2015
7.47am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932

Funny Paper said
I could go on all day about this album.  It’s immensely enjoyable to me.

<snip>

Photograph — don’t get me started.  A beautiful song with classic features.  Easily on the level of good Beatles songs.  And a songwriting collaboration of Ringo with George.

<snip>

I would beg to differ.  It Don’t Come Easy is easily (no pun intended) on the level of good Beatles songs.  Photograph is on the level of the best Beatles songs :)   Two great friends collaborating as you said…simply wonderful.

To stray off topic, they all have some ‘solo’ work that is imo as good as the Beatles ever got.  John’s Working Class Hero and Imagine .  It’s hard to pick a Paul song, he was so prolific, but Maybe I’m Amazed has more to offer than his typical, self-titled “silly love songs” (and what’s wrong with that? I’d like to know…).  Band On The Run is a neat song too. As far as George, anything off ATMP …I’ll pick All Things Must Pass because it aligns well with my view of life, but I can’t express how much I love the entire album.  It compares easily to The White imo (which I know is a dangerous statement, even as I’m listening to it right now, stereo than mono, to hear the differences).  There are some other really, really good George songs on his other albums.

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

10 February 2015
8.34am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Not really on topic, but I have been looking at Tim Bruckner’s work, and he did this of John (last year, I think):

BrucknerImagine1.jpg?resize=1495%2C1008Image Enlarger

@trcanberra I think the beard is wrong for Klaus in ’73:

JohnKlausRecordPlant.jpgImage Enlarger

On the right, which is why I suggest it’s Tim himself. However, looking forward to hearing I’m wrong!

@Joe, are we going to get an interview?

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

trcanberra

10 February 2015
11.12am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

To stray off topic, they all have some ‘solo’ work that is imo as good as the Beatles ever got.

I’ll continue off-topic – I agree with you 100%.

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Matt Busby

11 February 2015
10.04am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin

@Ron Nasty There’s a lot more on that sculpture on this website. It was part of a set made for an exhibition of May Pang’s photography.

11 February 2015
4.17pm
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932

Bongo said
Zig said

Bongo said

At least if your not into buying Ringo’s CD’s, check him out on YouTube before you decide.  Here’s John singing “I’m The Greatest” instead of Ringo

Bongo said

Zig said

Bongo said

At least if your not into buying Ringo’s CD’s, check him out on YouTube before you decide.  Here’s John singing “I’m The Greatest” instead of 

@Zig, make that 29 or 30 :)

I find it interesting that John refers to Billy Shears in the feminine, i.e. “she was great”.  I know Ringo sang Boys   (from a woman’s point of view) but I don’t believe he refers to Shears as ‘she’ when he sang I’m the Greatest. Was John just goofing as he (and the others) often did?

The following people thank Matt Busby for this post:

Zig

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691