Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Ringo's 2010-2011 Tour
6 September 2011
3.03am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I GOT TICKETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I don't care George you get jealous…. She got tickets!! a-hard-days-night-ringo-10a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

Image Enlarger

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

29 September 2011
11.50pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members

Sorry for doing this.

Image Enlarger

I got my tickets!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! a-hard-days-night-ringo-9a-hard-days-night-ringo-9a-hard-days-night-ringo-9a-hard-days-night-ringo-9a-hard-days-night-ringo-9a-hard-days-night-ringo-9a-hard-days-night-ringo-9a-hard-days-night-ringo-9a-hard-days-night-ringo-9

Beware of Darkness… 

30 September 2011
2.19pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8NICE!

I really hope he finds his way up here to New England.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

30 September 2011
8.51pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402

Zig said:

Ringo needs to play the States. Preferably in my back yard in the Zigatorium.

Hey, you have room for a Canuck to crash for the show right? Don't worry – I clean well.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

1 October 2011
3.02pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

There is plenty of room at the Zigatorium. Just bring your own sleeping bag and antibiotics.

Image Enlarger

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

1 November 2011
3.47am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members

Ok guys I log off for 2 days. I'm going to see Ringo tomorrow!!

So far: I'll try to sneak a sign saying beatlesbible.com. I'll tell Ringo to play in US and Canada, and I'll scream “Pru loves you Ringo!!” a-hard-days-night-ringo-9a-hard-days-night-ringo-9a-hard-days-night-ringo-9

Beware of Darkness… 

1 November 2011
6.25am
oneafter909
The station
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 402

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Lucky. Have fun. 

Bah. Ringo and Paul just need to do a world tour. It's not my fault I'm not North or South American. paul-mccartney

Step on the gas and wipe that tear away.

1 November 2011
10.40am
seaglass eyes sunny smile
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 570

mithveaen said:

Ok guys I log off for 2 days. I’m going to see Ringo tomorrow!!

So far: I’ll try to sneak a sign saying beatlesbible.com. I’ll tell Ringo to play in US and Canada, and I’ll scream “Pru loves you Ringo!!” a-hard-days-night-ringo-9a-hard-days-night-ringo-9a-hard-days-night-ringo-9

Okay, you're not getting this till later, but…OHMIGOD YOU GET TO SEE RINGO!!!! I am jealous. Amazing idea with the sign.

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"What happens to them?" insisted Milo.

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

1 November 2011
1.42pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

I hope you have a great time Mith. Its a delight to see a Beatle.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 November 2011
11.52pm
Vale
Neverland
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 137

You are so lucky! Have fun funn and amazing time!

PS: tell him to come to Central America too, I know he won't but we won't lose anything if we try a-hard-days-night-john-6

This is la la la la love! – George Harrisonheart

Please! Tell me what you think! and I hope you won't  laugh haha.

http://soulandeyes.tumblr.com/

"Que en el planeta tanto ande mal; Que el hombre agreda al hombre, que el hombre agreda al animal, al vegetal."

2 November 2011
8.46pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members

I’m back!! I’m exhausted but the concert was amazing! I wanted Ringo to sing more songs but what he did was just perfect. I got very emotional when he sang Photograph, and when he did Yellow Submarine the people took out yellow ballons! and the All-Starr Band was amazing. The highlights with them were Broken Wings, Dream River, Talking in your Sleep and many others.

gotta sleep and later I’ll post a complete review. a-hard-days-night-ringo-9a-hard-days-night-ringo-9

Beware of Darkness… 

2 November 2011
11.32pm
seaglass eyes sunny smile
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 570

Wow. Mith, you are very lucky. Sounds amazing. Can't wait for the complete review!

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"What happens to them?" insisted Milo.

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

2 November 2011
11.57pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

I saw Ringo live in Glasgow back in June but thought it was only ok. Ringo disappeared during the final song (With A Little Help From My Friends ) and never came out again. It just finished. At the the end of Little Help all the other musicians just left the stage and the lights came up.

