Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Ringo's 2012-2013 Tour
19 August 2013
8.37pm
mccartneyalarm
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 243
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Very cool, mja6758! I love that he’s singing “Love Me Do !” Interesting choice…of all the songs he could have done! Thanks for that!

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

19 August 2013
9.35pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 550

I’d go see Ringo in a heartbeat!  Even if I went alone.  He’s a Beatle…I want to see him!  Plus, I love Ringo…he’s so cute & funny!  a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

19 August 2013
11.40pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

Ringo covered Love Me Do for Vertical Man with Steven Tyler playing the harmonica.

Ringo did I Call Your Name , playing alongside Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Joe Walsh and others, for that Lennon tribute mja mentioned above and its a fine cut. The video includes Ringo remembering meeting John and his tribute to him as well.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

20 August 2013
12.41am
LadyBay
Following The Sun
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 106

Thanks MMM,  that is really, really good. It seems that if you give him a solid, professional backing band,  Ringo can give you some terrific performances.

"Try to realise it's all within yourself - no-one else can make you change"

20 August 2013
1.12pm
Eppyisonlysleeping
Rooftop
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 6

I saw Ringo when he came to Australia!!! He was wonderful, very charming and sweet…and very Ringo. The thrill of seeing a ‘Beatle’ sort of wears off after the first two songs…then you just appreciate Ringo. But yes, he is wonderful live and very funny. He dances and waves to everyone :)

31 October 2013
10.48pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111

Seemed like the best place to post… Examiner article – he’s started his Latin American tour, and the setlist is posted. 

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

1 November 2013
12.56am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064

Eppyisonlysleeping said
I saw Ringo when he came to Australia!!! He was wonderful, very charming and sweet…and very Ringo. The thrill of seeing a ‘Beatle’ sort of wears off after the first two songs…then you just appreciate Ringo. But yes, he is wonderful live and very funny. He dances and waves to everyone :)

I was so upset I missed him.  For some strange reason I didn’t get the usual ‘heads up’ email from the promoters and I am subbed to every ticketing agency down here.  As the tour had zero news coverage here in Canberra I managed to miss the Sydney appearance completely – sigh.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

1 November 2013
1.01am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111

trcanberra said

Eppyisonlysleeping said

I was so upset I missed him.  For some strange reason I didn’t get the usual ‘heads up’ email from the promoters and I am subbed to every ticketing agency down here.  As the tour had zero news coverage here in Canberra I managed to miss the Sydney appearance completely – sigh.

I’m so sorry to hear that! You’re one of the most ardent Ringo fans here.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

1 November 2013
1.10am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

^ Seems like (I have followed Ahhh Girl’s lead as well – I hit ebay for Sentimental Journey and Beaucoup of Blues the other day).

And yes, if I had got back into buying Beatles CDs a couple of months earlier, I would have been on this site sooner, and probably heard about it here then.

Spilt milk and all that I guess.  Luckily Ringo keeps churning out DVDs of his concerts so I have the Ryman one from his current tour band so I can at least watch that to see what it was all like.

We had a crazy time in Sydney earlier in the year with three of my favourites all here in close proximity: Neil Young & the Horse, Springsteen and Rings.  Never rains but it pours.

Man, I am full of stale proverbs today, it must be that post-Halloween sugar rush …

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

1 November 2013
2.42pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059

I missed Ringo twice, so I made sure the third time he came around here I saw him. I enjoyed the concert; however, I do not think many of my fellow concert goers did. The amphitheater still had a reasonable large crowd when it was over, but there were several that left in the middle. I don’t know if it was because it was the 4th of July, people trying to avoid the let out rush in general, or they didn’t like it. I know he doesn’t have a lot of material like Paul, but you don’t walk away from a living Beatle! Thats just stupid! I don’t care about the rush. We waited an hour in traffic before getting back to the hotel and I would do it all over again. 