I thought Ringo was great, very funny, interacted with the crowd, and sung and drummed fantastically, but came across as only doing the beatles numbers because he had to. And one of the All Stars insisted on playing what seemed like a 25 minute solo which was thoroughly boring. Plus i hate with a passion Take These Broken Wings.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

3 November 2011
3.54am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members

Well knowing that

a. Ringo was not going to sing as many Beatles songs as Paul does in his concerts

b. He came with his All Stars Band, so I was going to hear songs that probably I didn’t like

c. The concert was going to be short (only 2 hrs)

I have to say, I totally enjoyed the experience of watching a Beatle on stage.

I went with my niece to see the concert. When the plane landed in Mexico City, I told her “You’re in the same city that a Beatle is” and she opened her eyes saying “I can’t believe it!”. I met some friends, and well the buzz in the city was not the same with Paul, but you could see in the newstands magazines, posters, calendars about the Beatles and Ringo, and of course, the newspapers with his photo making the V of Peace and Love.

Before the concert we met some friends and we went sighseeing around Mexico City, I saw for the first time the Zocalo and the Templo Mayor. Later we had dinner and then, we went to the Auditorio Nacional.

The place was crowded. I was wearing my Ringo cap and my Help ! scarf because the weather was very cold. We saw tons of people with Beatles t-shirts and a lot of kids with the pink Sgt Pepper outfit. I even saw a whole family wearing the militar uniform in different colors (my friends called them the Teletubbies). We went inside and I could sneak my camera. We saw the huge star in the stage, and then my friends arrived.

Ringo started the concert with It don’t come easy, and the house went nuts. Everybody jumped and sang with him, and he looked just amazing for his age (I must say younger than Paul)

I have to say the concert was way better than I expected. The All Stars Band is fantastic, and some of the songs are from the times I was a teen. My favorite band those days was Mr. Mister, so listening to Kyrie and Broken Wings was a real treat, as well as Dream Weaver and Talking in your sleep.

Ringo showed why he was perfect for the Beatles with his charm. He had a great interaction with the audience. When someone showed a cover of one of his albums he said “I got that record!”. When he sang Choose Love, we did the same trick we did for Paul in Let em in with lighters. Then he introduced Yellow Submarine and the audience took out yellow balloons it was fantastic. Ringo said “John John!” when the chorus that John makes for the song was heard. In that moment I almost broke in tears. At the end everybody was clapping with him and he said “Thank you for the yellow ballons!”

The rest of the concert was a real treat. There was a little intermission without Ringo in the stage but Winters did a good job with Frankstein. (I didn’t feel that long). And when he sang in I Wanna Be Your Man , “Tell me that you love me baby” I yelled with my friends and nice “I love you!!” and then I yelled “Ringo, Pru loveees you!!”

Another emotional moment for me was Photograph, maybe because I remembered Concert for George. My friends and I sang at the top of our lungs Act Naturally , and then, the moment we were waiting for: With a little help of my friends. It was a real special moment, because the lines that John, Paul and George sang “Do you need anybody?” the audience did it for Ringo and I got really emotional. My niece said later “Imagine , we were singing for him, when George and John are not here anymore”. Then he sang “Give Peace A Chance “, left the stage and despite we were asking for an encore, he didn’t return.

But it didn’t matter. Can he do more? Maybe. He would try to sing more Beatle songs (like Don’t Pass Me By ) but well, at least he doesn’t embarrass his Beatles legacy. It’s hard to live with the names Lennon/McCartney/Harrison at your side. And I repeat, I didn’t expect too much from him, but a good night with good music and I got that and more.

PS I got as souvenirs a very nice Ringo All Stars Band tshirt and something special: I was walking in Mexico’s downtown and I saw the symbol of Om in a store and I thought “George!” and I put it in my Ringo’s bracelet. Last year, when I saw Paul, I saw in a store in Mexico City a Peace and Love sign and I thought “John!”. Nice coincidences uh? a-hard-days-night-ringo-10a-hard-days-night-george-9a-hard-days-night-john-2a-hard-days-night-paul-8

Image Enlarger

Edit : Some fans are angry with Ringo in Mexico because he didn’t sing Las Brisas (a song he wrote for Mexico) and he left the stage and he didn’t sing another song. Well, first of all he didn’t rehearse that song, and yes, he could have done an encore but come on…. there’s always something bad in these concerts and not everybody is happy. Maybe I have no complaints because in general the concert was very good, It’s So Hard for me to go to these kind of events. I have to spend a lot of money in plane tickets, hotel, food etc that just to be there is a plus for me. I never thought I was going to see 50% of my all time favorite band and true legends live. That’s why my review is so positive.

But I say it again, that’s just my opinion. Peace and Love!

Beware of Darkness… 

4 November 2011
4.36pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5691

Thanks for the report! Glad you had a great time.

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

4 November 2011
4.52pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Wow, mith – that sounds like fun. I really hope to be able to see him some day. Thanks very much for sharing your experience with us.

apple01&heart

4 November 2011
7.52pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members

You're welcome guys! Actually Zig I think you would really really enjoy watching this All Stars Band because of the great musicians that make it.Something funny happened : A guy behind me was yelling when the first non-Ringo song was played “I don't know you go away we want Ringo!” and at the end, the same guy was clapping the All Stars Band and he said “Wow, those are truly talented musicians!”

Here are some pics. I couldn't take better photos because there were guys checking nobody was taking pics, and I put away my camera at the middle of the concert. I decided to truly enjoy it!

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Beware of Darkness… 

4 November 2011
7.56pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Great pics – funny story about the guy behind you!

4 November 2011
8.15pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402

Mith, it sounds great. I probably wouldn’t drive to see Ringo, but if he were to play Ottawa, I’d go. Zig, I hope you get your chance. Mith, how many non Ringo songs were played? (I actually remember seeing a YouTube video of the All Stars from 1992 (?) which was awesome. Who was in this version?)

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

4 November 2011
11.05pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members

this was the setlist.

It Don't Come Easy           (Ringo Starr cover)
        Honey Don't                     (Carl Perkins cover)
        Choose Love                    (Ringo Starr cover)
        Hang On Sloopy              (The McCoys cover)
        Free Ride                        (Edgar Winter cover) (sung by Edgar Winter)
        Talking in Your Sleep       (The Romantics cover) (sung by Wally Palmar)
        I Wanna Be Your Man        (The Beatles cover)
        Dream Weaver                 (Gary Wright cover) (sung by Gary Wright)
        Kyrie                               (Mr. Mister cover) (sung by Richard Page)
        The Other Side Of Liverpool
        Yellow Submarine               (The Beatles cover)
        Frankenstein                      (Edgar Winter cover) (The only song without Ringo on stage)
        Peace Dream
        Back Off Boogaloo              (Ringo Starr cover)
        What I Like About You        (The Romantics cover) (sung by Wally Palmar)
        Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo      (Rick Derringer cover) (sung by Rick Derringer)
        Boys                               (The Beatles cover)
        Love Is Alive                    (Gary Wright cover) (sung by Gary Wright)
        Broken Wings                   (Mr. Mister cover) (sung by Richard Page)
        Photograph                     (Ringo Starr cover)
        Act Naturally                   (Buck Owens cover)
        With A Little Help From My Friends           (The Beatles cover)
        Give Peace A Chance                  (John Lennon cover)

So it was a total of 11 songs by Ringo. The All Stars Band this year members are :

Ringo Starr – drums, vocals
    Wally Palmar – guitar, harmonica, vocals
    Rick Derringer – guitar, vocals
    Edgar Winter – keyboards, saxophone, vocals
    Gary Wright – keyboards, vocals
    Richard Page – bass, vocals
    Gregg Bissonette – drums, vocals

Beware of Darkness… 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691