Okay, enough of my ranting. I thought he was charming and funny. He played songs from his Beatle days, early solo, and some new solo. I enjoyed all the material, including What Goes On which is usually on my skip list. I enjoyed the other musicians as well. I got to hear some Santana and Toto songs, so it was great. Its a night I won’t forget. ahdn_ringo_09

1 November 2013
4.58pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240

trcanberra said
^ Seems like (I have followed Ahhh Girl’s lead as well – I hit ebay for Sentimental Journey and Beaucoup of Blues the other day).

[snip]

I am so getting in to Ringo’s music!!!!!!!!!! Bopping to “Dose of Rock-n-Roll” right now.

1 November 2013
9.44pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Ahhh Girl said

trcanberra said

[snip]

I am so getting in to Ringo’s music!!!!!!!!!! Bopping to “Dose of Rock-n-Roll” right now.

Ah nice – I had Rotogravure years ago and really liked that track, so nice to see it’s on Photograph now.

5 November 2013
9.27pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

I hope Ringo is having fun on his current tour.

Image Enlarger

1 January 2014
12.03am
Billy Rhythm
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 953

meanmistermustard said 

I will probably be in the minority but i’d love to have a full Ringo concert, he doesn’t have the wealth of material to pull from as Paul does but he has enough to do a 90 minute concert. I suppose that will bore him which is fair enough.

I’d really like to see this happen as well, but the older that he gets the chances of it happening are getting slimmer.  My dream Ringo setlist would look something like this:

I’m The Greatest

Liverpool 8

Yellow Submarine

Matchbox

Honey Don’t

The No No Song

Snookeroo

It Don’t Come Easy

Early 1970

What Goes On

Act Naturally

Boys

Back Off Boogaloo

Wrack My Brain

Don’t Pass Me By

You’re Sixteen

Photograph

1st Encore

Octopus’ Garden

I Call Your Name

Love Me Do

2nd Encore

With A Little Help From My Friends

Good Night

It’d be FAB!!!…:-)

24 August 2014
10.18pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

The dates and locations of the first leg of this tour (June-July 2012) are listed in post 1 of this thread. I put a few other contextual notes in that post also.

The Pacific Rim leg of the tour (February-March 2013)
Feb 7 – Christchurch, New Zealand – CBS Canterbury Arena
Feb 9 – Auckland, New Zealand – Vector Arena
Feb 11 – Brisbane – Convention Center
Feb 13- Sydney – Horden Pavilion
Feb 16 – Melbourne – Festival Hall
Feb 19 – Adelaide- Entertainment Centre
Feb 21 – Perth – Challenge Stadium
Feb 25 & 26. Tokyo, Japan – Zepp Arena
Feb 27 – Nagoya, Japan – Zepp Hall
March 1 – Osaka, Japan – Zepp Hall

The Latin America leg ot the tour (October-November 2013)
Oct 29 – Sao Paulo, Brazil – Credicard Hall
Oct 31 – Curitiba, Brazil – Teatro Positivo
Nov 2 – Punta del Este, Uruguay – Conrad Hotel
Nov 4 – Asuncion, Paraguay – Leon Condou
Nov 6 – Cordoba, Argentina – Orfeo
Nov 8 – Buenos Aires, Argentina – Luna Park
Nov 11 – Lima, Peru – Jockey Club
Nov 13 – Mexico City, Mexico National Auditorium
Nov 16 – Guadalajara, Mexico – Auditorio Telmex
Nov 18 – Monterrey, Mexico – Auditorio Banamex

Final two dates in the U.S.
Nov 22 – Las Vegas – The Palms
Nov 23 – Las Vegas – The Palms

We have separate threads for Ringo’s 2010-2011 tour and his 2014 tour.

I’m so glad I got to see Ringo and his All-Starr Band during the 2014 tour. He is looking and sounding fantastic. I wish him all the best. I hope he feels like touring for years to come.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

meanmistermustard, parlance
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694